Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   i got tricks (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=502750)

terp 09-17-2007 02:11 AM

i got tricks

villain is multitabler with a non-donkey name. not sure what that really means, but he seems competent and aggressive.

my image should be about the same, but laggier.

$50nl 100bb eff five-handed

villain opens UTG for $1.75, i call BB w/A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]10[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

flop J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

i lead for $2.90 (probably shoving if he raises, hence the notably smaller than pot bet), he calls

turn 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

i lead for $7.10, he raises to $19, i shove. it's a bit more than 1/2 his stack back to him

sightless 09-17-2007 02:18 AM

Re: i got tricks

Anyone fold this preflop?

as played I probably c/r flop and shove turn

mookboi 09-17-2007 02:19 AM

I don't like it. Good villain opens UTG.

Edukashun 09-17-2007 02:21 AM

PF is close and probably -EV, it would be for me anyway.

I like a 3betAI if RR'd on the flop but on the turn we're in trouble.
I wouldn't put him on sets as he should be raising those if he's competent (22 is possible). I think if he sees you as LAGgy then he might do this with AJ, KJ.

The question is can he fold those, if he can then this might be EV+ but it's gotta be close.

The more he is likely to slowplay when he shouldn't the worse this is.

shoxbb6 09-17-2007 02:28 AM

I like, especially if he's competent, it's unlikely he has a set/straight given flop action and he'll most likely fold most of his hands.

sightless 09-17-2007 02:29 AM

I really dont think turn shove has a lot of fold equity

corsakh 09-17-2007 02:30 AM

Fold preflop. Bet more on the flop. Fold turn. Villain read you perfect and played prefect.

ajmargarine 09-17-2007 02:31 AM

What do you guys think of a c/r ai? I think I like that better than Hero's play.

shoxbb6 09-17-2007 02:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
What do you guys think of a c/r ai? I think I like that better than Hero's play.

[/ QUOTE ]
Vs an aggro player, I think this is good too.

ama0330 09-17-2007 07:20 AM

What do you put him on that you think is folding? TT?

jallabar 09-17-2007 07:22 AM

raise preflop to 5.50, bet pot on flop and call AI if he calls get it in on the turn, as you still have FE

terp 09-17-2007 07:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
What do you put him on that you think is folding? TT?

[/ QUOTE ]

i think a player of his type plays a lot of air hands and 89/TT/88 hands like this. once in a while he may even fold a horribly played AJ or something, but that's not something i'd count on.

Lego05 09-17-2007 07:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I do.

I also don't think turn play has much FE....I would just call his raise. And I agree with AJ that CRAI on turn is much better than this.

BTW why are you playing 50NL? I thought you played a bunch higher than this. Mistaken?

munkey 09-17-2007 07:36 AM

I don't like the preflop call vs UTG range.

flop b3b intended?

As played on the turn I think FE is low given he just put it a phat raise and would probably fold.

I'm strugling to give him a range - i think most sets he raises on the flop [except 22]though some TAGfish still wait for the turn despite the obv. draw board unless your bb rnage is mostly sets then it's sometimes ok- if he's good this is an overpair destroying draws equity on the turn -so he likely has QQ type of hand - stove it and see but I think you're behind w/o a decent bit of FE.

Then I think FE is small but we have a load of outs -oesd/fd and may be an ace out. I think AJ's suggestion of a turn c/r AI gets most FE vs his range- and combo draws he may hold may check IP/1pair pot control.

corsakh 09-17-2007 07:51 AM

Range is AJ, QQ+, sometimes a set if he is a tool.

munkey 09-17-2007 07:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

corsakh
I agree and some much smaller % a fdraw/combo draw.

22 if he's on ABS [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

kaz2107 09-17-2007 11:15 AM

i cant imagine he is planning on raising the turn with intentions of folding the turn. making people fold here is extremely tough and i dont think this is the time for it. unless he is capable of folding an over pair i dont think this is a good play

terp 09-17-2007 03:28 PM

all, he folded

this is not a brag post, but these are results

0524432 09-17-2007 03:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

why is he a tool for having a set here? not coming over the heros' flop raise?

Hail Eris 09-17-2007 03:43 PM

If he's good, he's probably trying to trash your equity with AJ or an overpair, so the question is whether he can fold those to a turn 3b, and the answer is that he probably can't.

I think I'd bet more on the flop and c/rai the turn.

Edukashun 09-17-2007 03:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

why is he a tool for having a set here? not coming over the heros' flop raise?

[/ QUOTE ]

On the flop he should really be raising his sets as it's a very drawy board.

a J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] flop isn't very dangerous so just smooth calling hero's flop bet would be ok.
On this board there are so many dangerous cards that it's a huge mistake IMO.

Chomp 09-17-2007 03:55 PM

Damn, wanted to reply before result.

I honestly think we have more FE here than people are saying. A decent TAG may have delayed the flop raise specifically to avoid the draw crai...instead he waits till turn when hero's equity plunges, then raises, but not necessarily with hands he can't still get away from to rescue half a stack.

Also, I have a feeling we are pretty close to getting proper direct odds (before FE) with our turn play if we have 10-12 outs, which I think is likely (unless my head-sums are all wrong).

So, overall, once hero bets turn, he is laughing equity-wise no matter what happens.

ryang 09-17-2007 04:37 PM

Fold pf? really?

clowntable 09-17-2007 04:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]

as played I probably c/r flop and shove turn

[/ QUOTE ]
I fold preflop