Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro Stakes Limit (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   spewmonkey?!? who you callin' spewmonkey? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=487887)

bennyhana 08-28-2007 12:09 AM

spewmonkey?!? who you callin\' spewmonkey?

mp1 83/16/1 one of the good kind that overplays bad hands for you. <font color="white"> err...maybe that's hero? </font>
mp2 is 35/7/2 basicly an idiot.
sb is the tighty at 20/7/1.5

Full Tilt 1/2 Hold'em (9 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, SB calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (7 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, MP2 calls, SB calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>,

CrMenace 08-28-2007 12:11 AM

Re: spewmonkey?!? who you callin\' spewmonkey?

This looks good to me.

BigBadBabar 08-28-2007 12:30 AM

we're pushing a (hopefully) 35% edge putting 25% of the money in, and killing our implied odds (plus the small chance we're up against a better flush draw sometimes) -- our pair outs are no good and we have no straight redraws or high card power -- i actually think given our relative position this is a tiny bit -ev. it's not terrible though obviously because usually we're the only flush draw and if we hit we win a big pot.

EDIT - i thought it was 3way and not 4way. that makes it closer but i still want to preserve our implied odds against bad laggy villains. when we go berserk like this then check the turn it basically says what we have and also then if a flush card comes bad laggy villains won't go wild with crap hands like they might have otherwise.

tyler_cracker 08-28-2007 12:32 AM

the raise is for value pretty often with no one folding, but you sort of turn your hand face up, especially when you miss and check the turn. (your line looks like a monster, so you could bet the turn and pretend you have 22 or maybe JT, but this hand goes to showdown pretty often so it's not gonna work.)

of course, you're going to have a tricky decision if you just call and then hit -- do you donk? do you try to c/r mp1? so i guess just building a pot now while everyone is trapped is not such a bad thing.

tyler_cracker 08-28-2007 12:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
we're pushing a (hopefully) 35% edge putting 25% of the money in

[/ QUOTE ]

amirite?

ProfessorBen 08-28-2007 12:35 AM

Babar hit the nail on the hammer.

The worst part of this is that given the description of the villains, this play doesn't just slightly decrease our implied odds, but ruins them completely when villain is willing to put in tons of bets with JT/KJ/T2/22/etc.

BigBadBabar 08-28-2007 12:44 AM

oh, my bad, i thought it was 3way and not 4way for some reason. i'll edit above.

marchron 08-28-2007 12:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Babar hit the nail with the hammer.

[/ QUOTE ]
/nit

ProfessorBen 08-28-2007 12:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
/nit

[/ QUOTE ]

I hate playing this card but...
&lt;--Loc.

Thanks anyways.

Xylocain 08-28-2007 12:48 AM

Marcrons post is on

Gib 08-28-2007 12:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Babar hit the foot with a piano.

[/ QUOTE ]
/nit

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

bennyhana 08-28-2007 12:58 AM

Full Tilt 1/2 Hold'em (9 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, SB calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (7 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, MP2 calls, SB calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 caps</font>, MP2 calls, SB folds, Hero calls.

Turn: (12 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, MP2 folds, Hero ????

OK, so what's the plan now?

Gib 08-28-2007 12:58 AM

getting back on track...

Im not a fan of the play here unless I've got pair outs in which case I would rather raise flop.

Therefore I would just call/call (this may seem suspicious, but i prefer drawing that way here)

ProfessorBen 08-28-2007 01:00 AM

3b/call cap.

bet/call all non diamond, board pairing river.

Gib 08-28-2007 01:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]

<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, MP2 calls, SB calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 caps</font>, MP2 calls, SB folds, Hero calls.

Turn: (12 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, MP2 folds, Hero ????

[/ QUOTE ]
MP1 could have just AK here maybe even with a diamond, I would raise again &amp; if he caps i slow down.

Given ur flop line he may put u on a set, so if he caps there's a good chance we're still ahead.

sharpie 08-28-2007 01:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

80/16 can't hold too many better flush combos that raised PF compared to sets, hands like QJ, AK, and even spewy overpairs. I'd 3 bet.

BigBadBabar 08-28-2007 01:06 AM

3town

all i am worried about really given his play (on previous streets) at this point is ak diamonds for the royal [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img], or some kind of random higher flush like A8 diamonds or something.

however he's a superlag so i'm not really even really considering that yet. he can also reasonably hold overpairs with the diamond, the ak straight, or sets. or he could have total trash, or two pair, or something.

either way jam it now.

shane88888 08-28-2007 01:32 AM

Given the action you've already put in, villain probably didn't put you on a flush draw.

Villain is 83/16. The probability that he's a moron exceeds the chance he has a better flush.

I go to three-town.

bennyhana 08-28-2007 01:37 AM

FACK!!

I swear, I get more pissed at myself for not winning enough on the hands I do win than I get at myself for losing more on the hands I should have lost less.

Thanks guys. I'm still a little gunshy when it comes to ramming and jamming on the turn and river.

I was thinking I should have 3 bet turn, but I kept seeing monsters under my bed, and in my closet, and in my underwear drawer, and in the pool, and in the bed of my truck and walking up my driveway....

Xhad 08-28-2007 01:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This turn donk makes no sense to me unless you knew in advance you wanted to 3bet.

bennyhana 08-28-2007 01:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This turn donk makes no sense to me unless you knew in advance you wanted to 3bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess I was more expecting 2 calls than 1 raise. Had it been 2 back to me, I would have had to make a tough decision.

tyler_cracker 08-28-2007 02:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
/nit

[/ QUOTE ]

I hate playing this card but...
&lt;--Loc.

Thanks anyways.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL YOUR MASCOT IS A TREE YOU ARE AN EXPERT ON CARPENTRY METAPHORS.

Buzz-cp 08-28-2007 02:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
3b/call cap.

[/ QUOTE ]

calling Xhad...

Xhad 08-28-2007 02:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
3b/call cap.

[/ QUOTE ]

calling Xhad...

[/ QUOTE ]

Against an opponent this nutty and unpredictable it's not out of the question he caps with like the A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] and a part of the board and then checks the river. Basically that rule is for opponents who are at least somewhat predictable and the proviso that opponent will reliably bet the river is a pretty big one. All that said I would still c/c river here without a more detailed read.