Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Michelob Golden Draft Light (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=509141)

Holybull 09-25-2007 03:32 PM

Michelob Golden Draft Light

Mich Golden Light is by far one of the most popular beers sold in Minnesota. I've heard that it's not even available in most states. Is this true?

http://www.sotallytober.com/images/brew/56.gif

RoundGuy 09-25-2007 03:33 PM

Re: Michelob Golden Draft Light

What's with the freaking poletarding today?

Holybull 09-25-2007 03:34 PM

wtf? this is srs bizness.

joes28 09-25-2007 04:01 PM

I can confirm that it is in iowa, though i think it is relatively new. My beer of choice usually.

Holybull 09-25-2007 04:07 PM

The results so far are surprising. It's been extremely popular here in MN for many years.

Poofler 09-25-2007 04:11 PM

I work for AB - could probably tell you exactly where it's sold. Beers aside from the well-known flagship brands have become very regional even among the big brewers.

kutuz_off 09-25-2007 04:11 PM

I have no idea, since I never looked for it, because there are better beers available (New York City).

stormstarter28 09-25-2007 04:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I have no idea, since I never looked for it, because there are better beers available (New York City).

[/ QUOTE ]

I would think there are better beers available just about everywhere.

solids 09-25-2007 04:15 PM

I have never seen or heard of this beer in the Northeast. But then again, I'm not much of a Michelob fan in the first place, so I would never look.

Badger 09-25-2007 04:20 PM

When I go back to visit MN there are a few things I can count on seeing more than anywhere else I've been in the world. Mich Goldy Light is one of them. Lakes and Jaegermeister would be the others.

tuq 09-25-2007 04:23 PM

Never heard of it. Pretty sure it hasn't made its way to Phoenix.

guids 09-25-2007 04:25 PM

I have friends that make regular trips to rosebud Illinois to pick this stuff up, its not available in stl, probably not even in missouri, but Im not sure.

Holybull 09-25-2007 04:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I have friends that make regular trips to rosebud Illinois to pick this stuff up, its not available in stl, probably not even in missouri, but Im not sure.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bizarre, considering it's brewed in St. Louis.

Poofler 09-25-2007 04:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Bizarre, considering it's brewed in St. Louis.

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess marketing didn't think the style would appeal to drinkers here.

It's sold in areas of these states: Wisconsin, Minnesota, South Dakota, North Dakota, Michigan, Illinois, Iowa and Nebraska.

StevieG 09-25-2007 04:44 PM

If I were at someone's home game, party, bbq, whatever, and they had this I would try it. But have no idea if they even have this in my local shop, and I was just there 15 minutes ago (mmm....Octoberfish).

NNNNOOOOONAN 09-25-2007 04:51 PM

i used to live in duluth,

and moved to vegas, just to get away from this putrid [censored].

bosoxfan 09-25-2007 04:56 PM

I've never heard of this stuff. That's interesting Poofler I figured the big companies like AB sell everything nationally.

Badger 09-25-2007 04:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i used to live in duluth,

and moved to vegas, just to get away from this putrid [censored].

[/ QUOTE ]
Granted it's not good beer, but is it really that bad? I see it as similar to Coors light for how watered down it is, but it really doesn't have any off flavors. The after taste is non-existent, so all things considered this is a great beer for people who don't want to taste beer.

Poofler 09-25-2007 05:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I've never heard of this stuff. That's interesting Poofler I figured the big companies like AB sell everything nationally

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep, the product portfolio is something like 150 brands - some stuff most of the country wouldn't touch. This one has ridiculous sales volumes (in Hispanic parts of the country).

http://i8.ebayimg.com/01/i/000/a6/26/c9bd_1.JPG

tuq 09-25-2007 05:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
http://i8.ebayimg.com/01/i/000/a6/26/c9bd_1.JPG

[/ QUOTE ]
http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j3...2/throw-up.jpg

Poofler 09-25-2007 05:17 PM

No like, El Tup?

wdogg40 09-25-2007 05:19 PM

What about Michelob Golden Draft? Does it have the same distribution as Michelob Golden Draft Light? I'm from SoDak so I have had it plenty of times. I'm not a beer snob so it's a nice alternative to the Diesel.

http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u...olden_logo.jpg

tuq 09-25-2007 05:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
No like, El Tup?

[/ QUOTE ]
Disgusting. I am aware that beer + tomato juice is not uncommon in the midwest, and definitely not relegated to Hispanics. But I never knew they actually canned the stuff with Clamato. In summary:

Poofler 09-25-2007 05:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What about Michelob Golden Draft? Does it have the same distribution as Michelob Golden Draft Light? I'm from SoDak so I have had it plenty of times. I'm not a beer snob so it's a nice alternative to the Diesel.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, same distribution states.

RoundGuy 09-25-2007 05:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Disgusting. I am aware that beer + tomato juice is not uncommon in the midwest

[/ QUOTE ]
It's actually an excellent hangover cure. But, I'm from Iowa so what did you expect...

Poofler 09-25-2007 05:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
No like, El Tup?

[/ QUOTE ]
Disgusting. I am aware that beer + tomato juice is not uncommon in the midwest, and definitely not relegated to Hispanics. But I never knew they actually canned the stuff with Clamato. In summary:

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I nearly did what the gentleman in that image is doing when I first saw it.

EvanJC 09-25-2007 06:12 PM

Availiable in Iowa, but with lower alcohol content than in MN. Bastards.

MattSuspect 09-25-2007 06:57 PM

Love Michelob, and yeah, one family vacation I always enjoyed growing up was my dad taking me to all the various budweiser brewerys, theres such a wide variety of AB products its sick. Michelob in general is hard to find in Bars in New York.

Repsychler 09-26-2007 12:30 PM

I haven't had it since I moved from Minnesota. It never really dawned on me that they don't have it here in TX. Obviously I'm not missing it. I'll gladly give up MGDL for the Shiner Bock they have down here.
If I'm drinking water with a slight beer flavor, its usually Bud Select.

CrazyEyez 09-26-2007 12:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Disgusting. I am aware that beer + tomato juice is not uncommon in the midwest

[/ QUOTE ]
I've lived in the midwest for 14 years and this is the first I've heard of it.

AquaSwing 09-26-2007 12:55 PM

It's available at my homegame in St. Louis, only because the guy who hosts it works for AB. I understand it's meant to compete with Miller Genuine Draft in markets where Miller is big, like the north.

AceLuby 09-26-2007 01:08 PM

It's the best tasting light macro brew by far, comparing it to coors and miller. Nice for say, a softball team when you don't want to pay $25 for a case of decent beer that will go down like water anyway.

Oski 09-26-2007 02:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
No like, El Tup?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Tuq: Have you ever tried Cave Creek Chili Beer? Its only good in Az because the chili is still frest. Its even better at the brewery.

tuq 09-26-2007 03:06 PM

Oski,

I think I have but don't remember. I like the concept actually, it doesn't weird me out like tomato juice/Clamato in beer (by the way, I was hanging out with someone last night who was doing the tomato juice/beer thing but I think he's from Boston). I'll make a point to check it out and maybe get a six pack because I think they stock it at the Safeway and/or the liquor store near my place.

PhilBeans 09-26-2007 03:34 PM

I cant believe this stuff isn't sold nationally. It is the best selling beer in Minnesota. I drink whiskey though so I dont care.

Peter Harris 09-26-2007 03:45 PM

only seen Michelob and Michelob Ultra over here in the UK.

CrazyEyez 09-26-2007 03:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I cant believe this stuff isn't sold nationally. It is the best selling beer in Minnesota. I drink whiskey though so I dont care.

[/ QUOTE ]
Is this fact or conjecture? I like it, but know of only like one or two other people who would choose it over miller lite, etc.

AceLuby 09-26-2007 04:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Is this fact or conjecture? I like it, but know of only like one or two other people who would choose it over miller lite, etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

Everyone I know drinks it (brothers, softball team, friends dad), so I think this is pretty close to accurate. Also, everyone I know buys it by the case. Miller and Coors (light) are gross comparibly.

Oski 09-26-2007 07:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Oski,

I think I have but don't remember. I like the concept actually, it doesn't weird me out like tomato juice/Clamato in beer (by the way, I was hanging out with someone last night who was doing the tomato juice/beer thing but I think he's from Boston). I'll make a point to check it out and maybe get a six pack because I think they stock it at the Safeway and/or the liquor store near my place.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you do get it, make sure the chili is closer to green than grey/brown. The longer the beer sits, the more the chile gets leeched. If it gets too leeched, the beer tastes like dirt.

4 High 09-26-2007 07:18 PM

On Long Island and i have never seen it. Too bad, i love Molsen Golden and would like to try it.