Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Attention people who smack your lips loudly as you eat: (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=513959)

otnemem 10-02-2007 02:15 PM

Attention people who smack your lips loudly as you eat:

Please explain to me why you do this. There's a Chinese guy who sits next to me at work, and anything he eats is consumed in such an overtly offensive manner, I can only imagine it's done purposefully. I'm really conscious of my eating habits, mainly because I don't want everyone around me to think I'm a disgusting pig who never learned that you don't HAVE to smack your tongue against the roof of your mouth every time your lips touch as you're chewing your apple.

Seriously, this [censored] drives me completely out of my mind. So to all you disgusting pigs who don't know how to shut your mouth when you're eating, I just need to know why. To all you manner-less animals who feel like inhaling sharply with every bite somehow aids in digestion, just explain to me why you can't shut your [censored] mouth while you eat your rice bowl from Chipotle, just so I can begin to understand.

/rant

Aloysius 10-02-2007 02:16 PM

Re: Attention people who smack your lips loudly as you eat:

Does he also wear his watch when he swims at the gym?

-Al

szw 10-02-2007 02:17 PM

Where can i sign up for your blog?

oddjob 10-02-2007 02:19 PM

i'm korean and most older korean adults are horrible at this. my dad is disgusting, and my cousing (who is probably 25 years older then me) is even worse. it completely disgusts me and i hate eating with them.

daryn 10-02-2007 02:19 PM

at least if you're gonna do one of these posts, make it a somewhat original gripe, or include an interesting story.

otnemem 10-02-2007 02:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
at least if you're gonna do one of these posts, make it a somewhat original gripe, or include an interesting story.

[/ QUOTE ]
Fair enough.

EDIT: I meant to actually ask a question in the OP. These people have to know how disgusting they sound. I just can't understand WHY you would eat this way. Is it that you just don't care how disgusting you sound, or is it more like you think you eat just like everyone else?

Wires 10-02-2007 02:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Fair enough.

[/ QUOTE ]

Regardless the OP is correct in his rant. Maybe I've missed the previous blog/rant on this topic but I couldn't agree more.

If each mouthful of food sounds like a battle for life over death you should probably stop eating and succumb to the latter.

solids 10-02-2007 02:28 PM

Hasn't Dids done this exact post roughly 5 times within the last year?

27offsuit 10-02-2007 02:29 PM

om nom nom...

Aloysius 10-02-2007 02:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Fair enough.

EDIT: I meant to actually ask a question in the OP. These people have to know how disgusting they sound. I just can't understand WHY you would eat this way. Is it that you just don't care how disgusting you sound, or is it more like you think you eat just like everyone else?

[/ QUOTE ]

It's a cultural thing. There is no emphasis on eating "politely" in alot of Asian cultures. You can't figure this one out on your own?

-Al

ZenMusician 10-02-2007 02:30 PM

Does he eat fruit on the bottom yogurt also?

-ZEN

Yeti 10-02-2007 02:32 PM

I used to live with a guy who did this too. As you can imagine, it drove me insane. In fact I'm starting to get angry now just at the very memory of what went on.

otnemem 10-02-2007 02:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Fair enough.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's a cultural thing. There is no emphasis on eating "politely" in alot of Asian cultures. You can't figure this one out on your own?

-Al

[/ QUOTE ]
Um, just because this instance happens to be an Asian guy, I'm not asking why ASIANS have horrible eating habits. I meet tons of people - of many different ethnicities - who eat like pigs.

Aloysius 10-02-2007 02:57 PM

Oh, I see. I think the answer is cause people are oblivious pigs, sometimes they are just rude and don't care also. Bad breeding, imo.

-Al

prohornblower 10-02-2007 02:59 PM

There are definitely people who do this in every culture. It's nasty and distracting.

The worst guy who does this was my former roomate (good friend of mine from college). Eddie was Filipino and would eat soooo nasty it was amazing. The rest of us would literally stop and stare at him as if it was a joke. We really thought he was pulling our leg. Sick stuff. It was like how a dog hastilly eats their food all loud and gross and sh*t. I always chew with my mouth closed and I can barely breathe from my nose so there is no excuse for the rest of you slobs

ZenMusician 10-02-2007 03:11 PM

Not to get back on the Asians, but I remember
reading that Japanese noodle-slurping is not
only common, but accepted (as a food-cooling
technique?) and I even inferred that not doing
it could be seen as rude.

-ZEN

schundler 10-02-2007 03:18 PM

My [censored] ass roomate used to do this last year. He never left the room, ate all his meals in the room, and if he wasn't eating a meal, he was constantly eating [censored] skittles. On an unrelated note, he's dead now.

otnemem 10-02-2007 03:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
There are definitely people who do this in every culture. It's nasty and distracting.

The worst guy who does this was my former roomate (good friend of mine from college). Eddie was Filipino and would eat soooo nasty it was amazing. The rest of us would literally stop and stare at him as if it was a joke. We really thought he was pulling our leg. Sick stuff. It was like how a dog hastilly eats their food all loud and gross and sh*t. I always chew with my mouth closed and I can barely breathe from my nose so there is no excuse for the rest of you slobs

[/ QUOTE ]
My Puerto Rican freshman-year college roommate also ate this way. Watching him eat wings was especially bad. After each bite, he'd suck and lick the tip of each finger to get rid of the excess hot sauce. So bad.

DrewDevil 10-02-2007 03:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
My [censored] ass roomate used to do this last year. He never left the room, ate all his meals in the room, and if he wasn't eating a meal, he was constantly eating [censored] skittles. On an unrelated note, he's dead now.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's a relief.

jzpiano 10-02-2007 04:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I used to live with a guy who did this too. As you can imagine, it drove me insane. In fact I'm starting to get angry now just at the very memory of what went on.

[/ QUOTE ]

I also had the same and I [censored] wanted to punch him in the face every time I had to eat next to him.

oddjob 10-02-2007 04:48 PM

and just to break up the racial hate. one of my good friends is white and is one of the worst offenders of this. he usually has [censored] hanging from his mouth when he eats. it's gross. he's been told a number of times how gross this is, and it doesn't phase him

Lottery Larry 10-02-2007 04:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't assume they know how they sound- I'm currently trying to beat this habit out of my oldest son. He claims that he can't hear it when he's smacking and flapping.

Kimbell175113 10-02-2007 05:04 PM

This is an OCD thing for me. I eat with my mouth closed, try to be quiet, etc., and I'm still terrified of making gross noises or being noticeable at all. It's bad.

So, yeah, I can't understand the people who do this. I wonder if they know that they're doing and try to stop, or if they don't know, or if they know and just forget in the heat of the moment...

Klompy 10-02-2007 05:09 PM

OMG this is the worst. I think people just don't know they're doing it. I've called people out on it before and they always start doing it again within like 10 seconds. I guess people's minds wander easily.

Soul Daddy 10-02-2007 05:16 PM

Ah. Who's eating?

Dids 10-02-2007 05:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hasn't Dids done this exact post roughly 5 times within the last year?

[/ QUOTE ]

Never!

My post is the one about dudes lurking in the bathroom not using the stall. Those [censored].

arh1 10-02-2007 05:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If each mouthful of food sounds like a battle for life over death you should probably stop eating and succumb to the latter.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol

[ QUOTE ]
om nom nom...

[/ QUOTE ]

lol classic

This is the first time I've seen this topic here, and thank you thank you thank you for bringing it up! These people drive me insane and must be stopped. There is no justification for this behavior unless you are A)retarded B)a sociopath or C)a hyena.

Badger 10-02-2007 05:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Georgia Avenue 10-02-2007 05:41 PM

Hay guiz! I do this with glee becuz NOMNOMNOM!

I don't eat messily, just loudly.

Here's some other stuff I do that maybe you will like:

1. Drive real fast in the left lane so GTFO of it imo.
2. Aim for the back of the urinal/stall so it goes WOOOSHHHHH real loud haha
3. Make the girls I screw yell out nasty stuff regardless of whether anyone is within ear shot
4. Untuck my workshirts asap
5. Drink red wine with chicken
6. Am a hipster
7. split tens
8. use LOL
9. End lists annoyingly early

Anyway, nomnomnom! Especially soup. Mmmm soup. SLURRRRRRP

Then when I'm done I'm all SMACKSMACKmmmmMMMMMM*burp*

Cheers,
--GA

DING-DONG YO 10-02-2007 05:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]