Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   News, Views, and Gossip (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   doping in poker (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=495847)

Laty 09-07-2007 03:35 PM

doping in poker

Do You think high stakes poker players should be doping tested ?

grando 09-07-2007 03:36 PM

Re: doping in poker

hahahahah

edit: yes

Wolverine 09-07-2007 04:06 PM

No, just micro stakes players.

Crazy Porto 09-07-2007 04:09 PM

no just jamie gold he got way to lucky

FireStorm 09-07-2007 04:09 PM

End your life.

IrOnLaW 09-07-2007 04:13 PM

testing for amphetamines and such, maybe, but doping, if u are sure what that word means, I say no.......

fraac 09-07-2007 04:32 PM

Of course yes. Hilarity, nvg, etc.

stetda 09-07-2007 04:34 PM

On behalf of Vinnie Vinh... NO!

Orlando Salazar 09-07-2007 04:49 PM

Maybe if there were a Pro Poker League with outside sponsors and a 5 month series of tournes where the best gets paid the biggest share. Otherwise, get speeded, weeded and coked up for all i care. Only speed makes you better, and that's not really viable for too long.

fraac 09-07-2007 04:53 PM

Acid makes you better. I can safely tell people this because no one believes me, then they go talking about 'the next level' as if that means anything. Bleh.

pokahjunkie 09-07-2007 05:10 PM

I can speak from experience. After being on a week long diet of blow or opiates, your decision making isn't at its peak. I've actually handed out drugs and booze at my home game. TAG to LAG in a couple of lines.

RikaKazak 09-07-2007 05:11 PM

on one hand tons of drugs increase players performance

on the other hand tons of drugs hurt players

overall...I think the pressence of drugs HELPS A TON the average clean poker pro winrate

rocketsfan4lyfe 09-07-2007 05:32 PM

yes, psychedelics helps you read the players better

SenatorKevin 09-07-2007 05:36 PM

LOL @ TAG to LAG in a couple of lines.

fraac 09-07-2007 05:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
yes, psychedelics helps you read the players better

[/ QUOTE ]
Not during the trip, ldo.

hijack 09-07-2007 05:51 PM

Have you ever seen a man drink his own urine?

Cap_Of_Water 09-07-2007 05:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
speed makes you better, and that's not really viable for too long.

[/ QUOTE ]
y?

kassdog 09-07-2007 05:59 PM

NO because it doesn't matter. No poker player has an advantage while on drugs. Anyone else at the table can take them, who's stopping them. I take adderall all the time and can say it only helps for long sessions but its hard to be on adderrall and staying in one place for 10 hours.

redCashion 09-07-2007 06:12 PM

What about Modafinil? It is supposed to promote wakefulness and mental alertness without the side effects of speed or caffeine. I've always wanted to try it, but it's being regulated as a controlled substance at this point.

If you read the Slate magazine article about it, it is postulated that this drug will eventually be everywhere and used as a food and drink additive the way caffeine is now.

JEFF or DAD 09-07-2007 06:29 PM

from what ive seen a certain swede do on speed, im all for bannin drugs

TruePoker CEO 09-07-2007 07:00 PM

you die..... a definite -EV.

silkyjonson 09-07-2007 07:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
NO because it doesn't matter. No poker player has an advantage while on drugs. Anyone else at the table can take them, who's stopping them. I take adderall all the time and can say it only helps for long sessions but its hard to be on adderrall and staying in one place for 10 hours.

[/ QUOTE ]

The paragraph above is a good example why not to use amphetamines.

kindergartencop 09-07-2007 07:42 PM

my winrate doubled since i started juicing. steroids give me the strength and confidence to put in all my chips. i just feel so [censored] powerful at the table now i know i cant be stopped. i think soon steroids will be more prevalent in poker than in baseball tbh.

brandofo 09-07-2007 10:25 PM

I always play on LSD just to be safe.

degeneratum 09-07-2007 10:30 PM

well i wrote a long response to this but when i though i had submitted it, i was only previewing.
As someone who has used adderal for the last 6 years i can definitely attest to it not being viable longterm. It's extremely addictive and is responsible for my 30 hour marathons followed by 4 day vacations at least 2x a month. I dont know if OP was serious or not, but testing for speed in poker is lunacy. one, its an invasion of privacy, and two, the game is voluntarily played. Come try to impose that rule on anyone with even a half a ball. having said that, my friend who basically mentored me during sophomore year when i was just learning happened to write for the school paper. after 6 mos. i was beating him in our HU SNGs like 70% of the time. I picked up the paper one day on my way to class, to find an article by him suggesting that adderall was a performance enhancing drug and should be banned from poker.

Cliff notes: while adderall/ritalin may be useful in sustaining short term awareness and probably increases your brains raw processing power threefold, it IS too good to be true. amphetamines damage the ability to learn new tasks and I curse the day I started taking them. But I do owe them credit for poker being my sole income stream for the last 3 yrs.

kerr 09-07-2007 10:34 PM

OP should be dope tested

shmergle 09-07-2007 11:57 PM

No, certain posters should be dopiness tested.

augie_ 09-08-2007 12:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
its hard to be on adderrall and staying in one place for 10 hours.

[/ QUOTE ]

someone's never taken adderall! obviously this question is dumb, it's just a fricken game of cards. but i am 100% confident a player on adderall has a significant advantage.

ReptileHouse 09-08-2007 12:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Have you ever seen a man drink his own urine?

[/ QUOTE ]

This post needs more love.

Anamul 09-08-2007 01:21 AM

When asked, a while back, why He did so well in the 2001 (I think) WSOP ME - Mikey said He was on Speed for the whole Tournament!

WhoIam 09-08-2007 01:45 AM

When sitting at a table for the first time, I like to smoke a small vial of crack. Most players will immediately categorize me as a "crackhead" and will pay me off with mediocre holdings even though I'm playing a solid TAG game.

mookboi 09-08-2007 03:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
End your life.

[/ QUOTE ]

davidlong14 09-08-2007 01:03 PM

NO

Sly Selea 09-08-2007 01:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What about Modafinil? It is supposed to promote wakefulness and mental alertness without the side effects of speed or caffeine. I've always wanted to try it, but it's being regulated as a controlled substance at this point.

[/ QUOTE ]

Excellent choice, Red. What is often not mentioned, and what make this the perfect drug for poker and combat, is that it makes you brave, too.

As a C-4, I wouldn't expect it's DEA classification to change anytime soon. It's also horribly expensive, running around $10 a tablet retail. No idea what that would run on the street.