Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Internet Gambling (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Bankroll Sharing system (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=507226)

aufzuckerter 09-23-2007 01:02 AM

Bankroll Sharing system

Hi everybody,
We want to share our winnings in a group of 5 people, but there is a problem:

2 of us are better than the rest and are playing for more hours (for an hourly rate of approximatley 10$ and 5 hours a day)

The rest has an hour rate of 5$ and plays 2 hours a day.

What would be the perfekt sharing system to

a.) help the weaker players of our team
b.) reward playing many hours and making much profit
c.) minimise the risk of losing money at the end of the month compared to the previous

Thanks in advance

Andi

turtle82 09-23-2007 01:04 AM

Re: Bankroll Sharing system

why would the 2 players want to share the bankroll with the 3 weaker players?

why would J timberlake stay in n sync?

kassdog 09-23-2007 02:06 AM

[x]Great first post
[x]Completely wrong forum
[x]obv gimmick account of highly respected poster that didn't want his rep ruined.

Dave Coulier 09-23-2007 02:23 AM

This has bad idea written all over it. You'll end up regretting this if you go thru with it.

Komodo 09-23-2007 04:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
why would the 2 players want to share the bankroll with the 3 weaker players?

why would J timberlake stay in n sync?

[/ QUOTE ]

For rake races and big bonuses that u cant clear by yourself.
Also bigger bankroll means u can play bigger.
Also makes it more difficult for PAHud players
[ QUOTE ]
[x]
[x]obv gimmick account of highly respected poster that didn't want his rep ruined.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree on this one. Pretty ridiculous indeed

aufzuckerter 09-23-2007 05:23 PM

Well of course the stronger players lose abit of their profit but I'm sure that there is a system that garantuees more saftey (everbody can have a bad streak wich would be compensated through the sharing) and furthermore help the weaker players building a bankroll and getting up in limits faster. (I also have to say that everybody in our team plays 20/50c online but 1/2 no limit live, so we all are playing under our skill level because of bankroll limitations). It should also be secured that none of the players sacrifices too much of their own profit over the long run (Therefore I think that a possible system would contain some kind of bonuses for most hours or most profit or something like that)

Nevertheless we haven't found a solution yet that satifys everbody so I would be happy to get some more coments or suggestions.

Thanks in advance

grouchie 09-23-2007 05:28 PM

so, 5 bucks an hour playing 1/2 live?

don't share bankroll, make everyone work on getting better

Witzo 09-23-2007 05:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I also have to say that everybody in our team plays 20/50c online but 1/2 no limit live, so we all are playing under our skill level because of bankroll limitations.

[/ QUOTE ]
.20/.50 might be harder then 1/2 nl live. Seriously. I strongly feel .50/1 online is tougher then 2/5 nl at my local B&M for sure.

aufzuckerter 09-23-2007 07:44 PM

The winning rates where for the online limits

TobyClarke 09-24-2007 08:36 PM

I second the people that have criticized the idea. Most probably the system would lead you guys into huge arguments and possibly ruin a good friendship between some of you. Five people is not a small number and despite how good system you will develop, eventually someone from your team will try to get away with playing less hours, or someone will think that someone is trying that, etc.

Just my two cents.

hypermegachi 09-24-2007 09:24 PM

split the percentage based on number of hands. if you played 9k hands, and you buddy played 1k hands, you get 90% of profits.

xxx 09-24-2007 10:56 PM

You could split it like blackjack teams do. They take into account hours and some things you might not have to worry about (visibility, scouting, etc.). That has it's own problems- read about the MIT blackjack team and see how 'well' working as a team can work out.

Trying to take skill into account will cause additional problems. Why should the weak players believe they deserve less-especially when they run good for a month and the "better" players run bad. Will you take results into the equation? How will you quantify skill? (In Blackjack, team members are constantly being tested on keeping count and related adjustments) Are you going to put the group bankroll in jepardy if one player has a tilt session?

This is just asking for trouble in the future I fear.

vaughn345 09-25-2007 02:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
read about the MIT blackjack team and see how 'well' working as a team can work out.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah they only all became multi-millionaires and earned a good amount of fame.

Statutory 09-25-2007 02:09 AM

MIT needed to work as a team.

Poker is an individual endeavor.

Sharing a bankroll will lead to fights.

ShipitFMA 09-25-2007 03:48 AM

doesnt rewarding the better players and the players earning more defeat the purpose of a bankroll sharing system?

Josem 09-25-2007 04:58 AM

how about the winning players win what they win, and the losing players lose what they lose?

OMFGWTF 09-25-2007 06:45 AM

i have been hypnotized by your avatar, ShipItFMA

Abbaddabba 09-25-2007 07:15 AM

there's some merit to it.

but everyone in the history of the universe who has tried to implement it has sucked at poker to some degree, which leads to the inevitable failure.

$5/hour. lawl.

aufzuckerter 09-29-2007 04:32 PM

well thanks for the answers, please stop blaming the win rates becaue it is completly irrelevant (there is no difference if 2 of us earn 1000$ an hour and the others 500$ or 10$ and 5$).

Did none of you ever shared your bankroll?
Does anyone know how the "New World Order" agreed to share their profit against Andy Beal?
I would be pleased for further comments , even when I am aware of the fact that its hard to develop a system which threats everybody completley equal

pepper123 09-29-2007 05:29 PM

how many times do you need to hear that this is a bad idea?

a better way to share a bank roll would be to divide everything up and have each person play on personal bankrolls. everyone keeps what they win. if one person hits a bad streak everyone pitches in a portion to stake him with no juice. then he pays everyone back when his bankroll gets back to normal. you can all play higher than your personal bankroll would normally allow since you actually have more money behind.

you'll all be playing out of the same bankroll essentially but at the same time everyone is reward based on their skill.

example:

between the 5 of you, you have $1000.

each of you takes $200. normally this would put you at $0.05/0.10. assuming you're all winning players though you would be fine playing $0.10/0.25. if one person gets low have everyone else ship him $25 or whatever.

Burdzthewurd 09-29-2007 05:39 PM

You'd be better off sharing your bankroll and training the homeless to play poker

antisocialgrace 09-30-2007 06:27 AM

if you're playing in the same games that's called COLLUSION.

Josem 09-30-2007 07:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

ASG,

You should consider this website.

I think you'll find their services to be useful.

Rek 09-30-2007 07:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Who mentioned collusion in the same games??

Anyway, I agree with most people that it is a bad idea. If you are a better player why would you want to join a team less talented. Providing you are properly BR and a winner what risks of going broke? You will simply get fed up donating winnings to the group.

If you were all of fairly equal standard and playing similar amounts then maybe. But I still can't really see any benefit to be honest

Mike Haven 09-30-2007 09:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
a better way to share a bank roll would be to divide everything up and have each person play on personal bankrolls. everyone keeps what they win. if one person hits a bad streak everyone pitches in a portion to stake him with no juice. then he pays everyone back when his bankroll gets back to normal. you can all play higher than your personal bankroll would normally allow since you actually have more money behind.

you'll all be playing out of the same bankroll essentially but at the same time everyone is reward based on their skill.

example:

between the 5 of you, you have $1000.

each of you takes $200. normally this would put you at $0.05/0.10. assuming you're all winning players though you would be fine playing $0.10/0.25. if one person gets low have everyone else ship him $25 or whatever.

[/ QUOTE ]

This sounds like the basis of quite a good idea, to me.

You could maybe tweak it a little to agree that, say, if someone loses his $200 plus two extra draws of $100 each time then he is out of the club, leaving $600 in the kitty between the remaining four.

You could also agree, say, that everyone adds $20 to the kitty each week out of, (hopefully), winnings; which would mean that in ten weeks you would have a pot of $2000, and you could maybe allow for a couple more extra draws if a by now proven winner had a bad run.

If you went this route, it would be best to have a pre-agreed and documented plan so that there would be no arguments if someone wasn't playing as hoped when you are all keen, excited, and friends.

Finally, treat it as a "business", and pre-agree a must-meet for a social drink and discussion every, say, Thursday night from 9pm to 10pm to co-agree further tweaks that people think of as the system progresses.

Addendum: Maybe also have a reason for building up the kitty. Like an annual visit to Las Vegas, paid for out of the kitty.