Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Televised Poker (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   KENNY TRAN IS GOD (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=515952)

AAismyfriend 10-04-2007 11:57 PM

KENNY TRAN IS GOD

Discuss

Whitewash 10-04-2007 11:58 PM

Re: KENNY TRAN IS GOD

The Brad Booth of 2007

KSOT 10-05-2007 01:11 AM

he yuse wok mcdonawd

GSykes 10-05-2007 01:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
he yuse wok mcdonawd

[/ QUOTE ]

I lost it when I read this.

NH

BrunoThePug 10-05-2007 03:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
he yuse wok mcdonawd

[/ QUOTE ]

Ahw saw seehk!

theclock 10-05-2007 07:29 AM

I like the needle he gave Yang about "no funny stuff" and no praying at the table. I personally hate that myself when I see some dude at the table praying.

jmill2511 10-05-2007 09:06 AM

I think he's really good

I also think his QT call was pretty bad.

DrewDevil 10-05-2007 09:31 AM

He made one amazing call and one horrific call, leading me to believe he just calls everything. And he acted like a class A prick.

ZootAllures 10-05-2007 09:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
He made one amazing call and one horrific call, leading me to believe he just calls everything. And he acted like a class A prick.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sure he didn't get that deep being a calling station. As usual, television editing fools another idiot into believing all decisions are so easy. Give someone the hole card information and edit out all the events leading up to the hand and everyone thinks they are a poker genius. Gotta love it.

ZootAllures 10-05-2007 09:50 AM

Only time will tell if he really is a God or not, but one thing is for sure: he should be on HSP season 5 next year. I'm sure about 70-80% of the HSP audience would rather seem him than some unknown like Mike Baxter or Bob Safai. I have nothing against either of those two, as I've actually enjoyed watching them. However, I just think after seeing Kenny and his larger than life ego, that he would make for an amazing show. I really don't see how the producers could miss this one if they are at all scouting for new prospects via other televised poker shows.

PokrLikeItsProse 10-05-2007 11:37 AM

I haven't been watching the WSOP coverage, but if you want to see Kenny Tran play, he's had some interesting hands on UPC's Cash Poker.

Porkchop Express 10-05-2007 11:37 AM

I didnt know God was such a dique.

charliecozz 10-05-2007 12:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]Yeah, he was quite the ahole who would not STFU.

bogey1 10-05-2007 12:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The guy killed most of the planet with a giant flood because he didn't like how people were acting. How much more of a dique could he be?

DrewDevil 10-05-2007 01:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sure he didn't get that deep being a calling station. As usual, television editing fools another idiot into believing all decisions are so easy. Give someone the hole card information and edit out all the events leading up to the hand and everyone thinks they are a poker genius. Gotta love it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I definitely suck at poker and Kenny Tran is way better than I will ever be, but that call with 3rd (4th?) pair for all his chips was freaking stupid and I have no idea why he would do that, other than hubris.

And he was definitely a prick.

Transcend06 10-05-2007 01:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Discuss

[/ QUOTE ]

You're a loser for categorizing someone as god. He's just a good poker player who used to work at McDonalds. That's all.

iplayscared 10-05-2007 01:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

fwiw, he acted like a gentlemen when he busted which was rather surprising.

Joseph Hewes 10-05-2007 01:38 PM

So self-absorbed and egotistical, it's like those hip musicians with their complicated shoes!

jogsxyz 10-05-2007 02:02 PM

See Kenny play razz. He must be a lesser god.

SickHands 10-05-2007 02:50 PM

Definitely, I'd love to see him on HSP as well. His few appearances on Cash Poker were pretty good, I'd like to see what he's capable of at higher stakes.

ravenfan1733 10-05-2007 02:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I definitely suck at poker and Kenny Tran is way better than I will ever be, but that call with 3rd (4th?) pair for all his chips was freaking stupid and I have no idea why he would do that, other than hubris.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, it was top pair with Q kicker but I hated the call as well. I thought he was arrogant but he was pretty funny.

Taso 10-05-2007 03:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Definitely, I'd love to see him on HSP as well. His few appearances on Cash Poker were pretty good, I'd like to see what he's capable of at higher stakes.

[/ QUOTE ]

How high does Kenny usually play? I know he plays "high stakes" but I don't think he plays as high as 300/600 uncapped, does he? I'll admit I don't really have much of an idea, but I thought he was a grinder.

JMX 10-05-2007 03:44 PM

So calling everything makes you a good player these days?

Taso 10-05-2007 04:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So calling everything makes you a good player these days?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think making a read and trusting your reading abilities isn't something to be scoffed at. He was wrong with putting the guy on 77's, infact, I don't know how he didn't put him on the flush draw there, but I get the feeling he is usually right, and appreciate that he goes with his read.

otnemem 10-05-2007 04:20 PM

I love Kenny Tran, if only for when Havad Khan said, "I'm trying to figure out what you had," and Kenny tilts his head back and starts fake-laughing right in Khan's face, as if to say, "You [censored] clown." This could stem from my intense hatred of Havad Khan.

Porkchop Express 10-05-2007 04:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I love Kenny Tran, if only for when Havad Khan said, "I'm trying to figure out what you had," and Kenny tilts his head back and starts fake-laughing right in Khan's face, as if to say, "You [censored] clown." This could stem from my intense hatred of Havad Khan.

[/ QUOTE ]

Tran = God?

Khan = Devil?

Black winter day 10-05-2007 04:59 PM

Kenny Tran is a good poker player but also an arrogant prick and douche.

The way he acted during Yang - Alaie had was disgusting.

And the "i am genius" shouts doesn't help as well...

illegit 10-05-2007 05:06 PM

need to see Kenny Tran heads-up with Scottie Nguyen.

Taso 10-05-2007 05:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

lmao. Yeah, that was awesome, I laughed. He said something after he laughed, but I took it more as a "like you could ever figure out what I have."

SickHands 10-05-2007 05:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
How high does Kenny usually play? I know he plays "high stakes" but I don't think he plays as high as 300/600 uncapped, does he? I'll admit I don't really have much of an idea, but I thought he was a grinder.

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't know what his usual stakes are, but the Cash Poker episode I saw was a 75/150 game with a $300 straddle. Unfortunately I have no idea what's going on with that show as far as new episodes...

IAmNit 10-05-2007 05:29 PM

The only hand I remember of Tran was where he got away with an incredibly obvious bluff. I guess I got to pay more attention to him.

Injection 10-05-2007 05:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, it was top pair with Q kicker but I hated the call as well. I thought he was arrogant but he was pretty funny.

[/ QUOTE ]

The poster was referring to it only being 4th pair as in T's. JJ+ still had him beat, but taking that line with those hands would obv be terrible without soulcard reading.
I really don't see how Tran can beat enough hands on the river to make that call though. It looked like one of those "Put your opponent on a hand you beat and call" situations.. very disappointing to see him go like that.

LesterDiamond 10-05-2007 06:03 PM

I recall a hand from UCP that he was not in but he was so sure he knew what one guy was holding that he called out a prop bet on it. Nobody wanted to take it so he gave some sucker odds (to himself). I believe Cajelais took the bets because of the sucker odds and Tran was way off. Looked like total fool and you could see he knew it in his face.

Hipsdontlie69 10-05-2007 07:20 PM

I just saw Kenny Tran at a local Mcdonalds in Arcadia and I asked him what he's doing over there and he said he's picking up his wife who's working at Mcdonalds.

dj_mercury 10-05-2007 07:23 PM

Cash poker ep. 22:

4 players to the flop. Flop is 2s, 4s, 5d. Eric C with 7-7 (no spades) makes a continuation bet as everyone called after him before the flop, Brighton calls the bet with A-K of clubs (?!), Gabriel calls with j-j and then comes Di Z that raise the bet of 2100 to 12000 in a pot that was in that moment of about 9000. Everyone folded and Tran opened a prop-bet that he would have guessed the guy hand for 2-1 for 2000$ or something like that. The deal was made and he said he had a set of 5 after the flop, so a pair of 5, but Di Z turned over 5-6 of spades.
Don't know if the hand is available online somewhere.

JP OSU 10-05-2007 10:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think he plays pretty high

Taso 10-05-2007 11:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think he plays pretty high

[/ QUOTE ]

Is that how high he usually plays or was he taking a shot?

Daddy Warbucks 10-06-2007 04:30 AM

Well seen as a game that high has only ever run once, i'd say he was taking a shot.

DanielleRB 10-06-2007 11:31 AM

Kenny Tran may be a good player, but he has no class...if someone else was talking smack during a hand he was in and they weren't, he would go ape shyt. What an arse!

I was smiling when he bust...

jcmoussa 10-06-2007 02:04 PM

mmm i have a funny story involving a drunken [censored] me vs kenny tran. will discuss later when im not so hungover. what a waste of a post.