Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Televised Poker (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   High Stakes Poker thread (9/24) (Spoilers in Thread to come?) (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=508563)

Kevmath 09-24-2007 08:14 PM

High Stakes Poker thread (9/24) (Spoilers in Thread to come?)

Tonight's show should answer many questions tonight: Is Sammy Farha a nit? Why is everyone saying "Wow" in some big pot? Will Jennifer Harman play more than two hands ? These questions and more will be answered sometime after 9pm ET on GSN.

Micro Donk 09-24-2007 08:24 PM

Re: High Stakes Poker thread (9/24) (Spoilers in Thread to come?)

she played 2 hands last week....

limped Q4s on button, folded to raise, then the 99 hand

Micro Donk 09-24-2007 09:14 PM

theres a hand played by harman

thac 09-24-2007 09:25 PM

Sammy is so much fun.

DFSPON 09-24-2007 09:29 PM

Farha is just atrocious with this structure. He may be atrocious at any structure.

DFSPON

thac 09-24-2007 09:31 PM

"I just have to put a read on him.. or something"

L
O
L

sapol 09-24-2007 10:10 PM

What happened with that PLO 500K no cap challenge between sammy and DN?? was it ever played?? why would DN challenge farha in plo??

Dima2000123 09-24-2007 10:42 PM

I guess we can finally put the "Is Sammy a nit?" question to rest after tonight.

liquid 09-24-2007 10:53 PM

poor sammy.

JackWhite 09-24-2007 11:08 PM

Next time Hellmuth wants to stop the game to ask for insurance, he should be kicked in the nads.

westhoff 09-24-2007 11:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Next time Hellmuth wants to stop the game to ask for insurance, he should be kicked in the nads.

[/ QUOTE ]

That wouldn't do anything because he doesn't have any. He should be kicked in the face.

thac 09-24-2007 11:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That wouldn't do anything because he doesn't have any. He should be kicked in the vag.

[/ QUOTE ]

09-25-2007 02:06 AM

one word:

Spew

shaniac 09-25-2007 02:11 AM

My perspective as a viewer/fan is that "running it twice" and similar things have ruined the action...there are so few large, scooped pots because, whenever any real money goes into the pot, a tedious negotiation ensues and the result is usually the anticlimactic running it twice/chopped pot. Also, I think the players demonstrate a consistent overall pussy-ish-ness in most of these situations, and I feel people should be willing to gamble for the amount of money they decided to put in the pot and not look for every possible way to hedge their action after the money goes in; I think if Sammy and Eli had their way, they'd just push allin every hand and chop blind; it's become a farce.

M4TT 09-25-2007 02:21 AM

^ That's a very fair point, shaniac. Seems to be always the few usual suspects who instigate the "twice-running" or "two boards", you named them, Farha and Elezra.

It seems like for some it's a very unusual thing and they have to be talked into it. I like when people just say stuff like "I'm a one time guy" and simply play like it should be. Esfandiari and Greenstein two examples.

Jzo19 09-25-2007 02:33 AM

how long of a waitlist do you think sammy would generate if he decided to play NLHE on full tilt ...baed on his play on HSP i would say i havent played any1 that bad since the old party poker days ....

M4TT 09-25-2007 02:45 AM

It certainly was the "Sammy Show" this week...

wholarry 09-25-2007 02:50 AM

jennifer harman almost played a hand this episode

bigshowmack 09-25-2007 03:24 AM

...And apparently calls an all in next episode. I am shocked.

nath 09-25-2007 03:54 AM

I don't understand, I think I just saw Sammy fold A2 on a K53 board

Micro Donk 09-25-2007 03:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't understand, I think I just saw Sammy fold A2 on a K53 board

[/ QUOTE ]

bottom pair on the turn too, would have committed him

nath 09-25-2007 03:58 AM

It was really fun watching him talk himself into the queen high call too

KSOT 09-25-2007 04:07 AM

I can't stand the Sammy show, it slows the game to a grinding halt.

What was that in next weeks previews about him capping it at 100k? I thought they only did that in the big game.

ronitonline 09-25-2007 04:45 AM

Sorry but I personally hate Silent Mike. He's only made one good play calling Phil's bluff with 3rd pair or whatever. Besides that he has made some "good" calls with top pair etc but I honestly believe that he would call in these spots just as often when he's beat. I don't think he is making any real analysis just deciding on random gut feelings and has gotten lucky a few times. I would not be suprised if he sticks around for a few more games/seasons that he will overall be making some bad plays, and equally bad calls to his "good" calls with top pair no kicker.

Anybody else want to comment on him or someone else, instead of talking about the commonly already way redudant talk about Eli and Farha, and of course Jamie Gold.

chicken10der 09-25-2007 04:51 AM

i could probably stand silent mike a little more if he didn't have the big "i'm a donkstation" cigar. there's a live tell for ya.

sapol 09-25-2007 05:02 AM

I heard him telling sammy "my cigar is bigger than yours"

RobertJohn 09-25-2007 05:13 AM

Farha - great spewtard or the greatest speward?

mephisto 09-25-2007 05:27 AM

That show was painful to watch for sammy. How much does Sammy have behind him these days after losing $2 mil to aba, his Bellagio high stakes BJ addiction and now HSP? Pretty freaking sick.

Next week's show looks great. It seems to me that Negreanu tangles with Harman once again. Harman is like one of those uber nits at my tables with 10/5/3 stats, if she bets, just get out of the way.

sapol 09-25-2007 05:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
That show was painful to watch for sammy. How much does Sammy have behind him these days after losing $2 mil to aba, his Bellagio high stakes BJ addiction and now HSP?

[/ QUOTE ]

Two version:
1) He has income outside poker (real estate)
2) He destroys big PLO games.

I don't think losing a couple million (he didn't lose that much against aba) does much to his BR.

RikkiDee 09-25-2007 05:53 AM

Sammy said it himself that he wasn't playing with his money.

I wonder if his backers appreciate him donking off 2-3 buyins with by far the worst of it each time.

nath 09-25-2007 06:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Sorry but I personally hate Silent Mike ... I don't think he is making any real analysis just deciding on random gut feelings and has gotten lucky a few times.

[/ QUOTE ]
You're wrong.

Kirbynator 09-25-2007 06:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Sorry but I personally hate Silent Mike ... I don't think he is making any real analysis just deciding on random gut feelings and has gotten lucky a few times.

[/ QUOTE ]
You're wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]

im pretty sure hes right. I dont hate him but he just looks like a fish making the right moves at the right time (with usually easy decisions)

private joker 09-25-2007 06:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Harman is like one of those uber nits at my tables with 10/5/3 stats, if she bets, just get out of the way.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm pretty sure this is the impression she wants people to have of her. She clearly plays much tighter on TV than in her regular games, in which she has a lot of fold equity from oblivious people who think "she's tight, she must have me" and muck. If you listen to Todd Brunson and Barry Greenstein, they'll tell you something different about how much of a rock she actually is.

TheDna 09-25-2007 06:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Harman is like one of those uber nits at my tables with 10/5/3 stats, if she bets, just get out of the way.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm pretty sure this is the impression she wants people to have of her. She clearly plays much tighter on TV than in her regular games, in which she has a lot of fold equity from oblivious people who think "she's tight, she must have me" and muck. If you listen to Todd Brunson and Barry Greenstein, they'll tell you something different about how much of a rock she actually is.

[/ QUOTE ]

She can actually be super agro and bluff you off with total air, if you saw what she did with Antonio in the old episodes you would not talk like shes a nit. She [censored] destroyed him hand after hand..

She wasnt mother that time i think it changed her in certain ways, but she is still much better then most nits and very capable of making moves without a hand.

KSOT 09-25-2007 06:35 AM

I believe her when she says she hasn't been dealt anything playable. Season 2 was enough to convince me she can flip the switch if she wants to.

Can you blame her for trying to play straightforward at a table with Farha and Elezera?

deaders 09-25-2007 06:36 AM

this episode sucked big time. the sam farha donk-fest, if I wanted to watch retards go all in with 2nd pair id play a $5 donk'ngo.

TheDna 09-25-2007 06:38 AM

agree with sammy stupid table donater [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Noone has to play for real just because sammy donates them all a huge winrate. "all-in in the dark" ffs ..

RichGangi 09-25-2007 08:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Sorry but I personally hate Silent Mike. He's only made one good play calling Phil's bluff with 3rd pair or whatever. Besides that he has made some "good" calls with top pair etc but I honestly believe that he would call in these spots just as often when he's beat. I don't think he is making any real analysis just deciding on random gut feelings and has gotten lucky a few times. I would not be suprised if he sticks around for a few more games/seasons that he will overall be making some bad plays, and equally bad calls to his "good" calls with top pair no kicker.

Anybody else want to comment on him or someone else, instead of talking about the commonly already way redudant talk about Eli and Farha, and of course Jamie Gold.

[/ QUOTE ]
You are way off here. Silent Mike is a good poker player. Put up ~$500,000 and play him. Take down that uber-fish. LOLZ.

Bonified 09-25-2007 08:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Could be worse - it could be a WSOP final table, and you on a short stack with the clock running. I still can't believe no one complained about it at the time.

FGators 09-25-2007 09:10 AM

Jennifer Harman needs one beer to get going. Somebody supply the drinks or get her out of that seat.

And Sammy Farha has NOT gotten better at NLHE since season one. His NLHE game is super weak.

More and more I feel like people I play with at $2/4 NL can absolutely smoke this game.