Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Omaha High (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   How do I play the Royal Flush (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=498942)

JanelleBB7 09-11-2007 08:20 PM

How do I play the Royal Flush

I am new to playing PLO for money. I just recently started playing cash. I don't have a any reads on these players because I have only been at the table for maybe 3 rotations.

Help me figure out how I can extract the most money without chasing away any action. Thanks.

Pot Limit Omaha Ring game
Blinds: $0.10/$0.25
8 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
UTG: $61.70
Heroine: $11.25
MP1: $14.95
MP2: $11.95
CO: $14.85
Button: $28.40
SB: $24.75
BB: $19.05

Pre-flop: (8 players) Heroine is UTG+1 with A:club: Q:club: J:diamond: Q:heart:
UTG calls, Heroine calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, 3 folds, 3 folds, BB checks.

Flop: T:club: 4:club: J:club: ($1.35, 5 players)
BB checks, UTG checks, Heroine checks, MP1 checks, MP2 checks.

Turn: K:club: ($1.35, 5 players)
BB checks, UTG checks,

Heronie then?

piiop 09-11-2007 08:25 PM

Re: How do I play the Royal Flush

raise preflop, bet flop, bet turn

ta-da!

JanelleBB7 09-11-2007 08:27 PM

I am really sorry i am trying to get this converted right but I cant get it to work.

Poker monkey 09-11-2007 08:27 PM

Omaha is EZ! Bet when you have a good hand!

JanelleBB7 09-11-2007 08:33 PM

Well the reason I didn't raise preflop is I was early position and this is a large table. Is this thinking wrong? I didn't bet the flop because I thought whoever has a flush will bet at it and I could just call and appear to be weak and then raise the pot on the turn. I wasn't expecting the royal to hit.

thisnamedoesntfi 09-11-2007 09:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Well the reason I didn't raise preflop is I was early position and this is a large table. Is this thinking wrong?

[/ QUOTE ]
That thinking with a hand that can get you in a lot of tough spots isn't wrong. I think with this hand you should raise. If you get reraised fine, you only have about 55BB, so your chances of getting it all in on a good flop are much better.

[ QUOTE ]
didn't bet the flop because I thought whoever has a flush will bet at it and I could just call and appear to be weak and then raise the pot on the turn. I wasn't expecting the royal to hit.

[/ QUOTE ]
If you just called I wouldn't put you on a weak holding.

sc000t 09-11-2007 10:16 PM

Raise preflop.

I'd bet this hand 1/2 psb on down. If board pairs and theres player behind yet to act, I like checking it to them.

Buzz-cp 09-11-2007 10:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I am new to playing PLO for money. I just recently started playing cash. I don't have a any reads on these players because I have only been at the table for maybe 3 rotations.

Help me figure out how I can extract the most money without chasing away any action. Thanks.

8 players
Converter

Stack sizes:

Pre-flop: (8 players) Heroine is UTG+1 with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Flop: T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($1.35, 5 players)

Turn: K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($1.35, 5 players)
BB checks, UTG checks,

Heronie then?

[/ QUOTE ]

weird--when I quote your post, the formatting is good.

Poker monkey 09-11-2007 11:37 PM

Sounds like you are playing scared. Maybe move down in stakes?

Think to yourself: "Do I have a good hand?". Then "Do I have any reason to believe someone else has a better one?". If answers are "yes" and "no", bet. You can't really go wrong with pot-size.

Slowplaying a flush or straight on the flop, especially multi-way, is pretty much never a good idea in Omaha.

good luck

jpg7n16 09-12-2007 12:34 AM

if you don't bet now, you will have turned a royal flush and won $1.35 w/ it. yay.

the sooner you bet, the higher the chance that number goes up. In such a small pot (6BB) you may as well bet pot. If no one calls, they don't have anything (which they prob don't)... and you win 1.35 anyways. give yourself a chance to win a bigger pot.

Slap My Jack 09-12-2007 12:57 AM

Remember all the times people with sets called pot pot to try to boat up and rivered you? They'll do it here too. Charge them for it.

legopoker.com has a good hand converter.

RoundTower 09-12-2007 05:26 AM

I think you did everything right with the converter, but 2+2 was briefly broken, or you need to check the "use UBBcode" box somewhere in your 2+2 preferences.

you should bet or raise all streets here and hope to get called by worse.
[ QUOTE ]

8 players
Converter

Stack sizes:

Pre-flop: (8 players) Heroine is UTG+1 with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Flop: T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($1.35, 5 players)

Turn: K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($1.35, 5 players)
BB checks, UTG checks,

Heronie then?

[/ QUOTE ]

JanelleBB7 09-12-2007 06:58 AM

Thanks poker monkey,

Yes you are absolutely correct. I am playing scared and what is funny is a friend of mine suggested that I move up to this level. As you can see I am still uncomfortable with that level. I was playing the 5c/10c. I will just try to play with more confidence.

JanelleBB7 09-12-2007 07:01 AM

Yes, this is what I came to realize. I made very little with such a phenominal hand. I guess I just have to hope the other person over plays there smaller flush. I was trying to slowplay hoping that the two players after me would give action and I see now that doesn't work. However, they may call if I bet 1/2 the pot maybe on the flop? Say if someone had trips or lower flush they may call hoping to get a full house? what do you think?

JanelleBB7 09-12-2007 07:02 AM

How did you get it to work.. you know what I think maybe it is because the Make post part was UBBcode.. and not Html.. opps sorry I am new.. forgive me I will do better next time.

JanelleBB7 09-12-2007 07:04 AM

lol thats just what i was thinking.. I am posting on here wrong aren't I? I answer everyone. Thank for the link. I will try it.

Triantafylidis 09-12-2007 07:50 AM

No worries Janelle, we were all new at one point or another, good to have you here and I enjoy the post. Yes you were in early position, and although calling isn't terrible here with so many people behind, I'd like to juice this pot up a little as you have a pretty strong drawing hand. Since you are in EP, a pot size bet preflop will not be a huge bet, it may induce many callers behind you that are calling for pot odds and to have position on the original raiser(you). Even if you have to check/fold the flop, I like raising preflop here.

Secondly, on the flop you basically have two choices. Depending on how many players have followed to the flop, you may want to check to see someone lead out behind you. This has its own risks too as many times people will check behind and then you aren't adding any value to the pot.

If you choose to bet this flop, I would bet 3/4 pot. The 1/2 pot bet seems too fishy and people may see your hand as face up. Another reason I like the preflop raise is because it puts you in position to continuation bet this flop, most of the time people will see this as a c-bet and call you down with worse flushes and sets hoping to pair up.

What is all boils down to is if people catch. No matter how you play this hand, you aren't going to get stacked off unless someone hits the monster.

As for the stakes your playing, are you properly rolled for those stakes? It's adviseable to keep around a 30 buy in bankroll for PLO. If you dont have it, don't be discouraged about playing .05/.10 like you said you were, but take the occaisional shot at .10/.25 and when you're ready .25/.50. I think .25/.50 is where players actually start to know what they are doing, but of course there are still the standard fish in the tank that stack off with top 2 pair on every flop. Hope this was helpful and PM me if you wanna talk more about strategy or have questions. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

RoundTower 09-12-2007 09:30 AM

wow being a girl gets you so many answers, most of them helpful and friendly, and at least one request to "PM for further help".

Triantafylidis 09-12-2007 09:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
wow being a girl gets you so many answers, most of them helpful and friendly, and at least one request to "PM for further help".

[/ QUOTE ]\

Rofl, girlzzz wooooot
I'm just in a good mood today, had a 15 BI upswing last night [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

JanelleBB7 09-12-2007 10:04 AM

If you choose to bet this flop, I would bet 3/4 pot. The 1/2 pot bet seems too fishy and people may see your hand as face up. Another reason I like the preflop raise is because it puts you in position to continuation bet this flop, most of the time people will see this as a c-bet and call you down with worse flushes and sets hoping to pair up.

... Yes, after thinking about it when I am at a table for any length of time they begin to realize when I 1/2 bet the pot I am up to something and they tend to fold. I am afraid sometimes to be too aggressive because I don't want to scare them off but I see this is the best way for me to get paid off.

As for the stakes your playing, are you properly rolled for those stakes? It's adviseable to keep around a 30 buy in bankroll for PLO.
... I bulit my bankroll up from $50 to $443 so I can afford to come in with $15 which is a little higher than the 5c/10c. Although what I was planning on doing is playing partly at 10c/25c and partly at 5c/10c. If I start lossing, just play at 5c/10c.

Hope this was helpful and PM me if you wanna talk more about strategy or have questions.
... PM means?

I have actually a lot of questions on how to use Poker Tracker. I am trying to figure it out but I am not sure how to use it at all other than seeing how much money I am making. I find it hard to play and look at it even though I only two table.

Your post is very helpful thank you.

Triantafylidis 09-12-2007 10:29 AM

PM = private message, click on the "my home" link and you can view your messages.

As for the bankroll, good job grinding 5/10 cent. You are still a lllliiiitttle under rolled for .10/.25 but not by much. I wouldn't worry about it unless you have like a 5 buy in swing. Can't help you with the pokertracker stuff, i dont use it. But im sure you can find an answer. Use the search function, people have ?'s about PT all the time.