Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   super awkward situation - what would you do, OOT? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=518488)

DING-DONG YO 10-08-2007 06:24 PM

super awkward situation - what would you do, OOT?

I was at a wedding this weekend and my friend walks out of the bathroom. He said that while waiting to piss (1 stall), the little boy who was in the wedding was in front of him having trouble taking his pants down to pee. Finally the little boy asked my friend to help. My friend said he stepped back and looked around for the kid's Dad or something but no one was to be found.

He said he quickly undid the kid's belt so he could pee.

So, what would you have done? Let some poor kid piss himself or just lend a hand and risk getting caught in an awkward situation?

I'll lend my thoughts later.

b_jerkins 10-08-2007 06:25 PM

Re: super awkward situation - what would you do, OOT?

not helping here ever, if the kid pisses himself he'll understand when he's older

bravos1 10-08-2007 06:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
not helping here ever, if the kid pisses himself he'll understand when he's older

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL grow up...

Help the kid.. /end of thread

Yeti 10-08-2007 06:28 PM

help the kid.

Los Feliz Slim 10-08-2007 06:29 PM

Absolutely no way do I help the kid with his pants. I exit the bathroom and ask adults whose kid he is until I find someone to help.

Victor 10-08-2007 06:32 PM

hold on, ill find your dad.

Yeti 10-08-2007 06:34 PM

if the dad is right outside the door or whatever then i guess maybe fetch him. personally i would help him and think nothing of it.

i don't understand this incredible seemingly irrational fear that people seem to have of being labelled a paedophile. like that guy who posted a thread recently where he was scared to walk past kids on the street...wtf?

NT! 10-08-2007 06:35 PM

one of those rare situations where the victim was actually asking for it.

i'd help the kid if i knew his parents. if i didn't, i might or might not.

offTopic 10-08-2007 06:35 PM

Stupid internal censor. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

J.Brown 10-08-2007 06:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
hold on, ill find your dad.

[/ QUOTE ]

qfmft

obv. don't know the EXACT situation, but this can never ever ever be a bad answer.

some of the others def. can end in a world of trouble.
if some random dude was undoing my son's pants (bathroom or not) it would be a huge cause of concern + the kid should have been taught not to ever let a stranger near him under these circumstances.

i know the easy answer is help him, but i can get to be the complicated answer much more quickly than just using common sense and following the message above. J.

b_jerkins 10-08-2007 06:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL grow up...

Help the kid.. /end of thread

[/ QUOTE ]

sorry, but the possibility of someone completely misinterpreting whats going on if they walk in is too high IMO to justify helping this kid

call me selfish, but dont tell me to grow up

DING-DONG YO 10-08-2007 06:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
if the dad is right outside the door or whatever then i guess maybe fetch him. personally i would help him and think nothing of it.

i don't understand this incredible seemingly irrational fear that people seem to have of being labelled a paedophile. like that guy who posted a thread recently where he was scared to walk past kids on the street...wtf?

[/ QUOTE ]

Spend a month in the US and you would understand Yeti. There is a story LITERALLY every night on the local and national news about "pedophile who works at Disneyland caught in sting trying to solicit sex from fetus" or some [censored]. It is the phobia du jour in the US.

Peter Harris 10-08-2007 06:45 PM

know the kids folks = help

not know them = go find someone who is/does.

Really, if a kid is too young to pee on their own, then it's bad parenting to let him go in and ask someone for help.

Slow Play Ray 10-08-2007 06:47 PM

not a chance "sorry little man, you're gonna have to find your dad or guardian to help you out with that one"

then if i saw dad "hey you might want to have a talk with junior here"

daryn 10-08-2007 06:48 PM

i hear both sides really.. i mean i hear the "don't want to get in trouble" angle. but also, come on. this isn't an episode of curb your enthusiasm.

i mean, say the dad walks in as the guy is undoing his son's pants. dad says "what the hell is going on here?", guy says.. oh your son asked me for help. son backs up story. i mean it's totally believable. does it really make sense that a pedophile is gonna be undoing a kid's pants for sexual purposes in the bathroom of a wedding? i mean he knows people are going to be coming in and out. not like they were together in a stall.

Slow Play Ray 10-08-2007 06:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i hear both sides really.. i mean i hear the "don't want to get in trouble" angle. but also, come on. this isn't an episode of curb your enthusiasm.

[/ QUOTE ]

hahaha "the doll" that's my favorite episode - "mommy, mommy, there's a man in here and he's got something hard in his pants!"

[ QUOTE ]
son backs up story.

[/ QUOTE ]

you hope.

kipin 10-08-2007 06:55 PM

I think if I know the kid's parents I help him out, then let them know what happened.

If I don't know the kid's parents I tell the kid I will go look for his parents and will be right back. No way am I putting myself in that situation with a stranger's kid.

suzzer99 10-08-2007 07:06 PM

Open door, look for parents. If you can't find them, grab the nearest woman and bring her in to help the kid. We live in a paranoid time when it comes to that stuff. I get spooked when I'm pissing in a urinal next to a kid and there's no parents around.

4_2_it 10-08-2007 07:16 PM

Being a father, I'd help the kid. All you are doing is unfastening a belt, not pulling down his pants or exposing him. Not a big deal at all.

By-Tor 10-08-2007 07:16 PM

piss yourself so the kid wont feel embarrassed when he pisses himself.

LazyBob 10-08-2007 07:26 PM

help the kid

mak15 10-08-2007 07:29 PM

i wouldn't aim for him, but i see no problem in undoing his belt.

Steven_Q_Erkel 10-08-2007 07:29 PM

1st I would have a scrubs moment where I play out the 2 options in my head. Help or not help. After that I would reassess my plan of action based on the comedic value of my imagination weighed against the chances of getting caught in a tight spot, probably leaning towards help. Here's the kicker though...I would just be standing there looking at the ceiling thinking for so long that by the time I was finished and had come to a decision the kid would have already figured it out or pissed himself and I can leave without having to be an [censored], just ignorant.

guids 10-08-2007 07:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
not a chance "sorry little man, you're gonna have to find your dad or guardian to help you out with that one"

then if i saw dad "hey you might want to have a talk with junior here"

[/ QUOTE ]

this ws going to be my answer, the kid shouldnt be asking strangers to do stuff like that

nazahl 10-08-2007 07:30 PM

how is this a super awkward situation?

super awkward would be if the kid already pissed his pants and THEN asked you for help.

SNOWBALL 10-08-2007 07:34 PM

The kid is asking for help. Nothing bad will come of this. What's gonna happen? Is the kid gonna change his mind about what happened afterwards and decide you molested him? It's not like you are touching his weiner. There is a miniscule chance that someone will catch you, but that person probably won't do anything about it.
Even if the dad walks in and catches me, it's not a big deal. If he wants to talk about it, I'll oblige. If he wants to call the cops, that's fine too. If he wants to fight, then I guess I can do that too.
The bottom line is that the vast majority of the time I help the kid, he gets to avoid the humiliation of pissing himself, and that's a good thing. A very small % if the time, something semi-innocuous to moderately bad will happen. I think the answer if obvious that helping the kid is the right thing to do. An exception would be if:

1. Your personal appearance is very creepy and you have a criminal record
2. It's obvious the kid isn't actually about to piss himself, and there is another solution
3. You simply don't care if the kid pisses himself so helping him is a negative freeroll (nothing to gain, but something to lose)

Wow, I just overanalyzed the hell out of this.

SNOWBALL 10-08-2007 07:38 PM

any chance this kid is actually an adult posing as a kid in a sting operation, sorta like the young looking rookie cops who try to buy alcohol/cigs?

DukeSucks 10-08-2007 07:38 PM

Reminds me of time my daughter was really young and I'd take her in the mens room if she had to use the bathroom since she wasn't old enough to go in the ladies alone. She had some kind of infection where it burned when she went to the bathroom. So we were in the same stall so I could help her up on the toilet and as soon as she started going, she cried out "Daddy, it hurts!". I was glad there wasn't anyone else in there.

Los Feliz Slim 10-08-2007 07:39 PM

Everybody assumes that the immediate consequence of not helping the kid is that he pisses himself. OP does not say that.

The kid is wrong to ask, and you'd be wrong to help. As a parent, you hope that when your kid does idiotic things adults won't just go along with his idiocy. Everybody here was outraged when a stranger offered my daughter a little Jesus cross as a present, but unbuckling a kid's belt alone in a bathroom sounds reasonable?

If you know the kid and his family well, sure. Otherwise, no way. Less because of the possibility of being busted for molestation, more because you just shouldn't have that kind of contact with other people's kids.

Yeti 10-08-2007 07:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The kid is wrong to ask

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah. But he's a little kid and he's dying to take a leak. Help him out and afterwards go have a word with his father.

[ QUOTE ]
Everybody here was outraged when a stranger offered my daughter a little Jesus cross as a present

[/ QUOTE ]

They were?

skunkworks 10-08-2007 07:48 PM

Dude I would totally help that kid undo his belt. After that I would give him a little crucifix charm.

Aloysius 10-08-2007 07:49 PM

No pics of pedo bear? Is 2p2 broken or something?

-Al

SNOWBALL 10-08-2007 07:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Everybody assumes that the immediate consequence of not helping the kid is that he pisses himself. OP does not say that.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah that's why I wrote that up as an exception. The first part of my post was written under the assumption that the kid is about to ruin his pants and have a nasty cry about it, which is a terrible result for him, and for his dad/mom/babysitter/uncle, etc.

[ QUOTE ]

The kid is wrong to ask, and you'd be wrong to help. As a parent, you hope that when your kid does idiotic things adults won't just go along with his idiocy. Everybody here was outraged when a stranger offered my daughter a little Jesus cross as a present, but unbuckling a kid's belt alone in a bathroom sounds reasonable?

If you know the kid and his family well, sure. Otherwise, no way. Less because of the possibility of being busted for molestation, more because you just shouldn't have that kind of contact with other people's kids.

[/ QUOTE ]

there are a few important differences between this situation and your situation. I'll name three, but I think there are others.

1. The question is "what would you do"?
Therefore my answer includes the self-knowledge that I am not a pervert. We don't know if the guy with the cross was a pervert or not, so we can't say for sure whether his behavior was okay.

2. There is an objective benefit to helping this kid. He won't piss himself. There was no objective benefit to the crazy looking dude giving your daughter a cross

3. The kid is ASKING for help. Your daughter never asked for the cross.

edit: Please just accept that I am right. If I put any more thought into this situation I am gonna die of being pathetic.

RedRover 10-08-2007 07:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]

-Al

[/ QUOTE ]

http://img444.imageshack.us/img444/5...adimagehf5.gif

SNOWBALL 10-08-2007 07:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]

-Al

[/ QUOTE ]

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e2...boxtrap5yu.jpg

Quicksilvre 10-08-2007 08:04 PM

1. Help the kid, no need to leave him with an embarrassing moment like pissing his pants for the rest of his life (certainly it's worse than the alternative)

2. HAPPY BIRFDAY

Karenin 10-08-2007 08:23 PM

How retarded is this kid to not be able to take his own pants off?

suzzer99 10-08-2007 08:38 PM

He's probably in a tux or dress pants or something will a million buttons and little extra flaps and stuff.

roy_miami 10-08-2007 08:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i mean, say the dad walks in as the guy is undoing his son's pants. dad says "what the hell is going on here?", guy says.. oh your son asked me for help. son backs up story. i mean it's totally believable. does it really make sense that a pedophile is gonna be undoing a kid's pants for sexual purposes in the bathroom of a wedding? i mean he knows people are going to be coming in and out. not like they were together in a stall.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats the best case scenario.

The worst case scenario is as follows:

Drunken dad walks in the bathroom, he immediately flips out and starts beating on you.

"Get off my son you [censored]!!"

Him and his buddies beat you senseless until the police arrive.

He tells the judge he saw you performing oral sex on his son. The kid is too frightened to tell the truth. The DA and dad coach/trick the kid to corroborate with the dads story.

Your friends and family all think you are a monster.

You're sentenced to 15 years in prison. The inmates all know what you did.

"You like little boys do you? I have a couple of boys at home you sick [censored]! Let me show you what it feels like!!"

You get savagely beaten and or raped at least once a week for the next ten years. Nobody cares.

When you get out you have to register as a sex offender. You can't find work. You can barely sustain yourself. The cheapest apartment for rent is next door to a school. You move in and make the 6 O'clock news the next night. You're constantly pestered by the neighbors.

You're out at a local bar one night drinking away your troubles. The kid is there and recognizes you. He doesn't remember anymore what happened in the bathroom that fateful night. He now believes you actually molested him.

He follows you out of the bar that night and when you get close to the trees he hits you over the head with a club, drags you into the woods and castrates you with a dull butter knife.

Unfortunately you survive the ordeal and live out the rest of your life with no money, no friends and no balls.

Anybody still help the kid? [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

suzzer99 10-08-2007 08:52 PM

Kinda makes you want to never leave the house.