Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   *** Official Fantasy Football Adds-Drops/Trades/Misc Thread : Oct *** (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=518617)

rafiki 10-08-2007 09:37 PM

*** Official Fantasy Football Adds-Drops/Trades/Misc Thread : Oct ***

Figure we can probably put the big September thread to rest, so I'll open with a question that all Steve Smith owners are asking:

With Delhomme now officially done for the year, does Smith have any value as a #1 receiver ? Put him on the trading block for whatever you can get ?

Horacewinsagain 10-09-2007 01:32 AM

Re: *** Official Fantasy Football Adds-Drops/Trades/Misc Thread : Oct

What are we doing with Larry Johnson at this point?

My current roster is:
Philip Rivers
Derrick Anderson

Randy Moss
Derrick Mason
Santana Moss
Lee Evans
Donte Stallworth

Willis McGahee
Larry Johnson
Cedric Benson
Julius Jones

Randy McMichael

Someone in the league offered me Marvin Harrison, Thomas Jones and Leon Washington for Larry Johnson, should I be considering this?

capone0 10-09-2007 01:35 AM

yes.

Horacewinsagain 10-09-2007 02:09 AM

to be more precise. should i take it?

lastchance 10-09-2007 02:11 AM

Yes. I don't believe in the Chiefs O-Line, and having lots of carries is bad.

vixticator 10-09-2007 02:21 AM

Re: *** Official Fantasy Football Adds-Drops/Trades/Misc Thread : Oct ***

In the last 24 hours I dropped Vikings defense for Kurt Warner and dropped Kurt Warner for Jason Wright. I can't help myself. Any news on Jamal Lewis? I think Wright (Mia) > Julius Jones (NE) next week.

Also, I need a wide reciever due to bye weeks. Added James Jones a couple days ago but I am a little bit concerned about him losing a few snaps a game for those fumbles next week. I'm not sure though. He's been good other than those fumbles. Should I grab Joe Jurevicius instead? I'm not sure who else is available, no one really good obv. Got any sleepers for next week that may be available at WR?

kyro 10-09-2007 12:11 PM

Offered Jay Cutler and Marvin Harrison for Laurence Maroney and Ben Roethlisberger.

PPR League. Start 2 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR. My RBs are Addai, Jacobs, Selvin Young, Maroney and Thomas Jones. My WRs are Torry Holt, Lee Evans and Andre Davis.

With my depth at RB, I should make this trade, correct?

rafiki 10-09-2007 12:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yes yes

rafiki 10-09-2007 12:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Offered Jay Cutler and Marvin Harrison for Laurence Maroney and Ben Roethlisberger.

PPR League. Start 2 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR. My RBs are Addai, Jacobs, Selvin Young, Maroney and Thomas Jones. My WRs are Torry Holt, Lee Evans and Andre Davis.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup I wouldn't hesitate. Even when Maroney is healthy he's getting exactly zero goaline looks. I own both him and Sammy, and all I do is pray for maroney to be done for the year so Sammy can get it all...

rafiki 10-09-2007 12:40 PM

So no opinions on Steve Smith ? Didn't Andre Johnson do ok with Carr throwing to him ? Man this situation frustrates me.

kyro 10-09-2007 12:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup I wouldn't hesitate. Even when Maroney is healthy he's getting exactly zero goaline looks. I own both him and Sammy, and all I do is pray for maroney to be done for the year so Sammy can get it all...

[/ QUOTE ]

I was mostly concerned with the gap between Cutler and Roethlisberger, but I just checked and it's not that large. I wouldn't be starting Maroney most weeks anyways. In fact, I would probably start him this week only, and that's IF he ends up playing.

DonkeyKongSr 10-09-2007 12:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yes yes

[/ QUOTE ]

Hell yes. That's about as good a deal as you can get for LJ at this point. He may break through for a few good games throughout the season, but it's pretty apparant that he's not going to get any consistent output considering the state of that OL.

kyro 10-09-2007 12:59 PM

I just checked. I have 3 QBs and 5 RBs on my roster right now. All but one, Thomas Jones, is either on bye, or is/was injured and has missed playing time.

DonkeyKongSr 10-09-2007 02:29 PM

For my last 2 RB spots, which are the best options for the rest of the season (have Graham & Williams, others are FA):

A S U 10-09-2007 04:23 PM

What is Frank Gore's value?? Gore owner in my league has a horrible team and is looking to move him for a WR.

Relevant players

my RB/WR: R. Williams, Fitz, Braylon, McGahee, Henry, T. Jones, Lendale, C. Brown, Stecker, S. Young.

his RB/WR: Gore, Deshaun, Fargas, Jacobs, Ward, Jlew, T.O., Chambers, Burleson, McDonald.

He wants Braylon and is willing to move Gore. Probably throw in Chambers for one of my RB's. Basically asking is SF so bad that Gore is pretty much going to continue his crappy season. Wondering what everyone's opinion on this is. Jones is looking like a bust and Henry may be outta here soon. Not sure how I feel about starting Selvin/Lendale as my RB2.

kyro 10-09-2007 05:09 PM

I think Young will perform very similar to Henry.

How many of each do you start?

A S U 10-09-2007 05:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think Young will perform very similar to Henry.

How many of each do you start?

[/ QUOTE ]

2RB/2WR.

kyro 10-09-2007 05:18 PM

I might try Gore/Chambers for Edwards/Jones

And would probably accept a counter for Edwards/Young.

Berns31 10-09-2007 05:34 PM

What's the outlook for Bulger the rest of the year? Anyone know when he is expected to play again? Should I drop him for Kurt Warner?

kyro 10-09-2007 05:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What's the outlook for Bulger the rest of the year? Anyone know when he is expected to play again? Should I drop him for Kurt Warner?

[/ QUOTE ]

Depends on who your backup is. If you don't have a backup, I'd drop SOMEBODY for Warner, but I'd hold onto Bulger. I'm pretty sure (though not certain, don't have him in any of my important leagues), that he's expected to be back in the next week or two.

sixfour 10-09-2007 05:46 PM

So with Leinart seemingly out for a few weeks I dropped him, Cutler's on a bye so I need a QB for this week. Options are:

Culpepper @ SD
Pennington vs Phi
Harrington vs NYG
Griese vs Min

Also have a couple of my WR's on bye weeks so I'm forced to go Coles/Curry/Crayton this week, anyone see any value in taking Jurevicius from free agency, likely for Furrey?

kyro 10-09-2007 05:48 PM

I don't think Jurevicius is an upgrade over any of your starters this week.

As for QB, those are highly unattractive options. I'd probably go Harrington.

sixfour 10-09-2007 06:05 PM

I may try to trade out of this spot and get McNabb (tried to own the guy with Favre and failed), the guy with him has Jackson so his RB situation is compromised.

My team:

Cutler/Someone
Westbrook/Bush/Barber/Young/White/Betts
Coles/Crayton/Curry/Evans/Furrey
Gates
Bironas
Green Bay

His team:

McNabb/Schaub
McGahee/T Bell/Dayne/Jackson
Holt/Burress/Branch/Holmes
Crumpler/Miller
Hanson/Kaeding
Dallas/Cincinnati

Ideas? I'd probably send Cutler, would like to offload Evans plus a running back, how much do you think I could get from him along with McNabb? Does Jackson have any value at this point?

TomHimself 10-09-2007 07:33 PM

Ok 8 team league. head 2 head std scoring. start 2 rbs and 3 wr's

QB
Philip Rivers
JOn Ktna

WR
Joey Galloway
Deion Branch
Marques Colston
Shaun McDonald

RB
Reggie Bush
Brandon Jacobs
Laurence Maroney
LaMont Jordan
Derrick Ward
Selvin Young

TE
Kellen Winslow

K
Matt Stover

Def
Minnesota

I was offered Alge crumpler and bobby engram for winslow. this is a reject right, or no because engram will get more looks now that deion is hurt?

4 High 10-09-2007 09:22 PM

Getting...

Steve Smith (CAR)
Jamal Lewis
Keith Brooking

For

Randy Moss
Ahman Green
Karlos Dansby

Is a must accept in a keeper league right?

Spellmen 10-09-2007 11:01 PM

Someone please tell me I can reject this. I fear the time has come to part with my mancrush Brandon Jacobs. This is a ridiculously good deal for me

Offer: Boldin+LJ for Jacobs + Coles

My team
QB: Kitna
RB: Addai, Jacobs, Jordan, Benson, Jones
WR: Housh, Holt, Driver, Coles
TE: Crumpler

Just to make sure before I accept, Boldin should be back sometime in the near future right? Because I hate trading Coles+Jacobs for LJ if Boldin is a long way to coming back

Victor 10-09-2007 11:10 PM

i get willie parker and thomas jones.

i give larry johnson and steve smith.

2 wr, 2 rb and flex my team is

romo
culpepper

lj
julius jones
lamont jordan
selvin young

steve smith
roy williams
brandon marshall
berrian

Victor 10-09-2007 11:16 PM

sixfour, id go pennington. id stay away from jurevious.

tom himself, id try to move a rb for a wr. i dont like that trade. winslow is way too valuable.

4high, hell no. moss is way too valuable.

spellman, thats a great trade for you.

kyro 10-10-2007 12:12 AM

Victor,

Only if you can wait a week.

4 High 10-10-2007 12:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
sixfour, id go pennington. id stay away from jurevious.

tom himself, id try to move a rb for a wr. i dont like that trade. winslow is way too valuable.

4high, hell no. moss is way too valuable.

spellman, thats a great trade for you.

[/ QUOTE ]

In our league his value is pretty low. The only other offer i got was McGahee. I figure this way i can keep Smith and use Lewis with others as trade fodder. I am 0-5 and far out of the playoffs with one of the worst teams, so really i have to start focusing on keepers. You would rather keep Moss then Smith?

Victor 10-10-2007 01:03 AM

i think moss will do better than smith this year and the next 2 years. compare minn moss with smith. smith had one very good year but hasnt come close to reaching that output since. mosses average year is easily better than smithes. and mosses peak years are far better.

this year is no brainer that moss will do better with delhomme out. question is, will he stay healthy and how long will his athleticism last. 2 yrs seems reasonable.

also, im assuming you got moss later in the draft so hes def more value in that regard.

toybux 10-10-2007 02:07 AM

My team in a 14 team 1QB/2RB/2WR/1WR-TE (plus IDPs):

QBs:
Manning, Cutler, Warner

WRs:
Moss, Welker, Stallworth, Hillard, McDonald (Det)

RBs:
Peterson (Min), Portis, Wynn, B. Jackson (GB)

Is trading McDonald, B.Jackson, and 3 bench IDPs a good trade for Witten? I am giving up a lot, but I don't play most of them and Witten would help me a lot in the coming week. I'm not sure if this is a good trade for me or not.

I am going to be short 1 WR when the Pats are on bye, but I can trade one of my backup QBs or pick someone up from waivers before then I'm sure without too much trouble.

correia 10-10-2007 09:26 AM

Kitna has a bye this week and I have no backup QB so I have to drop one of my extra recievers.

Wes Welker (NE WR) or Patrick Crayton (Dallas WR)?

kyro 10-10-2007 09:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Kitna has a bye this week and I have no backup QB so I have to drop one of my extra recievers.

Wes Welker (NE WR) or Patrick Crayton (Dallas WR)?

[/ QUOTE ]

In a PPR league, I'd be more apt to drop Crayton. Welker in a pure yardage league.

On second thought, if they're backups, Crayton has a higher ceiling I think, so maybe drop Welker either way.

rafiki 10-10-2007 10:50 AM

DO NOT drop Crayton. The more Owens and Witten shine, the more this guy is going to keep catching easy TD's every week. Not to mention the punt returns.

also the nice thing about Crayton is that when the game is done and they are up 21, he stays in when Ownens and Witten are on the sideline.

rafiki 10-10-2007 10:57 AM

I have #1 waiver priority. VY was dropped in my pool. I already have Kitna and Hasselback, who are really starting to sputter. I don't expect to drop either of them, but should I drop one of my bench players to pick up VY for trade bait later ?

current rbs: Ronnie Brown, Portis, Sammy Morris and the guys list bellow
current wrs: Steve Smith, Crayton, Curtis, Lee Evans

Thinky 10-10-2007 11:16 AM

Holt/Rudi/H.Miller for LJ/T.Jones/Greg Olsen/Roddy White

Is this a good trade for me? Will the Holt owner be willing to consider this.

I have LJ and looking to trade him. I was offerred Holt/Miller for LJ/Greg Olsen. I am looking to upgrade my WR and TE.

duracell 10-10-2007 11:27 AM

Two teams in my league have really bad quarterback situations. I have Cutler as my backup quarterback and I'm looking to trade him to one of those teams. The guys I could possibly get in return are Lee Evans, Julius Jones, Ahman Green, and Jamal Lewis.

I'd really like to buy low for Evans, but I'm not convinced he will turn it around. I could also use depth at running back. Which of these guys should I target?

rafiki 10-10-2007 11:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Two teams in my league have really bad quarterback situations. I have Cutler as my backup quarterback and I'm looking to trade him to one of those teams. The guys I could possibly get in return are Lee Evans, Julius Jones, Ahman Green, and Jamal Lewis.

I'd really like to buy low for Evans, but I'm not convinced he will turn it around. I could also use depth at running back. Which of these guys should I target?

[/ QUOTE ]

I just can't find a reason for Evans to do well. Edwards is a good kid, but he seems to have zero down field skills, everything is 5-20 yards. D's crowd the box because of Lynch anyways, so I just don't know how wideouts are supposed to do anything if it's going to be short passes. I fear Evans is totally worthless in this offense.

kylephilly 10-10-2007 01:49 PM

Anybody know anything about Jamal Lewis's condition (foot)?

Cleveland plays a bad MIA run defense this week.

The backup Jason Wright could become valuable. Hoping Lewis gets marked questionable/doubtful.