Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Medium Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   multipart, turned underset deep (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=496274)

DJ Sensei 09-08-2007 07:10 AM

multipart, turned underset deep

6-handed 5/10. I open the CO with 77 and the big stack. Button, an aggressive regular, calls with 2k behind. blinds fold. Relevant(?) history: he 3-barreled me from oop for stacks earlier at 10/20 on a Q65 A 2 board, he had 77, I called and won with AQ.

Flop is A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], I lead $60 into $85, he calls.

Turn is 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. Pot is $200, stacks are $1900 behind. Whats my best play?

reup 09-08-2007 08:04 AM

Re: multipart, turned underset deep

he's raising jt on the flop right so three streets of value fury would be my vote.

Borned_Luckbox1 09-08-2007 08:28 AM

$180

DrMagic 09-08-2007 08:51 AM

$165, I'm at least calling a raise too

BombayBadboy 09-08-2007 09:27 AM

Anything but betting seems bad. I'd lead for ~170.

Hattifnatt 09-08-2007 09:48 AM

technologic 09-08-2007 11:14 AM

i agree, seems like a standard bet?

FireStorm 09-08-2007 11:43 AM

Lead for $155.

aditya 09-08-2007 11:54 AM

177, telling him in code that you have 77 and that the river is going to be a 7.

jlocdog 09-08-2007 11:55 AM

DJ,

Are you debating your turn play because you don't want to burn 2 buyins on bottom set on this board or are you just looking for the best line to extract the most from the BN?

I understand that a heart/T-A is not the best card and you may be looking to moderate the pot until you see a 'safe river' but in doing so, you most likely wont maximize your gains for the river bet.

Your hand is so well disguised. Make it happen here with a nice bet.

Irish Mafia 09-08-2007 12:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
$165, I'm at least calling a raise too

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL.

MDMA 09-08-2007 01:05 PM

Why is that so funny?

dtan05 09-08-2007 01:34 PM

lol i'm going to be retarded and say check raise looks sweeeet, because
1) he's aggressive so he'll probably bet, and
2) he'll never believe you. I'd probably get it in here.

please correct my very flawed logic.

DrMagic 09-08-2007 02:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why is that so funny?

[/ QUOTE ]

MatthewRyan 09-08-2007 03:03 PM

I would think he RRs QQ-AA AK AQ pre, so I would put him on either: flush draw, pair+draw, or QK (maybe JT, not sure if he would raise the flop). vs all these hands I like a bet/3bet

brandofo 09-08-2007 03:03 PM

Nielsio 09-08-2007 04:43 PM

I think it depends how he will view your c/r and if he might see it coming. Given that he's a regular I think he will view a c/r as not much else except a very strong made hand. Given his aggressive nature a c/c and a check might be a nice creative play; he's definitely going to view a turn c/c as pot-control and will act accordingly. He could be the type to actually raise a draw on the turn, I don't know.

Turn c/r seems to work well against dumb aggro players, but in this case I might just bet.

Irish Mafia 09-08-2007 04:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why is that so funny?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know - to me, and I think anyone else, it was OBVIOUS that you would AT LEAST call a raise. How could anyone even consider folding to a raise - it means you put him SQUARELY on J-10...(and even then you could still call depending on the size of his raise).

Nothing against the guy who posted the advice - I just found it humorous b/c I don't think it offered anything more than OP already knew; rather I think he was looking for the best line to extract the most value. To that end, i'm not sure - but if he's aggro, he's gonna bet the turn and a cr would be pretty nice. Its a tricky spot - but an enviable one too. Sorry for the "LOL".

Edit - consider stack sizes I guess its possible he could flat-call pf w/ QQ, but I don't know villain. I immediately assumed he'd rr QQ+, but looking at stacks that may not be the case.

DJ Sensei 09-08-2007 06:15 PM

Alright, well, I went for a c/r, because I did indeed think he erred on the "dumb aggressive" side given our history. I think leading again is also fine, though. Anyhow, I checked, he bet $140, I made it $550, he called.

Pot is about $1300, he has $1350 left.

river is A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. whats my play?

Ship Ship McGipp 09-08-2007 06:25 PM

shove, pray he's got AJ or AT or JT that got tricky, buit you're beat here a decent amount

74o_Clownsuit 09-08-2007 06:31 PM

Go all-in and get snapped off by his J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

AAismyfriend 09-08-2007 07:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Alright, well, I went for a c/r, because I did indeed think he erred on the "dumb aggressive" side given our history. I think leading again is also fine, though. Anyhow, I checked, he bet $140, I made it $550, he called.

Pot is about $1300, he has $1350 left.

river is A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. whats my play?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea if your read is that he's really aggro, I like c/ring the turn because while he will check behind some of the time , this is your best shot of getting as much money in the middle as possible. The river seems like a pretty easy shove, and hope he talks himself into calling with worse, since in his mind, this is a pretty sick board for you to run a big bluff on given the preflop action.

AcTiOnJaCsOn 09-08-2007 07:46 PM

if hes a regular i liek the check raise since it will lower his floating frequency on future hands, and he wouldnt think that ud check a good hand to him on a scary board like that

Ship Ship McGipp 09-08-2007 07:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
if hes a regular i liek the check raise since it will lower his floating frequency on future hands, and he wouldnt think that ud check a good hand to him on a scary board like that

[/ QUOTE ]

oh man, that's sexy! only problem is, this is a terrible board to float on, a great board to double barrel, and the reason that he thinks you wouldn't check a good hand to him like that, is because you shouldnt! good response tho donk!

AP81 09-08-2007 08:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

oh man, that's sexy! only problem is, this is a terrible board to float on, a great board to double barrel, and the reason that he thinks you wouldn't check a good hand to him like that, is because you shouldnt! good response tho donk!

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you serious? This is a terrible board to double barrell.

Ship Ship McGipp 09-08-2007 08:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

lol? this is an absolutely fantastic board to double barrel- i should take that back, this is a pretty good board to double barrel, but a fantastic board to triple barrel. the only reason to think it's not that great of a board to fire more guns at is bc it's such a terrible board to float is, but actionjackson apparently think it's a good flop to float, so who knows?! maybe the kids are floating this flop nowadays!

you're out of your mind if you think anything other.

AP81 09-08-2007 08:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

lol? this is an absolutely fantastic board to double barrel- i should take that back, this is a pretty good board to double barrel, but a fantastic board to triple barrel. the only reason to think it's not that great of a board to fire more guns at is bc it's such a terrible board to float is, but actionjackson apparently think it's a good flop to float, so who knows?! maybe the kids are floating this flop nowadays!

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah ok, I agree with that. It could be a very good spot to double barrell if you follow up on the river with another bet. I think the worst line you can take with air on the turn is to bet again and give up on the river, though. But I'm guessing you agree with me after your last post.

dtan05 09-08-2007 08:53 PM

I can't really put him on a hand that beats you. AQ MAYBE?

The thing is, I think he never bets with the hands that we WTFPWN, so I give him a chance to be a donk and bet again. I c/r him AI or c/c his AI.

tufat23 09-08-2007 09:38 PM

river bet 400, call shove

dtan05 09-08-2007 09:40 PM

woops i mean, i don't think he calls with most of the hands that we WTFPWN.

DrMagic 09-08-2007 11:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Why is that so funny?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know - to me, and I think anyone else, it was OBVIOUS that you would AT LEAST call a raise. How could anyone even consider folding to a raise - it means you put him SQUARELY on J-10...(and even then you could still call depending on the size of his raise).

Nothing against the guy who posted the advice - I just found it humorous b/c I don't think it offered anything more than OP already knew; rather I think he was looking for the best line to extract the most value. To that end, i'm not sure - but if he's aggro, he's gonna bet the turn and a cr would be pretty nice. Its a tricky spot - but an enviable one too. Sorry for the "LOL".

Edit - consider stack sizes I guess its possible he could flat-call pf w/ QQ, but I don't know villain. I immediately assumed he'd rr QQ+, but looking at stacks that may not be the case.

[/ QUOTE ]

Please understand that the OP is not the only person who will take on board the advice in this thread, while DJ may know not to fold if he bets and get raised here, others may not. Mneh anyway.

bottomset 09-08-2007 11:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Go all-in and get snapped off by his J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

wait that doesn't sound like fun

jlocdog 09-09-2007 04:07 AM

DJ,

I prefer a b/3b on the turn because of this possible scenario. I alluded to it in my first post. Because there are many cards that are not ideal for you, you have to be able to create a nice balance of getting value from your winners while controlling (somewhat) the coolers. By b/3b'ng the turn you attempt to get the money in on the turn when you can comfortably feel as though you are ahead, all the while having enough behind as to not feel committed on the river if one of those crap cards peel off. But if a 'safe' card falls you will still have ample opportunity to get the money.

cliff notes to incoherent drunk ramble- I want to be able to get all the money in on the turn, or I want to have choices come a bad river. As played you bloated pot on the turn, thereby committing yourself to any river card that may fall good or bad.

dtan05 09-09-2007 04:20 AM

well jloc, thing is he probably isn't raising the turn very much, with his combodraws and such. agree/disagree? If we fire again on turn, we're looking mighty strong, because it's the "standard" line for playing a strong hand. However, bet > c/r is less standard, so he might level himself into thinking we have a weak hand, which is why I like checking the river as well.

jlocdog 09-09-2007 04:35 AM

If I bet the turn and he just calls I am not upset about those developments.

a) I either have the best hand and he is making a mistake by drawing getting improper odds.
b) I have the worst of it and he is not maximizing on his value (since I have left room to get away from it or atleast not stack off come river).
c) If he does have a combo draw, I have no problem getting value on the turn and seeing if the river is friendly to me before committing.
d) If the river misses, I have a good opportunity to extract from inducing a bluff since this is a good spot for him to get over zealous I feel given all the possible hands that he feels kick my ass.
e) We can't rule out that he won't raise us if he feels we are pushing a light double barrel OR he actually has a legitemate second best hand.

Overall, I want to dictate when the STACKS go in. The turn doesn't allow for stacking unless he is a dumbass or has a better hand. Getting a few hundo in the pot on the turn is nice (as a c/r accomplishes) but getting the thousand+ in is my goal. And it is only my goal on the turn or a safe river. A c/r does not allow this line.

Again, sorry if I make no sense. I promise I do in my own head...

jlkrusty 09-09-2007 05:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If I bet the turn and he just calls I am not upset about those developments.

a) I either have the best hand and he is making a mistake by drawing getting improper odds.
b) I have the worst of it and he is not maximizing on his value (since I have left room to get away from it or atleast not stack off come river).
c) If he does have a combo draw, I have no problem getting value on the turn and seeing if the river is friendly to me before committing.
d) If the river misses, I have a good opportunity to extract from inducing a bluff since this is a good spot for him to get over zealous I feel given all the possible hands that he feels kick my ass.
e) We can't rule out that he won't raise us if he feels we are pushing a light double barrel OR he actually has a legitemate second best hand.

Overall, I want to dictate when the STACKS go in. The turn doesn't allow for stacking unless he is a dumbass or has a better hand. Getting a few hundo in the pot on the turn is nice (as a c/r accomplishes) but getting the thousand+ in is my goal. And it is only my goal on the turn or a safe river. A c/r does not allow this line.

Again, sorry if I make no sense. I promise I do in my own head...

[/ QUOTE ]

jloc,

Great post. Excellent points. Agree completely.

fees 09-09-2007 07:40 AM

How often if ever does he mix up his play?
I think calling with overpairs and AK/AQ are two seperate catagories.. so how often does he overset/2pair you?

My guess is he calls more than most agaisnt you IP? I would guess he has hearts here alot, and the other stuff less frequently. I also think he will show up with j10 once and a while.

Fair so far? If this is the case I think I bet, and bet most rivers.. I think a river check is kind of transparent and he wont bluff/thin value often enough.
So 175 on turn, if he raises I def 3b shove (stacks permitting I guess? not doing math its freakin early) and if he flatcalls I'll fire 485 on most rivers

dtan05 09-09-2007 12:45 PM

I dunno jloc, I guess I would c/r and let him bluff his hand because he's overaggro, so I'd guess he'd be the one betting river if he missed. Also, A bet > c/r > check seems like you just messed up the hand somewhere imo.

I guess I feel bad for letting him draw so cheaply when there are like 22-23 potentially bad cards for us (out of 44, half the deck [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img])- namely 3A, 3K, 3Q, 4J, 4T, and 6 other hearts (5 if we have 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img])

Are you check calling the river on blanks because he missed?, and think he's gonna be overaggro? On a river that brings a danger card, are you check calling anyway, because it might've been a missed draw? Let's assume 3/4 PSB for his river bet sizing.

I think it is very important to know if he would fire a river bluff after a 2 barrel than a barrel + c/r here, but I'm guessing most people would fire after 2 barrels instead of a barrel c/r (because its much more polarized to v strong, v weak hands)

dtan05 09-09-2007 12:46 PM

sorry for being retarded jloc, I think your line is completely fine fwiw, I'm just trying to explain mine [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img].

AP81 09-09-2007 04:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh wait, I thought you said you agree that it's a bad board to double barrell but good if you triple barrell. It's still a horrible board to double barrell if you're just going to c/f the river, that should be pretty obvious.