Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   BBV4Life (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=64)
-   -   Post your dentist beats (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=513934)

john kane 10-02-2007 01:40 PM

Post your dentist beats

i got to go to the dentist tomorrow. i will need a back molar extracted becuase it fell off my brushing list, plus i probs need some crown or something on another tooth.

i am not looking forward to this at all.

please post your dental beats to make me feel better.

oh yeah, ill probs need another filling as well. not brushing your teeth during regular 3 day benders whilst at university was not a wise idea.

and yes i am british.

4_2_it 10-02-2007 01:42 PM

Re: Post your dentist beats

[ QUOTE ]

and yes i am british.

[/ QUOTE ]

Standard

Limesparks 10-02-2007 01:47 PM

i read this as dent your beat poets

hamsamich 10-02-2007 02:15 PM

Long time ago I get the pain signaling that a trip to the dentist is unavoidable. I hate dentists more than just about any other kind of doctor and that is saying quite a bit coming from my family history.

Quick example....five years ago my father had a heart attack (his second) which eventually led to a three day hospital stay and an angioplasty to avoid open heart surgery. He had the heart attack at 10am and didn't go to the ER until 6:30pm.

So I go to a dentist that uses sweet air/novocain for the cowards (OP raises both hands and begins waiving them in a Forest Gump like fashion). They whack me up with six shots of novie and I make them turn the nitros up just to the south side of passing out/puking. The second the evil bastard puts his hands in my mouth every molecule in my body explodes in a level of pain I cannot fully describe with the tools that spoken language affords me. The closest comparison I can give is when I was 17 my appendix had to be removed but it took the hospital almost 14 hours to diagnose me and they could not give me anything for the pain in the interim because they weren't sure it wouldn't complicate whatever the problem was. I would rate that pain about a 2 compared with a 10 of what this was.
It was so bad that as I got up from the chair without even realizing what I was doing I was taking a swing at the SOB. I missed (thankfully) and walked out of the place. I had also ALREADY paid about $400 for the work he was doing and didn't care.

Like two days (and two gallons of Anbesol...lol) later I went to a dental surgeon and got put to sleep and had all the work I needed done in one shot. I have never had any dental work since then without going to sleep.

My anxiety going to a dentist is so over the top, the last time I went to have a tooth pulled they had to wait 45 minutes AFTER hooking me up to the IV to administer the drugs to put me out because my heart rate was so elevated they were afraid something would go wrong.

dlk9s 10-02-2007 02:32 PM

As many may know, molars start out in pieces which fuse together. When I was a kid, my molars did not fuse together 100%, which meant I had five cavities that needed filling. Ok, standard.

Well, my dentist did not feel that children should be given drugs, so I had five cavities (three in one sitting, two in another) drilled with no painkillers, numbing agents, nothing. Needless to say, it was horrible.

My parents didn't say anything about it because, frankly, they figured he knew what the hell he was talking about. Plus, he was our neighbor and I guess they assumed he was looking out for my best interests.

Dammit, now that I think about it more, maybe my parents set the whole thing up. Bastards.

kevin017 10-02-2007 02:41 PM

i don't understand people who are scared of the dentist. i'm trying to be a dentist, i've volunteered for/observed a dentist for a couple weeks. there's nothing painful going on in there. you get numbed. if you aren't numb enough, you can be numbed more. if you're like hamsamich and get really anxious, you can get some valium. being really anxious makes it more likely that you'll feel pain, so that also explains why you might have needed more painkiller.

While i was observing, a ~70 year old woman had a crown done with no anesthesia. don't be sissies imo.

edit: good chance british dentists don't know what they're doing due to lack of practice ldo

holdme 10-02-2007 02:42 PM

a dentist killed my father

hamsamich 10-02-2007 02:52 PM

My wife had braces as a kid and they screwed up her teeth. She has had more root canals than anyone I know.

Every one of them with NO novocain or sweet air. She drives herself there and after most of them has eaten a regular dinner.

I think your tolerance/definition of pain changes dramatically after you pop out a couple of kids..lol

schundler 10-02-2007 03:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

dentistry raped my mother

SuperNooB 10-02-2007 03:28 PM

Highest rate of Suicide - Dentists !

MissT74 10-02-2007 03:30 PM

I had to get a root canal which involves getting a cap (fake tooth) and the DDS made me pick out the "shade" I wanted the cap in. As if I know what shade to pick out that would match my other teeth....pfft.

To this day, I have a tooth that is SLIGHTLY (very slightly) different colored then my other teeth.

(Here come the jokes.....)

[img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

T

Budget Boy 10-02-2007 05:12 PM

I haven't been to the dentist in over 8 years.

My teeth hurt.

chadmack 10-02-2007 05:15 PM

my dad, grandpa, and great grandpa were dentists... holla

Dankenstein 10-02-2007 05:21 PM

I think having this guy as a dentist might be a beat

http://gothamist.com/2007/08/26/worsethanaverag.php

BingoBango 10-02-2007 05:24 PM

I chipped my 2 front teeth when i was ~12 and proceeded to chip them off another 6 times before getting 2 crowns.

Beat: I'm only 19

ltb 10-02-2007 05:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

this is incorrect. at my first year orientation, they made sure to mention that, heh.
http://www.straightdope.com/columns/010420.html is the first link i can find that refutes it.

Dankenstein 10-02-2007 05:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

dentistry raped my mother

[/ QUOTE ]
Actually I have heard of someone dying from a dentist visit. The son of one of my dad's coworkers died from a staph infection in his mouth. The cause was the dentist not properly sanitizing his tools.

kyleb 10-02-2007 06:15 PM

I haven't been to the dentist in over four years. I should probably go.

ebepse 10-02-2007 06:49 PM

what do you call a doctor who dropped out of med school?

kevin017 10-02-2007 08:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[x] make lots of money
[x] work 4 days a week
[x] be your own boss
[ ] commit suicide

[ QUOTE ]
I had to get a root canal which involves getting a cap (fake tooth) and the DDS made me pick out the "shade" I wanted the cap in. As if I know what shade to pick out that would match my other teeth....pfft.

To this day, I have a tooth that is SLIGHTLY (very slightly) different colored then my other teeth.

(Here come the jokes.....)

[img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

T

[/ QUOTE ]

though retarded of him to ask you to pick the color yourself, it can actually be really difficult to match tooth shades, especially on front teeth.

TheyCallMeDonk 10-02-2007 08:10 PM

loool free dental care ftw

john kane 10-03-2007 06:41 AM

[censored] [censored] [censored].

they didnt do any work becuase they said i need 4 hour long sessions. greaaatttt.

apparently i need a number of fillings and 4 crowns. jokes.

cost of almost $6,500.

im a bit dubs about 2 of the crowns given my other dentist said i didnt need them and they have not changed at all since i last went, plus he said if i ever needed them they'd cost $500, she's charging both $800 and $1300 depending on the type of crown.

not fussed that much about the cost, just want to get them sorted, but feel she is taking the piss a bit.

[censored].

eljizzle 10-03-2007 06:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

just make with the punchline man...the suspense is killing me...

apefish 10-03-2007 07:35 AM

Late last year I went in and had 3 fillings done.
Then close to Christmas I had that "oh [censored] I'm gonna need a root canal" type of pain in another tooth.
I had that done in mid January.

Beat: The pain leading to the root canal
Brag: I handed them cash from one of my last checks from GPP to pay for it all.
Variance: I both hate and miss the old Tribeca network.

Frelo 10-03-2007 08:12 AM

When I was 16 I had my 4 wisdom teeth removed. The dentist surgeon touched the nerves, and I lost sensations on the lower-left part under my lip (add this to 3 weeks eating smashed potatoes). Not a big deal, although when I eat rice there are always some remaining without me noticing it.

I know someone who went to the dentist to have surgery when he was 12. This year, he began to feel pain in his jaw, which led him to the hospital, disgnosis : a nice cyst on all the left part of the bottom jaw and the bone under (dunno its name).

Beat : surgery, they had to remove some part of the bone.
Brag : at first sight they talked about a tumor.
Variance : his bro also has had problems because of the same dentist.

ltb 10-03-2007 06:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
though retarded of him to ask you to pick the color yourself, it can actually be really difficult to match tooth shades, especially on front teeth.

[/ QUOTE ]

it's actually a very good idea for him to ask what color his patient wants. of course, the dentist should have a shade chosen before he asks the patient, but this ensures that the patient can't really complain about the restoration's color (which normally would lead to the dentist redoing the whole thing at no charge).

Big Rob Jr. 10-03-2007 07:30 PM

Wired jaw: 6 weeks< from 10-9-06 (day before my b-day) to end of Nov.
Beat: No real food
Beat: Mouth full of metal
Beat: No partying for B-day
Beat: Losing 30+ lbs. down to 150 @6'4"

dallas14 10-03-2007 10:00 PM

<--- Pre-Dental. eh

React1oN 10-03-2007 10:05 PM

A dentist raped my dog in front of me after performing a root canal on my sister.

blutarski 10-03-2007 10:18 PM

my wife moved to richmond (before we were married) the dentist dislocated her jaw and then made her drive herself to an oral surgeon to have it corrected. She couldn't talk and didn't know her way around the city.

vikefan24 10-03-2007 11:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

just make with the punchline man...the suspense is killing me...

[/ QUOTE ]

lol.. God I hope you are kidding.. Either way I still laughed at your reply

Funkert 10-04-2007 12:10 AM

beat: lost all the poker winnings i cashed out before summer to the dentist ($2k-ish)

he didnt do all that much, but my insurance turns out to be totally crap...... i have the ** extra extra dentist coverage, but it turns out that means [censored] all, and they told me that if u visit the dentist twice a year ur prolly better with the **** extra extra extra extra dental coverage.....

on that same note... my ipod 80 gb got stolen last week... my other insurance is advertised as "all included" but doesnt cover anything that got stolen without people breaking into my house....

life sux, i'm a become an emo now