Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   News, Views, and Gossip (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Dario Minieri...I am actually impressed (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=519657)

Luisgallo 10-10-2007 04:07 AM

Dario Minieri...I am actually impressed

I know a lot of people are not going to like what I am about to write but I feel I have to.

I never liked the guy and I thought, being Italian, he was not representing my country but he was actually making us feel a bit ridicolous with the ROMA AC scarf and the Harry Potter look.

I certainly do not judge people by their physical appearance so my dislike was mostly based on his weird/super aggro poker style and, since he always insisted that he never read a book, I came to a conclusion that this guy was just a huge gambler therefore far away to any respect a good poker student of the game deserves.

Well Yesterday I was listening at EPTLIVE coverage in Italian and Dario was the commentator, I have to say the guy is very funny, very down to earth and above all he knows the game, the latest one impressed me the most.

He came up with some very clever comments, very good analysis and always very well explained, he has a strategy behind, he is a huge superaggro but he is not the gambler he wants others to believe.

Bottom line: I am Italian, I still do not think he is the looks alike typical Italian young macho and the ROMA scarf is ridicolous but wasn't Greg Raymer ridicolous with the funny sunglasses? Or Chris Fergusson with the hat? They were al wearing that before winning...I definitely now respect Dario as a poker player.

Bulletproof Monk 10-10-2007 04:09 AM

Re: Dario Minieri...I am actually impressed

[x] Views

Thanks for sharing.

Alobar 10-10-2007 04:12 AM

I liked him simply because he handled himself very gracefully and was like one of the only few people who got air time at the main event that didnt act like a douche nozzle

imabigdeal 10-10-2007 04:17 AM

yeah, i have hated on him before, i mean i think that if he isn't gay he's very metro but w/e who cares. he's obv very good at poker and he seems like an ok dude so that's what matters

nhWPjstUnLKy 10-10-2007 04:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
looks alike typical Italian young macho and the ROMA scarf is ridicolous

[/ QUOTE ]
WTF.. AS ROMA!!!
Forza Roma

that just cant be ridicolous

gman06 10-10-2007 06:41 AM

I think he sucks at poker and refuses to slow down at the appropriate times, even with his ridiculously aggro image. I took a few buy ins from him in like 10 minutes @ 25/50NL HU last week before he quit me.

CaryDarling 10-10-2007 06:41 AM

Re: Dario Minieri...I am actually impressed *DELETED*

Post deleted by Dids

ajrees 10-10-2007 06:56 AM

Che cazzo?

worpler 10-10-2007 08:04 AM

I lived in Italy for 2 years and to me he is a bit "femminucia". Saw him on some TV tourney a while ago and he came across as a bit of a kn0b. Guess I just don't like the fashion victim metrosexual look.

RoundTower 10-10-2007 11:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I never liked the guy and I thought, being Italian, he was not representing my country but he was actually making us feel a bit ridicolous with the ROMA AC scarf and the Harry Potter look.

[/ QUOTE ]
by Italian, you mean you were born in Philadelphia and have never left the US, but you eat a lot of pizza and two of your grandparents came from Italy? I don't see any actual Italian writing this.

justscott 10-10-2007 12:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
by Italian, you mean you were born in Philadelphia and have never left the US, but you eat a lot of pizza and two of your grandparents came from Italy? I don't see any actual Italian writing this.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL

berya 10-10-2007 12:24 PM

"by Italian, you mean you were born in Philadelphia and have never left the US, but you eat a lot of pizza and two of your grandparents came from Italy? I don't see any actual Italian writing this. "

LOL

Luisgallo 10-10-2007 12:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Can you explain?
I am 100% Italian...

ButSheSaid18 10-10-2007 12:44 PM

http://z.about.com/d/realitytv/1/0/C...gottiboys1.jpg

Goldmund 10-10-2007 12:48 PM

AS Roma

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Can you explain?
I am 100% Italian...

[/ QUOTE ]

faarcyde 10-10-2007 12:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

www.youtube.com/watch?v=4JMOh-cul6M

The B 10-10-2007 01:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
refuses to slow down at the appropriate times

[/ QUOTE ]

huge leak in the young Italian's game

Horacewinsagain 10-10-2007 01:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
AS Roma

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Can you explain?
I am 100% Italian...

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think he made it pretty obvious with the part he bolded. it is AS ROMA.

edit: see picture:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...a5/AS_Roma.png

edit2: wtf is going on in that picture?

sleepi 10-10-2007 02:12 PM

not a super gambler my ass, he never folded a flush draw or OESD no matter what the bet size was, whether he had to call off his chips or shoving with no FE on the flop, he was drawing no matter what.

FoldALot. 10-10-2007 03:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Romulus_and_Remus

Kaka 10-10-2007 03:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Romulus and Remus are eating from the mother wolf before they founded Roma. See: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Romulus

edit: FoldALot is too fast. Sorry for double-up on the wiki-titty explanation...

CmnDwnWrkn 10-10-2007 03:10 PM

The celebrity crush forum is that way ----->

cardsfan04 10-10-2007 05:23 PM

I've always thought he was a pretty good player, but a bit reckless. ME supports that. He didn't play bad I don't tihnk, but the hand he busted on was horrible. over 50BB's on a FD is pretty retarded IMO.

FF_Woodycooks 10-10-2007 05:43 PM

his sharkscope graph is one of the all-time hi-larious ones.

good2cu 10-10-2007 06:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
over 50BB's on a FD is pretty retarded IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]

Its always a laugh reading the poker stratgery in NVG

ifoughtpiranhas 10-10-2007 06:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i laugh at people who cant spell strategy

RoundTower 10-11-2007 10:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
AS Roma

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Can you explain?
I am 100% Italian...

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think he made it pretty obvious with the part he bolded. it is AS ROMA.

[/ QUOTE ]

for my cousins from across the Atlantic, I don't think many of you would talk about the Chicago Yankees or the New York Steelers.

Ansky 10-11-2007 10:34 AM

It is real childish to make fun of ppl's looks on an internet forum, no doubt... but dario is just not a great poker player, there is no question. He is good at hu sit and gos, but when he plays cash games he gets taken to the cleaners, and even in tournaments i have never been impressed. Not to mention he is super prone to tilt.

0524432 10-11-2007 10:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i laugh at people who cant spell strategy

[/ QUOTE ]

it's strategery durrrrrrrr

franzinator 10-11-2007 10:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
refuses to slow down at the appropriate times

[/ QUOTE ]

huge leak in the young Italian's game

[/ QUOTE ]

true . this is his big problem at the moment, but with some more experience i think he' s gonna have some result.
problem for him could be that much people from now knows his style ...

EL Burro Loco 10-11-2007 01:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If they never naturalized by the Italian law of Jure Singuinis one would be a dual American / Italian citizen even if he lives in Philly and never set foot on Italian soil. He could also get an Italian passport which then means he's a citizen of the EU and could live and work legally in any EU nation. [Thread Jack Over ]

chucky 10-11-2007 02:43 PM

[/ QUOTE ]

For those who have no knowledge of roman mythology the picture is a wolf giving its milk to Romulus and Remus the founding children of Rome who were abandoned as babies in the wilderness. Wolves raised the children.

Luisgallo 10-11-2007 03:34 PM

In Italy we jus call each team by their name without the actual corporate acronymous, therefore AC MILAN is MILAN, FC INTER MILAN is INTER or FC JUVENTUS is JUVENTUS.

TO be honest although I a huge football fan I would not know most of AC,FC or whatever for the majority of the teams...this DEFINITELY makes me Italian!

Paul Levy 10-11-2007 03:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
therefore AC MILAN is MILAN, FC INTER MILAN is INTER or FC JUVENTUS is a bunch of crooked cheats.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

demon102 10-11-2007 04:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
In Italy we jus call each team by their name without the actual corporate acronymous, therefore AC MILAN is MILAN, FC INTER MILAN is INTER or FC JUVENTUS is JUVENTUS.

TO be honest although I a huge football fan I would not know most of AC,FC or whatever for the majority of the teams...this DEFINITELY makes me Italian!

[/ QUOTE ]

he called soccer---> football = his mindset is not American

metalfdoom 10-11-2007 04:14 PM

he calls it football because that's what it's called

FiSheYe 10-11-2007 04:45 PM

Hmm honestly when I saw Dario in the WSOP episodes he looked like the 16year old queer Italian version of Harry Potter. Nonetheless I don't know him in person and the people who I met that know him in person all said that he a nice guy, so I won't comment on him based on what I saw on ESPN (I know Rainkhan in person and I like him but if my opinion was only based on the WSOP airtime I would think he is an unfunny douche).
Dunno about Dario's SNG skillz in general but his cashgames and HU SNG abilities seem very low. I cannot understand how he can hold himself in the 5k HU SNGs. When I played with him he was just extremely bad. Maybe he has hidden skillz that I am not aware of

Enervate 10-11-2007 04:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

he called soccer---> football = his mindset is not American

[/ QUOTE ]

Football is called football

American football is called gridiron, NFL "american football" even

Australian football is called "aussie rules"

OK?

Wolverine 10-11-2007 05:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]

American football is called rugby for girls

[/ QUOTE ]

Luisgallo 10-11-2007 05:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
therefore AC MILAN is MILAN, FC INTER MILAN is INTER or FC JUVENTUS is a bunch of crooked cheats.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

[/ QUOTE ]
Levy is actually Italian, good to see an Italian defending his Nation!

Levy don't be ashamed if other countries make fun of our patriotism...