Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Televised Poker (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   Is Phil Laak tripping on acid? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=511741)

bornsupreme 09-29-2007 03:25 AM

Is Phil Laak tripping on acid?

Anyone see the heads up on PAD he was insane!!!! Hes been annoying of late or lots but I had to laugh at him running around tonight its the same Phil antics but I was online had to stop and laugh comments on him tonight?

john voight 09-29-2007 03:57 AM

Re: Is Phil Laak tripping on acid?

thanks for making a [censored] thread AND including a spoiler in it

bornsupreme 09-29-2007 04:19 AM

Whats spoiled its sat. morning you the only one up?? plus I didnt say who won? Stop being the troll?

KSOT 09-29-2007 06:14 AM

The show just finished here on the west coast.

chipwiz 09-29-2007 07:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Phil Laak being annoying is a spoiler?

Injection 09-29-2007 08:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Phil Laak being annoying is a spoiler?

[/ QUOTE ]

OP said "HU", so obv Laak folds his way to the deal-making stage.

Also, learn to breathe when making OP's.

Eponymous 09-29-2007 10:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Whats spoiled its sat. morning you the only one up?? plus I didnt say who won? Stop being the troll?

[/ QUOTE ]
I have the whole week on tivo, and now I know that Laak makes it to the final two. It's really going to take the suspense out of when they're down to three handed.

please.muck 09-29-2007 10:21 AM

anyone that doesnt find him insanely annoying is tripping

EWS87 09-29-2007 10:50 AM

this spoiler because [censored] crack me up...then dont go on a forum about televised poker you idiots seems simple enough

Chilltown 09-29-2007 11:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Your own fault for reading it before watching the show. It's a TV poker forum, he's on PAD this week...either move to the other side of the country or learn to wait before opening every new thread.

BigSoonerFan 09-29-2007 11:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Your own fault for reading it before watching the show. It's a TV poker forum, he's on PAD this week...either move to the other side of the country or learn to wait before opening every new thread.

[/ QUOTE ]

No doubt. These whining spoiler posts are annoying. If it's that important to you, then (A) don't read the Televised Poker section and (B) certainly don't open any threads that may have anything to do with what you recorded.

JereLock 09-29-2007 07:31 PM

What exactly is spoiled? The great suspense that televised poker holds on who's going to win? Do you only watch poker to find out who won? It's like any sport, you watch it for the game...

Eponymous 09-29-2007 07:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
this spoiler because [censored] crack me up...then dont go on a forum about televised poker you idiots seems simple enough

[/ QUOTE ]

There are other poker on tv topics, and this thread simply said "Is Phil Laak tripping on acid?" I know better than to open the PAD threads until I've caught up with PAD.

You're the idiot for thinking there's only your way to read the forums and no other.

Eponymous 09-29-2007 07:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What exactly is spoiled? The great suspense that televised poker holds on who's going to win? Do you only watch poker to find out who won? It's like any sport, you watch it for the game...

[/ QUOTE ]

You're right, sports are every bit as suspenseful and exciting when you know who is going to win. Isn't it stupid when someone says don't tell me the score of the game because I have it recorded? In fact, they should show all sports on tape and tell us the score in advance so we don't have to worry about who wins. Then we can just "watch it for the game." Brilliant.

What's even more funny than people complaining about spoilers is people saying all kinds of illogical crap just so they can pile on. Do any of you really believe anything you say in your posts?

SickHands 09-29-2007 08:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I know better than to open the PAD threads until I've caught up with PAD.

[/ QUOTE ]
Did you know Phil Laak was playing this week's PAD? Or were you thinking OP might have been referring to another program that was on this week which you had already seen?

pendragon 09-29-2007 10:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
There are other poker on tv topics, and this thread simply said "Is Phil Laak tripping on acid?" I know better than to open the PAD threads until I've caught up with PAD.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah, the people complaining about spoiler whining here don't have much to stand on. People could be coming to the TV poker forum for all sorts of stuff, and there's no way to tell they'd be spoiled for PAD here.

It's a pretty minor spoiler and I wouldn't jump all over the topic creator for it, but there should be a spoiler warning here. Or at least some mention of PAD week of whatever in the topic title.
[ QUOTE ]
Isn't it stupid when someone says don't tell me the score of the game because I have it recorded?

[/ QUOTE ]
Well actually I do think that's a bit silly, because watching actual sports not-live doesn't make sense to me, but hey [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Not all that relevant regardless.

JDesab 09-29-2007 11:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You're right, sports are every bit as suspenseful and exciting when you know who is going to win. Isn't it stupid when someone says don't tell me the score of the game because I have it recorded? In fact, they should show all sports on tape and tell us the score in advance so we don't have to worry about who wins. Then we can just "watch it for the game." Brilliant.

What's even more funny than people complaining about spoilers is people saying all kinds of illogical crap just so they can pile on. Do any of you really believe anything you say in your posts?

[/ QUOTE ]

what is truly unbelievable is that you think you have a right to post and criticize the OP for what he wrote... are you truly convinced that you are important enough that the OP should apologize to you for runing your suspense.

NuklearWinter 09-29-2007 11:29 PM

http://home.san.rr.com/gerryspage/who%20cares.jpg

Chilltown 09-29-2007 11:44 PM

OP'S have feelings too. Calling us ops hurts.

Ted_Thompson 09-30-2007 01:44 AM

I used to like Phil Laak. I officially got sick of his annoying personality during this past week's PAD.
(his shtick is so tired--especially with Antonio...)

Foghatlive 09-30-2007 01:48 AM

Laak is on a drug called, "The Camera."

I don't know him, but I'll bet he's a lot more relaxed when he's not on TV.

pig4bill 09-30-2007 02:57 AM

Not from what I've seen.

M4TT 09-30-2007 05:51 AM

Laak: "You should let them see... for the future!"

Haha

Hotel Detect 09-30-2007 06:58 AM

It is hilarious... I am watching PAD on my laptop and my gf starts laughing hysterically at Laaks antics about the future. I ask her what's she laughing at and she's just like "that guy... he is so $&*@ing annoying!"

RandomUser 09-30-2007 10:36 AM

<spoiler>

Karma is a bitch, and Karma hates Phil Laak's antics as much as we do. That last hand was AWESOME.

</spoiler.>

The B 09-30-2007 11:49 AM

nit who tries to hard...STFU and quit [censored] touchin' everybody

Foghatlive 09-30-2007 12:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
<spoiler>

Karma is a bitch, and Karma hates Phil Laak's antics as much as we do. That last hand was AWESOME.

</spoiler.>

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL

It speaks volumes about Laak that the majority of the audience was rooting for The Sheik, a guy who refers to himself in the 3rd person.

The only thing that could make this better is that Jennifer Tilly is so disgusted with Laak's behavior on the show that she dumps him.

remski 09-30-2007 12:40 PM

phil laak is awesome, get over it

Eponymous 09-30-2007 12:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I know better than to open the PAD threads until I've caught up with PAD.

[/ QUOTE ]
Did you know Phil Laak was playing this week's PAD? Or were you thinking OP might have been referring to another program that was on this week which you had already seen?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, I didn't know what the line-up was. I wasn't able to watch it at all yet this week. He's been on HSP recently, and it easily could have been about that, or just the fact that he always acts like he's tripping on acid.

Eponymous 09-30-2007 12:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

what is truly unbelievable is that you think you have a right to post and criticize the OP for what he wrote... are you truly convinced that you are important enough that the OP should apologize to you for runing your suspense.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you'll notice, I never criticized the OP once, and I never asked him to apologize. In fact, I never took issue with him. I explained to him why people might complain about spoilers, since I also didn't know the outcome of this. Then I complained about all the whining about people pointing out that spoilers should be noted in the thread title or at least at the start of a post. So if somehow that makes me think I'm more important than anyone, I guess I'd say I'm more important than those who can't follow the discussion and throw insults around when others are trying to have a civil discussion.

TheWorm967 10-01-2007 12:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
phil laak is awesome, get over it

[/ QUOTE ]

Photoc 10-01-2007 12:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]

It speaks volumes about Laak that the majority of the audience was rooting for The Sheik, a guy who refers to himself in the 3rd person.

The only thing that could make this better is that Jennifer Tilly is so disgusted with Laak's behavior on the show that she dumps him.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, but the Sheik wasn't annoying whatsoever, hardly talked much at all really. He seemed in a different zone for once and actually played quite well while in said zone.

Laak's new nickname: The Peacemaker!

And yes, he was quite douchey the last two episodes.

Leibniz 10-01-2007 02:50 AM

I was getting annoyed when he kept asking if they were into Friday yet. But that isn't so much about him. I just wish the production wouldn't try to pretend that these poker players come in, once a day, for 5 days to play. Do they think the audience is that dim? That we just accept that the players come in, with the same clothes on for 5 days straight?

It's just like on HSP where they act like the comments from the booth are happening as the action takes place. Obviously all the commentary is done in post-production. I don't know why they aren't just upfront about that fact, instead of trying to make it out to be differently. It's not as if it makes any difference in the show.

Photoc 10-01-2007 01:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Do they think the audience is that dim? That we just accept that the players come in, with the same clothes on for 5 days straight?

[/ QUOTE ]

Come spend some time in a local cardroom, lol. Happens all the time!

buddypup 10-01-2007 04:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

shut up moron. i hate you internet nerds

Leibniz 10-01-2007 06:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Do they think the audience is that dim? That we just accept that the players come in, with the same clothes on for 5 days straight?

[/ QUOTE ]
Come spend some time in a local cardroom, lol. Happens all the time!

[/ QUOTE ]

Hah! You're right. Touche!

gisb0rne 10-01-2007 06:21 PM

Phil Laak is several orders of magnitude less annoying than Humberto Brenes or Hevad Khan.

bornsupreme 10-01-2007 06:30 PM

Ya Phil doesnt dance or sing and play the crowd when he bad beats somebody. Kahn and Humberto dont seem to care as long as camera or crowd is around.

Dima2000123 10-01-2007 08:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Phil Laak is several orders of magnitude less annoying than Humberto Brenes or Hevad Khan.

[/ QUOTE ]
That's like saying that herpes is less annoying than AIDS. That may be true, but I'd prefer to have neither.

JDesab 10-02-2007 12:52 AM

I'd much rather play at a table with ONE phil laak than at a table filled with sbrugby's or paul wassicka's, even john juanda's. he comes across to me as genuine. i don't believe he acts for the camera, if anything he acts for the guys at the table with him. i have a feeling that if you wandered into the bike while he's playing you'd find similar behavior. in fact if you watch live at the bike you'll see the same behavior. i'm sure that many would say he's acting for those webcast camera's. do you really think that he can turn it on and off? do you really think that he's not just being himself? He treats every player at the table with respect and kindness. then again maybe i'm not so attentive since i miss all the angle shooting he's accused of. either way, he's the unabomber. he's currently a huge part of the poker world and i don't think that's going to change any time soon. in fact, don't be surprised if they give away unabomber bobble head dolls to the spectators at one of the wsop events next year. he's that huge!