Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   50 Cent's Intelligence Level (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=487047)

willw9 08-26-2007 11:00 PM

50 Cent\'s Intelligence Level

A friend just recommended the new 50 Cent single, "I Get Money," to me. I'm pretty into rap and I like 50 a lot, so I downloaded. I listened to it and got to thinking, "Man, isn't there something else he can rap about?" I mean his other single from Curtis (new album) is entitled Straight to the Bank, and he obviously talks about making money in like every other song.

My friend replies: "Dude, what else can he rap about? If he took an IQ test, he'd be borderline retarded."

I completely disagree with these sentiments. The guy is worth roughly $100 million, and he obviously didn't come from a very affluent background.

So, is 50 just merely marketable, or is their actually some brains behind the bank?

ilya 08-26-2007 11:01 PM

Re: 50 Cent\'s Intelligence Level

I think your friend is very naive

LetItBe 08-26-2007 11:03 PM

Knowing what your doing does not correlate to your IQ. From what I have heard, most people in Mensa are complete real-life disasters because they are so socially inept.

CheckCheckFold 08-26-2007 11:03 PM

50c owns 10% of vitamin water. the man is a genious

ownage

xxThe_Lebowskixx 08-26-2007 11:04 PM

[censored] gets paid.

ilya 08-26-2007 11:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Knowing what your doing does not correlate to your IQ. From what I have heard, most people in Mensa are complete real-life disasters because they are so socially inept.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, that's because Mensa self-selects for socially inept people out of the enormous pool of people who qualify

Although there was that study recently suggesting that as your IQ goes up, your chances of getting laid go down...

LetItBe 08-26-2007 11:06 PM

Really? I did not know that. Either way, my comment still stands. IQ and being successful in life don't necessarily correlate...IQ doesn't measure those things that can make someone very successful.

siccjay 08-26-2007 11:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think your friend is very naive

[/ QUOTE ]

willw9 08-26-2007 11:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Really? I did not know that. Either way, my comment still stands. IQ and being successful in life don't necessarily correlate...IQ doesn't measure those things that can make someone very successful.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is irrelevant. Is the man intelligent?

Dictionary.com:

Intelligent - having good understanding or a high mental capacity

KingGeedorah 08-26-2007 11:09 PM

lol y are u trying to like level someone whos obv a retard?

ilya 08-26-2007 11:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

correlation doesn't work like that man...either IQ correlates to success or it doesn't...and research suggests overwhelmingly that it does

if your point is that it's very possible to be successful without having a high IQ, then obv. i agree

sightless 08-26-2007 11:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The guy is worth roughly $100 million,

[/ QUOTE ]
How does this demonstrate this intelligence level?

1aguilas 08-26-2007 11:10 PM

I think we're arguing two different things. I think that 50 would test poorly on an IQ test, but he obviously has enough business savvy to be successful. With that being said, I'm sure he has a million advisers telling him what to do to make the most money.

XXXNoahXXX 08-26-2007 11:12 PM

1. what does it matter how smart he is, he doesn't write his own lyrics any more/if at all?

2. even if he does, he has a formula that sells millions, it'd be dumb to change.

3. i think the correct answer is that both of your are dumb, but for different reasons.

LetItBe 08-26-2007 11:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
if your point is that it's very possible to be successful without having a high IQ, then obv. i agree

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, it was, apparently not well communicated [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

ilya 08-26-2007 11:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think we're arguing two different things. I think that 50 would test poorly on an IQ test, but he obviously has enough business savvy to be successful. With that being said, I'm sure he has a million advisers telling him what to do to make the most money.

[/ QUOTE ]

what basis do you have for thinking he would not do well on an IQ test? the test requires very little outside knowledge, so his lack of formal education wouldn't count against him. meanwhile, he is a self-made multimillionaire AND an acclaimed (yes ok not universally) artist.

willw9 08-26-2007 11:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
1. what does it matter how smart he is, he doesn't write his own lyrics any more/if at all?

2. even if he does, he has a formula that sells millions, it'd be dumb to change.

3. i think the correct answer is that both of your are dumb, but for different reasons.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm just posing a simple question.

shane88888 08-26-2007 11:16 PM

If anyone wants to see if there's a correlation between IQ and wealth, read Richard Branson's autobiography "Losing My Virginity." (It's out of print but can be found.)

1) I am convinced he wrote the book himself
2) He is not a man of overwhelming intellect. Trust me.

I do have immense respect for his attitude, work ethic, and energy.

If 50 listens to his handlers, then he's got more than enough brains.

ilya 08-26-2007 11:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, it was, apparently not well communicated [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

well i'm very familiar with the inverse from personal experience, so it made sense to me

LetItBe 08-26-2007 11:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm just posing a simple question.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I was confused enough, as were others apparently...are you asking if he is intelligent or are you asking how he would score on an IQ test? He's obv intelligent, who knows how he would score on on IQ test.

sightless 08-26-2007 11:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
He's obv intelligent,

[/ QUOTE ]

how do you know that

swingdoc 08-26-2007 11:24 PM

Unless you know the man personally and lived to tell the tale, how the hell can you say whether he is intelligent or not or has a high IQ or not? He could be brilliant, could be a dumbass. Based on the public info I'd put it at something like 4-1 odds that he's at least above average. Then again, there are a bajillion facets of intelligence as any good psychologist/educator will tell you, so asking this broadly is sort of useless.

LetItBe 08-26-2007 11:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
He's obv intelligent,

[/ QUOTE ]

how do you know that

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't, just my guess based on his track record. Plenty of very talented entertainers have failed because they couldn't grasp how to transform those talents into commercial success. I think it takes a certain intelligence to be able to do that. Maybe he just surrounded himself with the best/brightest in the industry, I don't know, but I would err on the side of him understanding what to do to remain successful.

1aguilas 08-26-2007 11:25 PM

Intelligence Quotient (IQ) is supposed to measure your intelligence, so are you arguing that IQ is not a good measure of intelligence?

LetItBe 08-26-2007 11:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Intelligence Quotient (IQ) is supposed to measure your intelligence, so are you arguing that IQ is not a good measure of intelligence?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, I just think there are different types of intelligence.

The Yugoslavian 08-26-2007 11:26 PM

50 cent is an extremely driven, quite talented, quite smart guy who got backed by the right guys at the right time.

He's also ridiculously insecure which is sorta sad, but I guess inevitable. Hopefully when Kanye slaughters him at the box office he can get not insecure.

Yugoslav

tuq 08-26-2007 11:27 PM

I think there is roughly a 100% chance that istewart will get one of his current accounts banned when he sees this thread.

pergesu 08-26-2007 11:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
He's also ridiculously insecure which is sorta sad, but I guess inevitable. Hopefully when Kanye slaughters him at the box office he can get not insecure.

[/ QUOTE ]
Kanye doesn't care about 50. I mean he probably respects that 50 does well, but I doubt he thinks of him as any kind of competition. Kanye's real competitor is JT.

wtf6192002 08-26-2007 11:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
A friend just recommended the new 50 Cent single, "I Get Money," to me. I'm pretty into rap and I like 50 a lot, so I downloaded. I listened to it and got to thinking, "Man, isn't there something else he can rap about?" I mean his other single from Curtis (new album) is entitled Straight to the Bank, and he obviously talks about making money in like every other song.

My friend replies: "Dude, what else can he rap about? If he took an IQ test, he'd be borderline retarded."

I completely disagree with these sentiments. The guy is worth roughly $100 million, and he obviously didn't come from a very affluent background.

So, is 50 just merely marketable, or is their actually some brains behind the bank?

[/ QUOTE ]

100 Million? He got 400 million from vitamin water alone.

Plus hes not just rapping about money. His [censored] is way deeper than that [censored] kanye west that pretends to have something to say.

Plus whats wrong with Getting Money. Thats the motha [censored] point. You work hard to get out of that environment and get a little something.

siccjay 08-26-2007 11:49 PM

It's sad because he used to be really dope and interesting rapper. Money and fame can water down the best of them though.

MuresanForMVP 08-26-2007 11:51 PM

his [censored] is way deeper than that?

50's Music:
1).I gets da money
2).I gets da bitches
3).I dun' been shot and still lived suckah

ThaSaltCracka 08-26-2007 11:56 PM

I would guess his intelligence level is pretty much in line with the average persons.

AntonHeat 08-27-2007 12:04 AM

Why does everyone judge "Intelligence" by how well you score on a test or how much complex math you can do. There are many many levels...

Curtis is obv smart at what he does (street smarts I guess) maybe knowing the right people etc and how to handle himself. So ya I would say he is smart at what he does or just knows the right people.

garcia1000 08-27-2007 12:12 AM

Here's my thousand words:
http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/700/intqi7.png

yi style 08-27-2007 12:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
His [censored] is way deeper than that [censored] kanye west that pretends to have something to say.

[/ QUOTE ]

lets not get silly here...if we're talking straight lyricist skills,

kanye > 50

i like them both but 50 just makes club/thug songs, which is fine cause it sells...he's smart in that aspect.

kanye's much more versatile

TomHimself 08-27-2007 12:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Kanye doesn't care about 50. I mean he probably respects that 50 does well, but I doubt he thinks of him as any kind of competition. Kanye's real competitor is JT.

[/ QUOTE ]kanye wont come close to outselling 50

nath 08-27-2007 12:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Plus hes not just rapping about money. His [censored] is way deeper than that [censored] kanye west that pretends to have something to say.

[/ QUOTE ]
Ah, fanboys.

LuckOfTheDraw 08-27-2007 12:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Why does everyone judge "Intelligence" by how well you score on a test... ?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm in no way going to argue over the legitimacy of IQ tests, but the fact that they are designed to test intelligence is a pretty good start.

jackblack73 08-27-2007 12:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

100 Million? He got 400 million from vitamin water alone.

Plus whats wrong with Getting Money. Thats the motha [censored] point. You work hard to get out of that environment and get a little something.

[/ QUOTE ]
50 did not make $400M from Vitamin Water.

http://www.sixshot.com/articles/7220/

tuq 08-27-2007 12:24 AM

By the way, Jerry's Kids forum called and they don't want their thread back because it's gotten too retarded for their taste.