Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   The Official "Tom Brady re-writes the record books in 2007" Thread (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=508060)

Assani Fisher 09-24-2007 05:45 AM

The Official \"Tom Brady re-writes the record books in 2007\" Thread

As I'm sure you all know by now, I think that Tom Brady is the best football player in the league(and close to being the best of all time). Of course, the popular opinion after last year is that Manning has taken over the #1 spot.

Here is what I posted in the NE Pats thread:

[ QUOTE ]
After last year's SB everyone has jumped over to the "Manning is the best player in the game" side. But I think that Brady will reclaim that crown this year. People tremendously underrate how much having WRs like Wayne and especially Harrison make Manning look better. Brady will have that luxury for the first time this year.

[/ QUOTE ]
LINK

Brady's stats through 3 games this year:

70/88(79.5%), 887 pass yards, 10 TDs, 1 INT, 141.8 QB rating, 3-0 record

If he keeps that up, that comes out to:

373/469(79.5%), 4730 yards, 53 TDs, 5 INTs, 141.8 QB rating, 16-0 record.

Where that would rank Brady all time:

-Brady would demolish the all time QB rating mark set by Manning in 2004 of 121.1. The next highest is 112.8(Steve Young).

-Brady would demolish the all time completion percentage record of 70.55%(Ken Anderson).

-Brady would become the first QB to ever win 16 regular season games in a season.

-Obviously many QBs have not lost a game all year, but none have ever done it for 16 games.

-He would break Manning's record of 49 TD passes.

-For fewest INTs among QBs who started 16 games, he would rank only behind Steve Deberg's 1990 season(4 INTs).

-Only Marino, Warner, and Fouts would have ever passed for more yards in a season(All time record is 5084).

And for those thinking that this is just a fluke hot start, consider that he has Cincinatti, Cleveland, and Dallas in his next 3 games. Through 3 games those teams' pass D averages per game:

Cincy: 266 yards(23rd in league) and 2.66 TDs(tied for 30th in league)

Clev:262 yards(20th in league) and 3.66 TDs(32nd in league)

Dal: 267 yards(26th in league) and 2 TDs(tied for 25th in league)

selurah 09-24-2007 06:00 AM

Re: The Official \"Tom Brady re-writes the record books in 2007\" Thread

Peyton is the best player in the league. Only an idiot would think otherwise, but I would expect nothing less from Assashiti.

rebuyboy 09-24-2007 07:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Peyton is the best player in the league. Only an idiot would think otherwise, but I would expect nothing less from Assashiti.

[/ QUOTE ]

[x] you have an indy avatar
[x] you have less than alot of posts
[x] you are wrong

aditya 09-24-2007 07:39 AM

Well, he's certainly gonna have more than 5 INT's this year (I could bet.) He's not gonna win all 16 games. They have some pretty tough matches along the way. (However, I do believe that if anyone can do it the Patriots have the best talent as of right now and coaching staff will get them ready for every match, giving them the best chance.) I really really really hope Brady breaks the TD record just cause I like Brady better than Manning.

The completion record can be pretty hard cause I bad game and he's gonna have to do really really good for the rest of the games. I hope be breaks Manning's QB rating as well for the above reasons stated.

Also, I think its really close between Manning and Brady. I mean they're both doing it right now so you can't say Brady> Manning or vice versa. But I've always wondered, if Manning and Brady were switched in say 2003, would Manning have been able to win 2 Superbowls with the WR's that the Patriots had at that time. Heck, he couldn't do it with his WR set so what says that he could do it with the Patriots wr set. But coaching of Belichick>Dungy so there's a lot of intangibles there and thus you can't really decide who's better imo.

WhoIam 09-24-2007 07:58 AM

Hey, if this season's trend continues, Mike Tomlin will never lose a game as head coach.

Green Kool Aid 09-24-2007 08:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]

If he keeps that up, that comes out to:

373/469(79.5%), 4730 yards, 53 TDs, 5 INTs, 141.8 QB rating, 16-0 record.

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

FlyWf 09-24-2007 08:13 AM

Assani, have you ever considered professional help? Allegedly plenty of people with Asperger's live full and functional lives.

Toro 09-24-2007 09:18 AM

Of course you're jumping the gun Assani, but way to put it out there. Everybody on the planet will be on the bandwagon by week 12.

vixticator 09-24-2007 09:54 AM

I think some of these marks are achievable. Mostly highest QB rating ever, IMO. The TD record is plausible but I give him less than 50% shot at it, maybe around 40%.

Kneel B4 Zod 09-24-2007 10:07 AM

he's off to an incredible start, but the odds that is goes as swimmingly in weeks 4-6 as 1-3 are pretty low.

he's only slightly ahead of where Manning was after 3 games in 2004:

9 TD's
1 INT
903 yards
rating of 120

and look at Peytons 4 game stretch in November 04:

19 td's
3 int
1035 yards
rating of 129

so it's not really unprecedented to have these kind of stats after 3 games. having them after 16 games would be.

Kneel B4 Zod 09-24-2007 10:12 AM

also, this is why DVOA should never be the end all argument when looking at individual players. Tom Brady is the same guy as he was last year, when he was 6th in DVOA. now I'm sure his dvoa would be best in the league, by a good margin. the difference is the talent around him.

rafiki 09-24-2007 10:27 AM

lol @ winning 16 games

SL__72 09-24-2007 10:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
also, this is why DVOA should never be the end all argument when looking at individual players. Tom Brady is the same guy as he was last year, when he was 6th in DVOA. now I'm sure his dvoa would be best in the league, by a good margin. the difference is the talent around him.

[/ QUOTE ]

Its even more deceptive when using it to judge running backs.

tdarko 09-24-2007 01:21 PM

Assani,

Kitna has 980 yards right now. He will end up with 5226 yards to break the record.

Chad Pennington's QB Rating is at 121.4. He too will break the record for QB rating.

Carson Palmer has 9 TD's right now. That means he will be one shy of the TD record.

Manning, McNabb, DelHomme, Roethlisberger, A. Smith, V. Young also have 1 Int this year and will tie Brady for the record...

But that record will be broken by J. Garcia and Garrard who all haven't thrown an Int and will set a new NFL standard of 0 Int's.

Roehtlisberger, Manning, Romo, and Favre are 3-0...tying Brady for the first QB's to win 16 games in a season...wait don't the Cowboys play the Packers and the Pat's and the Pat's play the etc. I dunno, oh well someone is doing dammitt!

Man, what a season for QB's this is going to be, just when I thought it was a league full of average ones!

Triumph36 09-24-2007 01:28 PM

tdarko:

nh sir, glad to see you're rounding again.

assani, sweet projections.

THAY3R 09-24-2007 01:38 PM

<3 Assani

EPiPeN11 09-24-2007 01:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry you are wrong, Brady is better than Manning although it's close.

Also Pats >>>>>> Indy

tdarko 09-24-2007 01:44 PM

Kurt Warner>>>>Brady>>>>>&gt ;>>>>>>>>>>>>M anning

vhawk01 09-24-2007 01:46 PM

How sick is it that even if he keeps up his ridiculously hot start he would still only barely beat Manning's TD record? Jesus.

EPiPeN11 09-24-2007 01:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

False.

Brady > Manning >>>>> Warner

Triumph36 09-24-2007 01:48 PM

epipen:

you don't happen to be from boston, do you?

it sucks that the pats d is so good too - would be nice to see brady eat it again this year

EPiPeN11 09-24-2007 01:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
epipen:

you don't happen to be from boston, do you?

it sucks that the pats d is so good too - would be nice to see brady eat it again this year

[/ QUOTE ]

You don't happen to be from NY and a Boston hater do you?

PS: How are the Jets, Giants, Bills or whichever of the many NY teams you root for doing?

Needle77 09-24-2007 01:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Vince Young >>>>>>>>>>>>&g t;>>>>>> Kurt Warner>>>>Brady>>>>>&gt ;>>>>>>>>>>>>M anning

[/ QUOTE ]

tdarko 09-24-2007 01:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
False.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol. Show's how much you know.

QB ratings: Warner 150, Brady 141.8, Manning 104.9

Jack of Arcades 09-24-2007 01:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Its even more deceptive when using it to judge running backs.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep. And everyone who's ever written for Football Outsiders acknowledges that.

EPiPeN11 09-24-2007 01:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
False.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Shows how much you know, you are basing your argument on a half of a game for Warner.

vhawk01 09-24-2007 01:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
False.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Shows how much you know, you are basing your argument on a half of a game for Warner.

[/ QUOTE ]

Leveled hard.

THAY3R 09-24-2007 01:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You really think so?

I mean, I can see Brady being way ahead of Manning, but Warner is a bit old now and I don't know if he can be what he was.

/retard boston people

EPiPeN11 09-24-2007 01:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
False.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Leveled hard.

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't tell what's a level and what isn't with all the stupidity in this thread. My bad.

TheNoodleMan 09-24-2007 01:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
he's off to an incredible start, but the odds that is goes as swimmingly in weeks 4-6 as 1-3 are pretty low.

he's only slightly ahead of where Manning was after 3 games in 2004:

9 TD's
1 INT
903 yards
rating of 120

and look at Peytons 4 game stretch in November 04:

19 td's
3 int
1035 yards
rating of 129

so it's not really unprecedented to have these kind of stats after 3 games. having them after 16 games would be.

[/ QUOTE ]

The thanksgiving game at Detroit was particularly nasty. Manning threw 6 TDs before Sorgi came in with a minute left in the 4th quarter.

Also, lets not forget that Manning only played only 3 snaps in the last game of the '04 season. He likely would have put up 3-4 more TDs had he played since Denver was his bitch.

Oski 09-24-2007 02:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Bill Brasky>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>&g t;>
>>>>>>>>>>>>&g t;>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>&g t;>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>
Ditka>>>>>>>Little Ditkas>>>>>>>>
Uncle Rico>>>>>>>Doug Flutie>>>>>Kurt Warner>>>>Brady>>>>>&gt ;>>>>>>>>>>>>M anning

Jack of Arcades 09-24-2007 02:30 PM

Manning 04 for comparison:

336/497 (67.6 %), 4557 yards, 49 TD, 10 INT, 121.1 rating.

So after 3 games, Brady is on pace to throw 4 more TDs, 5 less INTs, and 180 more yards than Peyton Manning.

He's obviously having a good season, but c'mon now.

SMIGLET 09-24-2007 02:40 PM

brady is absolutely raping...but he's also faced some pretty weak defenses, the jets and bills, and the chargers are pretty overrated imo on defense, especially against the pass. there can be no doubt brady is going to have a ridiculous career season but i dont think hes gonna keep up the record pace

SL__72 09-24-2007 03:17 PM

Who cares about Brady. Moss is on pace for 2150 yards and 26-27 TDs which will destroy both records. What sucks though is that 85 is on pace for 2360yds and Burress is also on pace for 26-27 TDs so he might not end up w/ either record. Still, that would be a pretty good season.

ZeTurd 09-24-2007 03:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
After last year's SB everyone has jumped over to the "Manning is the best player in the game" side. But I think that Brady will reclaim that crown this year. People tremendously underrate how much having WRs like Wayne and especially Harrison make Manning look better. Brady will have that luxury for the first time this year.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Uh yeah, because the quality of a team's defense obviously has nothing to do with what kind of stats the offensive players is able to rack up. And plz with the WR's. Wide receivers are overrated. What about the O-line? Of course you guys have to highlight the one area where Manning has had better support and you conveniently forget about the rest of the team. Brady is just an average QB that's been surfing on superior support.

Manning >>>>>>>>>> Palmer >>> The rest >>>>>> Tavaris >>> Brady/Grossman tossup

kidcolin 09-24-2007 03:54 PM

I like how you link a story that calls Brady a great QB in your argument why Brady is just average.

[ QUOTE ]
But in the grand scheme, a team with a great quarterback but average receivers is in much better shape than the reverse—witness the Patriots last year.

[/ QUOTE ]

And uh.. Manning's O-Line is pretty damn good.

EPiPeN11 09-24-2007 03:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Uh yeah, because the quality of a team's defense obviously has nothing to do with what kind of stats the offensive players is able to rack up. And plz with the WR's. Wide receivers are overrated. What about the O-line? Of course you guys have to highlight the one area where Manning has had better support and you conveniently forget about the rest of the team. Brady is just an average QB that's been surfing on superior support.

Manning >>>>>>>>>> Palmer >>> The rest >>>>>> Tavaris >>> Brady/Grossman tossup

[/ QUOTE ]

ZeTurd you cannot be real.

ZeTurd 09-24-2007 04:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
ZeTurd you cannot be real.

[/ QUOTE ]
Sigh. I'll try to be less subtle next time. I had a point though. See if you can find it.

hoyasnaxa 09-24-2007 04:30 PM

I think grossman is as good as brady, he just doesnt have a good O line. Put grossman in NE and he would do better.

Bluff Daddy 09-24-2007 05:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Assani,

Kitna has 980 yards right now. He will end up with 5226 yards to break the record.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think Kitna really does have a chance. In week 2 when he was out his backup threw for 150 yards, so he could easily already have 1100 plus.