Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Heroes Bitching Thread, 10/8/2007 (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=518369)

MrWookie 10-08-2007 03:29 PM

Heroes Bitching Thread, 10/8/2007

As much as people love to hate this show, we still seem to be watching it, and we certainly love to complain about it. Last week, there were complaints that we didn't have a weekly complaint thread, so I'll kick this one off early.

Anyway, time to get to the actual bitching, at least what I can based on the previews that have aired for this episode. I think bringing Sylar back looks retarded. As bad as bringing Peter and Nathan back was, this is even worse. We even saw Sylar die! Oh, he has amnesia, too? Gee, what a surprise. Haven't seen that one before.

OTOH, it looks like there may at least be some Peter Petrelli ass kicking that will keep this show worth watching. Barely.

El Diablo 10-08-2007 03:37 PM

Re: Heroes Bitching Thread, 10/8/2007

Wookie,

Didn't we see Sylar turn into a cockroach and slither away? Or something like that?

stabn 10-08-2007 03:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
OTOH, it looks like there may at least be some Peter Petrelli ass kicking that will keep this show worth watching.

[/ QUOTE ]

Please to be happening. Also maybe the cheerleader can find a reason to get naked.

FireStorm 10-08-2007 03:38 PM

One wonders what there could be to bitch about regarding this show other then occurences where 90% of it doesn't feature Hayden Paniattierre?

mrkilla 10-08-2007 03:55 PM

I still really dig the show Wook and will watch it until it turns teh super ghey which is hasn't yet it's sorta exploring its sexuality now.

That being said funny enough that I agree Nath should be back , like I said in the last thread. He'd be D-U-M if when he got into space he didn't just launch Peter into a the deep unknown.

It makes sense if Peter did Die in a Nuke fire that Sylar wouldn't be dead either. I guess you don't see him explode so I just he just goes Nuclear and burns up ? IDK that part is sorta lame. But if blowing the [censored] up ddin't kill him then surely a knife wound from Sulu's son wouldn't kill Sylar.

I really wished they would have gone into the Sylar back story more.That was cool.

By-Tor 10-08-2007 04:00 PM

if i have to drink a liter of vodka to force myself to watch heroes tonight, how much alcohol would be in...

wait, nevermind

Nonfiction 10-08-2007 04:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I still really dig the show Wook and will watch it until it turns teh super ghey which is hasn't yet it's sorta exploring its sexuality now.

That being said funny enough that I agree Nath should be back , like I said in the last thread. He'd be D-U-M if when he got into space he didn't just launch Peter into a the deep unknown.

It makes sense if Peter did Die in a Nuke fire that Sylar wouldn't be dead either. I guess you don't see him explode so I just he just goes Nuclear and burns up ? IDK that part is sorta lame. But if blowing the [censored] up ddin't kill him then surely a knife wound from Sulu's son wouldn't kill Sylar.

I really wished they would have gone into the Sylar back story more.That was cool.

[/ QUOTE ]
Peter can heal himself though. Syler can't.

durron597 10-08-2007 04:18 PM

i think my biggest problem w/season 2 so far is too much totally out of character / alive nathan and not enough niki (and dl and micah)

wtf bringing back sylar and not those three

edit: also yawn @ claire teenage angst. she better run away soon.

durron597 10-08-2007 04:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

my groundless theory on this is that since sylar's power is "see how things work", once he met peter he "saw how he worked" and didn't need to kill to gain powers anymore.

mrkilla 10-08-2007 04:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

my groundless theory on this is that since sylar's power is "see how things work", once he met peter he "saw how he worked" and didn't need to kill to gain powers anymore.

[/ QUOTE ]

Its what I was going to post, Being in contact with Peter gave him the heal me me ability. I would also now suspect they can time travel and fly

AlexM 10-08-2007 04:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

1. There's nothing to suggest that Peter's explosion was anything other than exterior.

2. Peter has Claire's healing power, which we've now estbalished can regenerate lost limbs... I dunno how far they're going to go with this, but I know in Marvel Comics, Wolverine is capable of regenerating from a single cell.

Bulldog 10-08-2007 04:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Its what I was going to post, Being in contact with Peter gave him the heal me me ability. I would also now suspect they can time travel and fly

[/ QUOTE ]

No no no. If just being in contact gave him the power, why would he be opening up all these skulls?

AlexM 10-08-2007 04:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If that were true, he wouldn't have needed to kill people in the first place.

Kneel B4 Zod 10-08-2007 04:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
but I know in Marvel Comics, Wolverine is capable of regenerating from a single cell.

[/ QUOTE ]

since the writers have taken a lot of stuff from X-Men, I would assume that Claire can also regenerate from a single cell.

fwiw, I am also assuming she has retractable claws that she hasn't yet learned how to use.

Iconoclastic 10-08-2007 05:06 PM

If anyone knows anything about the Ship of Perseus, it will be interesting to see if Claire's toe can grow into a clone of Claire and the show ask which Claire is the real Claire. I wouldn't be surprised if that plot twist was introduced real soon.

I'm still holding out hope that "Peter" is actually Sylar though. That would be so awesome.

MrWookie 10-08-2007 05:10 PM

El D,

My impression of what happened to Sylar in the last episode was that his body was taken into the sewer by something scary, likely whatever Molly sees in her dreams. The blood trail going to the sewer was a smear, not tracks or anything. I guess he might have crawled, I suppose. I though the cockroach was merely a visual motif that's been used many times in this show -- a critter that represents resiliency and mutation.

Freakin 10-08-2007 05:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
but I know in Marvel Comics, Wolverine is capable of regenerating from a single cell.

[/ QUOTE ]

since the writers have taken a lot of stuff from X-Men, I would assume that Claire can also regenerate from a single cell.

fwiw, I am also assuming she has retractable claws that she hasn't yet learned how to use.

[/ QUOTE ]

the retractable claws were aftermarket. She'd have to get them installed.

Freakin 10-08-2007 05:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i think my biggest problem w/season 2 so far [is] not enough niki (and dl and micah)

[/ QUOTE ]

http://img225.imageshack.us/img225/2849/failkp8.jpg

nuggetz87 10-08-2007 07:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
also yawn @ claire teenage angst.

[/ QUOTE ]

http://img225.imageshack.us/img225/2849/failkp8.jpg

claire owns.

Case Closed 10-08-2007 09:07 PM

Wow, that was a pretty effing sweet sylar return.

Soul Daddy 10-08-2007 09:09 PM

Aye, good start. And no DL is very promising.

Wires 10-08-2007 09:14 PM

I think the biggest problem with the show (identified by El D, in a previous thread... I think) is that Peter and Sylar are so powerful that the show should really be about which one of them can take over the planet first. Any other quest is kind of beneath them.

And if there is something more powerful and evil then Sylar... well, I guess you can roll the final credits now because that creature would just devour everything.

AlexM 10-08-2007 09:19 PM

Well, illusion girl is a reasonable explanation for his escape at least. It also explains how he can hide from Molly.

Something I was just thinking... odds that Takezo Kensei is still alive and unaged in 2007?

Soul Daddy 10-08-2007 09:19 PM

I really don't see that as a problem. Bad guys try to take over world with their powers, good guys use them to save the world. Pretty standard superhero stuff.

Wires 10-08-2007 09:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I really don't see that as a problem. Bad guys try to take over world with their powers, good guys use them to save the world. Pretty standard superhero stuff.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sure. But the storylines need to be that epic. I haven't seen tonight's episode so I'm not if there as been a shift. Tough to do well on a television show with a moderate budget as well. I'm cheering for them though - hopefully they can pull it off.

Case Closed 10-08-2007 09:49 PM

I really have no idea where the hell this show is going.

forshure 10-08-2007 09:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Something I was just thinking... odds that Takezo Kensei is still alive and unaged in 2007?

[/ QUOTE ]

Like 100%. Chance he is killing the "elders"?

nuggetz87 10-08-2007 09:54 PM

rofl nice 300lb. candice.

mattnxtc 10-08-2007 09:56 PM

He didnt seem to fit the body type of whatever was killing the elders...so I think like 10%

nuggetz87 10-08-2007 10:01 PM

nice ending scene...

AlexM 10-08-2007 10:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
He didnt seem to fit the body type of whatever was killing the elders...so I think like 10%

[/ QUOTE ]

Although the one thing we know about the guy killing the elders is he fell off a roof and survived...

Case Closed 10-08-2007 10:06 PM

The lady who sylar thought he killed is not dead and I bet he is in a giant dream.

AlexM 10-08-2007 10:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The lady who sylar thought he killed is not dead and I bet he is in a giant dream.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah that was what I thought right off the bat, because Candice would have to be impossibly stupid to actually put her real body within reach of Sylar, especially after showing off her powers like that. Presumably she knows who he is and what he does.

Iconoclastic 10-08-2007 10:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah that was what I thought right off the bat, because Candice would have to be impossibly stupid to actually put her real body within reach of Sylar, especially after showing off her powers like that. Presumably she knows who he is and what he does.

[/ QUOTE ]

Or the show's writing IS that bad and she really did put herself in that spot. If it's not really her then why did she show her true form after he killed her rather than some other form? I read the graphic novels and that is her appearance.

lennytheduck 10-08-2007 10:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Well, illusion girl is a reasonable explanation for his escape at least. It also explains how he can hide from Molly.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll do you one better - Odds that Claire is descended from Kensei?

Soul Daddy 10-08-2007 10:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll do you one better - Odds that Claire is descended from Kensei?

[/ QUOTE ]
So you must think she's making out with her brother?

Love the Kensei as present-day killer idea, btw. I think.

TxSteve 10-08-2007 10:51 PM

is it just me...or is the story arc involving the latino's worse than the commercials?

forshure 10-08-2007 10:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
is it just me...or is the story arc involving the latino's worse than the commercials?

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. But the scarier part is thinking about the fact that the end of the arc is sort of like peter/sylar gets it and in essence becomes like the first season where instead of just stopping the bomb they all have to in some way the person from crying the world to death, just like a bomb.

wisehandpoker 10-09-2007 12:18 AM

Just watching this now.

Are we to believe Hiro stored messages in the sword and that the scrolls sat in there for 335 years, with no one thinking to open the compartment marked 'Ando open'? Or am I missing something?

Soul Daddy 10-09-2007 12:21 AM

Nit