Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Stud (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   WCOOP HORSE (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=506964)

mscags 09-22-2007 03:45 PM

WCOOP HORSE

lets gogogogogogogogogo

table 74

Jeffage 09-22-2007 03:55 PM

Re: WCOOP HORSE

Ok, I'm in this. Table 132. GL everyone!

Jeff

ChipsAhoya 09-22-2007 04:02 PM

Table 186.

Big hand already in the HE rotation; I have A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] and cold cap it PF, someone else calls 3 bets cold in BB and we see the flop 4 handed. 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

I check, CC bets, initial raiser raises, I just CC like I have AK planning to raise the turn, then C/C 3 bets so I'm like [censored] a set?

Turn pairs the 6 and it's WTF checked around???

River is a T and I bet out and get calls from everyone:

QQ, JJ, T9d from cold caller, lol. I guess I needed to 3bet the flop after everyone called and fire the turn here but I wanted to be able to face the field w/ two cold on the turn... Oh well...

$4055 at first break...

-ChipsAhoya

mscags 09-22-2007 04:06 PM

2825 at 1st break

ChipsAhoya 09-22-2007 04:32 PM

Stars = Rigged (LOL RAZZAMENTS)

Every hand at my table has like 6 low cards up... [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] I've never seen this... Is it happening to anyone else?

-ChipsAhoya

ChipsAhoya 09-22-2007 04:50 PM

Re: Stars = Rigged (LOL RAZZAMENTS)

3 big stud hands and I'm in 3rd place...!!

-ChipsAhoya

HOWMANY 09-22-2007 05:08 PM

I salute anyone that is able to play limit tourneys without going insane. I really wanted to play this one but the Razz tournament yesterday scarred me for life with how boring it was.

mscags 09-22-2007 05:13 PM

3591 at 2nd break, stoked about the stud8 section

ChipsAhoya 09-22-2007 05:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
3591 at 2nd break, stoked about the stud8 section

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, me too. $5493 now.

-ChipsAhoya

mscags 09-22-2007 06:16 PM

im out, AQ against AA on a Axx flop pretty much did me in

Alchemist 09-22-2007 06:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Would it be fair to say that QQQQ hand in stud/8 tilted you a little bit?

ChipsAhoya 09-22-2007 06:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What happened there?

-ChipsAhoya

mscags 09-22-2007 07:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What happened there?

-ChipsAhoya

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know if I would go as far as saying that was the reason I got knocked out so early, but I definitely wasn't real happy about losing that one lol. Pretty much I had Aces up and lost a fairly good pot to quad Qs

ChipsAhoya 09-22-2007 07:54 PM

Oh, that sucks.

I'm out after stealing w/ k2as into a bunch of dead Qs, Js, and Ts when one of the qs wakes up w/ AA in the hole...

-ChipsAhoya

JoeDimaggio 09-22-2007 07:56 PM

Does it just seem this way to me or was a decent portion of the field generally weak/predictable at Razz and Stud 8?

betgo 09-22-2007 08:30 PM

Tournament - HORSE - 7 Card Stud High-Low - Level X (400/800), Ante 80 (converter)

Seat 1: 10,519
Seat 2: 6,643
Seat 3: 6,825
Seat 4: 12,319
Seat 5: 5,920
Seat 6: 11,635
Hero: 5,771
Seat 8: 16,749

3rd Street - (1.60 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___bets___raises___calls
Seat 2: xx xx 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 3: xx xx K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 4: xx xx 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 5: xx xx Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 6: xx xx 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___folds
Hero: T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___raises___raises
Seat 8: xx xx 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___folds

4th Street - (9.60 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___calls
Hero: T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___bets

5th Street - (5.80 BB)

Seat 1: xx xx 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___bets
Hero: T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___calls

6th Street - (7.80 BB)

Seat 1: xx xx 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___bets
Hero: T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___calls

River - (9.80 BB)

Seat 1: xx xx 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] xx___checks
Hero: T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___checks

Total pot: (9.80 BB)

Results (in white):<font color="white">

Total pot 7840

Seat 1: [Jc Jh 4c 6d 6c 7c Ah]

Hero: [Td Ad As 3h 8s 5d Tc] (HI: two pair, Aces and Tens)

</font>

benneh 09-22-2007 09:49 PM

nh. seat 1 looks like a mega donkey

i might ebt the river since his check usually means small 2 pair no low on that board, but its probably pretty thin. villain is obv betting any made low + or flush here though, so it looks safe.

xxeximusxx 09-22-2007 09:57 PM

The river an easy value bet, and its not even that thin.

benneh 09-22-2007 09:59 PM

yea, after I double checked his post and thought about what i said, it is a very easy value bet.

Andy B 09-23-2007 02:00 AM

Bet the river for crying out loud.

xxeximusxx 09-23-2007 03:33 AM

betgo, is that you at the final table of the pl he one, if it is congrats

Noir_Desir 09-23-2007 08:26 AM

Busted out 50 short of the money with this hand, it sucks but i cant fold right?

PokerStars Game #12214048566: Tournament #70000012, $200+$15 HORSE (Razz Limit) - Level XIII (1000/2000) - 2007/09/22 - 21:56:06 (ET)
Table '70000012 97' 8-max
Seat 1: roo_400 (14896 in chips)
Seat 2: midastruck (3152 in chips)
Seat 3: mausilein (9436 in chips)
Seat 4: Fjodor_M (7558 in chips)
Seat 5: Nobel (23993 in chips)
Seat 6: matt20 (31080 in chips)
Seat 7: Driveler (35827 in chips)
Seat 8: cameo (18898 in chips)
matt20: posts the ante 200
Driveler: posts the ante 200
cameo: posts the ante 200
roo_400: posts the ante 200
midastruck: posts the ante 200
mausilein: posts the ante 200
Fjodor_M: posts the ante 200
Nobel: posts the ante 200
*** 3rd STREET ***
Dealt to roo_400 [2c]
Dealt to midastruck [8s]
Dealt to mausilein [5c]
Dealt to Fjodor_M [5h 2s 4c]
Dealt to Nobel [Qh]
Dealt to matt20 [5d]
Dealt to Driveler [3c]
Dealt to cameo [Jc]
Nobel: brings in for 300
matt20: folds
Driveler: folds
cameo: folds
roo_400: raises 700 to 1000
midastruck: folds
mausilein: raises 1000 to 2000
Fjodor_M: raises 1000 to 3000
Nobel: folds
roo_400: calls 2000
mausilein: raises 1000 to 4000
Betting is capped
Fjodor_M: calls 1000
roo_400: calls 1000
*** 4th STREET ***
Dealt to roo_400 [2c] [Ah]
Dealt to mausilein [5c] [7h]
Dealt to Fjodor_M [5h 2s 4c] [Kc]
roo_400: bets 1000
mausilein: raises 1000 to 2000
Fjodor_M: raises 1000 to 3000
roo_400: raises 1000 to 4000
Betting is capped
mausilein: calls 2000
Fjodor_M: calls 358 and is all-in

LLCoolDave 09-23-2007 09:54 AM

Based on the 3rd Street Action I would put your villains on the following ranges:

Mausilein (6- 6- 5)
roo_400 (7- 7- 2)

I'm not too sure how reasonable these ranges are as I didn't spend much time observing the villains while watching you, but the worse these ranges get the better you are off. Given these ranges you have about 14.7% equity or just under 1:6 odds of Winning. The pot is laying you just over 1:6 pot odds if you get both players in. Should roo_400 fold you are getting worse potodds of 1:5.5 but your equity actually increases to about 28%, which would be an even more favorable outcome. In any case, putting the money in is +cEV

More importantly however, there is no reasonable way you could fold and go back to a stack of less than 2 BigBets, being forced to move in again very very soon when you have the chance of winning a very playable 20k+ stack.

I wonder if anybody agrees with the ranges I put the villains on. I think the one for Mausilein is a tad too strict as he (she?) is very short as well and can't fold that hand at any point, either.

Andy B 09-23-2007 11:42 AM

Hero is in seat 4 with 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] in the hole.

Tournament - HORSE - Razz - Level XIII (1,000/2,000), Ante 200, Bring-In 300 (converter)

Seat 1: 14,896
Seat 2: 3,152
Seat 3: 9,436
Seat 4: 7,558
Seat 5: 23,993
Seat 6: 31,080
Seat 7: 35,827
Seat 8: 18,898

3rd Street - (1.60 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___raises___calls___calls
Seat 2: xx xx 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 3: xx xx 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___raises___raises
Seat 4: xx xx 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___raises___calls
Seat 5: xx xx Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___brings-in___folds
Seat 6: xx xx 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 7: xx xx 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 8: xx xx J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___folds

4th Street - (13.90 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___bets___raises
Seat 3: xx xx 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___raises___calls
Seat 4: xx xx 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___raises___calls 358 and is all-in

5th Street - (12.63 BB)

Seat 1: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___bets
Seat 3: xx xx 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___calls 1236 and is all-in
Seat 4: xx xx 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___all-in

6th Street - (14.25 BB)

Seat 1: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Seat 3: xx xx 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___all-in
Seat 4: xx xx 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___all-in

River - (14.25 BB)

Seat 1: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] xx
Seat 3: xx xx 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] xx___all-in
Seat 4: xx xx 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] xx___all-in

Total pot: (14.25 BB)

Andy B 09-23-2007 11:49 AM

I wouldn't have three-bet on third. With a significantly smaller stack, I think you'd want to commit on third. With a very large stack, jamming third doesn't oblige you see the river. With a stack that has just about enough money to see one hand through, I would want to see more than three cards before making that commitment. I would want to be able to get away from the hand in the event that fourth came down as lousy as it did. I'd also save my money on fourth if possible. You leave yourself with a little more than a bet, and I don't think that the actual scenario on fifth leaves you with enough equity to call hoping for runner/runner.

mscags 09-23-2007 12:42 PM

Dude congrats on the second place finish, that is sick man!

betgo 09-23-2007 03:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Dude congrats on the second place finish, that is sick man!

[/ QUOTE ]
Turned down a chop and was up 4-1 HU at one point, so a little disappointed, but this is still my biggest cash.

Praxising 09-23-2007 04:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Busted out 50 short of the money with this hand, it sucks but i cant fold right?

[/ QUOTE ]
It was a nice hand with live cards - but you could have folded, or you could have tried to manage the pot to keep it smaller on 3rd. Maybe that wouldn't work, but the question is: did you want to make the money? You got two opponents in here. Let them knock each other out.

I read something once by Joe Seebok, I think it was, about going out near the money in a tournament under the philosophy: "I came to win." I believe his father gave him the advice that first you get in the money, then you "win."

This isn't everone's philosophy, but it made sense to me.

You can fold.

And BETGO! How cool are you? Congratultralations to ya!

LLCoolDave 09-23-2007 05:00 PM

So Andy, Praxising, do you really consider a fold on 4th Street a viable alternative, leaving you totally crippled at a Stack of less than 2 Big Bets, in utter need to play a Hand within the next 4 or 5 Hands in order to double up and still be left with a stack that desperately needs to increase to have a chance of making the money? I can see folding after just flatcalling on 3rd Street and wait a bit, hoping to pick a better spot to move within the next few hands, but I am hard pressed to find a fold on 4th Street. Then again, I'm definitly no Razz expert, especially not concerning Tournaments. However, the Average stack was around 17 to 18k at that time and even the 7k Stack at the start of the Hand was one of the 20 smallest in the tournament IIRC.

Noir_Desir 09-23-2007 05:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
It was a nice hand with live cards - but you could have folded, or you could have tried to manage the pot to keep it smaller on 3rd. Maybe that wouldn't work, but the question is: did you want to make the money? You got two opponents in here. Let them knock each other out.

I read something once by Joe Seebok, I think it was, about going out near the money in a tournament under the philosophy: "I came to win." I believe his father gave him the advice that first you get in the money, then you "win."

This isn't everone's philosophy, but it made sense to me.
You can fold.

[/ QUOTE ]
Its true i satellited in, but making the money was not my primary concern so i would never fold the likely best hand on 3rd. In addition Mausilein was playing a bit loose in the Holdem and O8 levels so i didnt necessarily put him on 3 to a wheel.
I think folding a live wheel draw on 3rd would have been awful. Flatcalling might have been the way to go considering stack sizes, but i couldn't know 4th would be that hard to me [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Praxising 09-23-2007 05:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So Andy, Praxising, do you really consider a fold on 4th Street a viable alternative, leaving you totally crippled at a Stack of less than 2 Big Bets, in utter need to play a Hand within the next 4 or 5 Hands in order to double up and still be left with a stack that desperately needs to increase to have a chance of making the money?

[/ QUOTE ]

I was talking about folding third. I would have, if I'd wanted to play, called not raised. If the 4 came in, especially raising, I would have gotten out. My experience with HORSE (limited, to be sure) is that there are usually not a lot of real Razz players there. To get through 50 players to the money, if you are a Razz player, this is the time to steal, not get involved in big hands.

But going for the double-up is another way to play. But not against two reraising opponents who are going all-in, who can easily suck out your premium hand. Or do that, if it works, you are in nice position. It's just a difference in approaches to tournament play.

Now, once all committed on 4th the way it was, then, of course, you go all-in.

blumpkin 09-23-2007 09:26 PM

congrats betgo!

*TT* 09-23-2007 11:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
congrats betgo!

[/ QUOTE ]

Andy B 09-24-2007 12:57 AM

If you flat-call on third and it's only two bets, you have 3 BB left. Given how lousy fourth, came down, I think you have to fold in that scenario.