Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Full Ring (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=80)
-   -   Screen layout for multiple tables? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=511153)

PokerFun007 09-28-2007 07:52 AM

Screen layout for multiple tables?

I'm sure this question has been posted before, but I couldn't find it. Link?

How do you single screen players layout your games when you multi-table? I'm trying to get comfortable...

diebitter 09-28-2007 07:54 AM

Re: Screen layout for multiple tables?

Ever since CMAR (I think) explained both stars and FTP stack properly (so the active one is always at the top), I have one stack per site, unless watching a specific table (when there's a megadonator, for example).

Ironic 09-28-2007 08:03 AM

I am on poker stars and I just have them all over the screen, I don't shrink them or anything so I can only see two whole tables at the time with the others in the background.

agent_fish 09-28-2007 08:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I am on poker stars and I just have them all over the screen, I don't shrink them or anything so I can only see two whole tables at the time with the others in the background.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the preferred method for most pros.

[Phill] 09-28-2007 08:36 AM

9 tables in a grid of 3x3.

They are shrunk pretty small and have a fair chunk of overlap as my res is 1680x1050. If i had a bigger screen (im thinking of treating myself to a 30 incher for Xmas [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] ) id be able to do 12 i reckon like this without much problem imo.

Im not a fan of multiple screens fwiw from back when i used my screen on my old laptop - its good to have the lobby seperate but i like to have the games on one monitor.

Anyone got a link to CMARs stack post? Ive tried it stack it and unless there is something special you guys are doing i cant deal with layering them so you cant see anything of each table but the one at the front.

I tried it with SnGs, and ive done it with Omaha - omaha it wasnt so bad but SnGs i couldnt do it because i couldnt keep track of the flow of the hands and in cash this is way more important.

diebitter 09-28-2007 08:45 AM

the idea is you don't see the ones behind when you stack. Just watching me, it looks like 1 table. I will pull out ones where the play is worth watching, and then put it back into the stack afterwards.

This does help you focus on decisions, not results. You just need to keep an eye on reloading. (are there such things as scripts that auto-fully load?)

Even 12 tabling, I've usually only got active decisions on 1 or 2 tasbles tops at any one time, and I can easily remember the action preflop when it gets to postflop (the most important thing being whether I limped, whether I raised and got called, or whether I called a raise and what position the raiser was in).

[Phill] 09-28-2007 08:51 AM

Im about to go on a search for scripts come monday, if you dont find anything ill drop a thread round here if i find something of use.

Yeah, stacking works how id imagine and how ive tried it before. Like i say, it didnt agree with me and im not losing much by not doing it, just 3 tables worth of play on (12 is the max for cash on Stars right?).

Also i exclusively played SnGs for like 3 years or something stupid (god i hate how much cash ive lost doing that) so im not results orientated at all.

QTip 09-28-2007 09:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It was for me until I started doing to rows of 6 tiled vertically...talk about so much easier...

AlexB182 09-28-2007 10:12 AM

I use two screens and have normally two ( to four) tables on the small one and 6 on the big one. It's much easier for me if I see all tables without overlay. Using bet pot script, table mod and auto reload for Full Tilt, good help if you play much.

Still looking for those things for Stars, though...

PokerFun007 09-28-2007 10:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It was for me until I started doing to rows of 6 tiled vertically...talk about so much easier...

[/ QUOTE ]

Ooooo...gonna have to try this method.

Mike Kelley 09-28-2007 10:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I use two screens and have normally two ( to four) tables on the small one and 6 on the big one. It's much easier for me if I see all tables without overlay. Using bet pot script, table mod and auto reload for Full Tilt, good help if you play much.

Still looking for those things for Stars, though...

[/ QUOTE ]

Bet Pot For Stars

Stars Reloader

Stars Buddy List

The Buddy list is a little complicated but I love it, it automatically pulls names from a text file and uses the lobby search function to find people you want to play with again, then it lists them and will open the table they are on with a push of a button.

The re-load thing is kind of a pain because if you have more than a buy-in on a table it pops up this useless window that tells you that you cannot buy in for more. It would be awesome if it automatically reloaded you to a full stack also. I think it just does the recommended but I can't remember because I quit using it because of those useless windows it pops up.

CaptVimes 09-28-2007 10:39 AM

I stack on stars and ft. I like to have the tables larger than default size, I'm old and can't see. On UB I offset stack them diagonally(cascade?) becuase of the focus steal issue. Basically, so I can't click fold or bet pot buttons on a table I wasn't intending to.

AlexB182 09-28-2007 10:54 AM

Hey Mike Kelley, thanks a lot for that!

Don't want to hijack that thread, but I downloaded that Bet Pot script now and can change the betting amount by scrolling so far. Can you maybe explain me how to attach calling, bettign etc to special keys on the keyboard?
If not no problem, I ll simply have to go to that big software thread on my own then.
Again, thanks a lot!

arras 09-28-2007 11:08 AM

Can anybody provide a link for a video of stacked tables, so I can see if it would work for me?

TIA,
Arras

BlackRain 09-28-2007 11:56 AM

I hate overlap and I hate resizing so my layouts over the years are as follows.

I started with a 15" CRT. I would have just one stack of 8-12 tables.

Pros: Just make +EV decisions. Don't ever see results as they happen. No constant head movement. No constant mouse movement.

Cons: You don't get to see what others are doing. Who is on tilt etc. Assuming you run for bathroom breaks, you will usually time out on one or two tables. You have to minimize each table in the stack to find it etc. Its annoying.

Then when I got two 20" LCD's, I changed to 4 stacks on the left monitor, each 2 deep = 8 total tables. I would put the other 4 tables on the right screen.

Pros: You get to observe many more hands of others and see who is on tilt etc. Make notes of bad/weird plays.

Cons: Constant head movement and mouse movement across two screens, tires me.

So my compromise is that I have gone back to 4 stacks, each 3 deep on one monitor. I will just put a movie, the lobby, Winamp, MSN on the vacant monitor.

Also 1000 posts yay

BlackRain 09-28-2007 12:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Ever since CMAR (I think) explained both stars and FTP stack properly (so the active one is always at the top), I have one stack per site, unless watching a specific table (when there's a megadonator, for example).

[/ QUOTE ]

Does it not work if you mix Stars and FTP tables in the same stack?

BlackRain 09-28-2007 12:08 PM

One more note on stacking is this. Be careful with minimizing any tables in a stack, b/c they won't wait behind the active (top) table. They will just appear when an action is needed and this can of course cause misclicks. The FTP play money tables are great for testing out any of these different kinds of display setups b/c they let you play on 12 tables. Test there first.

Sandviper23 09-28-2007 12:35 PM

I have 12 tables on my laptop, no over lap all on 1 screen.

I'll take a quick video, upload it and post the link on youtube in a few minutes

Split Suit 09-28-2007 12:57 PM

i generally do 6 tables on a screen if i need to use one monitor.

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...=1#Post12047650

vid of it. i need to b able to see my card spots at all times...which is why i set them up that way. and im near blind, so i cant have the tables too small, other wise i wud 12 table on one monitor. *sigh*...o well

CalledDownLight 09-28-2007 12:59 PM

I just tile on Stars on my 17" laptop. Works for me. 3 rows of 4.

Sandviper23 09-28-2007 01:04 PM

here is a lame vid i just did of me 12 tabling, last about 2 minutes
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SmhgFadyEC8

nothing special....

Cry Me A River 09-28-2007 01:12 PM

diebitter and BlackRain have pretty much outlined stacking. Damn, I should have patented that [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Just a couple notes:

You can't mix tables from different sites in one stack. Otherwise, for example, a Stars table will pop-up and then an FTP table will immediately pop up over it. You need a seperate stack for each site.

Stacking works perfectly at Stars and FTP. However, they are the only major site's I've found where the software waits for you to finish your current action at the "top" table before bringing up the next table. Other sites bring up tables as soon as the action is on you anywhere.

You can stack at Ongame if you turn off the pop-up function. However you then have to manually bring up tables by clicking their tab on your taskbar when it blinks that it's your turn. A bit PITA but workable. You could probably do this at Party too but Party doesn't have the option to turn it off like Ongame does, you'd need to use something like TweakUI. I've never played at IPoker.

When I'm stacking one site, my tables only take up 1/4 of my screen. This leaves me 3/4 of my screen's real estate free for other things like 2+2. It also means that if I want to pay particular attention to a certain table - Say a megadonk is tilting off stacks - I can pull that table to the side and keep an eye on it. It can go back in the stack whenever I don't need it anymore. Best of both worlds.

Learn to use Stars' Custom Layout features!!!

I find stacking a lot easier than tiling. Particularly only having to focus on one corner of the screen and not having to zoom my mouse all over the place, just in one little area. No way I could ever play 20 tables tiled.

Sandviper23 09-28-2007 01:57 PM

Cry Me A River,

So you currently play 20 tables of FR cash?

diebitter 09-28-2007 02:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Cry Me A River,

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm gonna try 20 in a while too, just to see how it goes.

Chargers In 07 09-28-2007 02:39 PM

this is my setup stacked so i never misclick [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img].

Cry Me A River 09-28-2007 02:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

When I'm clearing bonus at FTP I do, or try to - It's a lot more work than 12!

I ran bad last week at FTP so I'm taking a break from there and only currently playing 12. I'll probably be back next week but I only play there when I'm clearing bonus (no rakeback). It's too much like work to do it without rakeback or bonus.

Cry Me A River 09-28-2007 03:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I just find 20 means I don't have time to [censored] around. With 12, I can read 2+2 no trouble at all, posting can take a lot longer than normal due to playing hands in between but isn't a problem. Same with AIM. But with 20, all I can do is play poker. Which I'm sure is why it feels so much more draining. It can get a little sketchy if you have a couple tough decisions but usually it's not difficult to keep up as long as you pay attention.

Split Suit 09-28-2007 04:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
here is a lame vid i just did of me 12 tabling, last about 2 minutes
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SmhgFadyEC8

nothing special....

[/ QUOTE ]

lol..were u on coke while recording that? i got a headache watchin 30seconds.

is that a 30in? or just 24?

Damntra 09-28-2007 04:59 PM

Having never played on FTP, can someone explain to me how you go about getting a rakeback?

[Phill] 09-28-2007 06:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Having never played on FTP, can someone explain to me how you go about getting a rakeback?

[/ QUOTE ]

1, Go to Affiliates/Rakeback forum under Internet Gambling tab on the left
2, ???
3, Profit

SgtJake 09-28-2007 06:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I cascade. Fills up the whole 22 inch monitor from left to right, top to bottom, and allows me to access any of the 12 tables by mouse clicking the bottom left hand corner of the table. MT options on Stars is set to "single click".

For those of you who stack, why is stacking better than cascading?

diebitter 09-28-2007 06:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I just find 20 means I don't have time to [censored] around. With 12, I can read 2+2 no trouble at all, posting can take a lot longer than normal due to playing hands in between but isn't a problem. Same with AIM. But with 20, all I can do is play poker. Which I'm sure is why it feels so much more draining. It can get a little sketchy if you have a couple tough decisions but usually it's not difficult to keep up as long as you pay attention.

[/ QUOTE ]

yuck. It sucked.

BlackRain 09-28-2007 07:04 PM

I just tried more than 12 for the first time across stars and full tilt. I got up to 18 tables and found it a bit insane. 16 was manageable so I stayed there. But I think it just takes some getting used to. I remember when Stars only allowed 5 cash tables, and then 8, then 12. 12 seemed nuts and beyond what I needed.

Mr_Donktastic 09-28-2007 07:22 PM

I have a gay laptop so I do 2 stacks of 4-6 tables.

Much better than tiled imo.

Even if I had a big monitor I would still do no more than 4 stacks of 3.

gieffe 10-04-2007 10:58 AM

thanks cry me a river for the sept digest, it's always worth it having a look...
this is exactly the thread i was looking for
so here's my question

yesterday i have tried to play with stacked tables on full tilt. the problem i have is that every time a new hand starts on a table, that table pops up even if i'm not utg. is there any way to avoid this? i couldn't find any related setting yesterday - ah, and i have lost almost 2 buyins in the process...

i have also tried on stars and that doesn't happen.

Cry Me A River 10-04-2007 06:44 PM

I don't know, it's always worked properly for me. I don't think there is any option to set.

As much as I hate myself for suggesting this - Maybe email FTP support?

twilitekid 10-04-2007 06:57 PM

i play on ftp and usually tile 4 tables. is there a way to keep it from stealing focus every time you're typing in a bet amount or something in the chat box or whatever? that is incredibly annoying and i don't understand how people playing 8 or more can handle it.

KurtSF 10-04-2007 07:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
thanks cry me a river for the sept digest, it's always worth it having a look...
this is exactly the thread i was looking for
so here's my question

yesterday i have tried to play with stacked tables on full tilt. the problem i have is that every time a new hand starts on a table, that table pops up even if i'm not utg. is there any way to avoid this? i couldn't find any related setting yesterday - ah, and i have lost almost 2 buyins in the process...

i have also tried on stars and that doesn't happen.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have the same problem. I kept checking the dates on the post in this thread figuring they were old, and being confused why stacking works for everyone else but for me the tables steal focus making it impossible.

*sigh*

Kevroc 10-05-2007 02:40 AM

How do you play more than 3 tables at FTP without freeze-ups, yellow screen of death and redrawn screens slooowly from top to bottom?

BTW, I have switched to classic view, I set priority to high, I run PT with 1 min updates, I use PostSQR database, I run PokerAce HUD, no other programs open except some anti-virus stuff and MOLASSES on 3 or more tables.

gieffe 10-05-2007 03:36 AM

the only solution to me is to make 4 stacks; still not optimal but it works well enough.

i will try with ft support and let you know if they have any solution to this.

other suggestions, anyone?

kevroc, i have no freeze-ups problem at ft with a new dual core pc and running pt with 5 minutes updates and pahud.