Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Entourage 8/26 (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=487023)

dw2006 08-26-2007 10:28 PM

Entourage 8/26

Pretty weak episode, "Kanye to the rescue" has to be one of the most unintentionally funny lines in TV history.

DemonDeac 08-26-2007 10:29 PM

Re: Entourage 8/26

anna looked awful in the episode

i thought it was funny with kanye coming to the rescue, and then to bump his toons

swingdoc 08-26-2007 10:30 PM

Hah, I loved the drama/turtle scenes in the airport. "Ari's [censored]" Overall a funnier than average episode and the walsh scenes didn't annoy nearly as much as normal.

Kos13 08-26-2007 10:37 PM

Okay, I don't know if I missed a line or something, but what was the explanation for Anna firing E?

Nez477 08-26-2007 10:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Okay, I don't know if I missed a line or something, but what was the explanation for Anna firing E?

[/ QUOTE ]

Conflict of interests, I guess

Mike Gallo 08-26-2007 11:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It leave the reason to the imagination of the viewer.

I think -E- got all sentimental with Anna and dropped his move. She felt betrayed and kicked him out. He had to save face by saying she fired him without admitting he got caught trying to shoplift the .....

Pudge714 08-26-2007 11:23 PM

It amazes me how they decided to develop this whole episode, with E betraying Vince a pretty major move only to have as per usual everything work out in the end with a random thing which wasn't not alluded or foreshadowed to.

Full-Metall 08-26-2007 11:24 PM

Worst episode ever

yi style 08-26-2007 11:30 PM

i liked last week's ep, lots of ari at his best

i thought this ep was pretty weak, esp ari's back-and-forth w/ his wife

and what's with the anna "firing" E...seemed way to hasty and E didn't even seem mad or upset

hopefully next week at Cannes will be good

surfinillini 08-26-2007 11:32 PM

i think that was the worst ep of entourage i've ever seen...i'm gonna skip the final 2 ep's and just give it a clean slate next season.

this season is nothing short of a disaster...did they fire a couple writers or hire on some new ones? something fishy is going on here.

ThaSaltCracka 08-26-2007 11:48 PM

easily the worst episode ever.

There were some funny lines, but the story line between Ari and his wife and Lloyd was pathetic.

Turtle and Drama staying at the airport to fight potential terrorists was even worse.

The continue Farris BS. Hopefully she's not on the show anymore.

Vince was absolutely ridiculous in this episode. Basically anytime E had a legitimate argument or concern, Vince is like "come on E, today is better than later" or "Do it for me". Just horribly written.

DemonDeac 08-27-2007 12:00 AM

next week has to be awesome with hot bitches at Cannes

ThaSaltCracka 08-27-2007 12:03 AM

it looks stupid IMO.

Of course I'll watch though. DAMN YOU HBO!

archangel 08-27-2007 12:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Conflict of interests, I guess

[/ QUOTE ]

that was essentially my read, too -- my guess is that she was pissed that E wasn't initially honest with her opinion about the script even after she made it plain that she really valued his opinion (which is, after all, why she hired him in the first place). he pretty much made it clear to her that he'll seek to protect Vince's interests over hers if faced with that choice.

Overall, I thought it was a pretty weak episode. All that time spent with Ari sucking up with his wife was wholly unnecessary -- especially since there were no shots of her trying on lingerie during that shopping spree.

maryfield48 08-27-2007 12:44 AM

I thought the line "Who we know in Cannes?" was pretty funny.

Maybe Anna 'fired' E to clear the decks for a romantic relationship?

T-God 08-27-2007 01:24 AM

Can we go one [censored] episode without multiple awkward cameos? It's like they write the episodes around them these days.

It's insulting to my brilliance.

Ditch Digger 08-27-2007 01:36 AM

Worst episode ever. I hate how this season is like 50% E and 50% the rest of the cast.

T-God 08-27-2007 01:42 AM

[censored] E

Rapidtransit 08-27-2007 01:43 AM

I'm not really surprised that they've moved in this direction as from the get go the show has been designed to make him the main character. What I found frustrating about tonight's episode was the Anna Faris situation on a whole. Time and again Entourage has taken a cameo, had the cameo have a major effect on a main character, then written them off asap. They did this with Mandy Moore and again with Anna Faris and it makes for bad television. Cameo appearances in Entourage are much better the way they handled Kanye West tonight.

mikeymer 08-27-2007 01:50 AM

agreed, I kind of liked the side Anna story and was surprised and dissapointed that they ended it so fkn early...

wtf6192002 08-27-2007 01:53 AM

SHE DIDNT FIRE E YOU JERK FACES.

Why do you think he was late. If she fired him he would have been early. They were banging and E is going to quit managing Vince in next weeks episode. Vince is no longer listening to him.

Basically this will be like the Ari situation. The first half of next season will be them trying to get E back or E trying to get back. Same old [censored].

God you are all retarded. E wasnt fired and Tony was killed. I am a tv god witness my power.

Morbo 08-27-2007 02:25 AM

"We sacrificed the plane to the god of friendship", best Walsh ever

MEbenhoe 08-27-2007 02:35 AM

Agreed that this was the worst episode of Entourage in the series' history.

TheCroShow 08-27-2007 03:04 AM

i [censored] hate E

g-bebe 08-27-2007 03:20 AM

I didn't think it was THAT bad... then again, I love this show so much I can never think any episode is bad. I guess this ep just wasn't as great as the rest of them.

As said above, Walsh didn't annoy me as much this episode, but Ana Faris sure did. Damn, she's annoying, and kind of ugly if you ask me. Glad her sideplot got dumped.

And I loved Kanye's cameo. "Uh, well, we might have room for you..." *points to 767*

That song in the closing credits was off Kanye's new upcoming album, I'm guessing?

Suaimhnea 08-27-2007 03:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I didn't think it was THAT bad... then again, I love this show so much I can never think any episode is bad. I guess this ep just wasn't as great as the rest of them.

As said above, Walsh didn't annoy me as much this episode, but Ana Faris sure did. Damn, she's annoying, and kind of ugly if you ask me. Glad her sideplot got dumped.

And I loved Kanye's cameo. "Uh, well, we might have room for you..." *points to 767*

That song in the closing credits was off Kanye's new upcoming album, I'm guessing?

[/ QUOTE ]

"Yeah, we gone head up to London... chill there for a bit."

Well timed cameo by Kanye in promoting Graduation. If Kanye outsells 50 Cent on September 11 (releasing CURTIS), 50 claims he'll quit doing studio albums: another reason why this episode will eventually suck.

mikeymer 08-27-2007 04:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yea song is called good life feat. t-pain, sounded real nice... kanye has some serious hype coming into this release and i think its going to deliver.

Gospy 08-27-2007 05:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yea song is called good life feat. t-pain, sounded real nice... kanye has some serious hype coming into this release and i think its going to deliver.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. Definitely. I am a huge Kanye fan though. First two singles were amazing, and the other songs he played live were great. I per ordered it already. I can't wait.

Homer 08-27-2007 09:52 AM

somehow i missed the fact that E was fired. must have zoned out big time during this dud of an episode.

JDalla 08-27-2007 10:00 AM

kind of dumb that E's firing wasn't even worthy of being on screen. And Vince pisses me off with his "overly friendlyness," insisting they miss cannes unless everyone can go.

If Kanye doesn't outsell 50 I'm going to stop listening to music.

StevieG 08-27-2007 10:11 AM

Even this cliche filled effort would have been better:

First minute, everyone learns about LAX scare. So travel plans change to taking a flight leave from SFO, but only two business class seats available.

Walsh insists on taking one of them, E and Ari reluctantly yield.

Drama refuses to pay $5 for alcohol on the plane. He convinces Turtle to help him in schemes to sneak some liquor bottles off the cart.

Vince bangs a stewardess.

Ari gets the brunt of bad seat with bad neighbors. Hilarity ensues.

E overhears some industry rumor in coach, he and Ari manage to work a deal on the plane.

solids 08-27-2007 10:16 AM

While Snoop will likely forever hold the title as the dumbest cameo in Entourage history, Kanye's was the poorest acting cameo ever. I mean, I know he's a rapper and not an actor, but good Lord, that was hard to watch.

Like other posters have already said, this was a pretty garbage episode.

MattSuspect 08-27-2007 10:40 AM

At this point they are all garbage episodes. Still watchable, but this episode didn't like surprise me or anything. The show is just a parody of itself at this point.

Mrs. Ari is hot though.

Dids 08-27-2007 10:45 AM

This wasn't a horrible ep, but the plotting on this show is just totally WTF. It's like it's written by 3 different people who are actively trying to sabotage their respective plots. Waste 3 eps developing Anna and E only to nuke it off screen?

aslkfjasdlfkjdf retardo.

AK87 08-27-2007 12:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Even this cliche filled effort would have been better:

First minute, everyone learns about LAX scare. So travel plans change to taking a flight leave from SFO, but only two business class seats available.

Walsh insists on taking one of them, E and Ari reluctantly yield.

Drama refuses to pay $5 for alcohol on the plane. He convinces Turtle to help him in schemes to sneak some liquor bottles off the cart.

Vince bangs a stewardess.

Ari gets the brunt of bad seat with bad neighbors. Hilarity ensues.

E overhears some industry rumor in coach, he and Ari manage to work a deal on the plane.

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT, esp the Ari and Drama/Turtle parts.

szw 08-27-2007 12:36 PM

Horribly actor but I still love kanye and was happy to see him on the episode!

Earlier someone said something about the 50 vs Kanye thing, I think 50 retracted his comment.

guids 08-27-2007 01:39 PM

either this was a really really horrible episode, or next epi/season will clear a bunch of stuff up adn it was just a "setup episode", and than I wont think its so bad.

Sayitloudernow 08-27-2007 02:42 PM

Is the finale going to be longer than usual? It looked like it was fairly action packed, better fit for an hour, which would be AWESOME.

DonkeyKongSr 08-27-2007 02:45 PM

Wow, I used to love this show, but this season has blown. If it weren't for Flight of the Conchords, I would have stopped watching this by now.

Soul Daddy 08-27-2007 02:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
better fit for an hour, which would be AWESOME.

[/ QUOTE ]
Hell yeah, twice as much to complain about!