Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Televised Poker (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   Poker After Dark thread (Bracelet Winners - Monday) (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=498274)

Kevmath 09-11-2007 12:18 AM

Poker After Dark thread (Bracelet Winners - Monday)

Tonight starts a brand new series of Poker After Dark episodes, this week dedicated to WSOP Bracelet winners, starting at 2:05am Tuesday morning on NBC. Tonight's table features these 6 multiple bracelet winners:

Chris Ferguson - 6 Bracelets
Erik Seidel - 8 Bracelets
Layne Flack - 5 Bracelets
TJ Cloutier - 6 Bracelets
Doyle Brunson - 10 Braclets
Phil Hellmuth - 11 Bracelets

Micro Donk 09-11-2007 12:22 AM

Re: Poker After Dark thread (Bracelet Winners - Monday)

i guess hellmuth reached an agreement with the producers (after his boiling over on that one PAD)

Kos13 09-11-2007 03:59 AM

I forgot how much Layne annoys me.

KSOT 09-11-2007 06:03 AM

I can't believe Ferguson went broke with 99 that early.

private joker 09-11-2007 06:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

He also claimed he was getting 2:1 to call Doyle's shove, but he wasn't. He started the hand with about 14k, and his initial raise was to 2,900, so he was getting about 17:11 by my count; I think the graphics showed him facing a 12k raise into a pot of 17.9k, so pretty much the same thing -- 3:2 at best, certainly not 2:1.

gameoverjc 09-11-2007 07:19 AM

is there still a link on nbc's website to watch the episodes in their entirety? right now it seems like brief 10 second highlights only.

Kevmath 09-11-2007 09:16 AM

http://www.nbcsports.com/poker/poker_afterdark.htm will be the link, I'm assuming it'll be up later today.

sokiraJ 09-11-2007 11:09 AM

Layne Flack is like the male version of Vanessa Rousso.

BrandiFan 09-11-2007 12:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]qft
Anybody notice TJ's "online poker is rigged" jab? He must be the unluckiest man alive...

Boothill 09-11-2007 03:55 PM

The hand between Layne (Qh4d) and Phil (9c2c) was hilarious, layne telling him "i will make the embarassing 300 bet for you, so you don't have to turn your hand over" Phil calls and then he shows the Q4 for fourth pair, and says "its like printing money boys" then TJ "he turns it over with all the confidence in the world"

rewt75 09-11-2007 04:18 PM

I get a big kick out of Layne. I don't find him annoying at all. He doesn't sit there for 10 minutes hiding behind giant sunglasses trying to figure out if he's going to call a flop raise all-in with bottom pair no redraw. His actions are quick and decisive and his table talk is entertaining.

mattw 09-11-2007 04:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]qft
Anybody notice TJ's "online poker is rigged" jab? He must be the unluckiest man alive...

[/ QUOTE ]

when he plays the the come line at craps, this is where bad luck is.

mike matusow will argue strongly he is the unluckiest player. he has stated that he is down millions online.

i agree that fergurson going bust with 99 was a marginal call. perhaps hes trying to mix it up.

Phanekim 09-11-2007 11:05 PM

Seidel will win. Flack is not annoying. Why does doyle show up if he's always disinterested. Ferguson going broke with 9s...yeah...

chicken10der 09-11-2007 11:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why does doyle show up if he's always disinterested.

[/ QUOTE ]
free stake + free steak

JimmyGunz 09-11-2007 11:11 PM

Flack was fun to watch, Hellmuth said it best when he said that Flack could handle him at the table better than anyone else

Slow4dr 09-11-2007 11:30 PM

Doyle will win.

Rottersod 09-11-2007 11:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

He also claimed he was getting 2:1 to call Doyle's shove, but he wasn't. He started the hand with about 14k, and his initial raise was to 2,900, so he was getting about 17:11 by my count; I think the graphics showed him facing a 12k raise into a pot of 17.9k, so pretty much the same thing -- 3:2 at best, certainly not 2:1.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was shocked that he called. Of all people he should know that you don't need to get involved in big pots early in PAD. And what was up with his interview with Shana after the hand? It looked like he was tweaking.

TenEightClubs 09-12-2007 01:13 AM

Flack needs to stop smiling, his teeth look like a horses mouth.

private joker 09-12-2007 03:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I get a big kick out of Layne. I don't find him annoying at all. He doesn't sit there for 10 minutes hiding behind giant sunglasses trying to figure out if he's going to call a flop raise all-in with bottom pair no redraw. His actions are quick and decisive and his table talk is entertaining.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well said. Flack is okay in my book.

FatRed 09-12-2007 02:08 PM

Ferguson floored me with that call, too.

Flack is absolutely not in the same category as Vanessa. She is uber annoying, with her "I know all the math!" At every opp. she's like "60-40" or "12 percent", and she wouldn't even be right half of the time (not exactly right- I guess I can be a nit) she was just using the 4x rule on the flop and the 2x rule on the turn, it got really annoying really fast.

Flack's table talk is actually interesting and he seems like a fun guy to play with. And he clearly is a no limit hold em expert (like the rest of the table). Definately a great episode.

rewt75 09-12-2007 04:30 PM

Flack's also got this casually elegant way of handling his chips and his cards that reeks of him having been playing live for many years. For a strictly internet player who has trouble cutting out any kind of bet or raise with chips, it's cool to see someone handle their ammo skillfully.

This is a very good table to watch, regardless of whether it's because these are the first new episodes we've seen in a while or because of the player caliber.

TJ cracks me up as well. He's just a regular old dude who could be your grandpa watching football on the couch but then you picture the guy dumping thousands at a craps table and taking down poker tournaments.

I agree with everything said about Ferguson's call. It's hard to believe that with the amount of concentration he shows with every single hand he plays and the lack of a need to get involved with what is most likely at best a coinflip that he makes that call there.

Chilltown 09-12-2007 05:33 PM

Flack=Vanessa Rousso? Flack is fun to watch and has very funyn and entertaining table talk...Vanessa would be mildly fun to look at naked with the volume off.

Rottersod 09-12-2007 05:49 PM

I enjoy Flacks ongoing commentary but sometimes it gets old. Ill bet he's pretty happy to have Hellmuth to his left though.

AKoffsuit 09-12-2007 08:54 PM

I think Ferguson just got tired of the game
it's only 20k
Shana asks good questions "do you have to gamble early in a tournament?"

Dima2000123 09-12-2007 10:01 PM

Sometimes it seems like Ferguson out-thinks himself. It's not the first time he makes a shocking call on PAD, he called away all his chips to Johnny Chan with K5o in his first show as well. And what's the deal with the supposed math guy getting the pot odds so wrong? Jesus is one of those pros whose play never awed me.

charliecozz 09-13-2007 01:13 PM

Did Layne Flack actually tell the female dealer that women and children should be seen and not heard? And then calling all the cocktail waitresses Sweetie 5 times-what a douche!!

Rottersod 09-13-2007 04:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think Ferguson just got tired of the game
it's only 20k
Shana asks good questions "do you have to gamble early in a tournament?"

[/ QUOTE ]

You "think" he got tired of the game? What, do you have some kind of esp into his brain? We were all watching the same show, right? It wasn't "only" 20k. It was 120k. He doesn't play high stakes cash games so this is where he makes his living.

And Shana can ask all the good questions she wants but if they give her stupid answers like he did and she won't come back with a follow-up then it's just more pointless fluff and nothing to make note of.