Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Tattoos (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=488105)

Wynton 08-28-2007 08:36 AM

Tattoos

I had one of those "you are really out of touch and old" moments the other day, when my wife told me that tattoos are pretty popular now, at least among 20 yr olds. She noted that, even at her stuffy old law firm where she works, she knows that many young associates reportedly have tattoos.

Is this true? If so, is there one particular location of the body that is used especially? Is there a specific tattoo that is the most popular?

Also, WTF are you people thinking anyway? Don't you know these things are permanent, sort of?

sightless 08-28-2007 08:41 AM

Re: Tattoos

http://www.adamrichardson.com/2p2/tattoo-bbv.jpg

otnemem 08-28-2007 08:48 AM

How old are you?

Wynton 08-28-2007 08:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
How old are you?

[/ QUOTE ]

imitation 08-28-2007 09:19 AM

i'm not going to get a tatoo ever but i'm thinking about sporting different wild temporary tatoos each weekend i go out, i've been wearing those thin sweatbands and a few other wrist objects lately seems to get the girls talking i think temporary tatoos would be an awesome addition.

on the side tatoos are moderately popular in Australia but I haven't seen any surge just different styles between what i'd see on a 20yr old and a 30yr old.

The B 08-28-2007 09:20 AM

they call em' tramp stamps

http://www.tattoosunlimited.com/tatt...ack-tattoo.jpg

wet work 08-28-2007 09:33 AM

Tattoos are everywhere now. And it's definitely not just people in their 20's. They've been getting increasingly more popular for years. When you have several reality TV shows devoted to tattoos I think it's safe to say they're popular. I have friends with just one or two, some with none and others are completely covered.

Girls tend to get tattooed on their ankles/lower back.
Guys generally get tattooed on their upper arm first. There are all sorts of popular styles/types of tattoos.

Personally, I have one tattoo. It's a dragon that will cover about 25% of my body when it's fully completed. My gf has a backpiece that's an upside down tree with the roots wrapping around her neck.

Your last comment reminds me of this comedian I saw years ago. "I can understand a wife and kids, but a tattoo? They're so permanent!"

imitation 08-28-2007 09:38 AM

i've noticed forearm tatoos coming in in Australia as far as location goes replacing the upper arm tatoo, probably on the back of a few sports players who have them their. They tend to be tribal type tatoos, which I think is pretty cool if you are a maori which is where they gained prominence.

otnemem 08-28-2007 09:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
How old are you?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
IMO this is too young to not realize that tattoos are everywhere. I thought you were going to say 60 or something.

Fabian 08-28-2007 09:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Personally, I have one tattoo. It's a dragon that will cover about 25% of my body when it's fully completed.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Wynton 08-28-2007 09:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
How old are you?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
IMO this is too young to not realize that tattoos are everywhere. I thought you were going to say 60 or something.

[/ QUOTE ]

What can I say, I'm oblivious beyond my years.

TheDudeAbides 08-28-2007 10:12 AM

Does anyone know how much tattoos cost? Not that I'm planning on getting one, but I'm just curious how much people spend on them.

otnemem 08-28-2007 10:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Does anyone know how much tattoos cost? Not that I'm planning on getting one, but I'm just curious how much people spend on them.

[/ QUOTE ]
Depends on size/location/geographical location.

I have one tattoo that's about 3.5 in. by 3 in. It cost $160 with tip in West Virginia, and it's on my back.

oddjob 08-28-2007 11:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I have one tattoo that's about 3.5 in. by 3 in. It cost $160 with tip in West Virginia, and it's on my back.

[/ QUOTE ]

tramp stamp?

MissT74 08-28-2007 11:10 AM

My first tattoo was designed just for me, 1 of a kind! I was in Minnesota visiting my best friend, was 25 at the time and it's on my left breast. I absolutely love it! (It's the letter "T" with the comedy/tragedy masks hanging over the left and right bars of the "T" with musical notes in the background.)

My 2nd tattoo is on my right foot, 2nd toe, it's the letter "C" surrounded by a flower in honor of my daughter.

My 3rd tattoo is going to be a fairy in midflight (I collect fairies) sipping an apple martini in her left hand, with her right hand stretched out behind her holding pocket aces or some other signature poker hand (KhQh perhaps??) Just don't know where to put it. Ankle/calf? Shoulder?? Totally not sure where which is why I haven't done this one yet.

T

otnemem 08-28-2007 11:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

tramp stamp?

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes, it's a series of Chinese symbols on my lower back that translate as: [censored], [censored] and seminal fluid.

Actually, that sounds kind of cool.
EDIT: one starts with a c, the other starts with a t and means the same thing.

adsman 08-28-2007 11:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
My first tattoo was designed just for me, 1 of a kind! I was in Minnesota visiting my best friend, was 25 at the time and it's on my left breast. I absolutely love it! (It's the letter "T" with the comedy/tragedy masks hanging over the left and right bars of the "T" with musical notes in the background.)

[/ QUOTE ]

What the?

[ QUOTE ]
My 2nd tattoo is on my right foot, 2nd toe, it's the letter "C" surrounded by a flower in honor of my daughter.

[/ QUOTE ]

She must be thrilled. I know I would be.

[ QUOTE ]
My 3rd tattoo is going to be a fairy in midflight (I collect fairies) sipping an apple martini in her left hand, with her right hand stretched out behind her holding pocket aces or some other signature poker hand (KhQh perhaps??) Just don't know where to put it. Ankle/calf? Shoulder?? Totally not sure where which is why I haven't done this one yet.

[/ QUOTE ]

How about on your inside left butt-cheek? Oh and by the way, how the hell are you going to communicate the fact that it's an apple martini?

MissT74 08-28-2007 11:16 AM

Smart ass.

Apple Martini = Martini glass, green liquid, red cherry, LDO.

T

otnemem 08-28-2007 11:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]

T

[/ QUOTE ]
If these tattoos/concepts are real, I feel so bad for you.

EDIT: Please tell me the T somehow refers to your own name. No, don't tell me that, actually.

adsman 08-28-2007 11:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Smart ass.

Apple Martini = Martini glass, green liquid, red cherry, LDO.

T

[/ QUOTE ]

Classy. You'll pick up for sure!

MissT74 08-28-2007 11:25 AM

LOL, my nickname is "T" AKA MissT and has been for years. I guess you have to see them to appreciate them, but I love them, their on my body, so that's all that matters. Each tattoo actually means something to me vs just getting a tramp stamp or some tribal arm band that means nothing but "Hey look at me" to people who get them. Most don't even know what their tattoos say when getting Chinese/Japanese words inked.

T

adsman 08-28-2007 11:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I guess you have to see them to appreciate them,

[/ QUOTE ]

Looks like it's time for you to post some photo's up for us.

otnemem 08-28-2007 11:30 AM

My general rule is that any tattoo that refers to the name/nickname of the tattoo's recipient is bad, no matter what. And the fairy tattoo is just, I can't even form the words to describe...

MissT74 08-28-2007 11:34 AM

Pictures coming up, just trying to figure out how to get them here from my cell phone. Give me 10 mins.

T

adsman 08-28-2007 11:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Pictures coming up, just trying to figure out how to get them here from my cell phone. Give me 10 mins.

T

[/ QUOTE ]

Awesome.

oddjob 08-28-2007 11:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

T

[/ QUOTE ]
If these tattoos/concepts are real, I feel so bad for you.

EDIT: Please tell me the T somehow refers to your own name. No, don't tell me that, actually.

[/ QUOTE ]

seriously, these sound horrible

Wynton 08-28-2007 11:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
My general rule is that any tattoo that refers to the name/nickname of the tattoo's recipient is bad, no matter what. And the fairy tattoo is just, I can't even form the words to describe...

[/ QUOTE ]

Please elaborate. I'm curious about any other guidelines people have for determining what makes a decent tattoo.

niss 08-28-2007 11:44 AM

Miss T,

Please ignore the haters. Those tattoos sound hot.

Maybe we could grab a drink together tonight. What do you say I pick you up at your trailer around 8?

MissT74 08-28-2007 11:50 AM

LOL, don't let the trailer town fool you. I'm a balla.

OK, maybe someone can help me, I was able to get the pics up on my blog, but can't figure out how to get them here to this thread. Help??

T
(Blog address in my profile, don't know if I'm allowed to post the addy in the thread)

adsman 08-28-2007 11:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
(Blog address in my profile, don't know if I'm allowed to post the addy in the thread)

[/ QUOTE ]

It would be better if you didn't, on so many levels.

Worrots 08-28-2007 12:00 PM

Photobucket is your friend.

http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z.../231Tattoo.jpg

http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z.../232Tattoo.jpg

Second toe longer than big toe? Weird.

MissT74 08-28-2007 12:02 PM

Very observant, I was going to mention that about my 2nd toe and see if anyone knew what it meant [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

T

oddjob 08-28-2007 12:02 PM

how's the rennassaince faire this year?

Georgia Avenue 08-28-2007 12:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
LOL, don't let the trailer town fool you. I'm a balla.

OK, maybe someone can help me, I was able to get the pics up on my blog, but can't figure out how to get them here to this thread. Help??

T

[/ QUOTE ]

Herrrrrrre ya go:

http://bp2.blogger.com/_cQrOSOU_TGE/...232+Tattoo.jpg http://bp2.blogger.com/_cQrOSOU_TGE/...231+Tattoo.jpg

You sound trashtastic. I think I'm in love!

MissT74 08-28-2007 12:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Never been to one, but yes, I'm a Thespian. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

T

otnemem 08-28-2007 12:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Holy [censored], that's awesome.

Georgia Avenue 08-28-2007 12:15 PM

play misty 4 me

Hahaha wait, I've met you! You went to ATLarge this year? And last? We played in the pinkchip game and you got destroyed.

I know you but you don't know me lol.

--GA

JackInDaCrak 08-28-2007 12:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Very observant, I was going to mention that about my 2nd toe and see if anyone knew what it meant [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

T

[/ QUOTE ]

It means that from an evolutionary standpoint you're more closely related to our simian ancestors who had prehensile toes.

MissT74 08-28-2007 12:21 PM

Re: play misty 4 me

[ QUOTE ]
Hahaha wait, I've met you! You went to ATLarge this year? And last? We played in the pinkchip game and you got destroyed.

I know you but you don't know me lol.

--GA

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep, ATLARGE last 2 years, will be back this year and yes, I got destroyed in the pink chip game. Lost $100 or $200 in about 30 mins. [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

T

Georgia Avenue 08-28-2007 12:32 PM

Re: play misty 4 me

I did get the trick of menacingly turning my thumb up and jabbing it skyward a few times while stacking out raising chips from you didn't I?

I like doing that.
You talk loudly.
--GA