Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Medium Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   A few heads up hands, beautifully awkward! (with possible sexytime) (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=496013)

Ship Ship McGipp 09-07-2007 08:00 PM

A few heads up hands, beautifully awkward! (with possible sexytime)

Villian is WhinniePie. Seems like a straightforward TAG, I had him as super nitty for a long time, now that is probably only sometimes true.

We don't really have any respect for each other's game.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $10 BB (2 handed) Hand History converter Courtesy of PokerZion.com

ae [censored] jones ($2272.50)
Button ($1063)

Preflop: ae [censored] jones is BB with 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Button raises to $30</font>, <font color="#CC3333">ae [censored] jones raises to $110</font>, Button calls $80.

Flop: ($220) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">ae [censored] jones bets $135</font>, Button calls $135.

Turn: ($490) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
ae [censored] jones checks, Button checks.

River: ($490) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

What are you donks doing on the river?

Next two hands are about 30 minutes later, I'm getting the best of him, he says I'm just running hot obv (how else could someone like me win).

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $10 BB (2 handed) Hand History converter Courtesy of PokerZion.com

ae [censored] jones ($3543)
Button ($990)

Preflop: ae [censored] jones is BB with J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Button raises to $30</font>, ae [censored] jones calls $20.

Flop: ($60) J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
ae [censored] jones checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets $40</font>, <font color="#CC3333">ae [censored] jones raises to $155</font>, Button calls $115.

Turn: ($370) 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
ae [censored] jones checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets $330</font>, <font color="#CC3333">ae [censored] jones raises to $860</font>

Literally, the next hand (obv he folded in the one above but I'm still curious-ish on the line).

ae [censored] jones ($4057.50)
BB ($1000)

Preflop: ae [censored] jones is Button with 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">ae [censored] jones raises to $30</font>, BB calls $20.

Flop: ($60) A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">ae [censored] jones bets $60</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises to $160</font>, ae [censored] jones calls $100.

Turn: ($380) 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, ae [censored] jones checks.

River: ($380) 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets $300</font>

?

nuggetz87 09-07-2007 08:12 PM

Re: A few heads up hands, beautifully awkward! (with possible sexytime

1. bet for sure, seems like he would check behind anything you beat besides a flush, and he'll j ust call a bet with a flush anyways.

2. good line to have vs. aggressive opponents on that flop.

3. fold river if you don't think folding flop is good which i agree with.

jfish 09-07-2007 08:15 PM

1.) $377
2.) love it
3.) call

Pasterbator 09-07-2007 08:18 PM

gotta bet hand 1.

i love the line in hand 2 bc hes probably floating that flop with a lot.

i fold the 3rd one. You've let him know that you have showdown value by checking the turn, so theres no reason that he should think you're folding to a river bet...unless you have him on complete tilt and he just bets when you check...

yea, i still fold.

jfish 09-07-2007 08:22 PM

paster, what range do you put him on that bets the river like that in H3? its soooo small considering he c/red A26r (when we have a 6) flop and he didnt rr pf. it kind of eliminates good aces and 66. if i had to guess id be most afraid of 67, 35, 44 or some [censored].

JEFF or DAD 09-07-2007 08:23 PM

ya hand 3 is an ez call after learnin a bit of hand reading from duck [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

nuggetz87 09-07-2007 08:25 PM

yeah hand 3 is a call his range of real hands there is really small...i'm a fish at thinking logically

jfish 09-07-2007 08:26 PM

lets all tell jfish how good he is at calling [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img].

Pasterbator 09-07-2007 08:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
paster, what range do you put him on that bets the river like that in H3? its soooo small considering he c/red A26r (when we have a 6) flop and he didnt rr pf. it kind of eliminates good aces and 66. if i had to guess id be most afraid of 67, 35, 44 or some [censored].

[/ QUOTE ]

ive seen people play any A like this before... usually when i've been c/r them a lot bc if im c/r then they want to c/r too.

I dont hate a call just for the pwnage factor, but im sure you see A8/A9 type stuff a bunch too.

And all those hands you just posted also are legit.

Eagles 09-07-2007 08:43 PM

Hand 1 You have to bet... you have the best hand like always but he's checking back the river a ton.

Hand 2: Flop/PF are good. Turn... its not something I would do often which doesn't make it bad... I guess it depends on how often he bets his fds when you check. I think he will bet them pretty often because he expects you to fold a lot and doesn't want you to showdown q high or something.

Hand 3: Fold...He can def show up with ax here and it just doesnt seem like a spot a standard tag would bluff often.

AAismyfriend 09-07-2007 09:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
1.) $377
2.) love it
3.) call

[/ QUOTE ]

nuggetz87 09-07-2007 09:17 PM

i just think for hand 3 with a weak ace people c/c flop a lot more than c/r check turn. or they maybe bet the turn. it's just really unlikely they have an ace imo, basically what jfish said.

Ship Ship McGipp 09-07-2007 09:17 PM

in hand 3, a bluff is so terrible though

so so so terrible

doesn't he HAVE to know it's terrible? jesus christ

Pasterbator 09-07-2007 09:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
in hand 3, a bluff is so terrible though

so so so terrible

doesn't he HAVE to know it's terrible? jesus christ

[/ QUOTE ]

IME when people tilt HU, they dont think about hands at all and make stupid plays.

that said, i still fold even tho a call is maybe ok sometimes.

Ship Ship McGipp 09-07-2007 09:23 PM

i think i should have called that one

Ship Ship McGipp 09-07-2007 09:23 PM

also, why does not one wanna CRAI in hand one

AAismyfriend 09-07-2007 09:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea I was considering this, and I think it's cool as long as you're sure he's gonna value bet a hand like 88/99 every time. I know I'd feel really [censored] stupid if the river checked through and he showed a mid pair that he'd likely talk himself into calling a bet with. In hand 3, I think an ace is unlikely, and if he has a hand it's some stupid 2 pr hand or a set that decided to get tricky on the turn and go for spite c/rai since it looks like you owned him with that line in hand 2.

HEK 09-07-2007 09:35 PM

1. $300 - $350
2. interesting line. I like it. Although a chk/chk and then river c/r all in would be even sicker and definitely more sexy.
3. fold to the flop c/r. Fold river.

AMT 09-07-2007 09:37 PM

1) bet river
2) me likes but not my default line
3) i like folding river, i can see a call.

HEK 09-07-2007 09:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

YOU do not wanna crai in hand 1 (on the river i'm assuming) bc he knows that you will often crai there because u so [censored] tricky because ur ae [censored] jones and all. So he'll check back mid pairs much often vs you than any other opponent but he'll call a river bet with that same hand more often vs you than most other opponents.

Pasterbator 09-07-2007 09:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

bc i dont like it.

but thats bc i dont think OUTSIDE the box.

ahnuld 09-07-2007 10:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

cause its a really bad play?

Ship Ship McGipp 09-07-2007 10:02 PM

HEK, you can't seriously wanna fold to the flop CR in the K6 hand. c'mon now, even against the straightforwardist of nits, it's probably a call.

As for the river CR, I don't expect him to bet 88/99 but def KK/QQ.

I mean, after bet check bet I'm just rarely bluffing, seems like he could fold two eights if I led the river in that hand.

Ship Ship McGipp 09-07-2007 10:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

whoa whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat

ahnuld 09-07-2007 10:04 PM

I really have a hard time believing hes gonna call with anything less than an ace. Its a good bluff spot though.

Just bet dude

olof86 09-07-2007 10:10 PM

checkraising in hand 1 is all about how thin he valuebets, it's def something to consider doing, betting is prob better though.

Hand 2, made the exact same thing at pretty much the indentical board earlier today(had KJ too), vs some tight HU reg @ 2/4, he called me with a weak J (I can see you get floated here a ton too). With that said, I love it.

hand 3, meh.. hard to see him bluffing here. but if he knows that u knows that he shouldnt be bluffing here, you should prob call right? that doesn't stop him betting for value though^^_^^

jfish 09-07-2007 10:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

word

jfish 09-07-2007 10:30 PM

Re: A few heads up hands, beautifully awkward! (with possible sexytime)

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

also lol, wtf does this have to do with anything? i figure most decent msnlers think theyre better than 90% of the people they sit with, doesnt mean you have to remind us all the time [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img].

AAismyfriend 09-07-2007 11:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

also lol, wtf does this have to do with anything? i figure most decent msnlers named aejones think theyre better than 100% of the people they sit with, doesnt mean you have to remind us all the time [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img].

[/ QUOTE ]

FatalError 09-07-2007 11:39 PM

Re: A few heads up hands, beautifully awkward! (with possible sexytime)

hand 1 i bet 101$ and rep king hi

mythrilfox 09-08-2007 02:26 AM

in hand 1 you can have an ace there plenty, so just use that to cover your c/ring and betting... also this:
[ QUOTE ]
YOU do not wanna crai in hand 1 (on the river i'm assuming) bc he knows that you will often crai there because u so [censored] tricky because ur ae [censored] jones and all. So he'll check back mid pairs much often vs you than any other opponent but he'll call a river bet with that same hand more often vs you than most other opponents.

[/ QUOTE ] is really insightful i think. good post hek.

hand 2 seems ridiculously standard, not sure why you posted it. what's the question? you can play this hand almost anyway you want and have it be correct, as long as you're getting money in the pot.

hand 3 come on, i don't see how you guys can call this. our range here is ace/6/midpair and i think he'd expect aejones to call these a ton, especially if he reads these forums. although, on the other hand, if he's really good he'll know this and bluff because most players are not capable of bluffing given the previous hand and this board texture. i dunno how good he is though... if he's really good you have to call some % of the time, but you didn't really seem to indicate that in your OP.

hands 1-3: come off it, just post the hand like a normal person. you're not awesome, despite what your mom tells you.

Ship Ship McGipp 09-08-2007 03:49 AM

i led for like 285 or 300 in the first hand and he calls with two kings instantly, against a really good thinking player who likes to v-bet thin I think it is clearly a check, bc stack sizes are pretty awkward.

he folded the second hand very quickly

i tanked and folded the third hand. it would be so atrocious for him to bluff here, i have no idea if he knows, but i went off that idea. i agree it looks like a call, but it might be a fold for that very reason. not sure what level he was on exactly here, given the previous hand i think i'm more likely to want to go back and call- but [censored] happens and i think a fold and a call are both very close to neutral ev in this hand.

teh_minbet_pokr 09-08-2007 05:48 AM

what are you doing in hand 1 when he shoves your lead on riv?

Ship Ship McGipp 09-08-2007 02:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
what are you doing in hand 1 when he shoves your lead on riv?

[/ QUOTE ]

calling instant motherfcukenly

jfish 09-08-2007 02:57 PM

calling a river shove in h1 is just lol.

Teh1337zor 09-08-2007 02:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

prob for us but aejone's image is so radically different that its hard to say

Ship Ship McGipp 09-08-2007 03:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

wow are you serious? no way man, it's a super easy bet-call, especially if i bet 285.

i would have beat him into pot man, instantly.

he'd be way more likely to have 99 turning into a bluff to fold QQ than an ace, WAY more likely.

bet folding is pretty lol to me.

jfish 09-08-2007 03:19 PM

you do realize Ax is a big part of your range here. him shoving in spite of that shows quite a bit of strength......

jfish 09-08-2007 03:20 PM

but then again im no smart lag so i wouldnt understand [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img].

ahnuld 09-08-2007 03:33 PM

yeah jfish, ffs, image, he has no image, dont you know THAT!!