Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Software (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   Really simple/easy request for a script, one minutes work (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=513750)

stigmata 10-02-2007 07:38 AM

Really simple/easy request for a script, one minutes work

There is a bug with PartyPoker in the latest version that the notes.txt file gets deleted/truncated.

We need a script that does this:

1) Copies the notes.txt file to a specified folder, and names it notes.datestamp-timestamp.txt
2) Starts party poker.

At least this way we can recover it, if it gets deleted again.

Phil153 10-02-2007 08:32 AM

Re: Really simple/easy request for a script, one minutes work

Copy paste the text into notepad. Save as a .bat file. Double click to run. The window will hang around until party is closed, someone else might be able to prevent this.

@echo off
IF NOT EXIST "%programfiles%\partygaming\partypoker\notes backup\" MKDIR "%programfiles%\partygaming\partypoker\notes backup\"

for /f "tokens=1-3 delims=/- " %%a in ('date /t') do set XDate=%%a-%%b-%%c
for /f "tokens=1-3 delims=: " %%a in ('time /t') do set XTime=%%a-%%b-%%c

IF EXIST "%programfiles%\partygaming\partypoker\notes.t xt" COPY "%programfiles%\partygaming\partypoker\notes.t xt" "%programfiles%\partygaming\partypoker\notes backup\notes.%XDate%_%XTime%.txt

cd %programfiles%\partygaming\

start partygaming.exe -P=PartyPoker

stigmata 10-02-2007 08:52 AM

That's great thanks, will try it later when I get home.

FionnMac 10-02-2007 09:26 AM

how does one save as a .bat file?

FionnMac 10-02-2007 09:29 AM

thanks for doing this btw Phil

Nymfh23 10-02-2007 12:22 PM

fabulous

PickyTooth 10-02-2007 01:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
how does one save as a .bat file?

[/ QUOTE ]

darksideofthewal 10-02-2007 01:59 PM

goto save
at "save as filetype" select "all"
save the file as whateveryouwannanameit.bat

tozzy 10-04-2007 11:13 AM

i changed programfiles to programme as im running a german windows and it keeps telling me it cant find partygaming.exe
hyahyhyhyhchchyhy

jukofyork 10-04-2007 11:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i changed programfiles to programme as im running a german windows and it keeps telling me it cant find partygaming.exe
hyahyhyhyhchchyhy

[/ QUOTE ]
Try changing them all to "progra~1" instead.

Juk [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

fooz 10-09-2007 02:07 PM

Is the problem just that the notes gets truncated/deleted? To me it seems that the notes are only getting written when party is closed normally. I've been playing all morning and watching my notes.txt file and the timestamp hasn't changed. It's still from a couple days ago.

I would think we need a script that copies the player notes from windows memory to a notes backup file, so if the program crashes (or we have to kill the process we don't lose our notes).

fooz 10-11-2007 02:06 PM

Hmmm. I may have found a workaround for the issue where your notes either don't save and/or get deleted or truncated.

You sometimes get that weird memory error when PartyPoker is closing. However I've noticed you don't always get the error message when your notes still fail to save. You may also experience (as I do) the behavior where PartyPoker will relaunch itself after you close it, and log you in! Very weird. I think you'll also see two "Partygaming.exe" processes running at the same time for this scenario to occur. Maybe this is why you get the memory error and notes.txt issue.

At least, if I close PartyPoker, let it relaunch itself, and THEN record a note on a player; it actually will save the note when I exit the application. I've only tried this once and will try some more, but I'd appreciate if anyone else can confirm this or a similar workaround - as it's VERY frustrating to lose all notes that I've collected for an entire session.