Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   The Unit (Season 3) (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=509485)

CharlieDontSurf 09-26-2007 12:52 AM

The Unit (Season 3)

Anyone else watch this?

Thought tonights season premiere was pretty damn good.

Thug Bubbles 09-26-2007 01:11 AM

Re: The Unit (Season 3)

I'm going to have to check this out again. The three episodes i saw in season one were just horrible, but everybody keeps talking about how good the show is.

Subject matter is great, and the creator is a writing legend so it's gotta be worth another shot.

CharlieDontSurf 09-26-2007 01:19 AM

Best line of the night

Jonas and some hot mexican chick are running away from cia merc who is shooting at them. Jonas gets shot through the arm but they keep running.

In the midle of all this

Mexican chick: Your hit

Jonas: Oh, is that what that was?

Lol...very cool show.

its two creators are Mamet and Shaun Ryan who created The Shield.

MichaelL 09-26-2007 08:01 AM

A lot of development happened in this ep, which is fairly refreshing as normally not much happens. I thought they might've wanted to spread the whole "somethings in the safety deposit box" thing for a couple of episodes, instead they get what's in it, work out what it is and then go to Honduras.

Anyway, a fairly decent start to the season [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

CrazyEyez 09-26-2007 09:40 AM

The show got better and better as the season went on. The finale was great, and the premier was just as good. Still want to bang Mrs. Brown.

traz 09-26-2007 09:45 AM

Good episode. It reminded me of Bourne. I really don't want Hector to actually give up...I can't wait until next episode.

I am a little worried that this will turn into a big government conspiracy season ala Prison Break, hopefully it doesn't get out of control. I just want to see a bad ass team do bad ass things.

Dids 09-26-2007 10:40 AM

I thought this one was pretty solid. That said I hope there's some return to the status quo. They're less fun on the run imo.

Also I'd like to see Snakedoc/Top/Jonas's wife dead and Brown's wife very naked.

mbillie1 09-26-2007 10:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm going to have to check this out again. The three episodes i saw in season one were just horrible, but everybody keeps talking about how good the show is.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah I watched the first episode of season 1 and it was atrocious... I will check it out again though, I'm pretty surprised to see it's still around tbh

traz 09-26-2007 10:45 AM

The show really started to heat up in season 2. The first few episodes were very lame, I agree. It gets better

gusmahler 09-26-2007 12:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah I watched the first episode of season 1 and it was atrocious... I will check it out again though, I'm pretty surprised to see it's still around tbh

[/ QUOTE ]

Really? I thought episode 1 of season 1 was really good. It tailed off after that and didn't pick up again until the second half of season 2. But season 2 ended with a bang and season 3 is starting off great.

This is only listed as a two parter, so it's hard to imagine that they can go from being rogue operators on the run from the CIA back to being soldiers taking orders in the course of one episode.

CharlieDontSurf 09-26-2007 03:54 PM

I thought a lot of the episodes are good in seasons 1 and 2.
Especially the one's that weren't heavy on melodrama back on the base.

kinda 09-26-2007 10:27 PM

GAHHHH why did they change the opening music?

jaydub 09-26-2007 10:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
GAHHHH why did they change the opening music?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah that was a bad call.

I'm mixed on the opener. In the first two seasons I liked the semi-realistic portrayal of special ops engagements and was always indifferent towards the soap opera-esque aspects. This conspiracy thread could be the downfall for me. It wasn't bad but like the end of last season had me concerned about direction. I much preferred the 1st season finale.

J

CharlieDontSurf 09-26-2007 10:59 PM

this one seems waaay more realistic than the end of season 1.

Jim14Qc 09-26-2007 11:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I thought this one was pretty solid. That said I hope there's some return to the status quo. They're less fun on the run imo.

Also I'd like to see Snakedoc/Top/Jonas's wife dead and Brown's wife very naked.

[/ QUOTE ]

QFMFT

gusmahler 09-26-2007 11:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I thought a lot of the episodes are good in seasons 1 and 2.
Especially the one's that weren't heavy on melodrama back on the base.

[/ QUOTE ]

It seems that they tried hard to balance the female stories with the male stories in season 1. But that failed because the female stories were boring. I guess they were trying to attract a female audience, but forgot that a show that's basically about 5 Jack Bauers isn't going to attract a lot of female viewers anyway. So they toned back on the females in season 2, making it, by the end of the season, my favorite network show.

Ryan92584 09-27-2007 12:15 AM

gooood show

Dids 09-27-2007 10:56 AM

co-sign the notion that the new music is HARRIBLE.

I thought the stuff with the wives was decent, it's just that the actress playing Jonas's wife was unintentionally grating. Otherwise it was an interesting constrast.

thedustbustr 09-27-2007 08:36 PM

jonas's wife lost like 40 pounds.

Impulse 10-03-2007 01:58 AM

Heeey does anybody know what the song title is, artist, or lyrics for the new opening song?

Dids 10-03-2007 10:46 AM

Last nights ep was great, up until they waived a magic wand and made everything better with little explanation. Really needed a 3rd ep to pay this off correctly.

gusmahler 10-03-2007 12:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Last nights ep was great, up until they waived a magic wand and made everything better with little explanation. Really needed a 3rd ep to pay this off correctly.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, they built it up to a huge climax, then just said "I'll forget everything if you do." Big letdown.

Dids 10-03-2007 12:32 PM

I do love the way it ended, too bad it was spoiled in the promos. One of the things I really enjoy about this show, and the early eps of Prison Break, is that the good guys are almost always in control and 100% badass. You know they're not killing any of the lead 3, so instead of trying to make you think that, they just let them own own own.

Also wtf is with Mahmet having a totally random panty shot of his wife at the end of the show. I love that dude threw a spite [censored] into his ex-wife before clowning her an hour later.

kinda 10-03-2007 03:16 PM

Awesome episode. I also agree that they could've spanned it out to one more episode to wrap it up, but I am happy with how it went. I love how they are so calculated and smooth at everything they do, with such confidence. Ownage indeed.

IggyWH 10-03-2007 07:35 PM

I watch The Unit off and on, but never really cared if I missed an episode or 3. I thought this season started off WAY badass though and can't wait for more.

traz 10-03-2007 11:31 PM

I kinda of like the new theme song. It's growing on me for sure. This definitely would've been better as a 3-episode arc, but it was pretty awesome anyways. Can't stand the rain baby.

CrazyEyez 10-04-2007 10:07 AM

Shooting the glass out of that guy's hand and Jonas giving him a talking-to was completely awesome.

Yeah that wrap-up was slightly hard to believe, but I'm fine with it. It allows them to get back to business-as-usual ownage on their missions.

I had Pedro Cerrano flashbacks from Jonas' goatee + oakleys. And I have a man-crush on Bob.

traz 11-02-2007 05:11 PM

Just thought I'd bump this and say hyachachaca ending of last episode. They better go somewhere good with this

Brad1970 11-02-2007 05:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Just thought I'd bump this and say hyachachaca ending of last episode. They better go somewhere good with this

[/ QUOTE ]

They will. I knew it was only a matter of time before Col. Ryan & Tiffy were back at it.

Who's the cutie that Hector was shacked up with?

intheflatfield 11-06-2007 03:22 PM

Looks like Hector getting killed off. Should be good episode from previews.

gusmahler 11-07-2007 01:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Looks like Hector getting killed off. Should be good episode from previews.

[/ QUOTE ]
Good call there. Good episode, but not as good as I hoped. The family angle was kind of annoying. And the kid running away and getting shot in the back doesn't seem to match his characterization.

Wasn't David Palmer shot the exact same way Williams was shot?

CrazyEyez 11-07-2007 11:49 PM

God dammit.

Intense ep. I'm pissed.

RIP Hector, you stud.

traz 11-08-2007 01:47 AM

great episode, it was obviously Ryan who killed hector...crazy though, I always hoped they'd all stay alive forever

Hendricks433 11-08-2007 04:09 AM

Obv its too perfect if one of them never dies but man its so sad, why the heck does hector have to die. They better get a new stud to replace him.

Hendricks433 11-08-2007 05:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ] I dont understand the point of showing that Hector saw them then completely ignoring it and killing off the guy that saw them? Obv something had to of happened that we didnt see.

CrazyEyez 11-08-2007 10:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
it was obviously Ryan who killed hector

[/ QUOTE ]
No way imo.

CrazyEyez 11-08-2007 10:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
They better get a new stud to replace him.

[/ QUOTE ]
He won't be as dreamy. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

traz 11-08-2007 10:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
it was obviously Ryan who killed hector

[/ QUOTE ]
No way imo.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, maybe they just WANT us to think it was Ryan. I can't tell what level they're on. But the scene was definitely shot with the idea in mind.

traz 11-08-2007 10:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ] I dont understand the point of showing that Hector saw them then completely ignoring it and killing off the guy that saw them? Obv something had to of happened that we didnt see.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is why the Ryan idea fits. It's not a coincidental death, he set him up yo

CrazyEyez 11-08-2007 11:10 AM

I agree that the angle will be explored, I just don't think Ryan would go that far. Ryan will probably be trying to figure out if Hector told anyone else though.