Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   MTT Community (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   OT: High Stakes Fantasy Basketball -- Any Interest? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=512620)

09-30-2007 06:22 PM

OT: High Stakes Fantasy Basketball -- Any Interest?

Yes, I know it's the NBA and no one watches/cares about the NBA anymore... but fantasy is fantasy and being a degenerate gambler is still fun.

I know I'm in the minority, but fantasy basketball is my favorite fantasy sport, so I'm really excited for this season.

Just wanted to see if there was any general interest for this. I personally would like to make it as high stakes as people are willing to go, but let me know what buy-in league you'd most interested in. Also, I personally have no problem running it in Yahoo, but let me know if you have strong feelings one way or the other.

If we can get enough people for a $1K league, then I would very much be down for that.

09-30-2007 06:35 PM

Re: OT: High Stakes Fantasy Basketball -- Any Interest?

Initial thoughts regarding league settings:

League ID#: 46074
League Name: Two Plus Two
Password: pokernice
Custom League URL: http://basketball.fantasysports.yaho...gue/twoplustwo
Draft Type: Live Draft
Draft Time: Sat Oct 27 6:00pm EDT
Max Teams: 16
Scoring Type: Head-to-Head
Max Moves: No maximum
Max Trades: No maximum
Trade Reject Time: 2
Trade End Date: March 6, 2008
Waiver Time: 2 days
Can't Cut List Provider: Yahoo! Sports
Trade Review: Commissioner
Post Draft Players: Follow Waiver Rules
Weekly Deadline: Daily - Tomorrow
Start Scoring on: Week 1
Roster Positions: PG, SG, G, SF, PF, F, C, C, Util, Util, BN, BN, BN
Stat Categories: FG%, FT%, 3PTM, PTS, REB, AST, ST, BLK, TO

DAT MOOSE 09-30-2007 06:49 PM

im interested... and im fine w/ 1k buyin, but especially if you want 16 teams, i think you will get more interest with a $500 buyin... and those who want to gamble higher can place sidebets, etc..

ZBTHorton 09-30-2007 08:18 PM

I'd prob do a 500$ league. I'm a bit of a FF guru, but have never done Basketball, so I dunno if I'd wanna do 1K.

09-30-2007 09:32 PM

Also, I was talking to another 2p2er today about how to avoid having half the league lose interest mid-way through the season, and we came up with this...

The last-place team should have to pay some amount (maybe an additional buy-in amount) to the first place team at the end of the regular season. This way, it rewards the 1st place even if he doesn't win in the playoffs and keeps everyone still interested throughout the entire season.

Thoughts?

morello 10-01-2007 02:46 AM

I'm in for any amount. Standard draft is fine, but there is a good thread in the Sporting Events forum outlining an interesting keeper league setup, maybe people will be interested in that?

A_PLUS 10-01-2007 09:41 AM

I might be interested in this, depending on the buy-in. As you can tell from baseball I generally rule at fantasy sports, but basketball is pushing my limits.

10-01-2007 11:35 AM

APlus... I'm confident that skill can be applied to any fantasy sport, including fantasy sumo wrestling. I can spot natrual talent when I see it.

10-01-2007 04:03 PM

Alright, it seems we have enough interest at the $1K buy-in level, so let's go with that for now. We'll lower the buy-in when we hit a plateua to get new people to join, if necessary.

Feel free to start signing up if you're OK with all the details.

Regarding trade vetoes... are people OK with the commissioner deciding? My theory on trade vetoes are that, as long as the trade is not blatant collusion or someone clearly just giving up and not giving a [censored], they should be allowed. I hate leaving it up the a league vote because I find most people judge trades a lot harsher than is fair. Obviously the intent of a trade is to gain, so to veto it because you feel someone noticably gained from it seems counterinutitive. I'm open to suggestions though.

Lastly, whatever team finishes in last place will pay the amount of one buy-in to the team that finishes in first place after the regular season. Hopefully this will discourage people losing interest.

Signed up
KramerTM
EmpireMaker2
morello

Paid
KramerTM

If you want to get ahead, feel free to transfer $1K on PokerStars to LedStudent (New York). I'll also take personal checks too, if you prefer (PM me for details).

XXsooted 10-01-2007 05:25 PM

1k keeper league would be the nuts (but I'm down for nonkeeper too)

Exitonly 10-01-2007 05:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
As you can tell from baseball I generally rule at fantasy sports, but basketball is pushing my limits.

[/ QUOTE ]

10-01-2007 05:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
As you can tell from baseball I generally rule at fantasy sports, but basketball is pushing my limits.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You were a star in last year's fantasy basketball league... don't sell yourself short. You just happened to run bad by falling asleep exactly when the draft started. It happens.

10-01-2007 05:47 PM

Signed up
KramerTM
EmpireMaker2
morello
XXsooted

Paid
KramerTM
XXsooted

pokeriseasy 10-01-2007 06:26 PM

I would be down for this if either the max # of teams was reduced or the # of players on each is reduced. 16 teams with 13 players apiece just makes the teams way too diluded. That many teams and players would be like half the NBA. With that many players somebody would up having Nazr Mohammed on their team, and nobody wants that, lol.

10-01-2007 07:42 PM

Yeah, I never really intended for there to be 16 teams, and I doubt we get 16 interested people anyway. I think I'll change the league to 12 teams with the same number of players on each team.

Greenlight30 10-02-2007 12:42 PM

Id like to register. It is a 1k Re-Draft correct?

10-02-2007 01:14 PM

What do you mean by re-draft?

Sheehan024 10-02-2007 01:21 PM

Sign me up

Greenlight30 10-02-2007 01:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What do you mean by re-draft?

[/ QUOTE ]
1 Season (not a keeper).

10-02-2007 02:07 PM

Yeah, it's not a keeper league. If you're interested, sign-up for the league and send $1K to LedStudent on PokerStars.

10-03-2007 09:29 AM

Signed up
KramerTM
EmpireMaker2
morello
XXsooted
pokeriseasy

Paid
KramerTM
XXsooted
pokeriseasy

Still need money from EmpireMaker2 and morello.

If we don't hit like 8-10 people by this weekend, I'll lower the buy-in because I already have like 3 other people who would be willing to play for $500-$700, so the league will definitely happen.

For everyone else who is interested... step up and join.

10-03-2007 09:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Sign me up

[/ QUOTE ]

Custom League URL: http://basketball.fantasysports.yaho...gue/twoplustwo

Then ship $1,000 to LedStudent on PokerStars and shoot me a PM with your info.

10-04-2007 12:40 AM

Signed up
KramerTM
EmpireMaker2
morello
XXsooted
pokeriseasy
DAT MOOSE

Paid
KramerTM
XXsooted
pokeriseasy

Still need money from EmpireMaker2, morello, and DAT MOOSE

Looks like this league is going to happen, so everyone who said they were interested, come on and sign up.

McShove 10-04-2007 01:13 AM

anyone who knows anything want to go in on this with me? i'm too lazy to do research etc but i wanna gamble/have players to cheer for.

McShove 10-04-2007 01:30 AM

ok z32 agreed to go in on this with me. we will be playing/drafting on the name z32fanatic. I'm dealing with the $ stuff tho, so Kramer, I just sent you 1k.

GSykes 10-04-2007 02:10 AM

Will Justin be grimming people in this one?

10-04-2007 12:27 PM

Signed up
KramerTM
EmpireMaker2
morello
XXsooted
pokeriseasy
DAT MOOSE

Paid
KramerTM
XXsooted
pokeriseasy
morello
McShove

**Still need money from: EmpireMaker2 and DAT MOOSE
**Still need to register for league: McShove

We basically need 3 more people guranteed to make the league a go, though 5 would be ideal. I'll start begging people I know, but you guys do the same.

10-04-2007 12:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Will Justin be grimming people in this one?

[/ QUOTE ]

*yawn*

wanna sign up though?

pokeriseasy 10-04-2007 01:31 PM

I still can't login to the league page.

10-04-2007 02:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I still can't login to the league page.

[/ QUOTE ]

Try going to: http://basketball.fantasysports.yahoo.com/nba and clicking "Join Custom League"

League ID#: 46074
League Name: Two Plus Two
Password: pokernice

edit: Also, I assumed that the team named joey corkins was yours. Who's team is that then?

stealthmunk 10-04-2007 02:27 PM

i'm prob in, give me a day.

pokeriseasy 10-04-2007 02:38 PM

I signed up, I don't know who Joey Corkins is but my team is Who's Coming in 2nd?.

10-04-2007 05:14 PM

Signed up
KramerTM
EmpireMaker2
morello
XXsooted
pokeriseasy
DAT MOOSE
McShove

Paid
KramerTM
XXsooted
pokeriseasy
morello
McShove

**Still need money from: EmpireMaker2 and DAT MOOSE

10-04-2007 05:26 PM

Also, just wanted to reiterate that we will be instituting this special rule to the league. I assume we can trust that people in the league will fulfill it, just like we would trust they would honor a prop bet.

<font color="red">Special League Rule:</font> Whichever team places in last place will pay the first place team $1K at the end of the regular season. This is meant to discourage any "losing interest" midway through the season.

CharlieDontSurf 10-04-2007 06:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Also, just wanted to reiterate that we will be instituting this special rule to the league. I assume we can trust that people in the league will fulfill it, just like we would trust they would honor a prop bet.

<font color="red">Special League Rule:</font> Whichever team places in last place will pay the first place team $1K at the end of the regular season. This is meant to discourage any "losing interest" midway through the season.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is an awesome rule Kramer

10-05-2007 04:36 AM

League now changed to roto.

Signed up
KramerTM
EmpireMaker2
morello
XXsooted
pokeriseasy
DAT MOOSE
McShove
odawg09090

Paid
KramerTM
XXsooted
pokeriseasy
morello
McShove
odawg09090

10-06-2007 03:47 AM

OK, so I kinda lost track of which team corresponds to which 2+2er. Right now we have 9 people registered (1 of which will be dropping out because of draft date conflicts), and only 6 people paid.

Some of the teams I can match-up to a 2+2er, but here are the list of ones I'm not sure about. If one of these is your teams, let me know:

Daggggger
joey corkins
SNGIcons
Who's coming in 2nd?

Also, if you signed up and didn't pay yet... let's get a move on here.

At least 14 people have contacted me with interest, so this really shouldn't be a problem to get 12 teams finalized.

McShove 10-06-2007 03:58 AM

super drunk but... SNGIcons is me and Z32, you should have already seen $ from McShove. As far as I know we have not acutally signed up for a team. Far too drunk to do it right now.

10-06-2007 04:17 AM

Dear drunko,

You have signed up for a team and you've also paid your money. Just didn't know that team was yours.

XXsooted 10-07-2007 07:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If one of these is your teams, let me know:

Daggggger
joey corkins
SNGIcons
Who's coming in 2nd?

[/ QUOTE ]

in a post above pokeriseasy said who's coming in 2nd was his team.

Also you mentioned that some people wanted to play a league if the buyin was reduced. I'd be down to multitable fantasy basketball leagues with those people if there's enough interest.

edit: typo