Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   dear lebron james, (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=515829)

BowToYourSensei 10-04-2007 07:53 PM

dear lebron james,

what the [censored] is wrong with you?

how in [censored]'s name do you wear a yankees hat at this game?

kyleb 10-04-2007 07:56 PM

Re: dear lebron james,

meh he grew up a big yankees fan. there's nothing wrong with that.

BowToYourSensei 10-04-2007 07:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
wrong

[/ QUOTE ]

Victor 10-04-2007 07:57 PM

agreed btys.

trade him.

mmbt0ne 10-04-2007 07:58 PM

BTYS,

LBJ has already addressed this.

bones 10-04-2007 07:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Coming from someone with 4 favorite teams in each sport...

kidcolin 10-04-2007 07:59 PM

hova said he'd break his legs if he rooted for the tribe.

RivaLiva 10-04-2007 08:00 PM

He is a Bulls, Yankees, and a Cowboys fan and grew up in the 90's. How is he not a Front-runner.

BowToYourSensei 10-04-2007 08:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
BTYS,

LBJ has already addressed this.

[/ QUOTE ]

i just caught that. hmmm..........

i think i'll stand on this stance just out of spite

kyleb 10-04-2007 08:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

so what? is that a crime?

Rubeskies 10-04-2007 08:19 PM

http://www.riddlemethisjishman.com/w...hyankeehat.jpg

Brady says hi.

bones 10-04-2007 08:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

so what? is that a crime?

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope. Neither is frontrunning. Neither is publicly rooting against a team from the city that you happen to be the face of.

Most sports fans find all of the above objectionable though.

MikeyPatriot 10-04-2007 08:31 PM

Most sports fans are [censored] morons.

4thstreetpete 10-04-2007 08:32 PM

LOL! I nearly fell off my chair when I saw that. LOL! definately a WTF moment, so hilarious. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] Maybe he did lose a bet, LOL.

kyleb 10-04-2007 08:32 PM

Yeah, sue me because I like the Devil Rays, Diamondbacks, Indians, and Athletics. Hoo boy.

g-bebe 10-04-2007 09:29 PM

i just rolled my eyes when they got craig sagar to go talk to him...

what people should really be losing their pants about is sagar's suit... jesus christ, orange? why hasn't he been lynched?

tolbiny 10-04-2007 10:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
He is a Bulls, Yankees, and a Cowboys fan and grew up in the 90's. How is he not a Front-runner.

[/ QUOTE ]

The worst part is that the Indians went to 2 WS in the 90s and had some great teams. How the [censored] can you not be a tribe fan in the area? A pass on the Browns during that time frame at his age is acceptable.

Veecee 10-04-2007 10:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]

what people should really be losing their pants about is sagar's suit... jesus christ, orange? why hasn't he been lynched?

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL Craig Sager. The guy is THE man.

nation 10-05-2007 12:23 AM

Craig Sagar's whole schtick is the crazy suit thing.

Butcho22 10-05-2007 12:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That may have been the most normal suit I've ever seen him wear

tdarko 10-05-2007 12:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Craig Sagar's whole schtick is the crazy suit thing.

[/ QUOTE ]

It seems Chris Spielman takes that angle too...accept crazy tie too.

Pudge714 10-05-2007 01:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, sue me because I like the Devil Rays, Diamondbacks, Indians, and Athletics. Hoo boy.

[/ QUOTE ]
FWIW I like those teams, but for me it will always be
Jays>>>>>>>>>all of the above unless I go busto in the next week and need the Tribe to win the ALCS so I can have like $600.

Arnold_O 10-05-2007 01:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The worst part is that the Indians went to 2 WS in the 90s and had some great teams. How the [censored] can you not be a tribe fan in the area? A pass on the Browns during that time frame at his age is acceptable.

[/ QUOTE ]

agreed.

lebron grew up just a short drive from cleveland. it's the ultimate kick in the teeth to long suffering cleveland fans.

to me it's positively sickening. brainless move. it's one thing to root for them but keep it quiet and don't wear the darn hat.

what really stings is that it's the yankees. it'd be different if it was like the rangers or mariners for some random reason

NT! 10-05-2007 02:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

see, to me liking different teams is just part of being a fan of the game. you like them because of the way they are run, or the team culture, or because they have a likable mix of young talent, whatever. that's just good sports. i like a lot of teams.

teams you are a FAN of, you like regardless of all that stuff. you are irrationally and stupidly invested in them even though you think you are too smart for such things.

to me, i'm not a 'fan' of a team because i like how they're run or have a fetish for small market underdogs with GMs who could pick bill james out of a lineup. to me that's just bandwagoning by a different set of criteria.

kyleb 10-05-2007 02:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
FWIW I like those teams, but for me it will always be
Jays>>>>>>>>>all of the above unless I go busto in the next week and need the Tribe to win the ALCS so I can have like $600.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes for me it is

Indians >>>>>>>>> all of the above.

kyleb 10-05-2007 02:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
to me, i'm not a 'fan' of a team because i like how they're run or have a fetish for small market underdogs with GMs who could pick bill james out of a lineup. to me that's just bandwagoning by a different set of criteria.

[/ QUOTE ]

I refuse to support a team that is run like [censored]. This is why I will never respect the Cubs or understand most of their fans.

EDIT: This is also why I hated the Browns. Nice expansion drafts you [censored] idiots.

That being said, all of the teams I named have young talent playing for them. That's exciting to me, and I like seeing young players get a shot. This is the same reason that I hate the Giants and Dodgers, because idiots like Sabean and Coletti getting shots to run teams while there are infinitely more qualified people just makes me gag.

NT! 10-05-2007 02:39 AM

kyleb,

i really don't disagree with your reasons for liking most teams (other than the yankees, i don't even remember what your reason for it was but it sucked and probably just had to do with you being contrarian and hating all the red sox bandwagoners).

this is not an argument really, i am not going to prove you wrong, it is more like one of those things where you are right but nobody really wants to listen to you root for five different teams because they have their own little allegiances and don't pay attention to anything else. you are just the odd man out. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img] hell even i watch a lot of games and like/dislike a lot of teams, and i find myself saying PICK A [censored] TEAM ADFKJASDFJKLADJKL:ADF

Pudge714 10-05-2007 02:45 AM

NT,
Liking a team because you like it's players/management/whatever is a lot different than liking them because they win.

kyleb 10-05-2007 02:48 AM

The reasons I like the Yankees:

1) They (and their fans) are unabashed jerks who try to buy the World Series as compared to the Red Sox (and their fans) who are like "zomg the Yankees have the highest payroll what a bunch of fdssdgdfdsgd." SHUT UP YOUR PAYROLL IS SIX TIMES THAT OF CLEVELAND. The Yankees have an owner who is a giant dbag and he doesn't try to hide it. I like honesty.

2) OPS is life.

NT! 10-05-2007 03:12 AM

so basically you like the yankees because they gladly embody the excesses of large-market sports, whereas the red sox are half-assed about it and try to act all proletarian.

it would be better if you just hated both IMO, but i can see how liking a bunch of jerks like the yankees fits your mean personality

kyleb 10-05-2007 03:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
so basically you like the yankees because they gladly embody the excesses of large-market sports, whereas the red sox are half-assed about it and try to act all proletarian.

it would be better if you just hated both IMO, but i can see how liking a bunch of jerks like the yankees fits your mean personality

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes

and

Yes

respectively.

Dudd 10-05-2007 03:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
NT,
Liking a team because you like it's players/management/whatever is a lot different than liking them because they win.

[/ QUOTE ]

The two are often highly correlated though.

vhawk01 10-05-2007 04:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
NT,

[/ QUOTE ]

The two are often highly correlated though.

[/ QUOTE ]

In the good way, not the bad way.

bones 10-05-2007 04:42 AM

I guess I don't really understand going into a season rooting for a team because you like how the GM drafts or because the new OC brought in the run-n-shoot.

I'm sure on the surface it's great because "your team" is winning the championship every 3 years.

kyleb 10-05-2007 04:47 AM

If there's one thing you should know about me, it's that I like to see stupid people punished for their mistakes. When smart front offices do well, it means that stupid ones are failing. I like that.

There's also the selfish angle; someday I'd like to work in the front office of a baseball team as my lifestyle job.

dlk9s 10-05-2007 07:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]

That being said, all of the teams I named have young talent playing for them. That's exciting to me, and I like seeing young players get a shot. This is the same reason that I hate the Giants and Dodgers, because idiots like Sabean and Coletti getting shots to run teams while there are infinitely more qualified people just makes me gag.

[/ QUOTE ]

THAT'S AGEISM!

http://img340.imageshack.us/img340/3...1922361uv1.jpg

zer0 10-05-2007 09:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If there's one thing you should know about me, it's that I like to see stupid people punished for their mistakes. When smart front offices do well, it means that stupid ones are failing. I like that.

There's also the selfish angle; someday I'd like to work in the front office of a baseball team as my lifestyle job.

[/ QUOTE ]

yet, you don't like the red sox, who employ bill james and voros mcckracken (sp?), among others?

Triumph36 10-05-2007 09:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The reasons I like the Yankees:

1) They (and their fans) are unabashed jerks who try to buy the World Series as compared to the Red Sox (and their fans) who are like "zomg the Yankees have the highest payroll what a bunch of fdssdgdfdsgd." SHUT UP YOUR PAYROLL IS SIX TIMES THAT OF CLEVELAND. The Yankees have an owner who is a giant dbag and he doesn't try to hide it. I like honesty.

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Los Feliz Slim 10-05-2007 09:46 AM

Being totally irrational is one of the great things about being a sports fan. You know why I love the Red Sox, Celtics, Bruins, and Patriots? Because I grew up in Massachusetts. If the management of any of these teams sucks (and some do, and have), I will hate that management, but I will love and support the team because they have the same name on their jerseys. I hate the Yankees, and I hate Yankee fans unless they are from New York or their father is from New York, in which case I still hate them but I get it. Yankees fans from elsewhere are all bandwagoning front-runners. I hate the Pistons because Bill Laimbeer beats his wife and Isiah Thomas is a little [censored] bitch like Jorge Posada. I hated the Lakers when I was a kid because they were the goddamn Lakers and Pat Riley's hair was ridiculous but now I hate them more because I live in LA and their fans suck bags of dicks. I hate the Mets. My second favorite baseball team is whoever is playing the Yankees, because the Yankees suck.

Deal with it.

Todd Terry 10-05-2007 09:51 AM

I grew up in suburban Cleveland and have rooted for all the teams my whole life. Probably because there's nothing else to do, it seems like everyone in Cleveland is a die-hard fan. I have no doubt that if any adult in Cleveland saw Art Modell walking in a crosswalk, he/she would step on the gas and try to run him over, and if successful, would never be convicted of anything.

The Cavs making the NBA finals was one of the highlights of my life. I can't even describe how unbelievably pissed off I was seeing Lebron wearing a Yankees hat. I can't even think of an appropriate analogy -- Larry Bird wearing a Mets hat to Fenway during the 1986 World Series is the closest I can come up with, but even that is not nearly as bad, since Larry did not grow up an hour away from Boston, as Lebron grew up an hour away from Cleveland. What a complete scumbag. I mean, even if for some reason he is a Yankees fan, at least have the courtesy to the hundreds of thousands of local fans who worship him to keep it to himself, not rub it in their faces, and for crying out loud don't give an interview about it on national TV.