Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   AA 4bet pot vs. reg (deep) (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=500300)

orange 09-13-2007 02:05 PM

AA 4bet pot vs. reg (deep)

villan is a reg. he has weird stats (like 22/11). he's pretty aggro, i've seen him bluff 3 streets with AK UI. He seems like he has a brain though and doesn't seem TOO moronic. Hero is playing pretty fast and getting good cards at this table.

The only history I have vs. villan is when i first played him- i open JJ, he calls. flop comes 332, he donks for more than pot, i call. turn A he checks i check. river 6, he c/c-s my bet with 99 and mhig. (i misplayed but had no idea how he played and flop overbet confused me). however, we havent really played a tremendous amount of hands vs. each other since then.

anyways, do you check anywhere?

Absolute Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $1/$2
6 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
UTG: $83.20
UTG+1: $276.10
CO: $378
Button: $390.05
SB: $632.67
orange: $792.15

Pre-flop: (6 players) orange is BB with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
2 folds, <font color="#cc0000">CO raises to $6</font>, Button folds, <font color="#cc0000">SB raises to $26</font>, <font color="#cc0000">orange raises to $68</font>, CO folds, SB calls.

Flop: 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($142, 2 players)
SB checks, <font color="#cc0000">orange bets $90</font>, SB calls.

Turn: 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($322, 2 players)
SB checks, <font color="#cc0000">orange ,,,

skibbel 09-13-2007 02:08 PM

Re: AA 4bet pot vs. reg (deep)

Q: Why did u give him the odds to call for setvalue preflop? Wouldn't a raise to 100$ be better?

SABR42 09-13-2007 02:11 PM

4-bet to like $90.

As played, I don't mind checking this turn actually. If he checks river value bet obv.

I don't think you can stack QQ THIS deep, and you risk getting stacked by a set too much.

amoeba 09-13-2007 02:13 PM

orange, how much do you want to play for here? because if you bet turn, you are playing for all 300bbs.

if you want to play for less (150bbs), then check the turn behind.

orange 09-13-2007 02:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
orange, how much do you want to play for here? because if you bet turn, you are playing for all 300bbs.

[/ QUOTE ]
i want to play for all 300bbs. but i'm wondering if there is more +EV in checking/betting the river? he can't really call with much any hand here (maybe KK right?)

amoeba 09-13-2007 02:31 PM

I am not sure if hes going to stack off with QQ. maybe KK.

even if he has played with you lots, I'm pretty sure this is the first time hes seen you 4 bet preflop, fired flop, fired turn (should you choose to fire turn).

FGators 09-13-2007 02:33 PM

Preflop: too small

Turn: $260; call push.

River: Jam if its non K/Q...puke if it is and he pushes.

kolotoure 09-13-2007 02:34 PM

what is shoving turn that we beat?

amoeba 09-13-2007 02:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]

River: Jam if its non K/Q...puke if it is and he pushes.

[/ QUOTE ]

why do you need to puke? its an easy fold.

goofyballer 09-13-2007 02:36 PM

4bet size pre is gross given stacks.

Bet turn. Why? Because people hate folding.

thac 09-13-2007 02:41 PM

What about betting like 190.. it looks small in relation to the pot so he will be more apt to call it, and then there's only like 250 left and he can talk himself into a horrible call.

I agree though, preflop needs to be like 90.

FGators 09-13-2007 02:43 PM

He probably jams kings or queens stubbornly on the turn a decent percentage here I'd say.

In retrospect I think $190 looks nicer.

orange 09-13-2007 03:01 PM

yah i think i shouldve raised pf more. sortve wanted to keep balances when i do it as a bluff (i typically 4ball smaller) but shouldnt really do it in this spot.

wdead 09-13-2007 06:07 PM

175 shove. shove river. i bet to 100 pre.

BombayBadboy 09-13-2007 06:14 PM

Raise more pre. As played just bet 3/4 pot and never fold.

deaders 09-14-2007 12:01 AM

$110 on flop. I kinda like check turn, shove river.

Ajahn 09-14-2007 12:18 AM

4-bet pre to $99. The rest plays itself.

FishSticks 09-14-2007 12:33 AM

Boy I just don't like betting the turn. I don't play on Absolute so I'm not sure how these deep stack games go, but if villain is a reg and seems reasonable I just don't see him getting 300BB in there in a 4bet pot over all three streets with a hand that can't beat AA. I mean, if he really wanted to felt KK, you'd tend to think he'd be jacking again it pre or else c/r flop.

The only things that make me consider just going for bet/bet/bet is that you've been playing fast and he may just try to put you on a light resteal pre. Even so, I think there's only one street of value left and I think you're more likely to get paid on the river.

deaders 09-14-2007 12:42 AM

His hand is basically KK or QQ here and yeah I dont think you get 3 streets, especially from QQ.

I played a nearly identical hand with a near identical board a few months ago at 400nl against a very solid player. I did 4bet bigger pre, 3/4 psb flop, so river was about a psb left. I checked behind turn and shoved river when checked to, he tanked and folded and showed QQ, but I think a less solid player could stack off with QQ here and more often KK with this line.

soah 09-14-2007 04:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
i want to play for all 300bbs. but i'm wondering if there is more +EV in checking/betting the river? he can't really call with much any hand here (maybe KK right?)

[/ QUOTE ]

if you want to get 300bb in then you need to just make your bets/raises bigger... a few big bets generally get less respect than lots of smaller bets that add up to the same amount

I don't see much need for balance on the fourbet pf... the only reason you'd be fourbet bluffing is if he's getting seriously out of line with his threebets, and if the guy is frequently overbetting the pot by so much without the goods then you're already in very good shape because his bluffs there have to work such a huge percentage of the time just for him to breakeven on them.

edit: referring to using balance as the justification for the sizing. if the sizing of your bluffs is interfering with the play of your non-bluffs, then you might want to adjust your bluffs to fit with your legit hands rather than vice versa

tannenj 09-14-2007 04:46 AM

preflop sizing seems very strange. i'm all for small 4bets, but you're deep enough that you can pot it with bluffs and still fold to a 5bet.

ASPoker8 09-14-2007 07:06 AM

i havent read responses yet buttttt

your 4bet size sucks hard this deep

as played, bet the turn and go allin and stuff

Miffed 09-14-2007 08:38 AM

wtf. Is this me? (my SN would be a give away)

fwiw, i dont think he has JJ too much here and i think a check induces a river call or even a river donk from KK maybe also QQ. Firing turn gives opp so many reasons to fold the 2nd best hand IMO.
He might not want to fold his KK but lest be honest how many hands are you playing like this, not TT thats for sure.

martijn 09-14-2007 10:39 AM

I like a check behind on the turn, call river if he bets or valuebet if he checks to you.

No way QQ or KK is gonna stack off here for the full ammount

orange 09-14-2007 11:59 AM

eh yeah. i wasn't thinking at the time, i def shouldve made my 4-bet larger.

anyways he folded instantly and claimed KK after i bet 190 on the turn. ty for replies.

BGnight 09-14-2007 12:06 PM

I bet turn. If he goes apes*** w/ a huge raise I dunno what to do. I only want him to call. Not raise. If I think he'll for sure c/raise QQ/KK here then I might check turn for deception/pot control and call a river bet or bet if checked to. I know the previous statement contradicts itself, but I just don't want to play for 300bb's w/ AA personally.

BGnight 09-14-2007 12:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]

anyways he folded instantly and claimed KK after i bet 190 on the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Nick Royale 09-14-2007 12:17 PM

I like a turn check. Decent tags will get away from QQ and KK 300bb deep after you 4-bet preflop very often.