Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   High Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Hand Against Rugby: 100/200. I'm not telling you what I have yet (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=512552)

FoxwoodsFiend 09-30-2007 04:33 PM

Hand Against Rugby: 100/200. I\'m not telling you what I have yet

We're both about 24k deep at 100/200. I open XX to 700 he calls in BB. I've been reraising pretty light and probably seem very aggro but he only has 15 minutes at the table so don't know what he thinks of me.

Flop (1500): A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
He check calls 800
Turn: 8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
Check/check
River: T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
He checks I bet 3000 he c/r to 12000 with 10k behind. What's your minimum calling hand?

stephenNUTS 09-30-2007 04:49 PM

Re: Hand Against Rugby: 100/200. I\'m not telling you what I have yet

LOL
Now THIS is a retarded post.First for playing Brian HU(nice game selection),and then for asking a ridiculous question that I dont know who can answer CORRECTLY!

NLSoldier 09-30-2007 04:52 PM

I think you have QJ and should fold, call with a flush. also, how many handed is this? i assumed it wasnt HU.

king_of_drafts 09-30-2007 04:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
LOL
Now THIS is a retarded post.First for playing Brian HU(nice game selection),and then for asking a ridiculous question that I dont know who can answer CORRECTLY!

[/ QUOTE ]

He's not HU...

stephenNUTS 09-30-2007 05:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
LOL

[/ QUOTE ]

He's not HU...

[/ QUOTE ]

OK
I apologize,as there was more to it prior with FF with my own jackass reply [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

jfish 09-30-2007 05:05 PM

i would call with 6x, maybe 2pairs. i dont know brian though, and this is assuming somebody with less balanced ranges.

Mark1808 09-30-2007 05:08 PM

You obv don't have a flush and he obv knows that so this seems like a great spot to bluff or get you off a split with a J. I'd also expect him to play a flush like this if he was mixing it up by playing the draw passive. I don't think this is a bluff enough times to make calling with just a J good, I think QJos is the worst to call with.

FoxwoodsFiend 09-30-2007 05:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You obv don't have a flush and he obv knows that

[/ QUOTE ]

this is very wrong

FoxwoodsFiend 09-30-2007 05:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
LOL

[/ QUOTE ]

are you really calling me retarded for playing HU when I'm not playing HU and for posting a hand that's tough instead of easy? i'm surprised you still post: you make yourself look like a moron all the time. you never get embarrassed thinking about all your past posts?

FoxwoodsFiend 09-30-2007 05:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i would call with 6x, maybe 2pairs. i dont know brian though, and this is assuming somebody with less balanced ranges.

[/ QUOTE ]

so basically he has a flush or nothing is what you're trying to say?

jfish 09-30-2007 05:38 PM

something like that, i think he has a made hand turned into a bluff more than anything. i dont see the logic in wanting to c/r this river with a big hand considering it will get checked behind a lot -- and even if you do bet this river, how often are you actually calling a c/r?

23act 09-30-2007 05:42 PM

assuming BT plays like how he prescribes in his cr vids, he won't c w/ 77 in the BB. he also doesn't c pf with sc's. 99 is a tossup. AJ he switches bet calling and raising

since he raises the flop or leads the turn with 99 like all the time it leaves.... mostly AJ and a few flushes

given his bb pf range, only hand i can think of that gets to teh river and decides to bluff might be TT?

ye i think this all makes any J a call

soah 09-30-2007 06:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
LOL

[/ QUOTE ]

are you really calling me retarded for playing HU when I'm not playing HU and for posting a hand that's tough instead of easy? i'm surprised you still post: you make yourself look like a moron all the time. you never get embarrassed thinking about all your past posts?

[/ QUOTE ]

the retarded thing is still not having him on your ignore list =p

Kirkrrr 09-30-2007 06:14 PM

Once you check behind on the turn he pretty much knows you have nothing the majority of the time and the river is a perfect card for you to take another stab at the pot, so I'd actually give him a lot of credit here since, given how the hand played out, you'll almost never have a calling hand that you won't bet yourself if checked to... I'm def calling with a flush and probably a J as a bluff catcher.
I also think the "what minimum hands you need" is a weird question since I don't see you v-betting those hands on the river that much anyway.. I check behind 2-pair type hands on that board vs a player of aba's caliber.

Kirk

Ansky 09-30-2007 06:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Once you check behind on the turn he pretty much knows you have nothing the majority of the time

[/ QUOTE ]

what the hell? this is so obviously false.

Prevaricator 09-30-2007 06:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You obv don't have a flush and he obv knows that so this seems like a great spot to bluff or get you off a split with a J

[/ QUOTE ]

this is also obviously false.

Kirkrrr 09-30-2007 06:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Once you check behind on the turn he pretty much knows you have nothing the majority of the time

[/ QUOTE ]

what the hell? this is so obviously false.

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree. Every draw on the planet is on that board on the turn and one gutshot made it, so if FWF actually had a big hand I think he'd just insta pot it as "checking for deception" seems pretty atrocious... once he checks, though, he either doesn't have anything, is on a draw, or has some weak'ish hand that he's not willing to keep betting. Please explain how that is "so obviously false."

Kirk

EmpireMaker2 09-30-2007 06:29 PM

It seems like he is bluffing unless he has a low flush......Id prob call with 6x+ set+

riverboatking 09-30-2007 06:29 PM

i think you guys are interpreting the turn action wrong.
i think the fact that FWF chks behind on turn makes his hand stronger.
if he had air i think he fires again, given his turn check i would give his range to be either a big ace playing pot control or some kind of decent draw like QJdd etc...therefore i really dont think its a good spot for aba to CR bluff.

i think i would call with QJ min.
but i think he (aba)has a flush here a pretty decent %.

Hattifnatt 09-30-2007 06:39 PM

how many players and what position you opened from seems like relevant info.

sapol 09-30-2007 06:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

agree every single word

stephenNUTS 09-30-2007 07:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
LOL

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If you read my 2nd post above...it will make sense FWF

If not ..then I look foward to meeting you as you requested in the other thread, at the USPC M/E Tuesday.

If I dont make it I will most DEF. be at Foxwoods next month for the entire series to discuss those posts.

~stephen feraca [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

EC10 09-30-2007 07:22 PM

rbk's post is real good

JooWish622 09-30-2007 09:39 PM

pair of 8s

BobboFitos 10-01-2007 12:42 AM

King high

SlowHabit 10-01-2007 12:50 AM

The question you should ask is what hand should you call against Rugbeee's check-raise so that Building Sweaters won't be disappointed.

Isura 10-01-2007 01:26 AM

Some people have to realize that srubgy can't see our cards most of the time.. I think he has a flush a lot, and the A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] like 90% of the time he decides to bluff. I'd call with QJ, and somewhere between 0 and 50% with a J.

Rap Mogul 10-01-2007 01:30 AM

It seems like OP would check behind lots of draws on the turn, along with weakish made hands, maybe as strong as AK-AT, or something like J9, 96, etc..... just about all of these hands got there on the river in one way or another. So in aba's mind it's extremely likely that this river bet is one of three things:
- An attempt to squeeze out some thin value with a 6, AT, TT
- A strong v-bet with J or flush
- Total bluff

I suppose he thinks that you have to fold anything short of a flush because his line looks alot like a deceptively played flush draw. As we know brian loves stealing pots so this seems like a really good spot to represent a flush when he knows that your range is so balanced against you having one. I think you call with your entire river value betting range.

Lefort 10-01-2007 01:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i think you guys are interpreting the turn action wrong.
i think the fact that FWF chks behind on turn makes his hand stronger.
if he had air i think he fires again, given his turn check i would give his range to be either a big ace playing pot control or some kind of decent draw like QJdd etc...therefore i really dont think its a good spot for aba to CR bluff.

[/ QUOTE ]

ding ding ding

DJ Sensei 10-01-2007 02:13 AM

I suspect brian's likely to pull this c/r with a wide range, because we will presumably bet the river a ton ourselves, both for thin value and as a bluff. But it's a pretty big c/r (way bigger than he needs to get you off of a bluff), so I expect his hand to be stronger. I'm hesitant to call with much weaker than QJ.

I also think a bluffshove would be sick, but i'm not sure if he'd fold QJ or small flush or not. Probably not if you've been getting out of line at all.

NLSoldier 10-01-2007 02:47 AM

a decent number of you are advocating QJ as a call but Jx as a fold...you really think aba is value CRing a jack that often and that large on this river? maybe this is too simplisitic for 1/2 but if he is value CRing a jack he is trying to get called by 6x or 2 pr or worse, so it seems like he would make it a little smaller, whereas with a flush he is trying to get called by a jack and thus will think he can CR a little bigger. thus i think his range is somewhat polarized toward flushes or bluffs and dont see much diff between QJ and Jx unless you think the chances of chopping with QJ (since he could also make the bigger CR with QJ hoping we have jx) are enough to make QJ a call.

sapol 10-01-2007 03:11 AM

FF, with all due respect (which you clearly deserve) why are you playing Brian heads up? (I know your game is 10/20 and 25/50 so why play such a strong player at a higher than usual game?)

jmill2511 10-01-2007 03:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
FF, with all due respect (which you clearly deserve) why are you playing Brian heads up? (I know your game is 10/20 and 25/50 so why play such a strong player at a higher than usual game?)

[/ QUOTE ]

This has to be a level. Right?

xxThe_Lebowskixx 10-01-2007 04:22 AM

id call with a jack i guess.

Phresh 10-01-2007 04:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This question is so [censored] annoying. What do you think he'll say? He thinks he's going to get killed Vs. Rugby? He obviously knows who Rugby is and he chose to sat in this game anyway. STFU.

mungpo 10-01-2007 05:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Can you stop sucking on Brian's balls?

TxRedMan 10-01-2007 10:21 AM

i think this might be one of those spots where you're going to be -EV regardless of your holding over the long run. like his bluffing frequency is such that you're paying off a better hand so often when you do get to showdown with better it wont offset the times you dont.

imho this is a spot where you have to be able to make incredible reads to play it profitably.

i'm really curious to see what you v-bet/bluffed with on that river.

tough [censored] spot. if i had to assign a minimum hand, i'd say call with 2s3s.

sapol 10-01-2007 11:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This question is so [censored] annoying. What do you think he'll say? He thinks he's going to get killed Vs. Rugby? He obviously knows who Rugby is and he chose to sat in this game anyway. STFU.

[/ QUOTE ]

1. Be respectful. If you donīt like my question donīt answer it. I didn't ask you anyways.
2. You didn't contribute anything to the OP. Why don't you say what you think about the hand instead of being a douche?

sapol 10-01-2007 11:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So basically you don't agree that BT is a strong player in NLHE heads up. okay.

Astyanax 10-01-2007 12:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So basically you don't agree that BT is a strong player in NLHE heads up. okay.

[/ QUOTE ]

No one cares about these statements like whether jman is '+ev' against ivey (lol). I think Tx's post is superb although I have no idea what he is talking about.

Stephen Feraca [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

oh wait