Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   NL final weekend predictions polls (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=511323)

tuq 09-28-2007 01:57 PM

NL final weekend predictions polls

This is good stuff, I'm even watching all these games - handy excuse to go to a bar LDO. Now I know I couldn't spell VORP if you spotted me V-O-R, but whatever.

Standings:

NL East
Mets 87-72 -
Phillies 87-72 -

NL Central
Cubs 83-76 -
Brewers 81-78 2

NL West
D'Backs 89-70 -
Padres 88-71 1
Rockies 87-72 2

Wild Card:

Padres -
Mets 1
Rockies 1
Phillies 1

Good stuff.

Nez477 09-28-2007 02:00 PM

Re: NL final weekend predictions polls

Phillies
Cubs
Rockies
Pads

FTW

BigPoppa 09-28-2007 02:02 PM

Phillies
Cubs
Padres
Diamondbacks

Yes

NajdorfDefense 09-28-2007 02:05 PM

Phils
Cubs
Zona
Rocks

yes

BobOjedaFan 09-28-2007 02:07 PM

TUG, in your OP you mispelt 'Worthless Peices of Crap' as 'Mets'

tuq 09-28-2007 02:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
TUG, in your OP you mispelt 'Worthless Peices of Crap' as 'Mets'

[/ QUOTE ]
My bad.

greg nice 09-28-2007 02:59 PM

fkn METS JESUS CHRIST WTF

PokerFink 09-28-2007 03:07 PM

East: Phillies and Mets both win 2/3 and finished tied.

Central: Cubs win.

West: Rockies take 2/3 from Arizona. Padres take 2/3 from Brewers to finished tied with Arizona.

Playoffs: Phillies beat Mets. Arizona beats Padres. Padres beat Mets.

Phillies, Cubs, Diamondbacks, Padres.

EDIT: [censored] that leaves Rockies with 89 wins too, which throws them into a huge wildcard clusterf***. Anyway, Padres win the wildcard clusterf***, however that needs to happen.

Nez477 09-28-2007 03:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
East: Phillies and Mets both win 2/3 and finished tied.

Central: Cubs win.

West: Rockies take 2/3 from Arizona. Padres take 2/3 from Brewers to finished tied with Arizona.

Playoffs: Phillies beat Mets. Arizona beats Padres. Padres beat Mets.

Phillies, Cubs, Diamondbacks, Padres.

EDIT: [censored] that leaves Rockies with 89 wins too, which throws them into a huge wildcard clusterf***. Anyway, Padres win the wildcard clusterf***, however that needs to happen.

[/ QUOTE ]

Fink

If San Diego goes 2-1 and Arizona goes 1-2 and either the Mets or Phillies lose just one game, then SD and Arizona would be the NL West champion and Wildcard, as they'd both be a game above Mets and Phillies

nutshot2 09-28-2007 03:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Phils
Cubs
Zona
Rocks

no

[/ QUOTE ]

PokerFink 09-28-2007 03:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If San Diego goes 2-1 and Arizona goes 1-2 and either the Mets or Phillies lose just one game, then SD and Arizona would be the NL West champion and Wildcard, as they'd both be a game above Mets and Phillies

[/ QUOTE ]

Touche.

StevieG 09-28-2007 04:49 PM

I'm surprised the Rockies are getting so few votes in the poll.

They are on fire right now, and they play the team ahead of them over the weekend.

I think they can take the division, let alone the wild card.

tuq 09-28-2007 04:58 PM

StevieG,

I'm not disagreeing, but the Rockies need to sweep the series to win the division (edit: provided the Padres don't beat them, and I don't know who wins that tiebreaker). Merely winning it still leaves them a game out. Certainly not improbable since they've already got 11 wins behind them already, but probably more unlikely than not.

That would be an unbelievably epic way to finish the season though, and the D'Backs can look back to losing a series to the effing Pirates on the last week of the season if they don't get in.

chim17 09-28-2007 05:10 PM

If we win tonight I really think we sweep the D-backs and take the division.

If we don't I think there is a good chance we miss the playoffs all together. I told myself a long time ago I wouldn't let the Rockies dissapoint me again.. and here I am with 3 games to go setting myself up to be incredibly dissapointed if we fall short after this run.

StevieG 09-28-2007 05:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I'm not disagreeing, but the Rockies need to sweep the series to win the division

[/ QUOTE ]

True enough, but they also are getting a surprisingly low amount of confidence in the wild card poll.

PokerFink 09-28-2007 05:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
True enough, but they also are getting a surprisingly low amount of confidence in the wild card poll.

[/ QUOTE ]

Huh? They're second in the poll.

THAY3R 09-28-2007 05:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I'm not disagreeing, but the Rockies need to sweep the series to win the division

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Care to wager on whether or not they make the playoffs?

tuq 09-28-2007 05:24 PM

StevieG,

Yeah but they're still given a 20% chance to win the division. Assuming voters aren't doing something retarded like picking the same team to win both the division and wild card, you need to just add the div + wild card numbers in order to find out the percentage picked to make the playoffs. Right now that's 20% + 24% = 44%. Pretty good.

Josh W 09-28-2007 05:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
StevieG,

Yeah but they're still given a 20% chance to win the division. Assuming voters aren't doing something retarded like picking the same team to win both the division and wild card, you need to just add the div + wild card numbers in order to find out the percentage picked to make the playoffs. Right now that's 20% + 24% = 44%. Pretty good.

[/ QUOTE ]

Especially since the Mets only have a 39% chance!

g-bebe 09-28-2007 06:21 PM

Phils
Cubs
Padres
Rockies

yes

StevieG 09-28-2007 06:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Huh? They're second in the poll.

[/ QUOTE ]

PF,

When I made the post, they were in third.

kbfc 09-28-2007 06:56 PM

Here's my prediction:

On Saturday when there are 157 critical games being played, all but 1 will be blacked out thanks to our good friends at FOX. [censored] YOU FOX. And I suppose [censored] YOU MLB for agreeing to that contract.

MrFeelNothin 09-28-2007 06:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Here's my prediction:

On Saturday when there are 157 critical games being played, all but 1 will be blacked out thanks to our good friends at FOX. [censored] YOU FOX. And I suppose [censored] YOU MLB for agreeing to that contract.

[/ QUOTE ]

Holla at MLB Extra Innings.

THAY3R 09-28-2007 07:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Here's my prediction:

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Umm, lol?

kbfc 09-28-2007 07:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Here's my prediction:

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you so sure about this? The blackouts cover MLB.tv. I would be shocked if they didn't cover MLB-EI as well.

wh1t3bread 09-28-2007 07:03 PM

Only the Saturday night games will be on Xtra Innings as usual. All the afternoon games will be blacked out. That means the entire NL race won't be on unless you get one of the games on FOX.

Spellmen 09-28-2007 07:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Only the Saturday night games will be on Xtra Innings as usual. All the afternoon games will be blacked out. That means the entire NL race won't be on unless you get one of the games on FOX.

[/ QUOTE ]

I live in Pennsylvania, I'm almost certain the Mets/Marlins or some NL West fuckery will be on. [censored] you cable companies, FOX, and MLB

Los Feliz Slim 09-28-2007 07:35 PM

Paging Bob Costas. Anybody still want to argue against the wildcard?

THAY3R 09-28-2007 07:37 PM

If there wasn't a wild card, this weekend would still be ridiculously awesome.

Not that I dislike the WC...

Chrisman886 09-28-2007 07:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Here's my prediction:

[/ QUOTE ]

Holla at strategically located Slingboxes

[/ QUOTE ]

CardSharpCook 09-28-2007 08:04 PM

Re: NL final weekend predictions polls *DELETED*

Post deleted by CardSharpCook

THAY3R 09-28-2007 08:13 PM

Tiebreakers basically don't matter.

kbfc 09-28-2007 08:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Here's my prediction:

[/ QUOTE ]

Holla at strategically located Slingboxes

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[censored], that's not a bad idea. Anybody wanna hook me up? I can trade whatever game they show in LA for the Mets game.

PokerFink 09-28-2007 11:57 PM

Why do MLB games get blacked out? I know NFL games do if the home team doesn't sell out, but I imagine the rules are different for MLB.

Chrisman886 09-29-2007 10:13 AM

- T. Hoffman relieved H. Bell
- M. Rivera struck out swinging
- B. Hall struck out swinging
- R. Weeks struck out swinging

Go Pads! ... although I'm not sure we're going to do well in the postseason without Bradley.

wh1t3bread 09-29-2007 12:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why do MLB games get blacked out? I know NFL games do if the home team doesn't sell out, but I imagine the rules are different for MLB.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah it's not like the NFL. It's my understanding that MLB has given FOX exclusive rights to MLB games on Saturday afternoon's for most of the season. So the only game people will get to view is the game on FOX in their local TV market. Extra Innings subscribers feel the wrath of this blackout every Saturday afternoon, and I'm assuming MLB.TV customers as well.

It's pretty much bull [censored].

PokerFink 09-29-2007 03:56 PM

Thanks.

kidcolin 09-29-2007 04:38 PM

well Fox has done one good thing. My area was scheduled to get the Cubs v. Reds game, so I said "screw this" and went to get some coffee. When I got home the Phillies game was on.