Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Stud (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   RAZZTOBERFEST is Coming!!!! (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=511162)

Praxising 09-28-2007 08:06 AM

RAZZTOBERFEST is Coming!!!!

just sayin'

<font color="red">Razztoberfest 2007 - 2+2 forum Razz championship</font>

(sorta)

Saturday, October 6th, 3pm eastern time
$10+1 - no rebuys

PM prax for the password

Go to:

Full Tilt/Tournaments/Private/Razz

Andy B 09-29-2007 01:52 AM

Re: RAZZTOBERFEST is Coming!!!!

What was wrong with the other thread?

Praxising 09-29-2007 02:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Nothing. This is the "countdown" thread - hence "coming" in the title. Are we on a bandwidth budget? Delete the other one, if you like.

prax&lt;--always aims to please

SGspecial 09-29-2007 02:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Nothing. This is the "countdown" thread - hence "coming" in the title. Are we on a bandwidth budget? Delete the other one, if you like.

prax&lt;--always aims to please

[/ QUOTE ]
methinks you should work on your aim [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Praxising 09-29-2007 08:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
methinks you should work on your aim [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
I seem to be missing something. Are there any non-passive-aggressive people here who can just plainly state the issue or am I supposed to guess?

RustyBrooks 09-29-2007 08:37 PM

They just want you to post an update to the original thread instead of making a new one. I don't think anyone's really pissed about it or anything though. It's not like you posted 6 bad beats [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

roggles 09-29-2007 08:47 PM

Prax, I think you announced razztoberfest too early. A week's advance notice is more than enough.

Praxising 09-29-2007 09:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
They just want you to post an update to the original thread instead of making a new one.

[/ QUOTE ]

Communication...the newest advance in communication!

Roggles: It's exactly 7 days to Razztoberfest! (Excited aren't ya!)

Wetdog 09-30-2007 01:16 AM

^^Prax is rigged^^

Praxising 10-04-2007 01:32 AM

I posted info on our Razztoberfest trny in the general MTT area and issued a friendly challenge to anyone who thinks Razz is too simple to come take our money. Here is one password request that was PMed to me. Methinks it's a challenge, neigh?

[ QUOTE ]
I can't play on Saturday (will be on a plane to Atlanta), but I'd like to have a horse I've been grooming play to see how he stacks up against solid competition in an event like this.

Can I please have the password?

[/ QUOTE ]

BTW - our tourny seems to now be listed THREE times on FTP - I already emailed 'em, but y'all know how long they can take. If it's like that on Saturday, look for the one where I am already registered: aMurderofCrows.

xxeximusxx 10-04-2007 01:45 AM

wack, you schedule it on SAT day (im sure that affects a ton of people on the forum lol), you lost out on a fish...

SGspecial 10-04-2007 01:52 AM

It doesn't sound like a challenge to me, more like a compliment. He's implying that the competition will be stronger than you'd expect in a $10+1 donkament, so he'll get a better idea of how his horse stacks up.

Praxising 10-04-2007 02:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
wack, you schedule it on SAT day (im sure that affects a ton of people on the forum lol), you lost out on a fish...

[/ QUOTE ]

When people were talking about it, I tried to find a time and day that fit most - but no time or day is good for everyone. I especially wanted to make it reasonable for European 2+2ers who found the previous SnG time just impossible.

[ QUOTE ]
It doesn't sound like a challenge to me, more like a compliment. He's implying that the competition will be stronger than you'd expect in a $10+1 donkament, so he'll get a better idea of how his horse stacks up.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah, I think the compliment is a challenge, like: ah - some real competition at last! Now all we need is to get all our thoroughbreds into the starting gate...and prove him right!

prax&lt;--stable pony with aspirations...

SGspecial 10-04-2007 11:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
prax&lt;--stable pony with aspirations...

[/ QUOTE ]
I'll buy the pony part, but "stable" I'm not too sure about [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Praxising 10-04-2007 04:16 PM

UPDATE:

Full Tilt just told me they did a software upgrade on the 8 player table trnys, we got caught in that and for a while there were THREE Razztoberfests listed. Now only one, but they had to unregister everyone and refund their money. So, if you had registered - now you aren't! But as of now there are two players registered again.

They seem to be done messing about so we're good to go for Saturday. BTW - if they get it done in time we will have 15 minute levels instead of 10 and 3000 chips to start instead of 1500. Not a guarantee, as it's only...

ONE MORE DAY TO RAZZTOBERFEST (well, 46.75 hrs)

And I am, too, stable, SG. They have pills for that now!

RustyBrooks 10-05-2007 12:17 PM

I just registered and I saw no-one on the list. Although it is double-stack now, awesome.

Phat Mack 10-05-2007 01:19 PM

Is there a way to estimate how long this tournament will last, given n number of players?

RustyBrooks 10-05-2007 01:51 PM

It's been a while since I thought about it, but there is kind of a rule-of-thumb for what the average stack size should be at the final table in terms of bb. Multipy that by 8 to get the number of bb at the final table. Divide the total number of chips by the # of bb at the final table and you can solve for BB, which should tell you what level.

So the formula for bb would be:
BB = N*S / (A*8)
where
N is number of participants
S is starting stack size
A is average stack in BB at final table

I don't remember what the avg stack size should be though at the final table. 10bb?

10bb, 100 participants means BB at final table = 3750
20bb, 100 participants means BB at final table = 1875

and so forth.

Phat Mack 10-05-2007 02:18 PM

Does BB == Big Bet and bb == big blind?

I'm trying to solve for t == time...

RustyBrooks 10-05-2007 02:25 PM

by BB I mean big bet.

If you know the value for BB then you know the time - the BB advancement is on a fixed schedule.

runninice 10-05-2007 04:06 PM

I NEED THE PASSSSSWORD!

Praxising 10-05-2007 06:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I just registered and I saw no-one on the list. Although it is double-stack now, awesome.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I just got home and found out they'd redone it AGAIN to make it double-stack. I also tried to get longer levels but they said they couldn't do that but we did get the double stack. Now I have to go register for the third time because everytime they change anything they unregister everybody!

Should be good to go as-is now.

I've had about 50 requests for the password, so we might end up with a real challenging group.

The battle approaches......

Praxising 10-05-2007 06:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Is there a way to estimate how long this tournament will last, given the number of players?

[/ QUOTE ]

It's Razz. And now it's double-stacked.

Set the TIVO and settle in.

Praxising 10-05-2007 06:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I NEED THE PASSSSSWORD!

[/ QUOTE ]
I sent iiiiiiiiiiitttttt!!!!!!!

<font color="red">SPECIAL RAZZTOBERFEST BULLETIN......DATELINE.....CYBERSPACE...... </font>

SGSpecial has just made a great offer! Two free hours of Razz coaching to the Razztoberfest Champion!

I asked him to post the details so watch this space!

(Or some other space below with SG's screen name on it.....)

RustyBrooks 10-05-2007 06:24 PM

Sounds great. I am going to require him to coach himself if he wins though. Fair is fair. And he better not go easy on himself.

SGspecial 10-05-2007 08:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I NEED THE PASSSSSWORD!

[/ QUOTE ]
I sent iiiiiiiiiiitttttt!!!!!!!

<font color="red">SPECIAL RAZZTOBERFEST BULLETIN......DATELINE.....CYBERSPACE...... </font>

SGSpecial has just made a great offer! Two free hours of Razz coaching to the Razztoberfest Champion!

I asked him to post the details so watch this space!

(Or some other space below with SG's screen name on it.....)

[/ QUOTE ]
That's right, prax. To spur more interest in this great event, I am donating 2 hrs of personal coaching to the lucky (and hopefully skillful) winner. One hour will be spent on discussing my Razz Evaluation Xercise (or REX for short) which will be completed by the student. The second hour will be student's choice, either HH analysis or online sweating, or just talkin' razz for an hour.

GL to all, and don't worry about who will coach me if I win. I have a prior commitment and won't be playing, so 1st place is truly up for grabs. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

Praxising 10-06-2007 01:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
GL to all, and don't worry about who will coach me if I win. I have a prior commitment and won't be playing, so 1st place is truly up for grabs. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Weeellllllll....

I've had more than one high stakes Razz player ask for the password, if they haven't found the salmon running elsewhere at 3pm, we all might be in for the fight - and education - of our Razz lifetimes.

As a matter of fact, I've had about 50 requests for the password, from very high, to mid, to lower but not micro, to micro players. I think this is great because it would make it a true 2+2 forum championship if every level ends up being represented!

And if a micro guy can get to the final table in the WCOOP Razz, with some good luck and a run of cards...well, some micro could walk away with this.

I will be out for the morning. If anyone needs the password, you can PM me or post in this thread. I hope someone will just see it and take it upon themselves to PM the post-er. I will be here from 2pm until it starts at 3pm (eastern) filling late password requests.

Sp00n 10-06-2007 07:16 AM

Not sure I can makje this! grrrrr, I'll sign up anyway though!

ChipsAhoya 10-06-2007 01:14 PM

Gl everyone, I'm out of town and I won't be playing...

-ChipsAhoya

Praxising 10-06-2007 02:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Gl everyone, I'm out of town and I won't be playing...

-ChipsAhoya

[/ QUOTE ]

Wait. There's a town in South Dakota?

We'll be missing ya!
prax&lt;---who actually LOVES SD

Praxising 10-06-2007 02:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Not sure I can makje this! grrrrr, I'll sign up anyway though!

[/ QUOTE ]
C'mon, Spoon - you can make it!!!

runninice 10-06-2007 05:07 PM

well that was donktastic

RustyBrooks 10-06-2007 05:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
well that was donktastic

[/ QUOTE ]

Which one were you? gsydo?