Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Curb Your Enthusiasm 10/7 (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=518044)

aislephive 10-08-2007 03:41 AM

Curb Your Enthusiasm 10/7

I can't quite decide what I think of the episode. I loved the entire scene where Larry was at Danson's party and acting completely obnoxious, but from there it sorta went downhill. The whole limo driver thing getting wasted, then LD covering for him was just a little too over the top.

Also this is sort of nitty but the excuse from the Limo driver was lame. How is he a big time VIP client that he depends on if they have never even met?

This episode also seemed like it would've been much better if it was an hour long. Seems like the last 10 minutes or so were rushed and the ending wasn't really funny, which is something that even the poorer CYE episodes had.

With that said still a solid show/episode because LD doing anything amuses me, but this season is a little below par from the previous ones no doubt.

Weir 10-08-2007 04:15 AM

Re: Curb Your Enthusiasm 10/7

the freak book was awesome.

"Happy birthday Becker" was awesome.

Larry David asking McEnroe a zillion questions was hilarious.

grave plot was okay...funny to see Larry say [censored] yall i'm off to do larry david type things...not really lol though

i also liked danson's wife's douchey comment about them being healthy. really affirmed their obnoxiousness

grieving mexicans was funny. it just made the situation so ridiculous.

ending wasn't so great. it tied everything together which was good, but wasn't "hey look a fifty!"

i thought it was a good episode to show that curb isn't relying on leon. Shuts all the haters up for a week...even though leon is hilarious.

[ QUOTE ]
Also this is sort of nitty but the excuse from the Limo driver was lame. How is he a big time VIP client that he depends on if they have never even met?

[/ QUOTE ]

why? he works for a limo company who gets bigtime clients like john mcenroe and larry david. they call a company, hire a limo, some random dude picks them up. this is how it works.

sublime 10-08-2007 04:54 AM

worst CYE ever.

goebbelboy 10-08-2007 06:35 AM

He's the Wiz. And nobody beats him.

Justin Smith 10-08-2007 08:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
He's the Wiz. And nobody beats him.

[/ QUOTE ]

that was the wiz... i thought he made fake id's Mr Papagorgio

Los Feliz Slim 10-08-2007 10:06 AM

Jeff needing to be on the end in the graveyard was hilarious, but other than that a really inconsistent episode.

Pudge714 10-08-2007 02:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Seems like the guy works for a limo service.
The limo driver thing was already used, when he tried to order a doggy bag for the limo driver.

tannenj 10-08-2007 03:27 PM

meh episode. the limo driver theme was done already in "the massage" (last episode of season two). larry's opinion on bowties (that they're pretentious/stupid) surfaced already in "the bowtie" (season four).

was fun to see mcenroe, but this was probably my least favorite episode of season six so far.

dibbs 10-08-2007 03:30 PM

I laughed pretty hard at the super obnoxious freak book party laugh scene because it was so excessive, but other than that think it was really forced and a very weak showing for Curb. Agreed that the ending wasn't planned well and it felt like they just ran out of time and instead of reworking things said [censored] it.

The "Im gonna say something- No please dont" part felt about twice as long as it needed to be and the questions for John seemed uncharacteristically over the top even for Larry. I think this was the first ep I actually got really annoyed with now that I think about it.

From what I remember next weeks clip looked pretty funny though.

daryn 10-08-2007 03:33 PM

wow i thought it was the absolute best of the season

shaniac 10-08-2007 03:35 PM

They put John McEnroe and Larry David on the screen together and somehow failed to make it hilarious.

The episode started off good, but degraded quickly, characteristic of the last couple seasons.

RacersEdge 10-08-2007 04:11 PM

I've seen about half the CYEs , and I'd say this was the worst I've seen. These are the best IMO when they deal with everyday things that many people can relate to - tipping, dry cleaners, etc. But a bow tie hang-up? Freak book, limo commotion - meh.

kkcountry 10-08-2007 04:26 PM

happy birfday becker!

hey mac, i'm shitfaced! we're gonna need a driver!

lollllllllll

i'm thinking that the people bitching about the freak book didn't really get the payoff at the end at the staples center.

dibbs 10-08-2007 04:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
These are the best IMO when they deal with everyday things that many people can relate to - tipping, dry cleaners, etc. But a bow tie hang-up? Freak book, limo commotion - meh.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's all how they pull it off IMO, like the little questions Larry had about Muslims and bow ties was funny, when Larry gets in trouble only because he was concerned about the happiness of his driver was funny, but inviting the driver in and he gets tanked and thus Larry has to drive a limo and ends up driving Mcenroe around and the excessive bowtie thing with Ted just felt stupid and cheesy to me.

It almost feels as if someone who has watched all the episodes but doesn't really understand the show wrote this episode, I dunno.

I'm not totally against the new Curb style though, and think it's cool they're trying different things. Even though I much prefer the earlier style and subtlety, I've enjoyed this season, but this ep seemed very off to me.

Nielsio 10-08-2007 05:04 PM

I'm going bonkers over the music. It's so awesome, esp when the marimbas or whatever they are come in. Makes me wanna dance in Hawayi.

wezvidz 10-08-2007 11:27 PM

minimal lol's this episode; i concur, worst episode of season. my favorite so far for reference was the roadside memorial flowers episode.

Johnny Drama 10-09-2007 12:11 AM

MONDO FREAKS

bi11 frist 10-09-2007 12:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

gusmahler 10-09-2007 01:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
worst CYE ever.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. I'm not sure I laughed once. I don't understand those who say it's the best of the season.

mephisto 10-09-2007 01:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I concur, was laughing so hard this ep. Not so much the ep before.

Rootabager 10-09-2007 02:06 AM

The ending with John Mac was great. I cant believe you all werent laughing.

gusmahler 10-09-2007 12:08 PM

John Mac is a [censored] actor and the whole "laughing at the freaks" thing was too fake even for CYE.

Yeti 10-09-2007 12:10 PM

larry : lets have a toast....to friendship!
jeff : to friendship? wtf???

haha

jessicaalbiel 10-09-2007 03:34 PM

lol i loved the episode

hey just a thought, if you hate the show why don't you, oh i don't know, not watch it? Curb is obv past its prime and they aren't going to have any more spectacular episodes, so just shut up and enjoy the damn show.

Kos13 10-09-2007 04:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
lol i loved the episode

hey just a thought, if you hate the show why don't you, oh i don't know, not watch it? Curb is obv past its prime and they aren't going to have any more spectacular episodes, so just shut up and enjoy the damn show.

[/ QUOTE ]

Um, just because this ep sucked doesn't mean they all do. But this one really sucked. Old plotlines (limo drivers and bowties) combined with wasting McEnroe and a painfully long opening scene with the bowtie kid made this the worst ep in CYE history.

Slow Play Ray 10-09-2007 04:40 PM

it was pretty bad for a CYE episode. much like a bad bj though, i still enjoyed it.

tannenj 10-09-2007 05:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
lol i loved the episode

[/ QUOTE ]

i think the show is still tremendous. i'm liking season six so far. season five was perhaps my favorite season. i don't think the show is declining whatsoever. every season has a couple of mediocre episodes, though, and i think "the freak book" was one of them. still beats anything else on tv in my opinion, but definitely one of the weaker curbs.

kkcountry 10-09-2007 06:46 PM

all,

who was the "freak" that got mac and larry kicked out of the party (i know, but i don't think some of the haters got it)

MichaelL 10-09-2007 06:55 PM

I think everyone knew who it was...

These last two eps have been average FOR CYE still great compared to everything else though.

Rootabager 10-09-2007 07:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
all,

who was the "freak" that got mac and larry kicked out of the party (i know, but i don't think some of the haters got it)

[/ QUOTE ]

haha heather mills.