Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   UFC 75 -- is it live on Spike? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=494836)

whangarei 09-06-2007 07:32 AM

UFC 75 -- is it live on Spike?

Any UFC fans know if the fights Saturday on Spike TV are live? It starts at 9:00 EST on Spike and it's being held in London. It would be odd if they were fighting starting at 2 AM London time.

Davey 09-06-2007 08:05 AM

Re: UFC 75 -- is it live on Spike?

Pretty sure I heard it was on tape delay but Im just going off memory.

KDawg 09-06-2007 09:43 AM

it will be on tape delay. Dana White admitted it was a mistake to run it fully live back in June when they were in belfast

whangarei 09-06-2007 10:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
it will be on tape delay. Dana White admitted it was a mistake to run it fully live back in June when they were in belfast

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, I'm gonna need to steer clear of all media/Internet Saturday then [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

DonkeyKongSr 09-06-2007 12:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I have a few friends that I see every UFC PPV with. We go down to Huntington Beach, CA to a street near the pier that is nothing but bars and restaurants. On UFC Saturday nights, nearly every place is showing the event and packed. That Saturday at noon, there was 1 place showing it and they didn't get full until an hour or so into the event. Bad idea having a noon PPV.

KDawg 09-06-2007 01:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I have a few friends that I see every UFC PPV with. We go down to Huntington Beach, CA to a street near the pier that is nothing but bars and restaurants. On UFC Saturday nights, nearly every place is showing the event and packed. That Saturday at noon, there was 1 place showing it and they didn't get full until an hour or so into the event. Bad idea having a noon PPV.

[/ QUOTE ]

that was one of the problems that he cited was that they didn't have a split feed for the west coast, and even on the replay that happened around 7est didn't do all that well for those that live on the west coast. Basically it was an experiment that didn't work out well

MikeyPatriot 09-06-2007 01:42 PM

Yeah, I'm staying the [censored] away from anything that might spoil the fight.

sixfour 09-08-2007 07:44 AM

Bump - I noticed Setanta (in the UK) advertising the fight tonight, anyone know if that's on a separate PPV channel or on the normal package you pay a tenner a month for? Would be tempted to subscribe for a couple of months if it's the latter.

sixfour 09-08-2007 04:16 PM

Never mind, it's on Sopcast now

Joe Tall 09-08-2007 07:12 PM

I know the results for the Rampage fight. My wife works for him and is with his kids right now as I type. She just called me. PM me if interested.

The X-Factor 09-08-2007 07:27 PM

The whole card's results are on wikipedia.

Joe Tall 09-08-2007 07:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The whole card's results are on wikipedia.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wasn't there when I posted it.

Magra 09-08-2007 07:41 PM

Was trying to avoid the results all day, but the pressure got to me to look at them. Not dissapointed with the results though

Joe Tall 09-08-2007 09:24 PM

Brag: I'm headed over to Quinton Jackson's house tonight to watch the fight with his family and friends of the family.

The X-Factor 09-08-2007 09:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Brag: I'm headed over to Quinton Jackson's house tonight to watch the fight with his family and friends of the family.

[/ QUOTE ]

Beat: You'll be in the hood.

Joe Tall 09-08-2007 09:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Where do you live if you think this is the hood? Irvine, CA, In 2006, the median gross rent paid for housing was $1,660 a month. This was the highest of any place in the United States of more than 100,000 people.

Rampage profile

The X-Factor 09-08-2007 10:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Where do you live if you think this is the hood? Irvine, CA, In 2006, the median gross rent paid for housing was $1,660 a month. This was the highest of any place in the United States of more than 100,000 people.

Rampage profile

[/ QUOTE ]

Obv you cant take a joke. lmao

Edit: Way to go linking Rampage's profile so everyone can see the outcome of the fight. Hopefully you didnt ruin it for anyone.

Joe Tall 09-08-2007 10:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Rampage profile

[/ QUOTE ]

Edit: Way to go linking Rampage's profile so everyone can see the outcome of the fight. Hopefully you didnt ruin it for anyone.

[/ QUOTE ]

There was some jacka$$ earlier in the thread that mentioned Wiki had the results for the whole card up. Just look a few posts up.

The X-Factor 09-08-2007 11:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Rampage profile

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

There was some jacka$$ earlier in the thread that mentioned Wiki had the results for the whole card up. Just look a few posts up.

[/ QUOTE ]

I didnt post a link without warning either. You really bore me...

The X-Factor 09-08-2007 11:07 PM

What a joke on the Hamill fight. Hamill dominated.

BigMac1082 09-08-2007 11:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What a joke on the Hamill fight. Hamill dominated.

[/ QUOTE ]
QFT I was shocked by the result.

I_AM_EVIL 09-08-2007 11:12 PM

Matt got robbed. He controlled the whole fight. The decision was a F'n joke.

The X-Factor 09-08-2007 11:13 PM

Thats what you call good ole home cookin'

Ibanez8185 09-08-2007 11:26 PM

London should be proud, the judges had to BS the decision so their fighter could get the win. Congrats Bisbing, but the rematch will not be in the UK.

firstsun03 09-08-2007 11:29 PM

Doubt there'll be a rematch because Bisping is moving down to 185

firstsun03 09-08-2007 11:32 PM

Even though I do think Hamill won the fight, it was a lot closer than you guys think. The takedowns in the second round weren't really worth much since he let him up. Also Bisping was alot more aggressive in the last two rounds

Ibanez8185 09-08-2007 11:46 PM

I don't think it was close at all. Bisping didn't land anything until the last minute of the second round, and he had no take downs. Hamil kept up the agression up until the 3rd round where that was the only close round of the 3.

The only problem I saw with Hamil was his cardio when he couldn't keep his hands up. No way in hell did Bisping win the fight. The ground and pounder out struck the striker.

I would really like to see a rematch anywhere but the UK.

firstsun03 09-08-2007 11:50 PM

I definitely think that Hamill outstruck him in the first, and I agree that Bisping didn't land much but that damage at the end of the round was worth just as much as the takedowns in my opinion. I think his last flurry at the end of the third round won him the fight because of the shots he landed and him stuffing Hamill's last shot. If Hamill puts him down he wins the fight.

The X-Factor 09-09-2007 12:07 AM

Why did they not give Rampage the Pride title?

firstsun03 09-09-2007 12:08 AM

That's what I was wondering

Chilltown 09-09-2007 12:10 AM

Cause its unified or something so there's only one now.

good fight from rampage, looked like dan was controlling him for the first round or so then he lost it

cant believe what a joke cro cop is in the ufc...he looks so passive out there

firstsun03 09-09-2007 12:15 AM

He really looks like he doesnt care anymore which sucks because I really wanted to see him take it to Sylvia, Arlovski, and Vera. But it looks like his weakness has been exposed again.

Hoya 09-09-2007 12:47 AM

Henderson's cardio was always a bit questionable, and he struggles against top guys at 205 - the size disadvantage wears him down. He should drop to 185 to challenge Silva.

firstsun03 09-09-2007 12:52 AM

I really don't think that is the case since his last two wins were against Wandy and Vitor. He seemed fine against Vitor and he obviously did well against Wandy. I think it was just that Rampage is a horse and powered through Hendo. I do think he could be better at 185 and Hendo-Silva would be sweet.

gehrig 09-09-2007 01:12 AM

man cro cop was depressing [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] cro cop vs cabbage gogogo. wasnt that impressed with kongo

was v surprised at how good hamill looked. i watched the fights with 5 other ppl and we were all pretty outraged at the decision

davis fight was a lot of fun

rampage is the man holla

gehrig 09-09-2007 01:15 AM

mark hunt supposedly signed. wtf are they gonna do with him

MikeyPatriot 09-09-2007 01:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Link?

danvh 09-09-2007 02:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Put him on a diet?? I like Hunt, but wasnt he fighting around 280?

Also, I was looking for the fight where Hunt and another fighter trade free shots, Hunt's highlight vids have the wierdest music..

Maria?

Rave??

I_AM_EVIL 09-09-2007 02:20 AM

I heard the announcers say something about Brock Lesnar. Is he signing/signed with UFC?

danvh 09-09-2007 02:28 AM

Announcers mentioned both Brock and Fedor, neither of which have signed. There have been reports of Brock meeting with UFC, but nothing has been announced.

Goldberg went so far as to say Fedor was coming to fight Randy during that fight, so I dont know if they were just talking out their asses or setting something up..