Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Stud (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Razztober hand I played OK v Prax (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=517065)

tx4allthefish 10-06-2007 05:15 PM

Razztober hand I played OK v Prax

I tried to squeeze him out on 4th but he spite-called.

My bet on 5th is a mistake as I look at it now.

Tournament - Razz (80/160), Ante 15, Bring-In 25 (converter)

Hero: 3,383
Seat 2: 2,858
Seat 3: 2,018
Seat 4: 4,078
Seat 5: 2,663

3rd Street - (0.94 SB)

Hero: A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___completes
Seat 2: xx xx 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 3: xx xx 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 4: xx xx 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 5: xx xx T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___brings-in___calls

4th Street - (3.94 SB)

Hero: A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___raises
Seat 4: xx xx 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 5: xx xx T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___bets___folds

5th Street - (4.47 BB)

Hero: A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___bets___calls
Seat 4: xx xx 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___raises

6th Street - (8.47 BB)

Hero: A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___checks___calls
Seat 4: xx xx 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___bets

River - (10.47 BB)

Hero: A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___checks___calls
Seat 4: xx xx 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] xx___bets

Total pot: (12.47 BB - 1,995)

RustyBrooks 10-06-2007 05:31 PM

Re: Razztober hand I played OK v Prax

Did you delete and re-post this? I'm confused.

Praxising 10-06-2007 06:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I tried to squeeze him out on 4th but he spite-called.

[/ QUOTE ]
You're making a joke, right? We had pairs. I called because I had a real hand under there. (8A6) Which I thought wasn't as good as yours, yet, but it was early in the hand. I lucked out on 6th.

tx4allthefish 10-06-2007 06:58 PM

I thought at the time that you wouldnt call 2 bets cold in this spot.
It's not a criticism, but I did curse at you at the time [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I didnt make enough effort to force you out after that and let you
overtake at the end [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

tx4allthefish 10-06-2007 07:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Did you delete and re-post this? I'm confused.

[/ QUOTE ]

There are 2 different hands v Prax if that's what you mean -
though they look a bit similar.

RustyBrooks 10-06-2007 07:52 PM

Who was seat 5 in this hand?

I'd never fold in prax's seat with a 3 card hand, getting like 3.5:1 to call 2 cold. I might have raised to ensure it was heads up even.

Praxising 10-06-2007 11:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Who was seat 5 in this hand?

I'd never fold in prax's seat with a 3 card hand, getting like 3.5:1 to call 2 cold. I might have raised to ensure it was heads up even.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wasn't paying attention or I would have raised for that exact reason. (It was a dog distraction.) Oh, and not that it really matters, but prax is a she. And there was no time I was folding. If he'd raised at any time during the hand, I'd have reraised. The only time I was concerned was the river, but at that point, I was certainly not folding.

RustyBrooks 10-07-2007 12:03 AM

I had no idea Praxising was a woman. Not that it's ever come up. Poker is so predominantly male that it's usually safe to assume that unseen opponents are also.

SGspecial 10-07-2007 11:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Did seat 5 think the game had changed to stud in this hand?

[/ QUOTE ]

RustyBrooks 10-07-2007 11:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Did seat 5 think the game had changed to stud in this hand?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Please just tell me it wasn't me.

Praxising 10-08-2007 12:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Please just tell me it wasn't me.

[/ QUOTE ]
You were at the other table. I could go look it up again, I guess. .....

OK, Seat 1 Aquarius
Seat 2 Shmohawk
Seat 3 Daomonk
Seat 4 aMurderofCrows
Seat 5 Michio

You know, I don't think the bet was so terrible, we both had a pair, so technically his hand was best at that moment. Aquarius had been seen to play bricks in the hole - I might be guilty of same on very rare occaisions ::cough:: so he wanted to put on some pressure and see what happened, I imagine. He got out pretty fast, then.

RustyBrooks 10-08-2007 10:28 AM

If either of you has 2 good cards in the hole he's not in good shape. If you both do he's in awful shape. And yeah, at least he had the good sense to not compound the problem and he folded.

3rd st is a little hinky also... Assuming he had 2 babies in the hole it's a bot of a weird call with a complete and a call.

SGspecial 10-08-2007 11:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If either of you has 2 good cards in the hole he's not in good shape. If you both do he's in awful shape. And yeah, at least he had the good sense to not compound the problem and he folded.

3rd st is a little hinky also... Assuming he had 2 babies in the hole it's a bot of a weird call with a complete and a call.

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm not saying he's in good shape here, I'm just saying that a b/f here for 1 more SB is very odd. Looks like it was a bet for information... the kind of info he could have gotten by checking instead.

RustyBrooks 10-08-2007 12:05 PM

I think a bet/fold is weird too. What did he think was going to happen? If there's a completion and a call, there is no way that both of them have a 2-card hand (and he does).