Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   News, Views, and Gossip (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   FossilMan requests your feedback (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=509394)

Greg (FossilMan) 09-25-2007 09:47 PM

FossilMan requests your feedback

As some of you may know, I managed to win the $320 PLO with rebuys in the WCOOP the other day. I've just put the report on my website, as well as the entire hand history file that I requested from PokerStars. Please click the link below, which will get you to the news section of my website, then click on "WCOOP, Part 2" to open a new window with the trip report. Within the trip report, in paragraph 4, you will see the words "separate document" in gold. This is a hot link that will open up another new window with the hand history file of all 843 hands I played in this tournament. This was a 3MB email when I got it from PokerStars, so it might take a few extra seconds to load.

www.fossilmanpoker.com/news.php

If you have no interest, no problem, of course. Move on to the next thread here on 2+2. If you are interested, I would enjoy receiving your feedback here in this thread. You will see several hands listed in my report where I point out that I made a mistake, but I'm sure there were others. And maybe my mistakes weren't as bad as I thought. Anyway, I thought it might be fun, and certainly educational, for me to hear your thoughts.

I am cross-posting this in 3 forums, NVG, MTT, and Omaha high. If the mods don't like this, feel free to consolidate into one thread in one forum. To be honest, I wasn't sure which forum would be best for this, so I'm letting them decide.

Thanks, Greg Raymer (FossilMan)

Paul B. 09-25-2007 09:52 PM

Re: FossilMan requests your feedback

What happened with the disconnects at the final table? Internet went down?

P.S. Plz get your website re-designed. Looks like crap ATM.

captZEEbo 09-25-2007 09:53 PM

didn't read the hh yet, but I'm really looking forward to it! Thanks for posting!

heater 09-25-2007 10:11 PM

sweet

teh_minbet_pokr 09-25-2007 10:26 PM

mods plz move to bbv

oober 09-25-2007 10:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
didn't read the hh yet, but I'm really looking forward to it! Thanks for posting!

[/ QUOTE ]

whoisthedrizzle 09-25-2007 10:31 PM

VNH. This your biggest tourney score?

Ineedaride2 09-25-2007 10:32 PM

For those of us w/o Omaha Pokertracker, are there any sites that allow you to convert and view hands such as this? Reading through this many hands is making my eyes go crossed, but I really want to review them.

GiantWalleye 09-25-2007 10:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL, NH

Mike Gallo 09-25-2007 10:34 PM

I cannot offer more to this post other than nice job Greg!!

Dexter_Cain 09-25-2007 10:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

shamasotoole 09-25-2007 10:42 PM

oh gosh, i sent you a contact form, your website needs a redesign

*TT* 09-25-2007 11:38 PM

Greg: Can you please post the raw hand histories to be downloaded, this way we can check it out by importing it into Poker Tracker to use the hand replayer - thanks!

09-25-2007 11:43 PM

Nice, thx for posting. Will go thru hh later. Stucked right now

Teh1337zor 09-25-2007 11:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Greg: Can you please post the raw hand histories to be downloaded, this way we can check it out by importing it into Poker Tracker to use the hand replayer - thanks!

[/ QUOTE ]

thatd be sweet

fish&chips 09-25-2007 11:56 PM

Greg is it ok to post it on PokerXFactor and see it on their hand replayer ?

beanie 09-26-2007 12:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
oh gosh, i sent you a contact form, your website needs a redesign

[/ QUOTE ]

from the fonts it looks like PokerStars designed it for him.

centaurmyth 09-26-2007 12:05 AM

nice, in the spirit of old school 2p2, taking it to the next level for the sake of PLO. and great win.

09-26-2007 12:33 AM

Oh snap! Congrats Greg, I am really looking forward to this.

ReptileHouse 09-26-2007 12:46 AM

Very cool. Looking forward to the discussion on this.

ps, please, please get a modern design for your website. Just something simple like a Wordpress installation or something would be great. No popups and a readable color scheme, please.

john voight 09-26-2007 03:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, IMO you will get 10x more feedback, because looking through HH's is very tedious and a huge strain on brain/eyes. Being able to import into PT will encourage ppl to review.

Awesome win.

LightsOut 09-26-2007 04:08 AM

You sucked out on my friend as a 3:1 underdog to get the CL and bust the best player at that FT (rsa87). But I guess you gotta get lucky to win a tournament.

4drugmoney 09-26-2007 04:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You sucked out on my friend as a 3:1 underdog to get the CL and bust the best player at that FT (rsa87). But I guess you gotta get lucky to win a tournament.

[/ QUOTE ]

Man get lucky to win a tournament? Who woulda thought?

Bulletproof Monk 09-26-2007 04:46 AM

if you want real feedback i would advise taking out the important hands or at least bolding them in the hh.... thats a lot of hands to go through.

ty for the post btw, very valuable

Under dog 09-26-2007 06:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
As some of you may know, I managed to win the $320 PLO with rebuys in the WCOOP the other day. I've just put the report on my website, as well as the entire hand history file that I requested from PokerStars. Please click the link below, which will get you to the news section of my website, then click on "WCOOP, Part 2" to open a new window with the trip report. Within the trip report, in paragraph 4, you will see the words "separate document" in gold. This is a hot link that will open up another new window with the hand history file of all 843 hands I played in this tournament. This was a 3MB email when I got it from PokerStars, so it might take a few extra seconds to load.

www.fossilmanpoker.com/news.php

If you have no interest, no problem, of course. Move on to the next thread here on 2+2. If you are interested, I would enjoy receiving your feedback here in this thread. You will see several hands listed in my report where I point out that I made a mistake, but I'm sure there were others. And maybe my mistakes weren't as bad as I thought. Anyway, I thought it might be fun, and certainly educational, for me to hear your thoughts.

I am cross-posting this in 3 forums, NVG, MTT, and Omaha high. If the mods don't like this, feel free to consolidate into one thread in one forum. To be honest, I wasn't sure which forum would be best for this, so I'm letting them decide.

[/ QUOTE ]

GIVE THE OP THE SPAM BAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

J/k thanks for sharin this Greg, and congrats on the win.

Delighted for your result but we all know you were playin on the Superuser account [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

EDIT: To say upload the file to PXF to view it works a treat

secader2 09-26-2007 08:01 AM

ban op

sirtimo 09-26-2007 08:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
One of the more interesting (a rather mild word for how I was feeling) points in the tournament happened starting with hand #593. We were down to the final 12 players, and I had been stealing almost at will, having a substantial chip lead at my table, holding over 1.6M chips with nobody else over 1M. Then, I lost my internet connection. Nothing wrong on my part, and nothing I could do. I’m pretty sure it was a problem caused by Time Warner Cable, my local cable provider. It was almost 3:30 in the morning at this time, and I knew that PokerStars rules allowed you to get somebody else to log in and play for you in cases such as this. So, I was trying to figure out who I could call at this time of day, without waking them up, who could competently play my chips for me. It was too early in the morning to call anybody in Europe, and too late at night to call anybody in the U.S. I then realized that it must be about late afternoon in Australia, so I called Joe Hachem. As it would happen, Joe did answer his phone, but he wasn’t at home in Melbourne, but in Hong Kong on business, and not able to get to a computer or have the time to play for me. I asked him if he had any friends in that part of the world who might be able to play for me, such as his brother Tony, and he said he would make some phone calls.

[/ QUOTE ]

classic....

PLO8FaceKilla 09-26-2007 09:16 AM

Greg i think you may want to consider fixing your website.

3 or 4 nobodies on the internet don't like the way it looks.

Greg (FossilMan) 09-26-2007 09:47 AM

Several people have mentioned redesigning my website, and I'm happy for the advice, but I'm afraid I need more particulars before I can do anything. I'm not a designer myself, and know nothing about it, really. If you can provide more specific feedback, it would be appreciated. Such stuff probably doesn't belong in a thread on 2+2, so maybe you could use the contact form on my website instead?

Greg (FossilMan) 09-26-2007 09:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Since I don't mind sharing the hands, I don't mind doing this, but my computer ignorance is showing. I thought the pop-up you get on my site WAS the raw hand histories? Please let me know what I would do instead of this to provide this.

Greg (FossilMan) 09-26-2007 09:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
if you want real feedback i would advise taking out the important hands or at least bolding them in the hh.... thats a lot of hands to go through.

ty for the post btw, very valuable

[/ QUOTE ]

Please read the written report, as it refers to most of the important hands. To be honest, I'm pretty sure I know what I did right and wrong on those, and would rather get feedback on some of the other hands that maybe didn't stand out to me, but where I made a very good or horribly bad decision.

N 82 50 24 09-26-2007 10:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Since I don't mind sharing the hands, I don't mind doing this, but my computer ignorance is showing. I thought the pop-up you get on my site WAS the raw hand histories? Please let me know what I would do instead of this to provide this.

[/ QUOTE ]
They are the raw HHs, you're correct. I'm not sure what *TT* was saying there.

Fold 4 Value 09-26-2007 10:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Several people have mentioned redesigning my website, and I'm happy for the advice, but I'm afraid I need more particulars before I can do anything. I'm not a designer myself, and know nothing about it, really. If you can provide more specific feedback, it would be appreciated. Such stuff probably doesn't belong in a thread on 2+2, so maybe you could use the contact form on my website instead?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the site is fine.

Jazzy3113 09-26-2007 10:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

suzzer99 09-26-2007 11:16 AM

Hey Greg, congrats on the big win! A lot of people on this site were hoping you would weigh in one way or the other on the Absolute Poker cheating scandal. Personally I think it will be a detriment to the long-term health of the game if this thing just gets swepr under the rug. Someone with your clout could go a long way to make sure that doesn't happen. Are you aware of the issue, and do you have any thoughts or opinions?

thanks,
Matt

Under dog 09-26-2007 12:32 PM

Greg Ive just spent the last few hours watching your tournament through pxf and reading your thoughts and have to say TYVM

Great of you to go ahead and do that and hope you get some good advice on the hands you have doubts over

And very well written too

WP and GG Sir

GoBucksIndy 09-26-2007 12:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

A++

BudBundy 09-26-2007 12:50 PM

Greg first of all congratulations on the win.

I don't play any tournies but i noticed you aren't tight but quite passive preflop. Is that a tourney strategy or do you play that way in cash game as well? I ask this because in a cash game Maciek Gracz said to me that in PLO raising preflop is the quick way to lose easy money.

BrianBigNFun 09-26-2007 01:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hey Greg, congrats on the big win! A lot of people on this site were hoping you would weigh in one way or the other on the Absolute Poker cheating scandal. Personally I think it will be a detriment to the long-term health of the game if this thing just gets swepr under the rug. Someone with your clout could go a long way to make sure that doesn't happen. Are you aware of the issue, and do you have any thoughts or opinions?

thanks,
Matt

[/ QUOTE ]

Good luck with getting any celeb poker player to rally the cause. Since most celeb poker players have endorsement deals with AP competitors it would either make them look bad for criticizing the competition in such a manner or the online sites themselves would pressure them to keep quiet as they would be afraid that talk of internet poker cheating would scare away potential clients to any website and not just AP.

*TT* 09-26-2007 01:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't follow instructions, I clicked trip report #1 and only found the edited hand histories w/notes. My bad.