Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   $1/2: Well, now I am a station (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=519916)

FGators 10-10-2007 01:50 PM

$1/2: Well, now I am a station

Stars $1/2. Another hand from last night. Guy has like $175 to start the hand. I checked and he's one tabling. Haven't seen him before. This is like the fourth hand at the table so no reads. 5 handed. I have $270 as I just won a $140 pot with Aces against 77 all in preflop.

I open J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]10 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] in the cutoff to $6, villain calls OTB, everyone else folds.

Flop: J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

I lead $10, he raises to $28, I call

Turn: 7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

I check, he bets $30, I call

River: K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

I make a rash decision and check (I think this is a decent blocker but it folds out his bluffs), he bets $40 and I call.

Anybody play it differently?

KhalynYohrk 10-10-2007 01:52 PM

Re: $1/2: Well, now I am a station

Looks like a good spot to c/c down to me.

orange 10-10-2007 01:53 PM

c/shove turn. sorry if he had AJ or KJ.

biendover 10-10-2007 01:54 PM

I think a raise is in order either on the turn or river. I don't really give guys who only have 175 and one table much credit.

FGators 10-10-2007 01:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
c/shove turn. sorry if he had AJ or KJ.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do I get called by worse ever? I mean possibly if he has J9 or J8 or something but he folded the first 5 hands at the table so that's all I have.

orange 10-10-2007 01:56 PM

-of the few tags that play one table from time and again to really really evaluate their games, most people that one table aren't great (in general).
-$175 stack
-narrowed range of hands that beat you

i mean, i guess calling down is okay, i just think we see Ax alot and sure, we definitely do get called by worse.

Jay Riall 10-10-2007 02:02 PM

Fk this I shove river, you chop with QJ now aswell which is nice.

FGators 10-10-2007 02:04 PM

Shoving doesn't make any sense unless we try to get him to fold his straight or get him to fold out a Jack trying to rep KJ.

I highly doubt he'd call with a single ace here.

Ender Wiggin 10-10-2007 02:05 PM

CRAI turn

djj6835 10-10-2007 02:05 PM

I'm looking to get this in at some point, probably on the turn.

orange 10-10-2007 02:07 PM

he isnt going to fold a straight and shoving makes sense if we are looking for value. he might also be going apeshit with 'AK TOP 2 BONER TIME' or something like that.

Jay Riall 10-10-2007 02:09 PM

lmao orange [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

FGators 10-10-2007 02:19 PM

Well I thought we put people on ranges around here, at least thats what I heard, so shoving so he could go nuts with one hand and get called by KJ/AJ, a straight and chopping with the other jacks doesn't make any sense.

LearnedfromTV 10-10-2007 02:20 PM

you have three of a kind! If he coldcalls AJ pre, he can just as easily coldcall AQ, and maybe AK. Some people will also raise weaker Ax on this flop, and if they do, they are usually not planning to fold it.

Get it in. On the turn, AJ is 3 combos, KJ/QJ are 4 combos each. He never has AA. These are the only hands that beat you! (If he raised 77 on the flop or coldcalled J7 pre (only one suited combo), then nhsir.) Other [censored] is >>>> 11 combos. Other [censored] he calls a turn crai with is >> 11 combos.

Jay Riall 10-10-2007 02:21 PM

Thing is by the river you have the best hand sooooo often, just shove and hope he calls with Ax (its not as unlikely as you think imo).

djj6835 10-10-2007 02:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Well I thought we put people on ranges around here, at least thats what I heard, so shoving so he could go nuts with one hand and get called by KJ/AJ, a straight and chopping with the other jacks doesn't make any sense.

[/ QUOTE ]

I like to assume people can't fold top pair especially if he raised the flop with an ace. I think that provides enough of a range to make value stacking yourself here fine.

LearnedfromTV 10-10-2007 02:23 PM

Also, QT is clearly v large part of his range! And it makes a lot of sense to bluff him off of it, after he raises the flop and bets the turn with a gutshot, he's likely to fold after getting there.

Merge that [censored].

djj6835 10-10-2007 02:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Also, QT is clearly v large part of his range!

[/ QUOTE ]

Hero just has trips so this is a bad thing.

FGators 10-10-2007 02:26 PM

No it's not but its possible and its not folding. I'm starting to think that I'm not nearly as bad as you people make it sound. I squeeze out values in spots where people don't think I do and I save myself money when people would 'value-stack themselves.' Like I lost $800 last night and the biggest pot I lost was one $400 pot and I won a $350 pot.

Honestly I think I saved like $600-800 on not going broke in spots like this.

The guy had KJ here ftw and before people jump all over me for not getting to showdown I don't think you can make calling stations fold top pair or draws.

LearnedfromTV 10-10-2007 02:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Also, QT is clearly v large part of his range!

[/ QUOTE ]

Hero just has trips so this is a bad thing.

[/ QUOTE ]

My bad.

<font color="white"> @#!@$@#$! </font>

LearnedfromTV 10-10-2007 02:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't think you can make calling stations fold top pair

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

orange 10-10-2007 02:28 PM

obv he had KJ.

Symbolic 10-10-2007 02:29 PM

I crai on turn. I think he'll call with an ace. Stack-a-donk is a good line because after you check the turn he'll think you're weak and many villains are incapable of revaluating this when you raise. Hence he'll put you on a bluff or something and call you with any ace. I really wanna get all the money in the pot and I think stack-a-donk accomplishes this nicely. Of course occasionally you'll be beat, but if you are, it's a cooler. If you had a read that he was real nitty then you could play it different but vs. an unknown I'll happily get all in here.

LT22 10-10-2007 02:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
No it's not but its possible and its not folding. I'm starting to think that I'm not nearly as bad as you people make it sound. I squeeze out values in spots where people don't think I do and I save myself money when people would 'value-stack themselves.' Like I lost $800 last night and the biggest pot I lost was one $400 pot and I won a $350 pot.

The guy had KJ here ftw and before people jump all over me for not getting to showdown I don't think you can make calling stations fold top pair or draws.

[/ QUOTE ]

just fold 2 the flop raise if you're not going to get AI here

imozyslow 10-10-2007 02:31 PM

ummm you have trips against a one tabling player that doesnt even have a full stack with an A on board. PUT MOGNIES IN 2 DA POT PLZ.

djj6835 10-10-2007 02:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't follow. You did get to showdown and villain not being able to fold top pair or draws is a reason to stack off on the turn. Am I missing something here?

FGators 10-10-2007 02:33 PM

dj,

I just felt like he had me throughout this hand with his turn bet and river bet which seemed like the milking variety.

donkeykong2 10-10-2007 02:35 PM

i think you played the hand fine.

aislephive 10-10-2007 02:41 PM

I agree with Jay, shove river. Any A calls thinking they're at least chopping, and you probably aren't beat here like ever.

This is also one of the spots where I like donking the turn unless I view him as somebody who bluffs a ton. Ax will often check back the turn but never fold to a turn bet. Against a tag your flop/turn line is good, though.

Anyways, I'm guessing you lost the hand somehow and you're going to say that 'OMG look all the "good" players would have taken the same line or lost more monies! Nothing is wrong with my game at all!'

aislephive 10-10-2007 02:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If you lost 4 bi in one session but only got stacked once, that isn't a good thing.

Chicago Twister 10-10-2007 02:44 PM

Raise the turn. If he has an Ace, he will call 85% of the time. Sometimes he shows up with a straight, but not normally and poker is ghambing.

Double Eagle 10-10-2007 02:53 PM

I don't think this is that horrible but yeah CR turn looks best although we get called by worse a lot less than people are claiming.

keikiwai 10-10-2007 02:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
'AK TOP 2 BONER TIME'

[/ QUOTE ]

hahhahaha this is awesome

i raise somewhere - no one can fold tp when they're short or for 100bb

FGators 10-10-2007 03:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If you lost 4 bi in one session but only got stacked once, that isn't a good thing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah it isn't. I didn't make better than top pair in 2 hours of 12 tabling (outsude of this hand and ones I c bet flop and villain mucked quickly) and all my overpairs were clearly beaten in multiway pots so I don't really think there was much to do. I table select to sit with like 3 stations and when you clearly have the second best hand to the stations I think you are pretty helpless.

keikiwai 10-10-2007 03:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
2 hours of 12 tabling

[/ QUOTE ]

fgators, i [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] you, so try playing 1 or 2 (gasp) tables for 2 days and see what happens

also, did you listen to my Razz suggestion?

FGators 10-10-2007 03:25 PM

I'll be making a gut check decision within the next few days whether or not to quit poker all together and cash out and get into something else or continue on my pace for Supernova Elite, which is really the only reason I play 12 tables and play all together.

I haven't played Razz and your suggestion is just taking a shot at me, I think. Are you joking that I'm so bad that I should play a game that is all luck?

Event Duality 10-10-2007 03:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm starting to think that I'm not nearly as bad as you people make it sound. I squeeze out values in spots where people don't think I do and I save myself money when people would 'value-stack themselves.' Like I lost $800 last night and the biggest pot I lost was one $400 pot and I won a $350 pot.

[/ QUOTE ]

But how much did you lose by not betting when you should be, calling when you should be raising, and your favorite, folding when you should be shoving?

donkeykong2 10-10-2007 03:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'll be making a gut check decision within the next few days whether or not to quit poker all together and cash out and get into something else or continue on my pace for Supernova Elite, which is really the only reason I play 12 tables and play all together.

I haven't played Razz and your suggestion is just taking a shot at me, I think. Are you joking that I'm so bad that I should play a game that is all luck?

[/ QUOTE ]

there is no shame in moving down to limits where you can actually make a bit of money that way and wont have a frustrating experience so often. you got to have a lot of motivation if you twelve-table expecting to break even. btw did you get my pm?

imozyslow 10-10-2007 03:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
2 hours of 12 tabling

[/ QUOTE ]

fgators, i [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] you, so try playing 1 or 2 (gasp) tables for 2 days and see what happens

also, did you listen to my Razz suggestion?

[/ QUOTE ]

play two tables and think about decisions? learn to play the game well? pffffftt

FGators 10-10-2007 04:23 PM

I'm really so tired of this crap from all these people, I really am quitting in like 2 weeks after I hit this $7500 bonus.