Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   NLDS: Game 1: Rockies at Phillies (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=513683)

punkass 10-02-2007 03:41 AM

NLDS: Game 1: Rockies at Phillies

Wednesday, 3pm (arrrrg, hate you MLB), TBS.

Jeff Francis (17-9, 4.22 ERA)
Cole Hamels (15-5, 3.39 ERA)

Can't wait, can't wait, can't wait!

Eurotrash 10-02-2007 04:08 AM

Re: NLDS: Game 1: Rockies at Phillies

Go Phils. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

craig 10-02-2007 05:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

About 12 hours ago, I really didn't care, but something in the COL threads made me become a HUGE PHI fan. And if PHI loses I will become a HUGE ARI fan (to be fair, other than wanting a WS in SD, I cannot imagine rooting for the padres and wanted ARI to win the NL anyways).

craig

Sluss 10-02-2007 08:21 AM

No work will be getting done for me as I scream at the 14" TV in the office.

The Rockies have a good team and are playing great. I think alot of runs will be scored in this series. This first game is going to be huge for both teams. Both really rely on their aces.

As I said in the other thread, COME ON PHILS!! Get lucky 1 time in 120 years!!

Nez477 10-02-2007 10:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

About 12 hours ago, I really didn't care, but something in the COL threads made me become a HUGE PHI fan. And if PHI loses I will become a HUGE ARI fan (to be fair, other than wanting a WS in SD, I cannot imagine rooting for the padres and wanted ARI to win the NL anyways).

craig

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sorry that the Rockies bandwagon is so hot

At least allow me to say, as the biggest Rockies fan on this forum (likely), that these Rockies are for real

Rox in 4

hoyasnaxa 10-02-2007 10:49 AM

LETS GO PHILLIES! CRUSH THESE BITCHES AND THEIR TRICERATOPS MASCOT.

Needle77 10-02-2007 10:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
LETS GO PHILLIES! CRUSH THESE BITCHES AND THEIR TRICERATOPS MASCOT.

[/ QUOTE ]

Seriously, what is that thing? It was spinning its head backwards and doing voodoo. I couldn't stop laughing everytime I saw that. If they were playing anyone but the Phils I'd root against them, its a no win situation for me.

Phils fans, watch out though, Holliday is a new "god" and is incapable of losing. Truth.

Mondogarage 10-02-2007 11:35 AM

Cue up Dids and Tuq and all the others talking trash about how the Rockies pretty much suck, and can't hit Peavy, and...oh, wait...about that...lol.

That stadium was LOUD last night. I'm just pissed I was only able to get tix for Game 3, not Game 4. Root for the Rox sweep.

Phillies have some big bats, and Hamels is scary good, but they better not be overlooking us.

PokerFink 10-02-2007 11:40 AM

PokerFink 10-02-2007 11:43 AM

Can't wait for the series to begin. ZOMG playoff baseball in Philadelphia!

And it comes at a perfect time, because with the Eagles stinking up the joint it would have been a brutal October.

NajdorfDefense 10-02-2007 11:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
No work will be getting done for me as I scream at the 14" TV in the office.

The Rockies have a good team and are playing great. I think alot of runs will be scored in this series. This first game is going to be huge for both teams. Both really rely on their aces.

As I said in the other thread, COME ON PHILS!! Get lucky 2 times in 120 years!!

[/ QUOTE ]

chim17 10-02-2007 12:09 PM

This is a pretty sweet series.. two of the hottest teams in baseball matching up. If the Rockies lose here I will be pulling for Phillies the rest of the way. This is gonna be a really fun series.

hoyasnaxa 10-02-2007 12:16 PM

As a Phillies fan, I would much rather have played the padres, but the rockies are so much cooler. If the Rockies beat the Phillies though I will eternally hate them.

prohornblower 10-02-2007 12:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

They won in 1980 brah.

Sluss 10-02-2007 01:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

They won in 1980 brah.

[/ QUOTE ]They were the best team in all of baseball that year. That's not getting lucky. That's just holding up. Three hall of famers. A great closer, one of the best defensive center fielders of all time.

.Alex. 10-02-2007 01:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
As a Phillies fan, I would much rather have played the padres, but the rockies are so much cooler. If the Rockies beat the Phillies though I will still root for them over the Cubs because I don't want another title-starved team to get there before us now that the Red and White Sox already won.

[/ QUOTE ]

EricLindros 10-02-2007 02:43 PM

I would have much preferred the Phils to face the Padres. Aside of the fact of them probably being the easier team to beat, I really hate having to watch Todd Helton and that squirrel attached to his face on my TV this week.

Cheap ripoff of someone elses' idea:

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a34...o-Phillies.jpg

g-bebe 10-02-2007 02:46 PM

PHI v. COL series captures quite possibly the best available collection of fantasy studs alive. after NYY v. CLE, I'm looking forward to this series the most.

as for people rooting for PHI even more due to COL's fans and recent success... you guys are serious homers

Nez477 10-02-2007 03:03 PM

Anyone know where/when playoff rosters are announced?

Eurotrash 10-02-2007 03:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I would have much preferred the Phils to face the Padres. Aside of the fact of them probably being the easier team to beat, I really hate having to watch Todd Helton and that squirrel attached to his face on my TV this week.

Cheap ripoff of someone elses' idea:

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a34...o-Phillies.jpg

[/ QUOTE ]

now this is a fantastic post. besides the fact that I agree with everything you said (especially the part about Helton), I was actually considering making the Phils version of the GO PHLY owl. you beat me to it, though. and it looks phenomenal.

MuresanForMVP 10-02-2007 03:14 PM

The Rockies fans on this board (didnt even know they existed lol) have really made me hate this team. The fact that I'm rooting for a team from Philadelphia is saying a lot.

Sluss 10-02-2007 03:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The Rockies fans on this board (didnt even know they existed lol) have really made me hate this team. The fact that I'm rooting for a team from Philadelphia is saying a lot.

[/ QUOTE ]The Phillies fans will piss you off soon enough. We're all [censored].

MuresanForMVP 10-02-2007 03:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]The Phillies fans will piss you off soon enough. We're all [censored].

[/ QUOTE ]

No doubt, I'm a Redskins fan too so I know what you guys are like. Still, go Phils and go Jimmy Rollins

Nez477 10-02-2007 03:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

There aren't any big Rockies fans other than me, Q-Bebe and Chim (as far as I'm concerned)

Read our posts not the bandwagoners, I'm pretty much an awesome baseball fan

MrFeelNothin 10-02-2007 04:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

There aren't any big Rockies fans other than me, Q-Bebe and Chim (as far as I'm concerned)

[/ QUOTE ]

I get no respect....

Mondogarage 10-02-2007 04:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I get no respect....

[/ QUOTE ]

Nez477 10-02-2007 04:29 PM

You guys may be aweomse and I just don't know it, but I felt alone for the last two months on the forum

Mondogarage 10-02-2007 04:41 PM

Well, I usually spend my time in MTT forums, and didn't even check into the sporting forum until a couple days ago. And I suck at avatars. But last night was my 9th game this year, which I think is pretty good support given I live 35 miles out of town and wifey works in Fort Not-So-Fun and has to haul ass down for the games...

Anyway, it's not a d!ck-shaking contest of who's the biggest fan, but they've been my team since they were awarded the franchise.

mrkilla 10-02-2007 04:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Go anyone but the Phils. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] u Euro

Eurotrash 10-02-2007 04:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

lol killa, didn't you guarantee me that the Phils wouldn't make the playoffs?

mrkilla 10-02-2007 04:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

lol killa, didn't you guarantee me that the Phils wouldn't make the playoffs?

[/ QUOTE ]
That was Jesus, are you calling Jesus a liar [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Sluss 10-02-2007 05:24 PM

Bleh, looks like the Orsillo/Simpson team that did last nights game will also be broadcasting this series. TBS Broadcast Teams For Euro's pleasure Ron Darling & Dick Stockton will be doing the D-Backs/Cubs.

And this interesting tid bit: [ QUOTE ]
TBS also will do something that might allow studio analyst Cal Ripken Jr. to add to his career stats. The graphic that creates a sort of rainbow to trace the arc of pitches on game replays will be superimposed in the studio so Ripken can take virtual cuts at pitches thrown in games.
"He'll be standing at a home plate with a bat," Behnke says. "Balls will come in just like at the games. It will be very real." In a vaguely hallucinatory way.

[/ QUOTE ]

NajdorfDefense 10-02-2007 05:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
As a Phillies fan, I would much rather have played the padres, but the rockies are so much cooler. If the Rockies beat the Phillies though I will still root for them over the Cubs because I don't want another title-starved team to get there before us now that the Red and White Sox already won.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

QFGDMFT.

MrFeelNothin 10-02-2007 05:29 PM

Sorry I couldn't give you emotional support, I was too busy with real life, and real life Rockies fans.

WFDeac 10-02-2007 06:42 PM

*XPost from Phillies thread*

Phillies NLDS Roster:

SP: Hamels, Kendrick, Moyer, Loshe
RP: Myers, Romero, Gordon, Alfonseca, Mesa, Condrey

C- Ruiz, Coste, Barajas
INF-Howard, Utley, Rollins, Dobbs, Helms, Iguchi, Nunez
OF-Victorino, Werth, Rowand, Burrell, Bourn

NOTES:

Geary apparently has an elbow issue and will be left off. He is likely to be added for NLCS is Phils make it.

Ruiz is "day-to-day." They added Barajas for this reason, also because this allows Charlie to use Coste as a pinch hitter.

Eaton and Roberson will remain with team and could be added in future rounds. If Ruiz plays the whole NLDS and turns out to be fine, look for Barajas to be dropped for Geary, Eaton, or Roberson.

IMPORTANT Note:

-Lohse will be in the bullpen games 1 and 2. Charlie will not be afraid to use him in 5th/6th inning if Cole and Kyle get knocked out early. If he does NOT pitches in either game, he will start game 3 in Colorado and be back in the bullpen for game 5. If he does pitch tomorrow or Thursday, Moyer will start game 3 and Loshe will likely pitch game 4.

Sluss 10-03-2007 02:40 PM

Wow Frank Thomas blows.

I'm starting to figure out this is going to be really hard to watch without beer. I'm already pacing like a caged tiger.

vhawk01 10-03-2007 02:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Wow Frank Thomas blows.

I'm starting to figure out this is going to be really hard to watch without beer. I'm already pacing like a caged tiger.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hahaha OMG can I get the "Bonds is on roids just look at his freaking dome" people to turn it to TBS right now kthx.

vhawk01 10-03-2007 03:02 PM

Its a momentum/cinderella ASPLOSION!

Eurotrash 10-03-2007 03:04 PM

Wow, did anybody just see that sick angle they showed on the play at home for Colorado? it was looking in from above the first base side at home plate.

Holliday didn't get anywhere NEAR the plate.

vhawk01 10-03-2007 03:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Wow, did anybody just see that sick angle they showed on the play at home for Colorado? it was looking in from above the first base side at home plate.

Holliday didn't get anywhere NEAR the plate.

[/ QUOTE ]

Haha I just dug up the "Did he touch home" thread to post this exact same thing. That was 100% definitive.