Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Monta Ellis injured (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=516708)

sethypooh21 10-06-2007 03:15 AM

Monta Ellis injured

This doesn't sound good

[ QUOTE ]
Golden State Warriors guard Monta Ellis was immobilized and carted off the court after he was injured in a collision during training-camp practice Friday night.

The 21-year-old Ellis was trying to split a double team on a pick-and-roll when he went down. Ellis lay face down, prone for more than 25 minutes.

[/ QUOTE ]

ZBTHorton 10-06-2007 03:21 AM

Re: Monta Ellis injured

Talk about the most random injury ever.

ADLinden 10-06-2007 03:22 AM

this sounded pretty bad when they talked about it on sportscenter, hope hes alright

BowToYourSensei 10-06-2007 03:34 AM

sgdiosdgjsdoigjsdogijdsgoisdgdsgs

sethypooh21 10-06-2007 03:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
sgdiosdgjsdoigjsdogijdsgoisdgdsgs

[/ QUOTE ]

qft

Assani Fisher 10-06-2007 03:39 AM

Even before this injury, I had been hearing reports that Belinelli was going to be playing over Ellis.

sethypooh21 10-06-2007 03:42 AM

Hollinger thinks Bellinelli is going to be terrible. Like Italian Morrsion bad...

IrishHand 10-06-2007 06:25 AM

That's like saying "my retard brother Bilo thinks Belinelli is going to be terrible", only your retard brother Bilo has a job at ESPN.com.

Did you watch the kid during summer league at all? At worst he's a very, very good backup G in this league...his ceiling's a lot higher.

Assani Fisher 10-06-2007 07:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Hollinger thinks Bellinelli is going to be terrible. Like Italian Morrsion bad...

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't have insider....why?

Assani Fisher 10-06-2007 07:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
That's like saying "my retard brother Bilo thinks Belinelli is going to be terrible", only your retard brother Bilo has a job at ESPN.com.

Did you watch the kid during summer league at all? At worst he's a very, very good backup G in this league...his ceiling's a lot higher.

[/ QUOTE ]

to be fair though, Nate Robinson looked completely unstoppable during Summer League and I don't think anyone is predicting him to turn into a superstar. And didn't Louis Williams also have a great summer and is barely expected to contribute this season in the real league?

The great performance this summer was a positive for sure, but I still wouldn't have taken him any higher than #10 or so in the draft even knowning what I do now.

IrishHand 10-06-2007 08:32 AM

Nate Robinson is a midget who can't play PG. Lou Williams is a rotation player in Philly, but he's behind a quality PG (Andre Miller).

Although summer league is largely useless as an indicator of ability, you can glean some wisdom from it. In Belinelli's case, it was the first time that we'd seen this relatively unknown Euro against pseudo-NBA-level competition. He was bombing like an NBA vet - and jump shooting is a skill that carries over into NBA games - as opposed to driving at will around inept defenders, a la Nate Robinson.

I'm not saying that Belinelli's summer league performance means he's destined for stardom - only that it indicated to me at least that he's got the skills to be a regular NBA contributor. *shrug*

Green Kool Aid 10-06-2007 12:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't have insider....why?

[/ QUOTE ]

he's skinny and white at a position where players like Kobe Bryant and Dwyane Wade, or even guys like Ricky Davis can just abuse him.

Fonkey123 10-06-2007 01:01 PM

LOL @ anyone using summer league as a reason to why he'll be awesome in the NBA.

Teeterer between nba starter and backup ftw.

IrishHand 10-06-2007 01:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
LOL @ anyone using summer league as a reason to why he'll be awesome in the NBA.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL @ people who post without reading the thread.

Nobody said that Belinelli would be awesome or that summer league would be an indicator of such. Thanks for coming out though.

Ralph Wiggum 10-06-2007 01:19 PM

Louis Williams will have a solid career. The kid's 21 and was decent off the bench last year. Anyone got insider, wanna give us some reasons for Hollinger's opinions on Bellinelli? Morrison relied on a lot of off the dribble moves for midrange shots, which he doesn't have the athleticism for in the NBA. Bellinelli comes off more of a quick catch & shoot long range gunner, so I'd give him a better chance.

Green Kool Aid 10-06-2007 02:13 PM

Main issue with Morrison is that his game is very similar to Dirk's. Only he's smaller and (even) less athletic, and not as good of a shooter. So those same sort of moves that Nowitzki uses to shoot over people, that Morrison did so well in college, are not good in NBA because he's being guarded by Tayshaun Prince, Luol Deng, Ron Artest, etc.

IrishHand 10-06-2007 02:17 PM

My game is also very similar to Dirk's. Only I'm smaller and (even) less athletic, and not as good of a shooter.

Fonkey123 10-06-2007 02:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL @ people who post without reading the thread.

Nobody said that Belinelli would be awesome or that summer league would be an indicator of such. Thanks for coming out though.

[/ QUOTE ]

You said that based on summer league it was indicative that he'd be a solid nba contributor, and also that AT WORST a solid backup with a ceiling much much higher.

Those are direct quotes. LOL @ summer league being an indicator of anything.

anatta 10-06-2007 02:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
My game is also very similar to Dirk's. Only I'm smaller and (even) less athletic, and not as good of a shooter.

[/ QUOTE ]

You too? Wow what are the odds.

sethypooh21 10-06-2007 03:35 PM

Monta Update

Back on topic, ESPNNEWS is calling him day to day with a sprained neck, good times.

AllinDan 10-06-2007 04:26 PM

Re: Monta Update

thank god it's not serious.

Assani Fisher 10-06-2007 06:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with you....as I said above, I'd only move him up a few spots among rookies due to the SL. However, the fact that Coach Nelson had said that he was strongly pushing Ellis to takeover Richardson's vacant spot meant a lot more to me.

Assani Fisher 10-06-2007 06:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I LOLed.