Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Pink Floyd Fans -How much money to never hear them again (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=518727)

WiiiiiiMan 10-09-2007 12:05 AM

Pink Floyd Fans -How much money to never hear them again

My friend and I are huge Floyd fans, really appreciate the music more then any other music, greatest band ever by far, etc, etc.

He asks me, how much to not ever again listen to anything floyd, covers, tributes, etc. Nothing, just the memory of how great it was for the rest of your life.

He threw out a Million, and I said no without questioning it. I might need at least 10 to 20. Point is, I think I would be more happy living a life with floyd music then without and living off interest of millions.

I guess you really have to love their music and be influenced and have a connection with it to mean this much to you.

But for those who "hear" the greatness that is floyd, how much not to listen to them ever again or anything related.

Just Curious..... but for m e, it would need to be alot, a million I wouldnt consider it.

Lets set my price at 20 mil. lol

asofel 10-09-2007 12:13 AM

Re: Pink Floyd Fans -How much money to never hear them again

I'll pay $20 to never hear you again.

<font color=" white">sorry i'm just in that mood</font>

Jack of Arcades 10-09-2007 12:18 AM

A better question: how much money would you pay to never listen to the Eagles again?

The Don 10-09-2007 12:20 AM

Uhh 10 gs maybe. A lot less if weed didn't exist.

Duke 10-09-2007 12:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I guess you really have to love their music and be influenced and have a connection with it to mean this much to you.

[/ QUOTE ]

If someone can honestly say this about anything they're a retard.

Claunchy 10-09-2007 12:51 AM

I predict OP smokes a lot of pot.

Anyway, PF is relatively cool, but I've heard The Wall and Dark Side ad nauseum, so I'll say like $1k.

To never have to hear the Eagles again I might give an appendage.

RikkiDee 10-09-2007 12:54 AM

lol @ 1M

nath 10-09-2007 12:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I predict OP is a college freshman who just started getting high, or is an older burnout stoner who still hangs around campus and tries to pick up chicks with weed.

[/ QUOTE ]

kyleb 10-09-2007 12:56 AM

I'll take a few hundred, [censored].

RedRover 10-09-2007 12:58 AM

Subway sandwich card with 4 of the 5 already punched

zyrrth 10-09-2007 12:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
A better question: how much money would you pay to never listen to the Eagles again?

[/ QUOTE ]

i hate the [censored]' Eagles, man!

MicroBob 10-09-2007 01:00 AM

Floyd was good back in the day...then they did Learning to Fly and some of that other crap and I lost respect.

CallMeIshmael 10-09-2007 01:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

HAHAHAHAHAHAH

brinks 10-09-2007 01:07 AM

six figures at least

NT! 10-09-2007 01:10 AM

hooo boy, too bad OP, i had this check for a million bucks all made out, i just needed to find some guy who loves pink floyd and was willing to never hear their music again. oh well, guess i'll just ask bono what to do with it, he probably knows some do-gooders out there somewhere.

KotOD 10-09-2007 01:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd pay about $1k to never hear the eagles ever again in my life. That includes movie soundtracks, television soundtracks, commercials, waiting room music, stadium music, radio, karaoke, people singing to themselves and any other sound source I've not mentioned.

I'd pay you about $250 to never hear Floyd again.

Iplayragstoo 10-09-2007 01:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Winnnar!

fullhousedraw 10-09-2007 01:32 AM

Name of the thread should be how much to never hear your favorite band again. For mine (Umphrey's McGee, I'm sure most haven't heard of them) it would easily be over a million, probably over 10 million, but I'm only 18. Not listening to the music would be hard but not being able to see them in concert would be the hardest part, especially since they play within a couple hours of where I live about 10 times a year.

Wizzy33 10-09-2007 01:48 AM

jr bacon cheeseburger for me

KotOD 10-09-2007 01:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Name of the thread should be how much to never hear your favorite band again. For mine (Umphrey's McGee, I'm sure most haven't heard of them) it would easily be over a million, probably over 10 million, but I'm only 18. Not listening to the music would be hard but not being able to see them in concert would be the hardest part, especially since they play within a couple hours of where I live about 10 times a year.

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

Being older, I've just now been clued into the "emo" thing. Is this also "emo" behavior?

dibbs 10-09-2007 02:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I predict OP is a college freshman who just started getting high, or is an older burnout stoner who still hangs around campus and tries to pick up chicks with weed.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds about right.

Hollywade 10-09-2007 02:17 AM

I love Pink Floyd. Then again, it's music. Who gives a [censored]? There's a lot of other stuff I can listen to. I think I could go as low as $5,000. Could really use 5 grand right now.

john voight 10-09-2007 02:46 AM

prolly 15k and I am a great fan.
Have all their albums, plus tens of hours of bootleg concerts.

reason 15k? Well if i could get an X amount return post taxes equaling to $1,000 each year (about 6.8%), compounded yearly, by the time im 50 that would be $107,000, and by the time im 60, it would be $208,000 thus being a good chunk of change.

Plenty of other music to compensate for it. Sorry, but thats the truth.

Peter Harris 10-09-2007 05:10 AM

some good cover bands out there.

Hollywade 10-09-2007 11:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
then they did Learning to Fly and some of that other crap

[/ QUOTE ]

Boo. That's one of my favorites.

Karenin 10-09-2007 11:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, your favorite band is really some mediocre jam-band?

z28dreams 10-09-2007 11:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh please. If someone came up to you right now with a check made out for $50,000, and said all you had to do was stop listening to that band, you wouldn't take it?

I think I'd be willing to stop listening to any one band for &lt; $5000.

PayTheSnucka 10-09-2007 12:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

UM is far from mediocre. Ban!

adsman 10-09-2007 01:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
He threw out a Million, and I said no without questioning it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh, to be young and stupid. Actually, maybe that's not such a good thing.

The Don 10-09-2007 03:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

UM is far from mediocre. Ban!

[/ QUOTE ]

If you think that random noises over the same 4 chords for 25 straight minutes is extraordinary then yeah, they're far from mediocre.

My hippie friend is a gigantic fan, he's always like "dude you have to hear this song, it's a 25 minute jam... so sick!"

I'm all like, "bro, how the hell is that a good thing?"

I've had some fun at a couple of their shows but I thank E and shrooms for that.

Jam on man!

The Don 10-09-2007 03:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
then they did Learning to Fly and some of that other crap

[/ QUOTE ]

Boo. That's one of my favorites.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed, as far as 80s cheese from great 70s psychedelic bands goes Learn to Fly by Floyd and Shooting Shark by Blue Oyster Cult are the cream of the crop.

GBP04 10-09-2007 03:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Umphrey's is awesome.

DBSpecial 10-09-2007 04:12 PM

Question: WTF is the difference between 1 and 10 million? Assuming you're willing to do it for 10, why not 1? What opportunity arises between 1 and 10 that changes you answer from from no to yes.

FWIW I'd take a few thousand for any of the bands I like. The Beatles would be the toughest, but there's so much music out there I wouldn't miss any one artist much.

SpaceAce 10-09-2007 04:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I might need at least 10 to 20.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL, right. You need $20,000,000 to stop listening to Pink Floyd. I bet if someone opened up a suitcase in front of you with $500,000 in cash for this purpose, you'd break both your legs scrambling to take the dough*.

Man, look what televised poker has done to peoples' perception of money.

SpaceAce

* Of course, this doesn't apply if you're heir to a $500,000,000 fortune or something.

Slow Play Ray 10-09-2007 04:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
(Umphrey's McGee, I'm sure most haven't heard of them)

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

AceLuby 10-09-2007 04:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
(Umphrey's McGee, I'm sure most haven't heard of them)

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT, UM is groundbreaking on so many levels. They play everything from metal to bluegrass to funk to techno. Jake is IMO one of the best guitarists ever to see live.

React1oN 10-09-2007 05:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If someone can honestly say this about Cartel they're a retard.

[/ QUOTE ]Pink Floyd pwns. Idk what the price would be...

Slow Play Ray 10-09-2007 05:11 PM

i love pink floyd, but could certainly live without them for any reasonable sum...i'd say $10k would do the trick.

*edit* hell maybe even $5k...as it is i only hear them on the radio nowadays anyway.

GBP04 10-09-2007 06:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i love pink floyd, but could certainly live without them for any reasonable sum...i'd say $10k would do the trick.

*edit* hell maybe even $5k...as it is i only hear them on the radio nowadays anyway.

[/ QUOTE ]

well, the question for you would be the Dead.

React1oN 10-09-2007 06:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

well, the question for you would be the Dead.

[/ QUOTE ]