Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   BBV4Life (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=64)
-   -   Karaoke Trip Report! Plus a dilemma... (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=516372)

divides_by_zero 10-05-2007 03:51 PM

Karaoke Trip Report! Plus a dilemma...

So my friend came into town and we went to Karaoke at the Thirsty for a good ol' time. Unfortunately this week they didn't have the sweet system with every song imaginable so options were limited. And yes, there was a rickroll, but not by me :-(.

I opened with Me and Bobby McGee and got compliments for it the rest of the night :-D. Mica took pictures. Unfortunately they are really crappy cuz poor lighting conditions and you can't see much. I may try and see if I can salvage them at all.

Later I sang Crazy Little Thing Called Love then managed to coerce Mica to do a duet with me - GREASE! Summer nights. I was the boy.

Later, Mica is like, why are boys not talking to us! So she walks over plops herself down at the next table and starts shaking hands with all the guys. I get dragged over and next thing you know, voila. Rugby team apparently, I've seen them there before for karaoke.

Mica is all over some VERY English boy. Attractive man next to me starts flirting with me. I win 10 dollars from him on a bet about the usage of "goodly." He ends up getting my number.

However, I then do some web-stalking today (standard imo) and he doesn't have facebook and he's not in the MIT system and I am very confused. I look up the Rugby page and find his info. And the fact that's he's 32.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So that's my dilemma. 32 year old guy. Attractive, smart, athletic, has a car, and is in CLEAR violation of the half your age plus 7 rule.

Cliff Notes:
Brag: Roxxor the karaoke - Bartender and lots of other people give me teh mad props.
Variance: Attractive guy flirts with me and he gets my number.
Beat: He's 32.

NewTeaBag 10-05-2007 03:58 PM

Re: Karaoke Trip Report! Plus a dilemma...

Chill woman!

I be 33 and I still be ok!

If you likes him so what? Run with it!

Im actually seeing a Thai woman now 6 yrs older than me [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]
(Of course she looks like she's still 25 but that's beside the point.)

oddjob 10-05-2007 03:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Beat: He's 32.

[/ QUOTE ]

FU

Limesparks 10-05-2007 03:58 PM

a math major should know theres not enough info provided to answer this problem

wtfsvi 10-05-2007 03:59 PM

Save it for a real man who knows his grammar.

divides_by_zero 10-05-2007 04:00 PM

There is a much bigger difference between 6 years and 11.

Apparently you guys can't do math if you realize that half your age plus 7 means that I am under 23.

NewTeaBag 10-05-2007 04:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Apparently you guys can't do math if you realize that half your age plus 7 means that I am under 23.

[/ QUOTE ]

I understood the maths of the OP but I'm still wondering why your using the "Taliban perfect age for a wife" formula [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

YMOS?

You Muslim or something?

oddjob 10-05-2007 04:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

the most successful relationships amongst my friends, are 10 year age differences, and 3 of the couples are the guy is younger.

but you're probably still impressed with a dude that pays your $3 door fee for your all you can drink kegger parties. definitly dismiss a guy cause he's 32.

divides_by_zero 10-05-2007 04:04 PM

It's a pretty standard formula. Even referenced by XKCD. It takes into account that the difference between 30 and 40 is way different than 20 and 30 - much better than the rule of 10s.

4_2_it 10-05-2007 04:05 PM

What do expect from this guy?

He will most likely be much better in bed than the 21 year olds you are hanging out with now and isn't looking for anything serious in return.

oddjob 10-05-2007 04:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It's a pretty standard formula. Even referenced by XKCD. It takes into account that the difference between 30 and 40 is way different than 20 and 30 - much better than the rule of 10s.

[/ QUOTE ]

the fact that you take so much stock into some silly formula displays how immature you are anyways. he's probably better off.

Conspire 10-05-2007 04:07 PM

Im 23 that makes us compatible for internet relationships.

divides_by_zero 10-05-2007 04:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

the most successful relationships amongst my friends, are 10 year age differences, and 3 of the couples are the guy is younger.

but you're probably still impressed with a dude that pays your $3 door fee for your all you can drink kegger parties. definitly dismiss a guy cause he's 32.

[/ QUOTE ]

My mom is married to someone 10 years older than her. But it's kinda weird when you're only 21. This guy has a real job and has his life set. I am just graduating from college and am just in a way different life mode. The difference in life experience is fairly daunting.

I was leaning towards going out with him if/when he calls and see if there's any shot, but I am unnerved.

Limesparks 10-05-2007 04:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
the fact that you take so much stock into some silly formula displays how immature you are anyways. he's probably better off.

[/ QUOTE ]
thats exactly what they said to euler

Triumph36 10-05-2007 04:08 PM

yea i think the 'has a car' might've been a giveaway that you're < 23

divides_by_zero 10-05-2007 04:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm a math major - of course I put stock into silly formulas.

And seriously - why all the hostility? I listed all his good qualities. I never said I WASN'T going to give it a shot.

divides_by_zero 10-05-2007 04:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It was tongue in cheek. This is BBV! Everyone's getting way worked up about this.

oddjob 10-05-2007 04:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

And seriously - why all the hostility? I listed all his good qualities. I never said I WASN'T going to give it a shot.

[/ QUOTE ]

don't you know us old timers get sensitive in our old age?

Triumph36 10-05-2007 04:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It was tongue in cheek. This is BBV! Everyone's getting way worked up about this.

[/ QUOTE ]

the fact that it can be tongue in cheek...

anyway ask him about the reagan years

Conspire 10-05-2007 04:12 PM

Ask him if he has a wife.

4_2_it 10-05-2007 04:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

don't you know us old timers get sensitive in our old age?

[/ QUOTE ]

Easy there young man [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

OP --- If you enjoy his company give it a shot. It might be fun for a day, week or a year.

NewTeaBag 10-05-2007 04:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Everyone's getting way worked up about this.

[/ QUOTE ]

You wrote:

[ QUOTE ]
Beat: He is 32

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds more like variance to me than a beat.
Being as this IS BBV misclassifying Bs Bs and Vs is SRZ BIZNZ YO!

divides_by_zero 10-05-2007 04:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Ask him if he has a wife.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hahaha SERIOUSLY.

It's also really weird to think of him as 32. The place we were at is the student pub so you can count on everyone there usually being a, y'know, student. He's clearly an active part of the community as he is still on the rugby team. But seeing him listed as MIT '99 is just odd.

That's what all this boils down to. It just seems REALLY REALLY weird. And I am parsing it rationally but I also kinda gotta take a minute to just say 32 WTF?! and get it out of my system before moving on.

And to the 30 somethings - I mean, would you want to hang out with a chick still in her undergrad? Wouldn't you want someone who was more on your level? I'm kinda like, wtf, why me? And if it's the obvious answer of "you're pretty" and that's all he's looking at - well I don't want that either.

We're probably going to see them tomorrow though - got invited to the Rugby Game :-D.

divides_by_zero 10-05-2007 04:19 PM

NTB - I actually almost put it as variance - but it was going along with the tongue in cheek hyperbole of the situation.

The real beat is how much [censored] I am getting from Mica. She is REALLY enjoying this situation.

prodonkey 10-05-2007 04:21 PM

I'm 31, and I'm still an undergrad. Physics iz too hard.

Limesparks 10-05-2007 04:22 PM

hey im a 29 yr old physics undergrad hi 5

ps DBZ i cant imagine wanting to subject myself to a dates worth of conversation with _any_ of the 20 yr old girls in my class fwiw

4_2_it 10-05-2007 04:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
And if it's the obvious answer of "you're pretty" and that's all he's looking at - well I don't want that either.

[/ QUOTE ]

I vote this.

prodonkey 10-05-2007 04:25 PM

I dunno.. some are ok.. others are still way too much high school.

prodonkey 10-05-2007 04:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
And if it's the obvious answer of "you're pretty" and that's all he's looking at - well I don't want that either.

[/ QUOTE ]

I vote this.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ya meeting girls at bars I go for the ones that are ugly. They have good personalities though.

goofyballer 10-05-2007 04:28 PM

Wait, OP is a girl? What's going on here? Why am I just now realizing this?

4_2_it 10-05-2007 04:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Goofy, you are young and just bought a new car, right?

prodonkey 10-05-2007 04:32 PM

that dude does look a lot like him. LOL

divides_by_zero 10-05-2007 04:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I vote this.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well that's a strike against. I will not be a trophy girl dagnabbit.

prodonkey 10-05-2007 04:36 PM

pics are required to see if trophy status is possible.

4_2_it 10-05-2007 04:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I vote this.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well that's a strike against. I will not be a trophy girl dagnabbit.

[/ QUOTE ]

I doubt a 32 year old is looking for a trophy girl/wife. That urge doesn't hit until 40 or so. My guess is he's looking for more of a fling.

goofyballer 10-05-2007 04:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Goofy, you are young and just bought a new car, right?

[/ QUOTE ]

Why, that is correct!

NewTeaBag 10-05-2007 04:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]

And to the 30 somethings - I mean, would you want to hang out with a chick still in her undergrad? Wouldn't you want someone who was more on your level?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, no, maybe so. I'd probably be willing to take a chance that an underexperienced woman such as yourself might be able to make up for it in the intelligence department (not all undergrads but given you're a math major at MIT.)

The 39 yr old Thai woman I've been recently seeing also suffers a bit from a similar sort of age preocupation. She often asks me why I dig her when I'm living in a real paradise surrounded by stunning and hot 20 something Thai girls very interested in meeting someone like myself. My answer is usually the same everytime: She's pretty, sexy (without being some dropdead gorgeous type), intelligent, and has a good heart. That combo more than makes up for any age discrepancy.

Perhaps look at it from that perspective on your end and try not to let the age hangups stillborn a relationship with a dood who may be just awesome for you.

Anywayz, thats my 14cents. Best of luck.

PS If it turns out he IS just looking to bang a pretty, young girl with no interest in anything else, feel free to deliver "One Muay Thai Kick From NTB" to his nutz from me [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Unless of course your also interested in a similar type of relationship.

divides_by_zero 10-05-2007 04:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I doubt a 32 year old is looking for a trophy girl/wife. That urge doesn't hit until 40 or so. My guess is he's looking for more of a fling.

[/ QUOTE ]

And that's a major concern. I don't want to be a fling. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

goofyballer 10-05-2007 04:44 PM

dbz, it sounds like we're both looking for the same thing; I believe perusals of my previous posts would show this if you don't think I'm being sincere.

Just something to think about.

Triumph36 10-05-2007 04:48 PM

I am pretty sure the guy looked like this:

http://img206.imageshack.us/img206/6...6dazedlub5.jpg