Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   High Stakes MTT (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=89)
-   -   Street by street vs TerrorOfSweden, EPT Barcelona (Hand w/ masters?) (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=514813)

Ansky 10-03-2007 02:31 PM

Street by street vs TerrorOfSweden, EPT Barcelona (Hand w/ masters?)

Since we never do those anymore, this is as close as a decent hand I could think of to do one, and I wanted to post a hand before EPT Baden starts on Sunday.

25/50 blinds to start the tournament, 10k starting stack, Day 1b of EPT Barcelona main event, 8k euro buy in.

For most of level 1, I was in the restroom feeling deathly ill, and evacuating my bowels like there was an air raid siren in my intestinal tract. I missed probably half the hands, and whenever I was at the table I looked like hell, and was sweating and looking very uncomfortable. I think I had 1 too many paellas.

So by 50/100 the table probably thinks I'm either some donkey satellite winner who is terrified and is panicing, or think I am crazy.

Finally after about 30 minutes into 50/100 my stomach feels fine and I am playing some poker. 2 to my left is a mega euro LAGtard, TerrorOfSweden. He is reraising or raising almost every single hand, NEVER folding to reraises once he has entered the pot, and his vpip is prob over 90%. He is completely fearless, and prob doesn't care if he loses in the first hour.

I have about 12k (ToS covers), and probably a relatively tight image thus far.

I open A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] utg to 300, ToS makes it 850, folds back to me.

Fold, Call, RR?

IWEARGOGGLES 10-03-2007 02:36 PM

Re: Street by street vs TerrorOfSweden, EPT Barcelona (Hand w/ masters

99% of the forum will say call so I will say it for them.

Call please. 4-betting is bad. You're out of position. Call down on lots of boards. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Euro LAGtards. I can't wait for Monaco.

Beachman42 10-03-2007 02:41 PM

Re: Street by street vs TerrorOfSweden, EPT Barcelona (Hand w/ masters?)

Call. I'm not a fan of building a big pot OOP with A/J. However, you are likely ahead.

Another thought - if ToS doesn't know that great and almighty Ansky, how can you BEST use your unusual table image in this hand? Lots of calls followed by a river push? Just tryin' to anticipate where this is going . . .

0evg0 10-03-2007 02:42 PM

call but 4betting isnt that bad at all

Ansky 10-03-2007 02:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Call. I'm not a fan of building a big pot OOP with A/J. However, you are likely ahead.

Another thought - if ToS doesn't know that great and almighty Ansky, how can you BEST use your unusual table image in this hand? Lots of calls followed by a river push? Just tryin' to anticipate where this is going . . .

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, to play devils advocate, if I had to guess waht I was going to do post flop I'd say... It depends on what flops!

eBo 10-03-2007 02:44 PM

How does he play postflop?
Has he shown the ability to fold postflop after 3betting? How often is he 3betting vs. cold calling?

I'm assuming he's kind of bad, so call.

mikeJ 10-03-2007 02:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
call but 4betting isnt that bad at all

[/ QUOTE ]

Ansky 10-03-2007 02:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
How does he play postflop?
Has he shown the ability to fold postflop after 3betting? How often is he 3betting vs. cold calling?

I'm assuming he's kind of bad, so call.

[/ QUOTE ]

He's like crazy aggro and insane, but I wouldn't nec peg him as a station at all. I think he generally will have the ability to fold marginal hands post flop.

Crash0veride 10-03-2007 02:47 PM

I'd probably call
but.....why not 4-bet, it'll slow him down a ton and makes are decision easier and our hand more playable post flop. especially for a person with Ansky's skill level post flop

Beachman42 10-03-2007 02:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, to play devils advocate, if I had to guess waht I was going to do post flop I'd say... It depends on what flops!

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL I wasn't tryin too hard to be a smartAss, but IMHO your unusual image is a tool to be considered in this hand . . .

g-p 10-03-2007 02:59 PM

id call and i would fold 0 flops

yellowsub 10-03-2007 03:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
id call and i would fold 0 flops

[/ QUOTE ]

you want to c/c on 765 monotone? k54r? T96 2spades?

gonna get us in a lot of trouble if your mentaility is c/c any flop imo

g-p 10-03-2007 03:07 PM

yea we can c/r and bet/call too..

Foucault 10-03-2007 03:21 PM

I just call. Seems like on balance your best prospect for making money with this hand will be picking off bluffs. If you over-represent by 4-betting pre-flop, it seems like that could only slow him down and make it worse for you to stack off with one pair, which you probably want to be doing against this guy.

ASPoker8 10-03-2007 03:28 PM

call and play better than him postflop since you can and will

0evg0 10-03-2007 03:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I just call. Seems like on balance your best prospect for making money with this hand will be picking off bluffs. If you over-represent by 4-betting pre-flop, it seems like that could only slow him down and make it worse for you to stack off with one pair, which you probably want to be doing against this guy.

[/ QUOTE ]

very niiiice

Eagles 10-03-2007 03:53 PM

Is TerroroFSweeden good lag or bad lag? Like is he just super loose pf but plays good post flop or does he just suck all around?
I think that pf is a call given his crazy image I doubt he folds AK+ JJ to a 4bet so the only reason to 4bet is if you think he's calling/shoving a range that AJs beats. Given that this is unlikely. I probably call because folding AJs against a super lagtard just seems bad because your prob pretty far a head of his range. FWIW I don't think fold is that bad because playing OOP against a good aggro thinking player is tough and you can def make some mistakes postflop,

ZJ123 10-03-2007 04:02 PM

i think 4 betting sucks hardcore. Hes either calling in position or shoving and both of those are not good for us. Just call and call lots of flops, etc blah blah.

betgo 10-03-2007 04:05 PM

I would fold. You raised UTG and he reraised in 3rd position. AJs one if the worst UTG raising hands you can have to play against a reraise. I would never fold a suited connector or pp to a small reraise by a LAG though.

I think folding your UTG raise to a LAG does your image no harm and may set up action for your big hands.

Cuts 10-03-2007 05:07 PM

I agree that 4betting is bad.
Problems with calling preflop:
he knows your range
you dont know his range
you are oop
With position and an idea of you range he will know what kind of flops you hit or miss, and will be able to outplay you EXCEPT if you decide to rebluff him often, which is hard to do playing oop with no idea of his range.

g-p 10-03-2007 05:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I would fold.

[/ QUOTE ]
yea, AJ isnt even a made hand! not even sure why you raised to begin with !

Eagles 10-03-2007 05:08 PM

WTF how does terrorofsweeden know our range? Does he have a soulreader?

betgo 10-03-2007 05:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I would fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
If I raise UTG and get reraised in early position, then I call tighter than if I raised on the button. AJ is an awful hand to play against a reraise, because if you connect, you have no idea where you are.

I know the guy is a LAG, but let him take a small pot early and look for a better situation to make a stand.

Personally, I wouldn't always raise initially AJs UTG with 100xBB no ante, but Ansky plays differently.

mastr 10-03-2007 05:15 PM

i'm actually serious that I don't think we should have raised pre. I think limp is strictly better given ToS at our table. we then get to choose if we want to reraise after TOS's guaranteed raise or call and let him have the lead for the entire hand. Either way it seems much much better then us initially raising

djk123 10-03-2007 05:18 PM

I like a call here with the intention of doing something besides folding on almost all flops. 4 bet is okay only if u think he would 5 bet u light and u are planning on calling a shove.

betgo 10-03-2007 05:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i'm actually serious that I don't think we should have raised pre. I think limp is strictly better given ToS at our table. we then get to choose if we want to reraise after TOS's guaranteed raise or call and let him have the lead for the entire hand. Either way it seems much much better then us initially raising

[/ QUOTE ]
I like the limp/call or limpreraise assuming TOS raises better here. Also, I would sometimes limp and sometimes raise with AJs UTG in general at this stage of the tournament.

gobboboy 10-03-2007 05:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I would fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
If I raise UTG and get reraised in early position, then I call tighter than if I raised on the button. AJ is an awful hand to play against a reraise, because if you connect, you have no idea where you are.

I know the guy is a LAG, but let him take a small pot early and look for a better situation to make a stand.

Personally, I wouldn't always raise initially AJs UTG with 100xBB no ante, but Ansky plays differently.

[/ QUOTE ]

Betgo, you're pretty much thinking on the 2nd level against people thinking on the fifth level. Do you not think that Ansky understands legitimate raising ranges/calling ranges with legitimate people. He's already given you reads for the situation. Not calling with AJs here would be terrible.

Cuts 10-03-2007 05:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Not really but OP said he views him as tag, so ToS will assume he's on AT+ 88+ and broadway.
Which is true.

Basically here the plan is to bluffcatch him, which includes floating and calling down with one pair type of hands.
Problem is that often lagtards are viewed way crazier than they actually are in big pots. We don't know how crazy he really is, I also play a ton of hands in the first levels of the EPTs but because people are bad postflop and will pay me off big time, I think that's his strategy.

I really wonder what his range is for 3betting a tag utg raiser... With his image he must be aware that we're not going to fold often, still he does it, thinking he can outplay/bully everyone or because he has a legitimate hand?
I hate to say that but ... there will be better spots..

betgo 10-03-2007 05:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I would fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Betgo, you're pretty much thinking on the 2nd level against people thinking on the fifth level. Do you not think that Ansky understands legitimate raising ranges/calling ranges with legitimate people. He's already given you reads for the situation. Not calling with AJs here would be terrible.

[/ QUOTE ]
Of course I understand the read. But you have to give some weight to the action of reraising an early position raise in early position. Ansky does not have a loose image, even though villain does. Even a maniac could have a real hand. By calling OOP with this hand, you are putting yourself in a difficult situation.

In general, I would almost always fold AJ raised UTG to a 3rd position raise. I am usually not folding AK, AQ, any pp, or suited connector. I know villain is a LAG etc., but I don't think that makes AJs that much easier to play in this situation.

mastr 10-03-2007 05:48 PM

gobbo, explain reasoning behind raising over limping as our inintial action, I'm extremely extremely curious

Cuts 10-03-2007 05:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I would fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

How can it be fifth level with ToS seeing Ansky as a taggish satellite qualified player?

registrar 10-03-2007 05:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I always like your posts.

Eagles 10-03-2007 06:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Not really but OP said he views him as tag, so ToS will assume he's on AT+ 88+ and broadway.
Which is true.

[/ QUOTE ]
This isn't close to Ansky's range and if this is your range its awful I would much rather call 22 than KTo. I would also rather have 78s than both of those.

Ansky 10-03-2007 06:44 PM

mmm i think 22 plays significantly better than 78s here, which plays significantly better than KTo.

Pudge714 10-03-2007 06:56 PM

If you are ever entertaining folding here opening is all kinds of terrible.
His three bet pretty small and with position he will make it hell for us if we 4bet. Especially since I have no idea what to do to a 5bet.
I call.
Lol @ Anskys range betting AT+ 88+, broawdway
Also saying broadway and AT+ is redundant.

registrar 10-03-2007 06:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Lol @ Anskys range betting AT+ 88+

[/ QUOTE ]

Ansky, given your bowels and your previous play, appearance and table demeanour, what range do you image ToS puts you on opening UTG?

djk123 10-03-2007 07:07 PM

Betgo, you say you understand the read, but then you go and say something like this :

[ QUOTE ]
In general, I would almost always fold AJ raised UTG to a 3rd position raise. I am usually not folding AK, AQ, any pp, or suited connector. I know villain is a LAG etc., but I don't think that makes AJs that much easier to play in this situation.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is not a "general situation." Villain is described as "mega euro LAGtard. He is reraising or raising almost every single hand, NEVER folding to reraises once he has entered the pot, and his vpip is prob over 90%. He is completely fearless, and prob doesn't care if he loses in the first hour."

We obviously aren't dealing with a typical lag, so any "general" tendencies are worthless in this situation.

Eagles 10-03-2007 07:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
mmm i think 22 plays significantly better than 78s here, which plays significantly better than KTo.

[/ QUOTE ]
You might be right... its close... either way i prob instacall 22 and 78s and I never raise KTo UTG FR and if I did i would def fold now.

mastr 10-03-2007 07:13 PM

ok all you guys what the hell, if we raise here why aren't we 4-betting and calling the 5-bet all in if he's really 3-balling 90+% of hands. I don't like this as much as limp-calling but once we've gotten to this spot, you absolutely HAVE to punish his insanely wide 3-betting

LearnedfromTV 10-03-2007 07:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think I agree.

As played, calling the 3bet seems best by far. AJs is ahead of his 3bet range, the alternative of 4betting and having to choose between stacking off pre (lol!) or getting into an ugly flop spot oop versus someone who is not entirely pyscho but rather aware-psycho (he knows his image and his read on a random who 4bets from utg will not be favorable to playing AJs in a 4bet pot) kinda sucks.