Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sports Betting (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   What happened to the arb threads? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=520029)

Jim T 10-10-2007 04:25 PM

What happened to the arb threads?

Anyway, BetChris/Bookmaker has Wake at +215, while Matchbook has FSU -210 (with almost 3000 behind it).

MyTurn2Raise 10-10-2007 04:50 PM

Re: What happened to the arb threads?

arbing died out here when US cut off Pinny

the successful bettors around here still do it bigtime

TomG 10-10-2007 04:59 PM

If you do find any particularly juicy ones, please post them. Just bump the arb thread. I know I would appreciate it.

Jazzy3113 10-10-2007 05:41 PM

Help a newbie out here. Does this mean if you place a unit on each then......if FSU wins you break even and if Wake wins you win a little.....so basically it is a free roll on Wake to win?

thing85 10-10-2007 05:47 PM

You can arrange it however you want. You can calculate it such that you make the same amount of money no matter which side wins. See an arb calculator for details (I don't have a link handy).

paperchamp 10-10-2007 05:49 PM

You guys are going to make me cry. I miss my free monies. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Utah 10-10-2007 06:42 PM

Cincy/KC

SIA +3 -110
Matchbook -3 +112.7 (after fees)

Pinny +111

dankhank 10-10-2007 06:49 PM

my arbing has gone way down because it's so hard to move money around. i'm not comfortable having large balance imbalances at my key books anymore, because re-upping is such a hassle. plus with books slow playing more often and having more risk of going belly up, it's no fun winning a bunch of arbs in a row at certain books.

i'm sick of it really. can't wait to get to vegas in three months. if the offshore situation hadn't deteriorated so much in the past year, i'm not sure i would even be moving.

TomG 10-10-2007 06:50 PM

Thanks Utah. It was at KC +3.0 -105 yesterday. But I didn't bet it because I'm always unsure if I should take the arb now or wait until game day for an even bigger arb. When it comes to the NFL at SIA, you never know.

thing85 10-10-2007 07:02 PM

Utah, have you been hiding under a rock for the past few months?

Utah 10-10-2007 07:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Utah, have you been hiding under a rock for the past few months?

[/ QUOTE ]I just spent a decent length of time consulting in Moscow and Siberia. I just came back because my visa ran out. My new visa comes in a few days and then I am back to Russia for 3 months minimum and then likely to Budapest and Minsk.

So, no sports betting for me except a few bets over the last few days.

thing85 10-10-2007 07:33 PM

Nice. Good luck at work!

Jim T 10-10-2007 07:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you do find any particularly juicy ones, please post them. Just bump the arb thread. I know I would appreciate it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not really juicy, but there are arbs for the Flyer/Cannuck game. WagerStreet has Canucks -135, ABC Island and/or Jazz have the Flyers +139 (and Matchbook has them +142.)

Edit: I go back and see that ABC/Jazz dropped them to 120. Pinny (if you can use them) has them at +140 though.

Jazzy3113 10-10-2007 07:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I just spent a decent length of time consulting in Moscow and Siberia. I just came back because my visa ran out. My new visa comes in a few days and then I am back to Russia for 3 months minimum and then likely to Budapest and Minsk.

So, no sports betting for me except a few bets over the last few days.

[/ QUOTE ]

TR please

B00T 10-10-2007 09:44 PM

go back to work you bastard [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Schwatt 10-10-2007 11:03 PM

I see 1-5 cent arbs all the time with Matchbook involved. But usually there's only $500 behind, so it's not really worth it. Not to mention as soon as 1 person arbs the MB line, it will move.

If I post an arb, I try to find arbs on other books, with higher maximum bets, so a few people can hit them before they move.

Jim T 10-11-2007 07:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I see 1-5 cent arbs all the time with Matchbook involved. But usually there's only $500 behind, so it's not really worth it. Not to mention as soon as 1 person arbs the MB line, it will move.

If I post an arb, I try to find arbs on other books, with higher maximum bets, so a few people can hit them before they move.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not always. For instance right now they have Hawaii at -780 with 26,000 behind it, vs SJS +800 at various other books. (Unfortunately you are really risking 780 to win 98, so -780 is really -796)

Jim T 10-11-2007 10:55 PM

Actually a good one now:

Toledo +180 (with a thousand behind) on Matchbook
Buffalo -160 on various

Unfortunately my deposit hasn't been credited so I can't take advantage.

beset 10-12-2007 12:26 PM

The arb threads went away because arb threads are completely useless (just a guess).

TomG 10-12-2007 12:44 PM

Would anyone be interested in a chat room on IRC to share arbs? I know there are a large group of voracious line hunters on this forum (myself included). I'd be willing to share my daily finds if others would reciprocate. I find a lot of 0 and 1 cent arbs that aren't worth posting here. But these still have value and a chat room seems the most efficient way to share.

B00T 10-12-2007 12:55 PM

hogua would love to.. pm him

beset 10-12-2007 01:11 PM

tom: i just find the whole concept of arb sharing a little ridiculous. Am I missing something? When I find something I have to move on that [censored] fast or its gone.

Lori 10-12-2007 01:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The arb threads went away because arb threads are completely useless (just a guess).

[/ QUOTE ]

This is wrong. Some people like free money via means other than welching on prop bets.

TomG 10-12-2007 01:25 PM

It depends on the book. Some books move their lines aggressively so that one max bet will eliminate the opportunity. Other books will continue to hang stale lines even after several max bets. These books are the real targets.

Lori 10-12-2007 01:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It depends on the book. Some books move their lines aggressively so that one max bet will eliminate the opportunity. Other books will continue to hang stale lines even after several max bets. These books are the real targets.

[/ QUOTE ]

Some of the baseball arbs at the start of the season were lasting hours, and in two cases, days.
Yes they were only for maybe $50 profit on $1000 over a season, but some people want to know them. To say there's no point to having one thread on a site where there are literally thousands of useless threads (See OOT for details) because that thread may be a bit suboptimal, is ludicrous.

Lori

Utah 10-12-2007 02:40 PM

dallas +240 5dimes
chicago -106 pinny

Normally I wont have hit this but 5dimes is slowly moving the line so it is unlikely error and the bets should stand.

Thremp 10-12-2007 02:45 PM

Ugh....

I'd be stunned if that stood. Dimes pulls these on a regular basis.

Utah 10-12-2007 02:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Ugh....

I'd be stunned if that stood. Dimes pulls these on a regular basis.

[/ QUOTE ]Normally they would and there is still a possibility they will (havent yet). Again, normally I wouldnt even bother betting it. But, the line slid from 270, 260, 250, 240. So, they were changing it and that makes it more likely it stands. I have had several at 5dimes like this stand. However, I would never arb it.

hedgie43 10-12-2007 03:00 PM

Utah,

What sport is this?

vexel77 10-12-2007 04:30 PM

Bottomfeeders.......

Lori 10-12-2007 04:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Bottomfeeders.......

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Hope this is the right place to post this mods. Is anyone here an odds compiler? Im thinking of trying to get in to it. What skills are required for your job? What is the money like? How did you get in to it? How long does it take to become a senior odds compiler?

[/ QUOTE ]

I assume it's okay for you to ask for help, but not for other people to do the same?

vexel77 10-12-2007 05:06 PM

I wasnt trying to steal.

Lori 10-12-2007 05:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I wasnt trying to steal.

[/ QUOTE ]

You love the wong teasers but won't bet arbs. What's the difference?

vexel77 10-12-2007 05:09 PM

well arbing is exploiting the fact that two books have taken a differnet line, with no risk at all to the punter. I do believe that you can lose with a wong, am i right?

Lori 10-12-2007 05:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
well arbing is exploiting the fact that two books have taken a differnet line, with no risk at all to the punter. I do believe that you can lose with a wong, am i right?

[/ QUOTE ]

If both books are happy offering those lines, why on Earth would it be stealing?

If a book sets a line at -110/-110 and takes equal action on either side is that stealing too?

kaboshedx 10-12-2007 05:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

YOU ARE SUCH A GOOD PERSON TO GIVE THE BOOKS A CHANCE TO TAKE YOUR MONEY, SUCH MORALITY, OH IT IS SO BEAUTIFUL IT'S SAD, CAN I JOIN YOUR RELIGION? i SUPPOSE PART OF THIS RELIGION WOULD BE ONLY BETTING SHARP LINES TOO? EV, SUCH AN EVIL CONCEPT, DAMN YOU DAVID SKLANSKY, DAMN YOU TO HELL STANFORD WONG, DAMN YOU!!!

vexel77 10-12-2007 05:17 PM

Trust me, books dont intentionally create arbable lines.
How long is the lifetime of your avergae arb?
Feel free to keep hammering away tho. Just dont come crying to me when you get your account closed. It might be different in the US but in the UK the books do quite a lot to keep punters happy and ill respect that fact by not trying to "steal" from them.

Be warned kids arbing is for losers..

vexel77 10-12-2007 05:18 PM

There is +ev and there is stealing. You guys just dont know the difference.

kaboshedx 10-12-2007 05:20 PM

OH SO BEAUTIFUL!! SUCH RESPECT!!

what is your edge cutoff? If a book posts a line that is >15 cents off WA lines (Thremp) do you pass on it due to your BEAUTIFUL MORALS?

why am i wasting my time, sorry for this outburst, carry on.

kaboshedx 10-12-2007 05:21 PM

Tell me what constitutes stealing, quantify the edge for me?

BTW who do you like this weekend?