Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Health and Fitness (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=87)
-   -   October [censored] thread (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=516170)

goebbelboy 10-05-2007 09:58 AM

October [censored] thread

Liked last month's, figured I would start a new one.

Near the end of Starr 5x5, week 3. It's [censored] tough as balls. Squatting after deads is so tiring it's ridiculous. Getting good results though, so I am liking it.

Keep telling myself to add light arm work at the end of my workouts and I never do. Pls to be changing.

How are you guys doing?

Wolfram 10-05-2007 10:03 AM

Re: October [censored] thread

Gonna do my 4th Starting Strenght session tonight.

After wednesday's session my legs felt like noodles. I had played basketball the day before, and I did 30 mins of squash after the session which might have been kinda foolish.

I was getting worried I might be to old (32) to do 3 squats a week. My quads still felt stiff yesterday so I took a break and today they feel fine. Hopefully that means I'm getting enough recovery between workouts to continue on the regular program.

I'm also keeping track of my diet using fitday.com. Man, that site rocks. I'm averaging around 38/31/31 for protein/carbs/fat, and about 2400 cals. a day (all pretty clean).

theblackkeys 10-06-2007 12:41 AM

My hands are developing calluses. That's expected, but is there something I should be doing so I can avoid bloody hands and open sores?

J.Brown 10-06-2007 03:29 AM

BK,

with the "stuff" that i do in the gym i get some unreal calluses and hands that rip up, but i found a pretty good solution: use bag balm or something equivalent at night on your hands and file down your calluses. use one of those files that is made for rough feet and it almost eliminates any chance they will split/break/bleed. gl gl. J.

J.Brown 10-06-2007 03:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Gonna do my 4th Starting Strenght session tonight.

After wednesday's session my legs felt like noodles. I had played basketball the day before, and I did 30 mins of squash after the session which might have been kinda foolish.

I was getting worried I might be to old (32) to do 3 squats a week. My quads still felt stiff yesterday so I took a break and today they feel fine. Hopefully that means I'm getting enough recovery between workouts to continue on the regular program.

I'm also keeping track of my diet using fitday.com. Man, that site rocks. I'm averaging around 38/31/31 for protein/carbs/fat, and about 2400 cals. a day (all pretty clean).

[/ QUOTE ]

my thoughts.

great work.
not foolish, but smart to do something after squatting.
you aren't too old.
yes that site rocks.
your diet is great, nice work, keep it up.

later. J.

MightyA6 10-06-2007 04:53 AM

Beat: Sprained ankle 3-4 weeks ago and hardly could walk. One week later I hurt my left shoulder while training. Byebye training for a week. Then I couldn't train legs or triceps, biceps, back or shoulder(ldo) so I quit strength training for a while and sat on the bicycle at home for 40 mins a day. This week I felt ok and started training and on thursday I felt really sick and it comes and goes from time to time now!
[x] The ground is harder than it seams when you jump off a double construction pipe looking thing!
[x] Training under time pressure makes you hurt yourself
[x] First time in about one to two years I've acutally felt sick!

There ain't no [tsentsure] brag here!

Dexytp22 10-06-2007 03:19 PM

I love tricking so much. The problem is a lot of the kicks require some insane flexibility to look good, and I don't have that. So I've been doing a heller lot of stretching, hopefully I can do the splits in 6 months or so.

AsH_KeTcHuM 10-06-2007 03:27 PM

DEXY,

YES!!!! People, stretch more. TRUST ME. Your goals? doesn't matter, stretch more. You already stretch? doesn't matter, stretch more. TRUST ME.

Dexytp22 10-06-2007 04:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
DEXY,

YES!!!! People, stretch more. TRUST ME. Your goals? doesn't matter, stretch more. You already stretch? doesn't matter, stretch more. TRUST ME.

[/ QUOTE ]

<3 <3

suzzer99 10-06-2007 08:52 PM

Does leg day ever get any easier? I feel fairly incapacitated right now, and I think tomorrow is going to be worse.

SmileyEH 10-06-2007 09:37 PM

http://img54.imageshack.us/img54/3364/bustedmf8.jpg

maniacut 10-06-2007 09:57 PM

what exactly are we looking at smiley

cbloom 10-07-2007 01:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Does leg day ever get any easier? I feel fairly incapacitated right now, and I think tomorrow is going to be worse.

[/ QUOTE ]

If it's easy it ain't working.

In other news, please lord let me get some sleep and not be sick so I can actually move some freaking weights!

theblackkeys 10-07-2007 03:28 AM

rugby injury?

SmileyEH 10-07-2007 10:35 AM

oh yeah, sweet facial fracture on the first play of the game. Played 60 more mins. Badass/retarded :/?

Wolfram 10-07-2007 10:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
oh yeah, sweet facial fracture on the first play of the game.

[/ QUOTE ]
Holy crap, that looks really swollen.

[ QUOTE ]
Played 60 more mins. Badass/retarded :/?

[/ QUOTE ]
A little from column A, a little from column B.

cbloom 10-07-2007 02:39 PM

Does protein powder go bad? If I mix some up with water in the morning and then don't drink it until evening, am I going to get sick?

tmfs 10-07-2007 10:51 PM

First day of the velocity diet almost complete, this is going to be a long journy.

theblackkeys 10-08-2007 12:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Does protein powder go bad? If I mix some up with water in the morning and then don't drink it until evening, am I going to get sick?

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm not sure about the sick part but it sure does smell bad.

EricW 10-08-2007 01:26 AM

I'm heading towards the last week of my 5x5 routine as well! It's been pretty tough tbh because I'm at school lots and I have lots of homework; and to top it all off, I am not getting much to eat!

I think slowly but surely though I'll get my weights up. I might not be gaining much weight, but at least I'm "maintaining" by going 3x a week!

SmileyEH 10-12-2007 10:49 AM

So went in to the see an ENT yesterday. He looked at my CAT scan and poked around my head for a bit. Verdict: slightly displaced orbital fracture. BUT: he says I'm good to go for a game tomorrow because even if I get hit in the eye again it really won't significantly affect my chances for re/further injry. Holy Cow sweet! Still waiting to hear back from my school clinic and I have to see an ophthalmologist to make sure my retina isn't torn (wtf), but crossing my fingers for a quick return. Totally pumped! But please no more fractures, concussions, and torn ligaments plz k thx.

shemp 10-12-2007 11:08 AM

Smiley-- "Brain scan shows nothing." -- Everyone is relieved, if not surprised (with apologies to Dizzy Dean).

durron597 10-12-2007 11:33 AM

As you all probably know, kyleb has left 2+2. As such, I have volunteered to take over modding of this forum because I probably am one of the most active mods on this forum... don't see too many green names around here I guess. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Rootabager 10-12-2007 11:50 AM

why did he leave 22?

SmileyEH 10-12-2007 11:52 AM

yeah wtf?

theblackkeys 10-12-2007 12:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So went in to the see an ENT yesterday. He looked at my CAT scan and poked around my head for a bit. Verdict: slightly displaced orbital fracture. BUT: he says I'm good to go for a game tomorrow because even if I get hit in the eye again it really won't significantly affect my chances for re/further injry. Holy Cow sweet! Still waiting to hear back from my school clinic and I have to see an ophthalmologist to make sure my retina isn't torn (wtf), but crossing my fingers for a quick return. Totally pumped! But please no more fractures, concussions, and torn ligaments plz k thx.

[/ QUOTE ]
You got a concussion as well? Be careful man, once you get one it's a lot easier to get another. And when you get multiples it can eff you up.

thirddan 10-12-2007 01:08 PM

weird, is it cuz of that kyleb prop bet thread? that was lame...

durron597 10-12-2007 01:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

pretty much yes

anyway im counting on you guys to continue to be the experts around here because i sure as hell aint

i do read almost everything here though maybe i'll be an expert eventually

thirddan 10-12-2007 01:36 PM

make thremp the new mod [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Thremp 10-12-2007 02:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

First thing to go... The sticky on propriety.

Blarg 10-12-2007 02:22 PM

Everything in moderation, baby, and moderation's the first to go.

Thremp 10-12-2007 02:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Hrm... The sticky is already gone. Fek, there goes my platform.

Blarg 10-12-2007 02:30 PM

That was just a joke quote from an old song, by the way, not a knock on Thremp or any of the modding in this forum so far.

thirddan 10-12-2007 03:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Hrm... The sticky is already gone. Fek, there goes my platform.

[/ QUOTE ]

its at the top of the faq...

Rootabager 10-12-2007 03:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

can we get a link to this?

I just searched for his name and didnt see anything. I usually read everything in every forum too.

durron597 10-12-2007 03:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I just searched for his name and didnt see anything. I usually read everything in every forum too.

[/ QUOTE ]

it was in bbv4l i think... and i also think it got deleted / moved to mod forum / something. dunno.

thirddan 10-12-2007 03:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

it was dumb...there was a weight loss prop bet and kyle didn't pay right away, but he did eventually pay...there was also some stuff about a shady business deal that kyle had (nothing to do w/ 2p2)...

durron, do mods get any monies?

durron597 10-12-2007 03:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]

durron, do mods get any monies?

[/ QUOTE ]

nay

we have high moral satisfaction ratings though

Blarg 10-12-2007 05:29 PM

So does Al Qaeda! [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

Rootabager 10-12-2007 07:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

it was in bbv4l i think... and i also think it got deleted / moved to mod forum / something. dunno.

[/ QUOTE ]

haha bbv4life is only thing I cant stand to read, it's too dumb.