Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Medium Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   It's been about a year- post UIGEA success? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=503787)

Ship Ship McGipp 09-18-2007 01:17 PM

It\'s been about a year- post UIGEA success?

I'm pretty sure (too lazy too look up) that it has been about a year since the UIGEA passed and Party died. The games obviously shrivelled quickly at first, got better, dried again, and now are in a constant state of flux IMO where they go weeks at a time being terrible and weekends at a time being fantastic. The state of how they are now obviously depends on whether or not you have rakeback, play at a site supported by poker tracker, play at a site where people can also sports bet, or have a super user account.

I obviously had my best calander year the past 12 months since it broke, but that was simply a function of where I was in my game and my improvement running ahead of the curve of the difficult of the games, despite the spike in difficulty. I'm fairly certain those of us that are left as players that are winners are still having big months and years because we learn skills like game selection and anti-tiltness, and make long drawn out posts with 100 replies once a month that say the same thing: "how do you cats deal with tilt?!"

Anyways, I got to talking about what kind of year I've had with someone else, and estimating what kinds of earnings people have had, what % of online players are making more now than before, etc.

I've included a poll to ask how much you've made, and it is pre-tax obviously so that everyone in the world will have the same number.

One other question I wouldn't mind answered, is how many people have made more than 250k in the last calander year, more than 500k? more than 1m? I'm just wondering and fairly curious, I frequently don't know where everyone is; some people "brag" or "cry" about -20k days and still win 30-50k a month, and others brag about winning 15k in a session and are just breaking even.

MDMA 09-18-2007 01:22 PM

Re: It\'s been about a year- post UIGEA success?

How much have you made yourself?

creative 09-18-2007 01:23 PM

to date a little over 50k, but i started playing 2/4 in may so shrug

JEFF or DAD 09-18-2007 01:25 PM

im running/playing hot as hell, and thats all that matters

ahnuld 09-18-2007 01:28 PM

I got a 3.94

Ship Ship McGipp 09-18-2007 01:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I got a 3.94

[/ QUOTE ]

yea i got like a 3.35 post uigea but i think if party would have still been around i wouldn't have cracked a 3.0 and i haven't put/any much effort in either obv

KRANTZ 09-18-2007 01:45 PM

well i made a lot

raze 09-18-2007 01:48 PM

I've moved from small-stakes limit to micro NL to mid-stakes all this year; I don't think this legal business has affected me too much [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

KRANTZ 09-18-2007 01:50 PM

all of us who are still having big winning sessions/months are probably doing so because we've gotten a ton better playing daily with markedly better competition all around

Ship Ship McGipp 09-18-2007 01:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
all of us who are still having big winning sessions/months are probably doing so because we've gotten a ton better playing daily with markedly better competition all around

[/ QUOTE ]

OR MOVING UP, AND RUNNING DECENT, YOU KNOW

Slider 09-18-2007 01:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
im running/playing hot as hell, and thats all that matters

[/ QUOTE ]

Not anymore. Consider your asian luck stolen by my half asian side.

KRANTZ 09-18-2007 01:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

OR MOVING UP, AND RUNNING DECENT, YOU KNOW

[/ QUOTE ]

well i made 80kish in January playing 2/4-5/10

dtan05 09-18-2007 01:54 PM

how many hands krantz?

KRANTZ 09-18-2007 01:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
how many hands krantz?

[/ QUOTE ]

in January? not sure, a lot, I know I played like 400k handsish on the year before my crazy run though

Morrek 09-18-2007 01:56 PM

Going better than ever. I don't have any exact numbers though as I formatted a few months ago

MATT111 09-18-2007 02:00 PM

Am I allowed to take part in this poll being able to still play at Party?
Fwiw those who think Party MSNL games are still generally easier than those on other sites are wrong. It of course is an advantage to have a greater variety of sites to chose from.

I made a bunch of money this year. Ran at 10PTBB/100 over about 100k hands.

Irish Mafia 09-18-2007 02:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
how many hands krantz?

[/ QUOTE ]

in January? not sure, a lot, I know I played like 400k handsish on the year before my crazy run though

[/ QUOTE ]

PT screen shot of your crazy run????

Paul B. 09-18-2007 02:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Fwiw those who think Party MSNL games are still generally easier than those on other sites are wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]

What data do you have to substantiate this claim?

MATT111 09-18-2007 02:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Fwiw those who think Party MSNL games are still generally easier than those on other sites are wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]

What data do you have to substantiate this claim?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well I play on a lot of different sites and Party can be very tough at times.

soah 09-18-2007 02:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

lol?

shootaa 09-18-2007 02:12 PM

die frist.

KRANTZ 09-18-2007 02:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

this is just hubris and totally incorrect. i've played a bunch on party while i've been abroad and it's night and day. i'd bet the winrates on party among regs are significantly higher than the winrates for regs on FTP and Stars

BobboFitos 09-18-2007 02:14 PM

didnt know if your poll was live + online or just online, since this pertains to UIGEA i guessed online. also aaron:

[ QUOTE ]
I'm just wondering and fairly curious, I frequently don't know where everyone is; some people "brag" or "cry" about -20k days and still win 30-50k a month, and others brag about winning 15k in a session and are just breaking even.

[/ QUOTE ]
poker has variance

MATT111 09-18-2007 02:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

lol?

[/ QUOTE ]

My hot streak was from Jan till March. I do think the games got significantly tougher in the 2nd half of the year.

KRANTZ 09-18-2007 02:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

this is just hubris and totally incorrect. i've played a bunch on party while i've been abroad and it's night and day. i'd bet the winrates on party among regs are significantly higher than the winrates for regs on FTP and Stars

[/ QUOTE ]

with that said, though, the UIGEA definitely made Party tougher than it used to be pre-legislation, obviously

Ship Ship McGipp 09-18-2007 02:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
didnt know if your poll was live + online or just online, since this pertains to UIGEA i guessed online. also aaron:

[ QUOTE ]
I'm just wondering and fairly curious, I frequently don't know where everyone is; some people "brag" or "cry" about -20k days and still win 30-50k a month, and others brag about winning 15k in a session and are just breaking even.

[/ QUOTE ]
poker has variance

[/ QUOTE ]

i obviously know? i'm just saying i think there are people on this board that might get the wrong idea from what other people on this board write and post just about general results

MATT111 09-18-2007 02:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I am talking about the smaller games like NL400 and NL600. I guess it depends on your table section a lot. If you just randomly open 8 tables on FTP and on Party I do not think you`ll do significantly better on Party at these levels.
That said there are a lot more really insane fish on Party for sure.

MYNAMEIZGREG 09-18-2007 02:37 PM

All I'm gonna say is that Grandiose used to be a nosebleed stakes big winner on Prima.

L.O.L.

Christophers 09-18-2007 02:45 PM

I didn't start playing until just before the UIGEA passed, but I'm winning mad amounts now and find the games very beatable. I also think Party and FTP are just as soft as each other (and I've made around half my profits on each site).

edit: Actually, at this point in time I'd say the FTP games are softer than Party, at least at 25/50.

AceCR9 09-18-2007 02:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
All I'm gonna say is that Grandiose used to be a nosebleed stakes big winner on Prima.

L.O.L.

[/ QUOTE ]

I see him every week or so 1 tabling 3/6 or 5/10 on FTP, and not alway reloading if he goes under a full buy in.

always gives me a good laugh because I remember how he acted when he had a little spat w/ greenplastic...and had said how great he was, he'd never be broke, etc.

I wasn't doing well for a while(huge downswing as games started to get worse last december), since late may/early june been doing fine and playing well.

PBJaxx 09-18-2007 02:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I've moved from small-stakes limit to micro NL to mid-stakes all this year;

[/ QUOTE ]

Same. Unfortunately, I don't really know how much the games have changed. This is all I really know [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

jfish 09-18-2007 03:04 PM

i made more post uigea than pre. my party winrate was ~4ptbb, my ftp winrate is >5, maybe >6.

Pasterbator 09-18-2007 03:06 PM

i make lots of money these days.

PerDoom 09-18-2007 03:13 PM

I never won on party, so not much has changed.

nuggetz87 09-18-2007 03:38 PM

i played SNGs from feb. 2006 until sept./oct. 2006. those games were most definitely rigged when i stopped (guess when the bill happened).

http://img410.imageshack.us/img410/7...htypeussg8.png

after that i messed around in 100nl and 200nl but barely beat it, so i stopped until july this year and have pretty much had 3 breakout months in a row now [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] so i can't really say the same for cash games as for SNGs.

soon2b 09-18-2007 03:40 PM

ive done ok

Woolygimp 09-18-2007 04:05 PM

Averaging 15k-18k a mo live.

FGators 09-18-2007 04:23 PM

For those that make loads of money...do you not realize how lucky you run?

Seriously.

You should be going to church a couple times of week knowing that when you get your money in as an 80% favorite you win 80 or more % of the time.

jfish 09-18-2007 04:24 PM

how can any one person be this dubm?

DJ Sensei 09-18-2007 04:31 PM

I'm winning more nowadays than I was pre-uigea, though i do wish I could go back in time with the skills i have now and play party again, because i would seriously make it rain. Basically what krantz and others have alluded to is the truf, its simply Darwinian evolution at work. Those of us who are still on top are the best at adapting to change.