Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Brick and Mortar (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   ever heard this ruling? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=499739)

parisron 09-12-2007 07:39 PM

ever heard this ruling?

I was playing at Hard Rock Tampa 1/2 nl. flop came and betting was complete. dealer burned the card before putting the turn card out and there was 2 boxed cards on top of the deck.(face up) so im thinking boxed cards are like a piece of paper you discard them they are not even there. The dealer calls supervisor and the ruling is misdeal everyone gets money back. WHAT? didnt think there could be a misdeal if significant action had taken place and preflop and post flop betting is pretty significant.

NextinLine 09-12-2007 07:47 PM

Re: ever heard this ruling?

Nope, misdeal can happen anytime. I've had a misdeal declared after the turn before because of a moronic dealer.

RR 09-12-2007 08:08 PM

Multiple boxed cards is generally a misdeal. Some places will allow 2 and not kill it until the third boxed card.

AngusThermopyle 09-12-2007 11:43 PM

Standard ruling (2 boxed cards == misdeal) where I play.

steamraise 09-13-2007 11:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
flop came and betting was complete. dealer burned

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Nope, misdeal can happen anytime. I've had a misdeal declared after the turn

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Multiple boxed cards is generally a misdeal. Some places will allow 2 and not kill it until the third boxed card.

[/ QUOTE ]
So, if I hit the 3rd boxed card while I'm bringing the river it's a misdeal?
And I have to remember who put how much in the pot and who folded and when to return the money to everyone?

davidlong14 09-13-2007 11:44 AM

Yes

AngusThermopyle 09-13-2007 12:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]

And I have to remember who put how much in the pot and who folded and when to return the money to everyone?

[/ QUOTE ]

Sort of like putting the A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] on the River that matches the A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] you put out on the Turn. What do you want to do, split the pot between the survivors and forget those who folded on the Flop or Turn?

UbinTook 09-13-2007 03:50 PM

standard, two boxed cards kills everything.

Rottersod 09-13-2007 04:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Believe me, you will have 9 players who will help you figure this out. Of course, you'll also have 9 different answers. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Al_Capone_Junior 09-13-2007 09:34 PM

I've never seen a misdeal called on account of two boxed cards discovered so late in the hand. I have seen one floor kinda breakin' a sweat over what to do in such a situation tho... They didn't declare a misdeal, treated as scaps of paper. I'm not sure if there's an "official" rule - but there might be. Either way it's so uncommon I wouldn't have a problem with a floor who went either way on the matter. Someone less lazy than me could perhaps see what robert's rules say, that's a good starting point for a reference.

Al

tooners 09-13-2007 10:22 PM

How do you like Hard Rock Tampa? I'm thinking about visiting there pretty soon

parisron 09-13-2007 10:53 PM

Hard Rock Tampa is great. even better when very soon they will hopefully have bigger buys ins on the nl games than just $100.

RR 09-14-2007 01:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I've never seen a misdeal called on account of two boxed cards discovered so late in the hand. I have seen one floor kinda breakin' a sweat over what to do in such a situation tho... They didn't declare a misdeal, treated as scaps of paper. I'm not sure if there's an "official" rule - but there might be. Either way it's so uncommon I wouldn't have a problem with a floor who went either way on the matter. Someone less lazy than me could perhaps see what robert's rules say, that's a good starting point for a reference.

Al

[/ QUOTE ]

This situation is the only time I have ever asked for the supervisor while playing. The floor started to treat multiple boxed cards as scraps of paper (there were like 5 of them in a row after the flop was dealt). The supervisor correctly over ruled the floor and made it a misdeal.

diddyeinstein 09-14-2007 01:37 PM

So I feel like an idiot, but I got to know what you are talking about. Is this a result of shuffling the cards with some of them face up? How does this happen?

RR 09-14-2007 01:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So I feel like an idiot, but I got to know what you are talking about. Is this a result of shuffling the cards with some of them face up? How does this happen?

[/ QUOTE ]

The most likely cause is some of the cards are shuffled face up. This is much easier to do than it sounds because the dealer is calling for blinds etc while shuffling.