Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro Stakes Limit (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   preflop quiz... (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=51152)

milesdyson 03-02-2006 10:35 PM

preflop quiz...

let's say you just sat at a table. i dont know. it's 0.5/1. everyone is like 30-50/0-10. avg of about 40/8. very typical i must say.

anyway clearly this is because i saw like a ton of crazy stuff today. i was at work yelling, "CMON DUDES" so everone was like "Wtf?"

1. UTG raises, 2 coldcalls + SB calls, you're in the BB with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] getting 9:1 to see a flop.

2. three limps to you in the cutoff with Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].

3. two limpers to you in the SB with 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].

4. two limps to you in UTG+2 with T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].

5. one limp to you on the button with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].

6. UTG raises, one coldcall, you're in the cutoff with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].

7. it folds to button who steals a lot (he's 40/15 or something so he's the laggiest fellow at the table). you're SB with 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].

8. two limps to you on the button with Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].

9. MP open raises. 4 people coldcall. SB calls. you have 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] in the BB.

10. 7 limpers wtf? you're SB with 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].

BONUS OMG POSTFLOP QUESTION
X. you see a free flop with T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. 7 people see a flop of 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. you bet, 3 folds, MP raises, Button coldcalls, 1 fold.

YOUR MOVE FABRITZIO.

loyalguard 03-02-2006 10:41 PM

Re: preflop quiz...

Preface: It's 2:40 am here and I've been up for 21 hours.

1. Fold
2. Fold
3. Fold
4. Fold
5. Raise
6. Fold
7. Raise
8. Raise
9. Fold
10. Fold
X. Call

Edit: I've been playing too much 6-max

bennyhana 03-02-2006 10:42 PM

1. fold, not good enough for me
2. raise, buy the button and take control of the hand
3. call, easy
4. fold, meh, I'm on the fence here, in this loose of a game it might be worth it, depends on the preflop agg.
5. raise, duh
6. 3-bet, trap the cold caller, extra reads would help on UTG
7. 3-bet, duh
8. raise, see 2.
9. call, big pot, easy to drop, me likey.
10. call, see 9.
X: call

Leobzook 03-02-2006 10:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]

1. UTG raises, 2 coldcalls + SB calls, you're in the BB with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] getting 9:1 to see a flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

fold

[ QUOTE ]

2. three limps to you in the cutoff with Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].

[/ QUOTE ]

call

[ QUOTE ]

3. two limpers to you in the SB with 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].

[/ QUOTE ]
call

[ QUOTE ]

4. two limps to you in UTG+2 with T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].

[/ QUOTE ]

call

[ QUOTE ]

5. one limp to you on the button with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].

[/ QUOTE ]

raise

[ QUOTE ]

6. UTG raises, one coldcall, you're in the cutoff with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].

[/ QUOTE ]

fold

[ QUOTE ]

7. it folds to button who steals a lot (he's 40/15 or something so he's the laggiest fellow at the table). you're SB with 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].

[/ QUOTE ]

raise

[ QUOTE ]

8. two limps to you on the button with Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].

[/ QUOTE ]

raise

[ QUOTE ]

9. MP open raises. 4 people coldcall. SB calls. you have 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] in the BB.

[/ QUOTE ]

call

[ QUOTE ]

10. 7 limpers wtf? you're SB with 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].

[/ QUOTE ]

call

[Qquote]
X. you see a free flop with T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. 7 people see a flop of 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. you bet, 3 folds, MP raises, Button coldcalls, 1 fold.

YOUR MOVE FABRITZIO.

[/ QUOTE ]

call

MacGuyV 03-02-2006 10:45 PM

1. Call
2. Call
3. Call
4. Call
5. Raise
6. Fold
7. 3bet
8. Raise
9. Call
10. Call
Bonus - Call
I thought you hated preflop. Wait, I thought I hated preflop. Well I'm pissed cause SU is getting mauled by Depaul, WTF?

tehox 03-02-2006 10:54 PM

I'll grunch this b/c my preflop play sucks

1 fold
2 call
3 call
4 fold
5 raise
6 fold
7 raise
8 raise
9 fold
10 call

bonus call

Gib 03-02-2006 11:12 PM

This is a great idea,

Here's my shot at it:

1. fold
2. sometimes I raise (to buy button), but majority of the time I would just call (if KJo definate raise)
3. call
4. fold
5. raise
6. against unknowns fold
7. raise
8. raise
9. call
10. complete

Bonus: Call

mojobluesman 03-02-2006 11:15 PM

1. F
2. C
3. C
4. F
5. R
6. F
7. R
8. C
9. F
10. C
11. R

runningcold 03-02-2006 11:21 PM

1 C
2 C
3 C
4 F
5 R
6 F
7 R
8 R
9 C
10 C
11 R

VickreyAuction 03-02-2006 11:21 PM

I'm at .5-1 6max now, this could be interesting.

1) fold
2) fold
3) call
4) call (passive table, right?)
5) raise
6) fold
7) if button raises, I 3bet
8) raise
9) call
10) call
X) 3bet

Buckmulligan 03-02-2006 11:30 PM

1. call
2. call
3. call
4. call
5. raise
6. fold
7. raise
8. raise
9. call
10. call

by the way... a lot of these responses are pathetic.

MrWookie 03-02-2006 11:37 PM

1. UTG raises, 2 coldcalls + SB calls, you're in the BB with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] getting 9:1 to see a flop. I fold

2. three limps to you in the cutoff with Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. limp

3. two limpers to you in the SB with 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. complete in a 1/2 structure, fold in a 1/3, and flip a coin in 2/5

4. two limps to you in UTG+2 with T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. I'll usually want passive players behind me to limp this, but they don't have to be all that loose

5. one limp to you on the button with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].I sure as hell hope everyone says raise

6. UTG raises, one coldcall, you're in the cutoff with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].Very player dependent. Raise or fold

7. it folds to button who steals a lot (he's 40/15 or something so he's the laggiest fellow at the table). you're SB with 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].I sure as hell hope everyone says 3bet

8. two limps to you on the button with Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].Easy raise

9. MP open raises. 4 people coldcall. SB calls. you have 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] in the BB. Hmmm. Very marginal. The table obviously sucks hard, though, so I'll call.

10. 7 limpers wtf? you're SB with 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. Same as #9. Call.

YOUR MOVE FABRITZIO.

I call

IceEight 03-02-2006 11:42 PM

1) fold
2) call
3) call
4) fold
5) raise
6) fold
7) call
8) call
9) fold
10) call

bonus) call

sarsen 03-02-2006 11:43 PM

1. c
2. c
3. c
4. f
5. r
6. r/c/f read dependent
7. r
8. r
9. c
10. complete
X. 3-bet

Only one I'm not comfortable playing is T8s from EP. Depending on individual reads, I might raise number 2. But against micro donks all of these hands are probably playable.

I think the NPA has said something to the effect that we should want to play lots of hands against people who play poorly after the flop.

djames 03-02-2006 11:47 PM

F
C
C
F
R

F
R
R
C
C

C or R since both are calling a bunch, but I call

DQuinlan 03-02-2006 11:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Fold. Nice that the pot is big, the A5 is going nowhere.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I call, although this is my least favorite hands of all!

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Borderline. I tend to fold, I like to have at least 3 limpers + BB before I call this.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Fold. No question.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Raise.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I HATE cold-calling. Re-raise.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Re-raise (I assume he has raised based on the description?).

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Raise. Medium-strong hand.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Fold, esp. with 4 cold-calls. Awesome pot, but not worth paying a sb for.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Fold.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Call.

ESKiMO-SiCKNE5S 03-03-2006 12:26 AM

1. Easy fold
2. Easy call
3. Easy call
4. Close fold
5. Easy raise
6. Fold
7. Raise
8. Call
9. Easy call
10. Easy call

BONUS: Very easy call? i dont think we can make him slow down with a trey.

ESKiMO-SiCKNE5S 03-03-2006 12:28 AM

the answers to 3 are amazing... i call 24s here.

Buzz-cp 03-03-2006 12:29 AM

1. fold
2. let's see a flop
3. completar
4. fold
5. punishment time
6. ford
7. three-bee
8. raisinbran
9. 10:1 closing, why not
10. mebbe
X. just call

Eeegah 03-03-2006 12:31 AM

Eh what the hell.

1. Fold. I don't even complete with this in the SB.
2. Call.
3. Complete. Gettin' good odds.
4. Fold because I hate suited n gappers
5. Raise that, yo.
6. Fold. Ain't worth it. Suited and you're on.
7. Did he raise or just call this time? Wait, what am I saying--I'm raising whether he did or not.
8. Call. No point knocking out the blinds, already got the button and I don't think it's for value. Let's see a flop.
9. Nope, fold.
10. What the fold
X. Fold preflop because I'M JUST THAT TIGHT YEAH

I don't think any of these decisions were that difficult.

milesdyson 03-03-2006 12:40 AM

so far the results have been decent.

i won't post my answers until a day or two pass.

some of these could go either way depending on who raised and who coldcalled but i thought given my table description that there would be a unanimous answer for each question.

anyway the problem with these things is that the new guys (who need to learn this stuff) don't do them.

Toe-Knee 03-03-2006 12:40 AM

Mostly grunch(changed 8)
1. Fold- too easy to be dominated
2. Call- not good enough to raise but good enough to play
3. Call
4. Fold- not in ep
5. Raise
6. Fold- Too easy to be dominated, prolly call if suited
7. Reraise
8. Raise- I was at first thinking call to get the blinds
in there, but had to check SSHE after reading
some posts yeah raise them 'lil sooted brawdwayz
9. Call
10. Call
Bonus- 3bet

martinimagic 03-03-2006 12:45 AM

I am so going to botch this. LOL.

1) Call
2) Raise, I want the button.
3) Call
4) Fold
5) Raise
6) Reraise
7) Raise
8) Raise
9) Call
10) Call

Bonus) Has to be wrong, but I am only calling here.

train. 03-03-2006 12:55 AM

I can assure you sir, I don't appreciate being outed like this. [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img] But here goes...

1. call
2. fold
3. fold
4. fold
5. raise that mutha up
6. fold
7. Well, what did button do? limp,raise or fold? either way I raise. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
8. raise
9. count me in for a flop
10. I'll pass on this one. good time to go take a leak.

X. i'm torn between call and fold. Not enuf equity to raise (at least I think.) MP is probably pumpin his own flush draw (which is probably better than mine) or betting a made hand. I'm more concerned with button. What's he ridin? I fold.

This is probably one of them times where I should learn to get out the pencil and paper and figure my odds and equity. How often will my flush win if I make it?

marchron 03-03-2006 12:55 AM

Let's see how much I suck:

1. A5, BB: 9-1 is too much odds to fold. Gotta call. NB: I'm notoriously loose with Axo when partway in.

2. QJ, CO: Limp. Table's too loose not to.

3. 75s, SB: Complete. All day, every day.

4. T8s, UTG+2: Limp. A limpapalooza becomes more certain with the first two players already in. The only thing that would suck is if the player to our immediate left raised.

5. AT, BT: Insta-raise.

6. AJ, CO: Eep. Read-dependent. If I thought I could beat the raiser, I'd trey it, but given the dynamics of this hypothetical table, I doubt I'm winning against a PFR's range, so I fold.

7. 77, SB: Re-raise. Stick it in his eye.

8. QJs, BT: Limp. I'm bad at raising with good multiway hands in multiway pots, but at this point, raising might only get it three-way with me and the two limpers, which isn't quite multiway enough.

9. 87, BB: Call. We're getting 13-1. Those are insane odds.

10. 97, SB: Call. 15-1 now.

X. T3 on 92K/four-flush flop: Call, and call the turn no matter what: we've got odds.

OziBattler 03-03-2006 01:11 AM

1.Fold it. (Ive still got mental scars from the burns of previous blind Ax calls.)
2. Call. watch for domination
3. I want one more limper and I definitely call. this one is on the marginal side for me getting 7:1. ok, i suppose I call because the table type gives me implied odds for a big pot
4. fold
5. jack it up
6.unsuited 2 gapper I suppose I have to begrudgingly fold unless I have no respect for UTG. If I think he is a crazy Ill jack it up. whats that chump cold calling with?
7. easy raise
8. raise (I used to limp..have I gone backwards?)
9. call. 13:1 I like those odds
10. complete and flop 2pr or better.
bonus: call. only 3 way now and Im 2:1

bennyhana 03-03-2006 01:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
8. QJs, BT: Limp. I'm bad at raising with good multiway hands in multiway pots, but at this point, raising might only get it three-way with me and the two limpers, which isn't quite multiway enough.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you can count on the bb calling in this spot. This is an easy raise on the button. You should dig up bison's post about how much we love position. I'll try and find the link.

Buckmulligan 03-03-2006 01:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't see how your answers could be much different.

milesdyson 03-03-2006 01:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't see how your answers could be much different.

[/ QUOTE ]
well they can only be call raise or fold, yes.

im not positive yet (haven't looked in full detail) but some people, imo, answered them all correctly, some answered most correctly, and some have missed quite a few. so clearly it depends on who you are as far as how "much different" my answers are.

Buckmulligan 03-03-2006 01:19 AM

how do yours match up to mine then?

bottomset 03-03-2006 01:25 AM

1. ugh i still don't like it
2. limp
3. complete
4. limp
5. raise
6. folds
7. 3bet
8. raise
9. call
10. complete

x. just call here

ThunderEagle 03-03-2006 01:28 AM

1. fold
2. call
3. complete
4. fold
5. raise - I bet the flop if checked to me no matter what the flop is.
6. I call 2 cold, knowing it is a mistake, but do it anyhow.
7. call
8. call
9. fold
10. 7 limpers? What the hell, family pot time, call.

X. call

Wetdog 03-03-2006 03:54 AM

grunch

And I thought you said preflop was gay! LOL

1. fold
2. raise
3. complete, fold to a raise
4. limp (it's just a stupid favorite that works for me in NL)
5. raise
6. muck
7. reraise
8. call
9. half price getting 13:1 that's a wtf call
10. 7.5:1 another wtf
bonusian: at 19:1 I call in my sleep. No, I raise, dammit, RAISE! One cheap bet to isolate (hopefully) against the K. It won't work probably, but I have a drip pan to catch my leaks.

Shillx 03-03-2006 04:03 AM

1 Fold
2 Limp
3 Complete
4 Limp
5 Depends
6 Fold
7. 3 raise
8 Raise or Limp
9 Call
10 Complete

Who plays postflop?

Sorry Bset but I think I already achieved my goal after 2 days. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Hobbs. 03-03-2006 04:55 AM

1. fold
2. call
3. call
4. call
5. raise
6. fold
7. 3-bet
8. raise
9. call
10. call

bonus: call, 3-betting sucks a lot here.

DJSirMatthew 03-03-2006 05:44 AM

New guy

Ok, after seeing the OP requesting for new guys to post, I'll give it a shot.

1. fold (AX unsuited needs few opponents I think to be more profitable)
2. raise (buy button)
3. call (half a bet and low one-gap suited connectors: easy post-flop play)
4. fold (too early position to play this, although if you were 100% sure at least 3 limpers follow, i might call)
5. raise (raise for value, maybe get one blind out, so almost heads up)
6. fold (a coldcall might indicate you're dominated already)
7. call (77 is a drawing hand to me, although reraising might get you in a heads-up play)
8. raise (suited high card connectors, gotta love them, i do [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img])
9. fold (4 cold calls? and you have crap cards, just fold)
10. fold (even more crap cards, why put money in this pot? It's huge and only half a bet, but still, you're a long way off I reckon or I'm too weak ;-)

X. reraise (I want value for my flush draw and want any runner runner flush drawer to fold?)

Burning_K 03-03-2006 06:17 AM

1. Call or Fold (more likely to fold).
2. Call/Raise.
3. Call.
4. Call.
5. Raise.
6. Re-Raise/Fold (UTG reads would help).
7. Raise/Re-raise.
8. Raise.
9. Hm...... Prob call and see the flop with that many in.
10. Call.

Bonus Question: Call.

Hume 03-03-2006 06:21 AM

1. Fold
2. Call
3. Call
4. Fold
5. Raise
6. Fold
7. Raise
8. Raise
9. Call
10. Call

Bonus question. Call

Duncan 03-03-2006 06:22 AM

Re: New guy

1. Fold
2. Call
3. Call
4. Fold
5. Raise
6. Fold
7. 3 bet
8. Raise
9. Call
10. Fold
X. 3 bet

adsman 03-03-2006 07:42 AM

A quiz!! I love quizes. Even if it is about sucky preflop play. I hope that I'm wrong so I can look like the n00b that I am in front of everyone.

1. UTG raises, 2 coldcalls + SB calls, you're in the BB with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] getting 9:1 to see a flop. That would be a fold.

2. three limps to you in the cutoff with Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. Depends on the blinds and button. Call or fold.

3. two limpers to you in the SB with 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. Call.

4. two limps to you in UTG+2 with T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. Fold.

5. one limp to you on the button with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. Raise.

6. UTG raises, one coldcall, you're in the cutoff with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. Chuck it.

7. it folds to button who steals a lot (he's 40/15 or something so he's the laggiest fellow at the table). you're SB with 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. The big 3 bet.

8. two limps to you on the button with Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. I love raising this.

9. MP open raises. 4 people coldcall. SB calls. you have 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] in the BB. I think you could call with just about anything in this situation.

10. 7 limpers wtf? you're SB with 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. Call.

YOUR MOVE FABRITZIO. Call. Unless you're DERB.