Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Laughs or Links! (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=78)
-   -   Danny Bonaduce ends "Survivor" star Jonny Fairplay's career (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=515502)

Paul B. 10-04-2007 11:14 AM

Danny Bonaduce ends \"Survivor\" star Jonny Fairplay\'s career

Danny Bonaduce was on The Partridge Family and now co-hosts the The Adam Carolla Show. Jonny Fairplay became a TNA wrestler after he placed 3rd in Survivor: Pearl Islands.

Video clip of Danny Bonaduce and Jonny Fairplay at the Reality Awards show

I saw this video on Digg and thought it was really messed up. Jonny Fairplay is on stage and asking why the crowd is booing him. Danny Bonaduce goes up uninvited, pulls a really dbag move and ends up seriously injuring him, later claiming that Jonny put him in "the death grip" (From E! News).

Jonny Fairplay post-op interview. He says he's already pressed charges. I seriously hope he takes Bonaduce for all the money he's got, because dbags like that don't deserve it.

undathesea 10-04-2007 11:49 AM

Re: Danny Bonaduce ends \"Survivor\" star Jonny Fairplay\'s career

funny... cause I thought the d-bag was Fairplay and that he got what he deserved by jumping on Bonaduce.

Paul B. 10-04-2007 11:55 AM

You're right, he shouldn't have jumped on him. But that does not give Bonaduce a license to throw him over his head.

GTL 10-04-2007 11:58 AM

danny's reaction is pretty damning. if it was an accident you don't leave him lying on the ground, turn to the crowd, shrug your shoulders and smirk.

bogey1 10-04-2007 11:58 AM

Their both dbags, though Johnny initiated the physical contact. Just bad luck, or bad coordination, on Johnny's part to land mouth-first. Danny really didn't do all that much. I'm sure my brother and did far more stupid things rough-housing than that. We just had the sense to throw out are arms and turn our face away from the floor...

I can't see Danny being convicted for any intentional damage. Maybe negligence, but not intent.

GTL 10-04-2007 12:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Their both dbags, though Johnny initiated the physical contact. Just bad luck, or bad coordination, on Johnny's part to land mouth-first. Danny really didn't do all that much. I'm sure my brother and did far more stupid things rough-housing than that. We just had the sense to throw out are arms and turn our face away from the floor...

I can't see Danny being convicted for any intentional damage. Maybe negligence, but not intent.

[/ QUOTE ]

that was my first reaction too. to me it seemed like they were both messing around. at the same time Danny tossed a grown man over his head. i have no idea what the police will do. They're both idiots, but I think Danny is the more violent idiot.

youtalkfunny 10-04-2007 12:39 PM

A++++++

Paul B. 10-04-2007 12:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Danny is like 6' tall and he LAUNCHED Jonny. You throw anyone with their head aimed toward the floor from that height and they're going to get hurt, especially if he's not expecting it. Whether Danny intended to hurt him or not is irrelevant.

bogey1 10-04-2007 12:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Danny is like 6' tall and he LAUNCHED Jonny. You throw anyone with their head aimed toward the floor from that height and they're going to get hurt, especially if he's not expecting it. Whether Danny intended to hurt him or not is irrelevant.

[/ QUOTE ]

He didn't launch. Johnny barely cleared Danny's head. And he didn't throw him at the floor, he tossed him up in the air and Johnny gracelessly fell forward.

And Danny is short dude. He's no where near 6' tall. Steroid strong, but hardly tall. IMDB has him at 5'6".

Johnny fell about as far as someone would fall out of wrestling ring...something Johnny supposedly knows a little bit about.

bellytimber 10-04-2007 12:57 PM

I never thought I'd watch a video that would make me sympathize with Danny Bonaduce; I was wrong.

Both these guys are enormous d-bags, but for the record, if a dude ever jumped on me without warning and started humping my chest, my range of possible reactions is heavily weighted towards throwing the freakshow off of me ASAP.

mrmarkus 10-04-2007 01:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Not expecting it? How does someone jump on someone and then proceed to dry hump their face and NOT expect some sort of repercussion? I think you are giving Johnny Fairplay too much leeway.

heater 10-04-2007 01:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I seriously hope he takes Bonaduce for all the money he's got, because dbags like that don't deserve it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, cuz guys like Jonny [censored] Fairplay deserve it.

[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

Paul B. 10-04-2007 01:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

He didn't launch. Johnny barely cleared Danny's head. And he didn't throw him at the floor, he tossed him up in the air and Johnny gracelessly fell forward.

And Danny is short dude. He's no where near 6' tall. Steroid strong, but hardly tall. IMDB has him at 5'6".

Johnny fell about as far as someone would fall out of wrestling ring...something Johnny supposedly knows a little bit about.

[/ QUOTE ]

Alright, 5'6", whatever. But Jonny was definitely dropped from at least 6' in the air. Watch the video again and notice how Danny uses his entire body - his arms, legs, and lower back - to throw him. IMO that clearly fits the term launch, meaning propel with force.

If Jonny landed a bit differently, he could've broken his neck and become a paraplegic. Seriously I don't even understand how you guys can defend Danny. If someone jumps on you playfully, it doesn't mean you can injure them.

[Phill] 10-04-2007 01:31 PM

Vid in OP didnt work for me, but found this:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=UfGtmAoMWiw

Anyway, seems like Fairplay jumped on Bonaduce and Bonaduce reacted correctly in shoving him the [censored] off him.

All i know is Fairplay should be glad the guy turned to being a professional wrestler and not a professional boxer.

Shenlong 10-04-2007 01:38 PM

Even if it's basically a stranger, and he starts humping you, and he does it during an awards show with possibly millions watching it? I can't get him off me in the quickest way I can think of?

mrmarkus 10-04-2007 01:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If someone jumps on you playfully, it doesn't mean you can injure them.

[/ QUOTE ]

If someone jumps on you, you shouldn't have to determine if it is playful or not.

I also can't believe you think it is ok to jump on other people.

Shenlong 10-04-2007 01:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If someone jumps on you, you shouldn't have to determine if it is playful or not.

[/ QUOTE ]

And hump them, especially when that other guy is Danny Freakin' Bonaduce. If you know anything about him, you know that he's a violent psycopath. To me, this just about screams: DO NOT JUMP ON HIM/ANGER HIM IN ANYWAY

bogey1 10-04-2007 01:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If Jonny landed a bit differently, he could've broken his neck and become a paraplegic. Seriously I don't even understand how you guys can defend Danny. If someone jumps on you playfully, it doesn't mean you can injure them.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude, I could fall out of my chair and land wrong and be a paraplegic. Fearing that doesn't make duct taping myself to the chair a reasonable precaution though.

Johnny's ass was 6' off the ground, not his feet. Basketball players end up with their hips 6' off the ground and fall all over each other all the time and I'm not sure I've ever heard of one breaking his neck and becoming a quadraplegic (now football, that's another matter, but still rare).

Possible? Yes. Probably not much more likely than getting hit by lightning though.

A guy got jumped, he threw the other guy off him. Danny is a douche and, via negligence for being overzealous (throwing off vs shoving him away), may have some liability.

Johnny was an idiot for instigating physical contact. Doesn't mean I applaud it. I feel for the guy. You hate to get that much of a life bad beat for simple stupidity.

kevin017 10-04-2007 02:08 PM

he definitely got hurt on the bad end of the spectrum for what happened to him, but what he did was dumb. bonaduce obviously hates the guy. if i were walking down the street and a stranger, or someone i hated, tried to do that to me i can't say i wouldn't flatten him.

let's say he didn't flip him over his head, lets say he pushed him forward hard, but somehow he still flipped around and hurt his face. still danny's fault? or did danny have to sit there and get body raped until fairplay decided he was done.

TiK 10-04-2007 02:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Especially so if after they jump on you, they start humping your face (face, chest whatever part of Bonaduce's body he started humping). That's sexual assault. In fact, given the video, Bonaduce could probably get charges pressed against Fairplay easier than the other way around.

I reply not knowing any of the history of/between these two characters

Bostaevski 10-04-2007 03:38 PM

There's no history, at least according to what Bonaduce said on the corolla show this morning. He doesn't even know the guy and had no idea Fairplay was going to jump on him and start dry-humping his face.

Even tho Bonaduce probably has a case to press charges against Fairplay he stated on the radio he's not going to.

TiK 10-04-2007 03:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
There's no history, at least according to what Bonaduce said on the corolla show this morning. He doesn't even know the guy and had no idea Fairplay was going to jump on him and start dry-humping his face.

[/ QUOTE ]

When I wrote history, I not only meant the history between the two of them, but individually as well, other than the fact that the thrower is an ex-Patridge Family castmember and the throwee is some dude who was on a reality tv show. I wrote it not knowing about either of their douchebagginess that others in the thread have mentioned.

bogey1 10-04-2007 03:56 PM

Bonaduche certainly has a history of, well, violence isn't the right word exactly though he has been violent. He actually strikes me as a guy that wants to be a genuinely decent person, but has trouble with impulse control, be it violence, drugs, whatever.

d10 10-04-2007 04:10 PM

I don't know either of these people but the only one out of line was the one who did the dry humping.

VickreyAuction 10-04-2007 04:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Jonny Fairplay became a TNA wrestler after he placed 3rd in Survivor: Pearl Islands.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just a heads up, he was a wrestling promoter before he was on Survivor. He also made an appearance for ROH, taking a lariat from Nigel McGuiness. Not surprisingly, Fairplay is a heel.

Richard Tanner 10-04-2007 05:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't know either of these people but the only one out of line was the one who did the dry humping.

[/ QUOTE ]

Huh? Watch the vid again, if Danny just drops his arms and Fairplay falls to the ground with his legs under him. Is it that big a deal? Not really. You jump on someone, you take that risk, but don't act like it's perfectly normal to throw someone in the most dangerous way possible when other options are available.

Cody

fishyak 10-04-2007 06:21 PM

Nobody in the Bonaduce family is 6' tall. Danny is a runt, but a very in shape runt, 5'4'-5'-6" max. (Danny's older brother teaches Choir at my kids HS.)

If someone hits you first, all bets are off until you have that person down or clearly controlled. You can't kick em after you've got em down. Smirking after you've got 'em down is allowed. No 15 yard excessive celebration penalty here.

For the guy who made the first physical contact to then sue or demand that someone be arrested for assault is absurd. He would have to go to jail for battery as well. He started it.

And, yes, those are the initials "JD" after my name.

Wires 10-04-2007 06:23 PM

This just proves one thing.

The Reality TV Awards are serious business.

Daliman 10-04-2007 09:44 PM

Danny knew what was coming, and was VERY obviously far more interested in looking like a bad-ass than getting JF off him. If someone you didn't want jumping on you, known for doing so, was setting up as JP did, do you just let him do it, or do you prevent him from doing so in the first place.

This is pretty open and shut. Also, Danny was first to initiate any contact, and also antagonized JF. Don't think in the eyes of the law that that won't matter.

Danny will lose lots of $$$, and possibly some freedom for this. I'd not be surprised if he still had some legal problems and/or probation going on.

EDIT: Anyone thinking DB bahaved rationally should probably take a look at THIS.

SBR 10-04-2007 09:56 PM

I can't believe anyone could watch that clip and think Danny Bonaduce was out of line. If a guy did that to me getting thrown over my head is the best possible out come for him. I'm not sure what [censored] fantasy world you guys are living in where if someone jumps on you and starts humping you, tossing him off is some sort of gross criminal action but you need to wake up. DB isn't going to be convicted of anything and isn't going to lose money.

Daliman 10-04-2007 10:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I can't believe anyone could watch that clip and think Danny Bonaduce was out of line. If a guy did that to me getting thrown over my head is the best possible out come for him. I'm not sure what [censored] fantasy world you guys are living in where if someone jumps on you and starts humping you, tossing him off is some sort of gross criminal action but you need to wake up. DB isn't going to be convicted of anything and isn't going to lose money.

[/ QUOTE ]

So does that mean that after you go up where you have no business being to a guy you have expressed public enmity for, insult him in front of a huge group of people, then fake-friends pat him and walk off, and you also allow him to jump on you, you'd have done more and expect no repercussions, huh? Hell, I bet you'd have put him into a coma!

You really gotta love internet hard-asses.

livin_a_lie 10-04-2007 10:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So does that mean that after you go up where you have no business being to a guy you have expressed public enmity for, insult him in front of a huge group of people, then fake-friends pat him and walk off, and you also allow him to jump on you, you'd have done more and expect no repercussions, huh? Hell, I bet you'd have put him into a coma!

[/ QUOTE ]

You are probably the dumbest person I don't know.

Richard Tanner 10-04-2007 10:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Hells yeah, let's all grab out guns and settle this [censored] like men. *Rips shirt off* [censored]' step up son, yur 'bout to get one helluva ass whoopin'.

That or act like an adult with class and either don't catch him or just don't hold him and let him fall back down on his feet. Whatever

Cody

Daliman 10-04-2007 10:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You are probably the dumbest person I don't know.

[/ QUOTE ]
You go to Cal-tech?

I'm guessing not.

heater 10-04-2007 10:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]

EDIT: Anyone thinking DB bahaved rationally should probably take a look at THIS.

[/ QUOTE ]

None of that changes anything in the video OP posted. It's completely irrelevant to this story.

I'm guessing Danny B. doesn't lose a penny over this.

wslee00 10-05-2007 12:24 AM

according to what i've read it seems like Johnny is known for doing the dry humping thing... and I think Danny knows WHO Johnny is, if not personally, through TV shows or hearsay, so I would say he kinda expected this.

Also Johnny gave Danny pretty good warning before he did it. He tapped danny on the shoulder, took two steps back while danny was watching and then jumped on him. Danny had a pretty good idea of what was going to happen...

oh and lol to all the people making comparisons of johnny to random people on the street... this scenario is completely different imo.

bluef0x 10-05-2007 12:33 AM

By the logic of a few in here, it'd be OK if DB started whaling on Fairplay. Afterall, it would be self-defense!

Get real... DB should have pushed or dropped Fairplay. If some random bum jumps torwards you in the street, are you going to catch him or move out the way/push him away? DB knew what he was doing and is a huge douche for trying to look tough launching some scrawny guy over his head.

bluef0x 10-05-2007 12:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Also Johnny gave Danny pretty good warning before he did it. He tapped danny on the shoulder, took two steps back while danny was watching and then jumped on him. Danny had a pretty good idea of what was going to happen...

[/ QUOTE ]

Seriously, DB saw him run and jump. That's when you just push him down /to the side or if, for some retarded reason you catch him, drop him. To take the effort to catch and throw is pretty damn retarded.

I_AM_EVIL 10-05-2007 12:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

In another interview DB said someone involved with the show told him to go up on stage and say that no one likes JF. I think what made DB upset more than anything is the humping part. If JF just jumped on him I don't think there would have been a problem. JF is very lucky that DB didn't power bomb him.

I see nothing wrong with what DB did. I would have prob done the same thing.

wslee00 10-05-2007 12:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If JF just jumped on him I don't think there would have been a problem.

[/ QUOTE ]
like i wrote before - JF is KNOWN for doing the dry hump thing, i think that's what everyone is missing.