Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   BBV4Life (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=64)
-   -   What SHOULD my line have been to the Cop? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=486417)

RickAstleyFan 08-25-2007 11:18 PM

What SHOULD my line have been to the Cop?

(Not too long I promise)

BACKGROUND: Three months ago I get stopped at 10:30 at night for "rolling" through a stop sign.

I was given a ticket for "disobeying a traffic sign or device" for $242.

No kidding, 242 bucks!

So I ask for the trial, and make a case to the judge that the cop was in the lane coming AT me, and he had no angle to see if I had stopped, and that it was 10:30 at night and it was dark.

The judge said he would release his decision by MAIL. I felt good leaving the courtroom.

So this week I get a letter informing me I am "Guilty" and I have to pay $190.

FLASH FORWARD TO TODAY.

I am on vacation, two hours from where I live at a gas station. While I am waiting in line to pay for my sunflower seeds I look back and catch the eyes of that SAME cop who gave me the ticket. (No uniform, he is in a t-shirt and jeans)

He stares at me, then says, "You look familiar, where do I know you from?"

I replied, "You gave me a ticket for supposedly running a stop sign. The judge is making me pay 190 bucks."

"Ouch" was all he said. Then I paid, and walked out.

BEAT: I said nothing cool.
BEAT: It bothered me for the next 100 miles of my trip why I DIDN'T say anything.

BBV, I ask you, if you run into a cop who gave you a ticket later, and he is obviously off duty and out of his jurisdiction, what would have been a cool line I SHOULD have used?

Thanks!

This is what he looked like, kinda. Officer Smith.
http://img297.imageshack.us/img297/9389/image140wd0.jpg

SkeetyMcdoogle 08-25-2007 11:21 PM

Re: What SHOULD my line have been to the Cop?

SHAKE EM DOWN PIG

thac 08-25-2007 11:21 PM

How about the line from your foot straight to his nuts

Mustbeblufin 08-25-2007 11:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
(Not too long I promise)

BACKGROUND: Three months ago I get stopped at 10:30 at night for "rolling" through a stop sign.

I was given a ticket for "disobeying a traffic sign or device" for $242.

No kidding, 242 bucks!

So I ask for the trial, and make a case to the judge that the cop was in the lane coming AT me, and he had no angle to see if I had stopped, and that it was 10:30 at night and it was dark.

The judge said he would release his decision by MAIL. I felt good leaving the courtroom.

So this week I get a letter informing me I am "Guilty" and I have to pay $190.

FLASH FORWARD TO TODAY.

I am on vacation, two hours from where I live at a gas station. While I am waiting in line to pay for my sunflower seeds I look back and catch the eyes of that SAME cop who gave me the ticket. (No uniform, he is in a t-shirt and jeans)

I replied, "You gave me a ticket for supposedly running a stop sign. The judge is making me pay 190 bucks."

"Ouch" was all he said. Then I paid, and walked out.

BEAT: I said nothing cool.
BEAT: It bothered me for the next 100 miles of my trip why I DIDN'T say anything.

BBV, I ask you, if you run into a cop who gave you a ticket later, and he is obviously off duty and out of his jurisdiction, what would have been a cool line I SHOULD have used?

Thanks!

This is what he looked like, kinda. Officer Smith.
http://img297.imageshack.us/img297/9389/image140wd0.jpg

[/ QUOTE ]

You are better off to let it go. You might run into him again. He would never forget if you made a funny, but smart ass comment. This is a case where the fantasy of saying something cool is better than the reality of saying it.

LOL_BLK_PPL 08-25-2007 11:35 PM

Piggy McBacon --- "Where do i know you from son?"

YOU --- "I sell you ur beastiality/scat/bukkakke films"
OR
--- "I did ur vagina re-assignment" surgery"

Mr_Pathetic 08-25-2007 11:36 PM

Tell your wife hi for me.

RickAstleyFan 08-25-2007 11:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

OH WOW. That's a GREAT line!

LOL_BLK_PPL 08-25-2007 11:38 PM

Unfortunately, i do agree with mustbeblufin. When it comes down to it, better off biting ur tongue.

shootaa 08-25-2007 11:43 PM

you should've said ouch? you look like a white-trash idiot, ouch... then kicked him in the sac and ran.

d0nkaments 08-25-2007 11:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

OH WOW. That's a GREAT line!

[/ QUOTE ]

TheJokerIsWild 08-25-2007 11:58 PM

It's obvious that you know that you did indeed run the stop sign and the ticket was justified, so why did you need to say anything to the cop? He was just doing his job and it wasn't personal.

Lord_Strife 08-26-2007 12:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
It's obvious that you know that you did indeed run the stop sign and the ticket was justified, so why did you need to say anything to the cop? He was just doing his job and it wasn't personal.

[/ QUOTE ]

Because everyone thinks they're right and will fight for it no matter how wrong they know they are.

bottomset 08-26-2007 12:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

$190 for a rolling stop at 10:30 at night?

come on

xoom 08-26-2007 12:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

come on

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, come one, youre allowed to break the lawn after 10:30. lets make a pole an vote on it pleas.

edfurlong 08-26-2007 12:21 AM

Ask him if he likes apples and then karate kick him.

btmagnetw 08-26-2007 12:22 AM

obv he's arguing that there should be degrees of traffic violations, and that a rolling stop shouldn't be fined at the same level as driving 20 mph over the speed limit. but maybe not so obvious since you didn't get that.

TheJokerIsWild 08-26-2007 12:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
obv he's arguing that there should be degrees of traffic violations, and that a rolling stop shouldn't be fined at the same level as driving 20 mph over the speed limit. but maybe not so obvious since you didn't get that.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you really this stupid?

Khaos4k 08-26-2007 12:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

come on

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, come one, youre allowed to break the lawn after 10:30. lets make a pole an vote on it pleas.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds like he's getting the same fine for a rolling stop as if he had just decided to ignore the sign completely. There should be degrees.

LionelHutz00 08-26-2007 12:48 AM

Cut his arms with a dirty razor and say:
http://img96.imageshack.us/img96/240...toadwi0xi4.jpg

ncboiler 08-26-2007 12:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ending his sentence with a preposition meant nothing to you?

_brady_ 08-26-2007 12:58 AM

I completely blew a stop sign last summer and my ticket was $42.

RickAstleyFan 08-26-2007 01:10 AM

Honestly, when he gave me the ticket, I thought it would be for like 90 bucks, and if I plead guilty they would drop it to 50 or so.

When I looked and it was $242, my head nearly assploded.

So I asked at the courthouse, how much would they reduce it if I plead guilty, and the answer, 10 percent.

So it would have gone down to 24 bucks.

That was another reason I took my shot at court.

And yes, the fine was the same as if I blew through a red light at 55 miles an hour.

Ridiculous.

27offsuit 08-26-2007 01:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]

"Ouch"

[/ QUOTE ]

This was a solid reply, regardless of my thoughts on cops in general.

filsteal 08-26-2007 01:29 AM

HU 4 badge?

ybother 08-26-2007 01:33 AM

thank you sir may i have another?

please.muck 08-26-2007 02:02 AM

man he's just a cop

probably hates his [censored] job

get over it. we all know life sucks, Ive had to pay a ticket for something I didnt do. Pissed me off momentarily, but u cant let that stuff bring u down.

doubLe a tom 08-26-2007 02:09 AM

http://youtube.com/watch?v=CMNry4PE93Y

breitling996 08-26-2007 02:50 AM

i live in Vancouver canada... so the cop would have already gotten an ear full when he pulled me over... in a side note when i was a kid a cop busted me and some friends of mine for under age drinking... about a week later we seen the same cop out front of a coffee shop off duty... my buddy walked straight up him and pretended to trip and covered him in a slurpee... was the funniest [censored] ive ever seen.. he just sat there with a dumb look on his face.. was pricless..

Chump Change 08-26-2007 03:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
What SHOULD my line have been to the Cop?

[/ QUOTE ]

BTCH IM CUTER

thedustbustr 08-26-2007 02:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]

So I asked at the courthouse, how much would they reduce it if I plead guilty, and the answer, 10 percent.

So it would have gone down to 24 bucks.

[/ QUOTE ]
are you really this dumb

TexRef 08-27-2007 12:02 PM

That's horrendous...

I got pulled over in my garage about six months ago (brag: cop had to catch up with me) and received the following tickets...

* Speeding: 92 in a 55
* Running a red light (not while going 92, mind you)
* Expired inspection sticker
* No front license plate
* No proof of insurance

Went to court and got the prosecutor to drop everything but the speeding... Paid $225, including court costs, and got deferred adjudication on the speeding.

Brag: Would have gotten another speeding ticket, but the cop told me that he didn't know how fast I was going (had exited interstate and was speeding down another street)
Beat: Cop went way out of his way from the service road of the interstate to catch up with me when I thought I was in the free and clear on an overpass
Beat: Got pulled over in my garage
Beat: Posted this just to share... Have nothing to offer OP

BuckyK 08-27-2007 12:07 PM

Obv ask cop to pay for sunflower seeds cause you're busto from paying $190 ticket.