Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   The Lounge: Discussion+Review (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=65)
-   -   October Brent and Scott Thread (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=513118)

diebitter 10-01-2007 12:55 PM

October Brent and Scott Thread

Low content stuff here!

KilgoreTrout 10-01-2007 01:10 PM

Re: October Brent and Scott Thread

Who are Brent and Scott?

SL__72 10-01-2007 01:57 PM

Sorry for making what is essentially a blogpost (and it probably will be one) here, but I had long weekend:

Friday night

7pm: Matt's birthday. Meet at his house for drinks and food. Group of ~15 head to Williams in uptown for beer/darts/peanuts.
Brag: Bell's Two Hearted Ale on tap. Also had a Warsteiner.
Brag: Clutch 3-bullseye round to conclude a gutsy come from behind victory in Cricket rubber match. Possibly the greatest moment in darts history.
Beat: Drank too much?
Variance: One of the girls in the cab ride home is convinced there is a place in Africa called Jared. My new friend/our Ethiopian cab driver disagrees. Google also disagrees but says there are some people named Jared in Africa.

Saturday

9am: Wake up on Matt's couch. Nasty hangover.

9:30: Matt and I buy eggs/sausages/hashbrowns and make breakfast at Joe's condo.

11-12:30: Play madden, call cab.

1pm: standing outside in heavy rain and strong wind. Happy as can be because I am waiting to enter the
Autumn Beer Review.
Spend the next 5 hours drinking many many different beers. Rain ends for good by 3 and panchos are ditched.

6pm: cab back to Joe's, try to play Madden, pass out.

8:30: Wake up to find that someone made spaghetti!

9pm: Gasthof's for Octoberfest celebration. $5 for mug + $5 for fill doesn't sound attractive. Neither does drinking more beer anyway.

11pm: downtown Minneapolis. At another birthday party for a friend of a friend at Gluek's. Tired. Daydrunk is fun, nighthangover isn't. Sit outside by myself from 12-1:30 watching people come and go from more trendy place next door (Annex/Lonetree). I contemplate taking a bus home, but find current situation relaxing and surprisingly entertaining. Probably more fun then hanging out in the bar would have been, even if I had been feeling good and/or drinking. At some point a drunk girl comes out of the bar to smoke and explains to her friend how she loves Jesus and cigarettes.

2am: home for the first time since Friday.

3am: pass out

Sunday

9am: Up again. Shower, get dressed in Vikings attire.

9:30: Matt arrives at my house. We drive to Wayzata to pick up free Vikings tickets.

11am: find parking spot in Minneapolis (lol got lost in the suburbs)

12-3: Sit in 17th row, 50 yard line, great view of the Vikings losing [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] Applaud Favre for first time ever when he breaks the all-time TD record. Rewarded for staying until the end as the Vikings almost pull off a comeback as miraculous as my Friday darts triumph.

3:30: Walk back to car in pouring rain.

4:30: Finally home again. Check fantasy football, shower, eat.

5:15: Nap

6:15: Get up and dressed again. Manage to spray cologne in my eye.

6:30: Ride comes, go to Roy Wilkins for LCD Soundsystem and Arcade Fire.

7-10: Watch two awesome concerts.

10:30: Home again.

12: bedtime

I'm going to try and write up some reviews and a trip report of the Beer Tasting for the beer thread, but I forgot to bring a camera and didn't take any notes due to rain at the beginning and intoxication at the end, so it might be somewhat limited.

Dominic 10-01-2007 02:45 PM

I played poker and watched football. That is all.

Conspire 10-01-2007 03:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I played poker and browsed 2p2. That is all.

[/ QUOTE ]

Conspire 10-01-2007 03:41 PM

Also the government here in michigan where I just moved shut down for 4 hours earlier.

Kimbell175113 10-01-2007 03:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Who are Brent and Scott?

[/ QUOTE ]
Think about it.

For my blog entry addition to this thread:

I am an English major - and while that's not changing - I just recently decided to get a math minor, too, because I was thinking about high school and suddenly realized... I miss math.

It was weird.

John Cole 10-01-2007 05:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Think about it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Okay, I did.

SL__72 10-01-2007 05:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Think about it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Okay, I did.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it is referring to the characters from the two versions of The Office, Michael Scott and David Brent.

daveT 10-01-2007 05:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Think about it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Okay, I did.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it is referring to the characters from the two versions of The Office, Michael Scott and David Brent.

[/ QUOTE ]

Must be a great show.

At least I am "in" now.

Blarg 10-01-2007 06:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Variance: One of the girls in the cab ride home is convinced there is a place in Africa called Jared. My new friend/our Ethiopian cab driver disagrees. Google also disagrees but says there are some people named Jared in Africa.

[/ QUOTE ]

This seemed entirely random but cracked me up.

Kimbell175113 10-01-2007 06:59 PM

Jared is Chad's brother, I think.

diebitter 10-01-2007 07:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Who are Brent and Scott?

[/ QUOTE ]

http://www.pandasport.com/forum/uplo..._Brent_111.jpg

http://www.gallagher.com/blog/images/The_Office.jpg

pryor15 10-01-2007 10:05 PM

i watched the David Bowie episode of Extras, which was vintage Gervais

KilgoreTrout 10-02-2007 09:20 AM

Ah. Never seen the US version. UK version could not be outdone.

Fishwhenican 10-02-2007 11:09 AM

The rifle season for Antelope opens up Sunday with the rifle season for Deer and Elk opening up two weeks after that. I have been archery hunting a bit since the beginning of September but have had nothing close enough or not a clear enough shot to shoot anything with the bow. I am looking forward to being able to change the game a bit and drooling at the thought of marinated backstraps cooking on the grill rotisserie.

I loaded up some shells with different loads for my new Tikka 300 Winchester Short Mag last night and need to get to the range to test the new loads and come up with one that will work well. Need to load up some rounds for the 30-06 as well.

I LOVE fall. The days are cooler, the mornings are cool and crisp, the trees (with leaves) are starting to turn different colors and we have hunting and football!!!

MrWookie 10-02-2007 11:53 AM

Alright. My code compiles. Now for the real work to start.

entertainme 10-02-2007 01:34 PM

Daughters boyfriend got one bow hunting a week or two ago.

I've warned the Girl if she sticks with this guy she will never live in the city. (Not that there's anything wrong with that, as long as she realizes it going in.)

Mat Sklansky 10-02-2007 01:38 PM

Diebitter is leaving the lounge. He says the posters are too uptight and boring. He'd rather make scrotum sculptures in BBV4life.

Oh well.

katyseagull 10-02-2007 01:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That wasn't the real work? Now what do you have to do?

entertainme 10-02-2007 01:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Diebitter is leaving the lounge. He says the posters are too uptight and boring. He'd rather make scrotum sculptures in BBV4life.

Oh well.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are we projecting?

P.S. I've actually thought threads the last few weeks were pretty good, maybe because I'm not much of a filmie so I don't participate in those discussions much.

Mat Sklansky 10-02-2007 01:54 PM

The lounge is fine. Diebitter just outgrew it. He's got to find time for his "fingerpainting with feces" class. That's one of the offerings in bbv4life.

daveT 10-02-2007 02:17 PM

I thought this was joke, but okay.

MrWookie 10-02-2007 02:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That wasn't the real work? Now what do you have to do?

[/ QUOTE ]

So, I've written a couple thousand lines of code that's been integrated with 6-7 thousand more that I didn't write myself. In that code, I may have made anywhere from a few to a very large number of mistakes. By getting my code to compile, I have eliminated many of these: missing commas and parentheses, forgetting to close the code execution loops, misspelling a variable name in one place, forgetting to pass all the information to a subfunction that it needs to do its job, etc. These errors are all found automatically by the compiler, though. There's a whole bunch of logical errors and mathematical blunders I may have made where the code looks sensible to the compiler, but it either causes the computer to break or it doesn't give the result I want. There probably aren't a whole lot of these, but it only takes one to really foul things up. They're also much more difficult to track down, generally.

Blarg 10-02-2007 02:26 PM

That's a shame. He's been weaning himself off it for a while, though. His posting has slowed a lot. We'll miss ya, DB. I'm not sure what the attraction BB4L is, because only about 1 in 30 threads there isn't a complete waste, but oh well. I predict if DB leaves the lounge, he won't be long for 2+2 outside of strat forums.

Mat Sklansky 10-02-2007 02:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
That's a shame. He's been weaning himself off it for a while, though. His posting has slowed a lot. We'll miss ya, DB. I'm not sure what the attraction BB4L is, because only about 1 in 30 threads there isn't a complete waste, but oh well. I predict if DB leaves the lounge, he won't be long for 2+2 outside of strat forums.

[/ QUOTE ]

Introducing The new DB

MrWookie 10-02-2007 03:08 PM

Without DB to keep us in check, I think Katy and I are going to rebrand this as the ballroom dance forum.

Conspire 10-02-2007 03:14 PM

Looks like I need to start taking lessons.

diebitter 10-02-2007 03:17 PM

Will you have room for:

http://www.happyhunter.com/the_office.gif

Blarg 10-02-2007 03:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Introducing The new DB

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL, yeah, he's getting tired of the boards.

MrWookie 10-02-2007 03:21 PM

1, 2, 3, 1, 2, 3, 1, 2, 3, 1, 2, 3....

Slow, slow, quick-quick, slow, slow, quick-quick....

2, 3, cha cha cha, 2, 3, cha cha cha...

1, 2, triple step, 5, 6, triple step...

1 a-2, 3 a-4, 1 a-2, 3 a-4...

Conspire 10-02-2007 03:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The lounge is fine. Diebitter just outgrew it. He's got to find time for his "fingerpainting with feces" class. That's one of the offerings in bbv4life.

[/ QUOTE ]

I cant tell if DieBitter really wanted to leave or that you took away his modship of the lounge because he posts in BBV4L.

Conspire 10-02-2007 03:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
1, 2, 3, 1, 2, 3, 1, 2, 3, 1, 2, 3....

Slow, slow, quick-quick, slow, slow, quick-quick....

2, 3, cha cha cha, 2, 3, cha cha cha...

1, 2, triple step, 5, 6, triple step...

1 a-2, 3 a-4, 1 a-2, 3 a-4...

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmmm, seems complicated. I am gonna have to start with the funky chicken dance and slowly work myself up from there.

diebitter 10-02-2007 03:24 PM

The truth is I sent Mat a drunken post:

"MAKE ME PINK THE SAME COLOR AS KATY OR I QUIT, I'M NOT BLFUFIN, YA [censored]"

He wasn't bluffing either, obv.

absoludicrous 10-02-2007 03:35 PM

sl_72,

Minnesota...cool, I live in NE Minneapolis, about two blocks from Nye's.

So bothered that I missed the AF and LCD concert. I bet it was amazing. Are you going to the Pinback concert at the Fine Line on October 17th? I HIGHLY suggest you make this show. They are without a doubt my favorite band.

Check them out at www.pinback.com

entertainme 10-02-2007 03:47 PM

I've said it before, we need a 2p2 MN gathering. Kind of a shame we've pretty much missed decent weather to have it at a patio bar somewhere.

TBH, I'd feel strange if I was the only woman with a bunch of guys young enough to be my kids, but I'm game if Mrs. Utah will show.

Edit: Canterbury runs sng's Mon. and Thurs.

Or the Fall Classic runs Oct. 12-25, though I'm out of town for the last weekend. Bet there will be some out of state 2p2er's in for the events. I haven't had the nerve to show there yet. [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img] Live poker frightens me, especially knowing Poker Bob and Schneids might be there to report what a donk I am to 2p2. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Fishwhenican 10-02-2007 03:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Daughters boyfriend got one bow hunting a week or two ago.

I've warned the Girl if she sticks with this guy she will never live in the city. (Not that there's anything wrong with that, as long as she realizes it going in.)

[/ QUOTE ]

Good for him. That's Fantastic!

God, I can't really imagine living in a big city again. I mean it's OK for a little while on vacation or to go shopping or something but I just can't stand the thought of ever going back.

daveT 10-02-2007 04:42 PM

Speaking of living or not living in a big city, I am going to be moving out of LA later this month. Don't get me wrong, I do love it here, but I really need a vacation. So I am moving to a smaller city. I have been doing a bit of research on it.

I am going to stay in the Southern US because I am allergic to snow. I was looking at Santa Fe NM, but it is 7,000 feet up and dips down to 14 degrees. Eff that, obv. I am looking at Mobile, AL, and I think that is the place for the next 6 to 12 months.

Paradise to me is like what you see in the movies: A cheap motel with a fizzling neon, a gas station nearby, and nothing for the next 300 miles.

On a happier note. I have a friend who recently moved to NY from England. I plan to take a detour on my move and visit her.

katyseagull 10-02-2007 06:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Oh well.

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] My God, first Sniper and now Diebitter? we have bored them to death!! What is wrong with us? Bleh.

tuq 10-02-2007 06:18 PM

daveT,

Am I allowed to ask what you can do that you can just pick up and move halfway across the country on a whim? Poker?

I'm sure you saw the L.A. Happy Hour thread since you seem to post in this forum a lot. We would have been happy to have you but some folks (COUGH BLARG COUGH) seem to prefer our exchanges to be relegated to the internet.